Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: What are your favorite movie quotes?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Organizized's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: What are your favorite movie quotes?

"I like these calm little moments before the storm. It reminds me of Beethoven." - Stansfield, Léon

"Hey, don't knock masturbation. It's sex with someone I love." - Alvy Singer, Annie Hall

"I like to drink coffee before I sleep so I can dream faster." - Repeated line, Coffee and Cigarettes.

Reviewer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity alphabeta's Avatar
    Country
    Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm surprised no one's posted this one before

Godfather

Kay Adams: How did he do that?
    Michael: My father made him an offer he couldn't refuse.
    Kay Adams: What was that?
    Michael: Luca Brasi held a gun to his head, and my father assured him that either his brains or his signature would be on the contract.
    Kay Adams: ...

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Ochiru's Avatar
    Country
    Finland
    Post Thanks / Like

"You Either Die as a Hero or Youll live long enough to see yourself become the villain" Harvey Dent/Two Face from The Dark Knight

There’s something you should know about me…about inception. An idea is like a virus. Resilient, highly contagious. The smallest seed of an idea can grow. It can grow to define, or destroy you.” Cob From the Inception

Well, I'm no expert but... it could be that the hydrothermic properties of this region produce hurricane-force ice storms that cause the ocean to freeze and then melt and then refreeze, resulting in a semisolid migrating land mass that would land a ship right around here." Riley Poole from National Treasure

" They told me there was nothing out there, nothing to fear. But the night my parents were murdered I caught a glimpse of something. I've looked for it ever since. I went around the world, searched in all the shadows. And there is something out there in the darkness, something terrifying, something that will not stop until it gets revenge... Me. " Bruce Wayne/Batman from Batman Begins

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member HegemonKhan's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

good quotes Ochiru! Batman has great one's hehe.

I like the one about the Joker in Dark Knight by Alfred. Alfred: ~"Some people just want to see the world burn". Batman: ~"How did you get the person?" Alfred: ~"We burnt down the entire jungle"

and by Rachel to Batman in either the first or 2nd movie (can't remember which). ~"It's not who you are, but what you do."

-------------

I think this was in this new tv movie series accurate re-make of Dune series (if not, it's from the Dune book series):

The Litany of Fear:

(paraphrasing, as I can't remember if this is how it exactly goes)

Fear is the Mind Killer.
    I will face my fear.
    I will let it past through me.
    And when it has passed,
    Only I shall remain.
    Last edited by HegemonKhan; September 16, 2011 at 05:00 PM.
    "The internet’s perfect for all manner of things, but productive discussion ain’t one of them. It provides scant room for debate and infinite opportunities for fruitless point-scoring: the heady combination of perceived anonymity, gestated responses, random heckling and a notional “live audience” quickly conspire to create a “perfect storm” of perpetual bickering." - Charlie Brooker

"I hold the wolf by the ears, I am in a dangerous situation and dare not let go" -an old saying in Latin

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Ochiru's Avatar
    Country
    Finland
    Post Thanks / Like

Ah you mean the one where Rachel says "It's not who you are underneath - it's what you do that defines you." yeah your right Batman does have great quotes and such probably because its resolving around such corrupted city and the tale of the dark avenger to make the place worth live in and there are only few people who are ready to aid him in his jorney

Light and Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Batman Dark Knight

Bruce Wayne: ...Because sometimes truth isn't good enough. Sometimes people deserve more.

7. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member wizzard's Avatar
    Country
    Bulgaria
    Post Thanks / Like

Why is this thread so deserted
    O.W. Grant: As I say, messing with people's heads can be a lot of fun. You should try it.

My thread. | MAL:myanimelist | mymangalist |
    Quote Originally Posted by Krina29 View Post
    +I like talking to you

Grand Secretariat 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member goldb's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Loki: [To crowd] Kneel before me. I said… KNEEL! Is not this simpler? Is this not your natural state? It's the unspoken truth of humanity that you crave subjugation. The bright lure of freedom diminishes your life's joy in a mad scramble for power. For identity. You were made to be ruled. In the end, you will always kneel.

- Avengers

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Bromamura's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Alonzo Harris (Training Day) - "Aww, you motherfuckers. Okay. Alright. I'm putting cases on all you bitches! Huh. You think you can do this shit...Jake! You think you can do this to me?! You motherfuckers will be playing basketball in Pelican Bay when I get finished with you! SHU program, nigga. 23 hour lockdown! I'm the man up in this piece! You'll never see the light of.....who the fuck do you think you're fucking with? I'm the police, I run shit here. You just live here! Yeah, that's right, you better walk away! Go on and walk away...'cause I'm gonna' burn this motherfucker down. King Kong ain't got shit on me! That's right, that's right. Shit, I don't, fuck. I'm winning anyway, I'm winning... I'm winning any motherfucking way. I can't lose. Yeah, you can shoot me, but you can't kill me."

Baldwin IV (Kingdom of Heaven) - "When I was sixteen I won a great victory. I felt in that moment that I should live to be one hundred, now I know I shall not see thirty. None of us know our end really, or what hand will guide us there. A King may move a man, a father may claim a son. That man can also move himself. And only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played, or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone. Even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power. When you stand before God, you cannot say "but I was told by others to do thus" or that "virtue was not convenient at the time." This will not suffice. Remember that."

Merovingian (Matrix Reloaded) - "Yes, of course. Who has time. Who has time? But then if we do not ever take time, how can we ever have time? Château Haut-Brion mille neuf cent cinquante neuf, magnificent wine. I love French wine, like I love the French language. I have sampled every language; French is my favorite. Fantastic language, especially to curse with. Nom de Dieu de putain de bordel de merde de saloperies de connards d'enculé de ta mère...it's like wiping your ass with silk, I love it. "

Beowulf - "I am Ripper... Tearer... Slasher... Gouger! I am the Teeth in the Darkness, the Talons in the Night. Mine is Strength... and Lust... and Power! I! AM! BEOWULF!!"

Vincent (Collateral) - "Someday, someday my dream will come?" One night you'll wake up and you'll discover it never happened. It's all turned around on you, and it never will. Suddenly you are old. It didn't happen, and it never will because you were never going to do it anyway. You'll push it into memory, then zone out in your barcalounger, being hypnotized by daytime TV for the rest of your life. Don't you talk to me about murder. All it ever took was a down payment on a Lincoln Town Car, and that girl... you can't even call that girl. What the fuck are you still doing driving a cab?"
    Last edited by Bromamura; August 14, 2012 at 06:25 AM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BASED Shinigami's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Batman Begins Ra's Al Ghul:

"The training is nothing, the will IS EVERYTHING....the will to act"

The Dark Knight Harvey Dent:

"You either die a hero or live long enough to see yourself become the villain"

The Dark Knight Rises Bane:

"No one cared who I was before I put on the mask"
    My comic suggestions: Ecchi, Martial Arts, Historical, Harem, Adventure!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Saint Markus's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

"I am what I am, regardless the blood in my veins".

-D, from "Vampire Hunter D" (1985)

"Are you a Mexican...or a Mexi-Can't....?".

-Sands, from "Once Upon A Time in Mexico" (2003)

MH's Best Reviewer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Jammin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Here are some favorites of mine.

SerentyThe Operative: "I want to resolve this like civilized men. I'm not threatening you. I'm unarmed."

Capt. Malcolm Reynolds: "Good." [pulls gun and shoots Operative in the chest]

TombstoneWyatt Earp: "What makes a man like Ringo, Doc? What makes him do the things he does?"

Doc Holliday: "A man like Ringo has got a great big hole, right in the middle of him. He can never kill enough, or steal enough, or inflict enough pain to ever fill it."

Wyatt Earp: "What does he need?"

Doc Holliday: "Revenge."

Wyatt Earp: "For what?"

Doc Holliday: "Bein' born."
    Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for Everybody]
    I Don't Want This Kind of Hero [Esp. for Superhero/Comedy fans]
    Girls of the Wild's [Esp. for Romance/Martial Arts fans.]
    Ultimate Legend: Kang Hae Hyo [Esp. for Delinquent/Comedy fans]
    Otogi Taisen Fantasma [Esp. for Harem Fans]

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity TheMoa's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

"Carpe diem. Seize the day, boys. Make your lives extraordinary." - John Keating - Dead Poets Society

Pulp fiction dialogue between Jules and the guy who stole Marsellus Wallace
    "I'm sorry, did I break your concentration? I didn't mean to do that. Please, continue, you were saying something about best intentions. What's the matter? Oh, you were finished! Well, allow me to retort. What does Marsellus Wallace look like?
    Brett: What?
    Jules: What country are you from?
    Brett: What? What? Wh - ?
    Jules: "What" ain't no country I've ever heard of. They speak English in What?
    Jules: English, motherfucker, do you speak it?
    Brett: Yes! Yes!
    Jules: Then you know what I'm sayin'!
    Brett: Yes!
    Jules: Describe what Marsellus Wallace looks like!
    Jules: Say 'what' again. Say 'what' again, I dare you, I double dare you motherfucker, say what one more Goddamn time! "

15. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member g0dzax's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

From Masters of Horror Season I :

"I believe anything can happen to anyone anywhere at any time."

"You've always got to expect the unexpected and do the unexpected."

"When everything else fails,you try anything."

From How High:

"Look at you now.Dead.Ashes.Damn,Ivory,after all these years of blazing who would've though the last thing you'll smoke would be your ass."

"-Ain't you supposed to be dead?!(Silas)
    -I am dead,but this is what what happens when you smoke your boy."(Ivory)

"-I'm going to take a long,nice shit.(Jamal)
    -Oh,that's the kind of atitude I like to hear."(professor)

17. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Banned 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Palau
    Post Thanks / Like

"Money allows you to be who you truly are." -Patrick Tully, The Good German

19. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast