Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by kewl0210 , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)
New Reply
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: The Breaker: New Waves Q/A Thread

Corporate 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member blai's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

The Breaker The Breaker: New Waves Q/A Thread

This is the thread where all your minor questions relevant to this series should be posted, as well as the replies. Hoping we can create a minor FAQ database as time progress.

So if you want to know anything about New Waves, post here
    You're not paid to think;
    A mindless worker is a happy worker,
    so shut up and do your job.

2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity kidopitz27's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Breaker: New Waves Q/A Thread

i'm really confuse on this one :

Shinmujengpe is a murim tournament to obtain a title of a Dragon right?

1.so is it like a normal tournament that has Blocks (Block A, Block B) and each block has a Dragon title on the line E.g Block A - Dragon Step (it is either Focus Stomp or Foot Techs) and any Murims can join that's why GMR join

OR

2.Shinmujengpe is a murim tournament that each Block is only for a certain School ? like when Cho Jae-Myung of Iron Fist said that Dragon Claw Punch belong to the Iron Fist School for generations so that means Iron Fist School student who wants to be a Dragon always join on that block (Dragon Claw Punch)

OR

3.Shinmujengpe is a murim tournament that is open to all Murims who wants to be a Dragon and with a consent of each school that this certain student wants to participate on a seat of a Dragon on that category (maybe this one is what Kang-Sung take)

OR

A Combination of all 3?

OMG TWO VILEPLUME

100% sure that Zoro already surpassed mihawk! 10/06/10

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Monsterguy's Avatar
    Country
    Slovenia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kidopitz27 View Post
    i'm really confuse on this one :

Shinmujengpe is a murim tournament to obtain a title of a Dragon right?

1.so is it like a normal tournament that has Blocks (Block A, Block B) and each block has a Dragon title on the line E.g Block A - Dragon Step (it is either Focus Stomp or Foot Techs) and any Murims can join that's why GMR join

OR

2.Shinmujengpe is a murim tournament that each Block is only for a certain School ? like when Cho Jae-Myung of Iron Fist said that Dragon Claw Punch belong to the Iron Fist School for generations so that means Iron Fist School student who wants to be a Dragon always join on that block (Dragon Claw Punch)

OR

3.Shinmujengpe is a murim tournament that is open to all Murims who wants to be a Dragon and with a consent of each school that this certain student wants to participate on a seat of a Dragon on that category (maybe this one is what Kang-Sung take)

OR

A Combination of all 3?
    I see this tournament like this:

You become a dragon after acquiring 1 secret technique(nobody or not a lot of people know about that technique and others desperately want to get it).

There are a large number of martial art schools who are each known for having a seacret techniques nobody else posseses/other desire.

This tournament is meant for big schools to overtake the small ones by acquiring their secret techniques.

With this I mean that if a school would lose a lot of times with a lot of members and have only a small amount of secret techniques than that school will soon be closed.

That's becouse the tournament would be build so that a loser must heand over to the winner a secret technique from their school.

GMR was able to get 9 diffrent secret techniques becouse he defeated all 9 most powerful schools and after that there wasn't a single challenger left becouse all members would be defeated so many times that their schools would have no more secret techniqies to spare.

GMR used Black heaven and earth technique to participate in the match becouse if he would lose he would have to hand over the technique.

My thoughts:
    I believe that in next tournament Shunwoo clan would participate only with Shioon and invest a one and only technique their clan is so proud for.

On the other hand S.U.C. would participate with a lot of members who tranfered to S.U.C. from all kind of different schools and each and every one of them had stolen one secret technique from their own school.

Once all members from a school have lost so many fights that their school has no more secret techniques to spare the tournament is over.

This means that untill you are winning you advance in a next round and you can get the secret technique from the next school but the problem would be that a person is allowed to have only one fight in a whole week.

The opponent is chosen by drawing a number from a box.

I believe that it would be funny for Shioon to show all kind of small techniques in addition with 1 secret technique Shunwoo clan would thought him, 9 diffrent secret techniques GRM thought him plus heaven and earth technique wich Shioon would develop/perfect alone.

Conclusion:
    To show a technique and to learn it are two diffrent things becouse even Shioon has a few questions how a technique works after he sees it with his own eyes.

As for the end I expect for a member from S.U.C. to invest the Black heaven and earth technique but would lose the last fight against Shioon. At the same time GRM would refuse to hand over that technique to S.U.C. and the new established school with the name "S.U.C." would be closed.

After that Shioon would use Black heaven and earth technique in order to rescue his master.

THE END
    Last edited by Monsterguy; May 01, 2011 at 07:48 PM.
    Spoiler: sample from originally colourful manhwa Tower of God show

It never ceases to amaze me:
    "How are authors of famous manhwa / manga,... able to create such amazing works???"

5. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Translator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BakaHaze's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Dunno if this is a good place...

But what's with the Mangacurse/A-team overlap release? Isn't this kindof a waste?
    ~Haze - 羡慕嫉妒恨! ^^ ~嶺上開花!!~

Halfway 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BakaHaze View Post
    Dunno if this is a good place...

But what's with the Mangacurse/A-team overlap release? Isn't this kindof a waste?

A-team has been releasing the chapters since forever.

Mangacurse came along with their own staff doing this project when A-team for valid reasons chose to be a little slower when the author / artist complained about illegal scanlations profiting of them.

I cant call it a waste because sometimes depending on the version and how a translator interprets a line or two we might not understand what was said and so having another team do the same release will help clear up the confusion. At least help understand the intended meaning better of the chapter.

8. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member S-H-I-G-U-R-E's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Here are my questions: What purpose do Black Forest Defence have? Are they fighting against SUC? Why? Did Goomoonryong leave Black Forest Defence to join the SUC?

Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

I can't answer your first one; the answer is in the first series and that was a long time ago But I think they're just a terrorist group intent on taking over the world (and possibly tearing down the wall between Murim'in and common people).

I'm quite sure they're not fighting SUC. I think it was written in one of the recent chapters that the 5 leaders of SUC originally came from Black Forest Defence, so actually SUC is more like a subbranch of BFD? So he didn't leave BFD...

Or I might just be deluding myself; just wait for the manhwa master (Charlie) to clear it up

11. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

I moved some posts over to the Han Chan-Woo (Goomoonryong) Discussion thread .

This thread is not really meant for large discussion, only trying to answer the simpler questions.

Quote Quote:
    Here are my questions: What purpose do Black Forest Defence have? Are they fighting against SUC? Why? Did Goomoonryong leave Black Forest Defence to join the SUC?
    Black Forest Defense - their purpose, I cant say due to lack of evidence.
    What we know was that 9arts was working with them in part one.
    I'd say I would be leaning more to what BakaHaze said in his post.

Are the fighting the s.u.c ?

The s.u.c masters were all taken out by 9arts in one of the previous chapter.
    I don't remember if it was mentioned if the bfd leaders were the heads of the s.u.c.
    My memory is a little hazy over that part.

The last part, is another question that is not simple and is not possible to answer at this time.
    I think gmr is working directly for that old German guy regardless of any affiliation we've been told of before.
    Last edited by Charlie; August 22, 2011 at 10:47 PM. Reason: spelling.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member S-H-I-G-U-R-E's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

K. Thank you. I didn't realize the true meaning of this thread.

Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by S-H-I-G-U-R-E View Post
    K. Thank you. I didn't realize the true meaning of this thread.
    Thanks for understanding overly more complicated questions from the series that deal with a character specifically, in this case Gmr, should be done in his character thread hence those posts which were leaning towards that were moved over there.

Quote Originally Posted by Blai
    This is the thread where all your minor questions relevant to this series should be posted, as well as the replies. Hoping we can create a minor FAQ database as time progress.

So if you want to know anything about New Waves, post here
    With the above quote in mind, please keep the questions coming.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member ChaoticKen's Avatar
    Country
    South Korea
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie View Post
    I moved some posts over to the Han Chan-Woo (Goomoonryong) Discussion thread .

This thread is not really meant for large discussion, only trying to answer the simpler questions.

Black Forest Defense - their purpose, I cant say due to lack of evidence.
    What we know was that 9arts was working with them in part one.
    I'd say I would be leaning more to what BakaHaze said in his post.

Are the fighting the s.u.c ?

The s.u.c masters were all taken out by 9arts in one of the previous chapter.
    I don't remember if it was mentioned if the bfd leaders were the heads of the s.u.c.
    My memory is a little hazy over that part.

The last part, is another question that is not simple and is not possible to answer at this time.
    I think gmr is working directly for that old German guy regardless of any affiliation we've been told of before.
    I doubt the SUC and BFD have anything to do with one another. I presume, when you are talking about the "masters being taken out" you are talking about Chapter 36?

The people that GMR killed in Chapter 36 are not SUC. They are BFD members. The old dude says so himself. They were high ranking leaders / prominent members of the BFD who got intimidated when their followers left them for GMR and tried to kill GMR when he was on his way to meet the old man. The old man is presumably BFD as well. Maybe the leader, or maybe the sponsor, or something.

The SUC and BFD are separate. The SUC have probably never met GMR in person. The old man asks GMR if he has any thought of meeting with them.

I have not read either of A-Team's or MangaCurse's translations, but I see nothing in the original Korean version stating that...
    a) SUC's heads are former BFD members.
    b) GMR killed the SUC leaders.

16. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Like I said all this is pretty foggy for me, thanks for clearing it up ^^

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Iti's Avatar
    Country
    Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like

How many chapters on 1 volume BNW? Nine?

Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Roughly. Most likeless less. But I think all tanks have a standard of being at least 150 pages thick.

Are you looking to buy?

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Iti's Avatar
    Country
    Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like

No. But I need to know how many chapters...

New Reply
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast