Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 592 by BadKarma , Gintama 506 (2)
New Reply

Thread: The Art Discussion thread

Hound of Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member benelori's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

The Art Discussion thread

Hello great fans of a great manhwa!

This thread is dedicated to the art of The Breaker and The Breaker: New Waves.

In my opinion the art is very, how should I say it...clean. The shilhouttes are realistic and well-drawn and there's no sense of abnormal distortion when the characters are shown from different angles.

The fight scenes are fluid, the moves are executed very well, but I somehow have the feeling that I'm reading Bleach. The author loves blank, or simple backgrounds, some of them plain white or black, some bicolor, but with clear lines and shapes, nothing too complicated.

But there's also a nice amount of sexiness and humor that follows it, so there are plenty of weird panels, and the manhwa is full of sex bombs, bishies and juicy provoking panels.

So how do you rate the art? Does anyone see any faults or maybe some things are not satisfying?
    And in the end, if you won't bother with commenting on the art in general, just pick your favourite or best panels, post them, and tell us why you like them. Knock URselves out!

2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    The Original 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member thornofcarrion's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Art Discussion thread

I think The Breaker art is awesome. Great panels, character designs is marvelous, but the most I liked about is how the battles are drawn. You can easily make out what is happening most of the time.

Hound of Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member benelori's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

I also like the fact that the ecchi is not that revealing, or maybe the ecchi is not so present...like Jinie's leaps or Shiho's positions etc...

I think paneling and details are the best features of the manga...just take the last chapters, the way that creepy new guy from the Sunwoo clan(forgot the name) kicked his masked opponent...the way it was built up...brilliant...

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member revennge's Avatar
    Country
    Joker
    Post Thanks / Like

Art is good. I like all the shading and character art overall. As i know artist draws digitally with Graphics Tablet in Photoshop. I also use it so i know that is really useful with all the layer options and stuff. That is the reason we get sketchy chapter covers and very clean art.
    "In peace Vigilance. In war Victory. In death Sacrifice."

6. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    The Original 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member thornofcarrion's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by revennge View Post
    Art is good. I like all the shading and character art overall. As i know artist draws digitally with Graphics Tablet in Photoshop. I also use it so i know that is really useful with all the layer options and stuff. That is the reason we get sketchy chapter covers and very clean art.
    Thank you for the information. What can't denied is his ideas and thinking behind the art. Personally, I have no issues with digital art.

New Reply