Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 756 by cnet128 , Bleach 592 by cnet128
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: HSDK 424 Discussion / 425 Predictions

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zatono's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

HSDK 424 Discussion / 425 Predictions

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity LoS's Avatar
    Country
    Isle of Man
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: HSDK 424 Discussion / 425 Predictions

Wow, what an amazingly boring chapter.

What the heck, was that seriously the chapter? That was fit for an omake, not a weekly chapter.
    The OG that ran Bleach for near a decade is no more.
    Cheers to a boss villain, I tip my hat to you Aizen

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zatono's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah it's pretty much a filler chapter. Hopefully next week the plot can finally move along. We've been stuck in the Data Arc for how many weeks now?

Country
    Isle of Man
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, he said new development and what we got was Miu's kiss on Kenichi's cheek. This chapter says next issue is a new development, so to be honest I can't quite get my hopes up entirely.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, if miu gets like that from merely holding hands and trying to kiss kenichi then who knows what will happen when they actually do stuff.... Happiness will perhaps literally ooze from her and drown people around her.

Anyways, can't say chikage did not make me laugh. I think chikage is up next to fight kenichi though. Not just because this chapter focused so much on her but because I think it is her turn in the rotation.
    https://manga.gamestotal.com/en/read...nichi/9/384/1/

Since tirawit is out, rachel can't fight, sougetsu is not interested and kajima is for some reason not counted then the next one must necessarily be chikage.

I find it interesting that kajima said he never won against tirawit some time before though. He is either hiding his strength or perhaps when his time comes his part will be extremely plot oriented rather than just a fight. He is a little different from other yomi and yami in that he talks about the strength of the heart and is apparently a mind reader lol. Perhaps he will be able to oppose kenichi because of the heart bit, he will be able to put that pressure on him which he regularly puts on his enemies. It is also bound to be the introduction of saiga and perhaps a fight between him and akisame (as akisame was a friend of his).

Wonder who will take out kushinada (the big ones). clearly she is a bit too much for the regular ryozampaku masters so perhaps she will be left for the elder. Finally a chance to see the old man get serious lol. Wonder just how strong the old man really is though. He has to be completely uber even in comparison to the strongest masters around considering kushinada has implied she did the old man which he has denied. You have to be pretty awesome to have a woman like that lie about such a thing lol.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Lectro Volpi's Avatar
    Country
    Mexico
    Post Thanks / Like

Can't help but love Chikage; her last sentence "My heart won't be soiled... starting tomorrow" is simply amazing. Love her character. Ukita took it easy.

I can't tell for sure if she is going to fight Kenichi or not, however, I am sure that she will fight for real with someone.

No one takes her seriously but that, in my opinion, is the best tactic you can take with her right now.

7. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

kkck
    I think they will find some other person to fight Kenichi. I think it would be some disciples or just martial artists found by Ogata Ishinsai, cause it's logically his turn, cause Chikage already missed her opportunity to fight.
    Also about Saiga fighting Akisame... I think Saiga is stronger than Akisame. And if Saiga will fight someone from the Masters it will be the Elder. It's actually Saiga who is One Shadow (the Head of Yami's Unarmed Division).
    Also I agree that Elder should fight Kushinada. They have a long history together.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Animeace's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Sweets are good sweets are justice! lol chikage chan just to adorable. Was good chap despite no action.

@ kkck agreed I think Kushinada and elder will definitely face off against each other and hopefully some more of there past will be revealed as well.

Looking forward to seeing the rest of yomi revealed Berserker going to be a beast now that he's had training.
    Last edited by Animeace; March 31, 2011 at 08:13 AM.

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jorge D. Dragon View Post
    kkck
    I think they will find some other person to fight Kenichi. I think it would be some disciples or just martial artists found by Ogata Ishinsai, cause it's logically his turn, cause Chikage already missed her opportunity to fight.
    Also about Saiga fighting Akisame... I think Saiga is stronger than Akisame. And if Saiga will fight someone from the Masters it will be the Elder. It's actually Saiga who is One Shadow (the Head of Yami's Unarmed Division).
    Also I agree that Elder should fight Kushinada. They have a long history together.
    Chikage originally missing her shot is not a big deal as the yomi members have already agreed on a rotation for the whole thing. That is why tirawit got to fight a second time. Based on that rotation it is chikage's turn to fight, that much is fact. Unless a new yomi appears or tanimoto gets an interest in fighting kenichi or kushinada orders her disciple not to fight there is no reason for chikage not to fight kenichi. I don't think atlanti members should be considered in this though as they are not actual yomi members.

That said, we really have no reason to believe saiga is stronger than anyone in particular just because he is the one shadow. For plot reasons he should be extremely powerful but that is not to say the only ryozampaku master who should be able to defeat him is the elder. I doubt being the one shadow implies he should be the strongest yami. We also have to face the fact that the ryozampaku masters are rarely forced to their limits in fights... Most of the masters we have actually seen are garbage compared to them. Lets consider when ma fought diego for instance. In the end the fight ended with ma saying he couldn't hold back because diego was so strong and diego being immediately defeated. Basically, diego was not quite there at ma's level. It was a roughly similar situation with gaidar. A similar difference or even a greater one was seen when ma fought the father of that spark girls. It took apachai 2 seconds to overwhelm the guy with the bird one he went all out. Sazaki held his own against two yami members already, Sehrul and Sicardo. In all fairness, the only one time a ryozampaku master was actually forced to his utmost limit was when apachai fought Agaard who technically tied with him. Don't get me wrong, saiga could be THAT strong but I really doubt that will be the case. I recall from the rounuri kenshin manga that the author described hiko seijuro (kenshin's master) as a Joker character. He is unquestionably the strongest character in the series, someone who the main character would not have a chance in hell even when at the top of his strength (basically he could make fodder of any enemy in the series). For that reason such a character could only fight other joker characters. I believe the elder is a comparable character in that regard, his purpose is basically to fight other joker characters or provide guidance. For that reason I think kushinada is the only character meant to be defeated by the elder. She can take 3 masters who have made fodder of powerful masters before at the same time, she is basically a joker character.

11. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member ChikoSuave21's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Now that Chikage got a whole chapter, it seems like she would be the next in line to fight Kenichi. And the little secret tryst between Kenichi and Miu is sweet but Kenichi better watch out, because Elder can be everywhere at once.

This chapter also revealed another thing... that we haven't really seen Renka fight anyone in awhile. It'd be nice to see how see "stacked" up against the likes of Rachel or Miu, haha. (but for real)

#aboutSaiga... After the DofD arc, when Shou was defeated and all the Yami members were arguing about their respective martial arts, Saiga told everyone to shut up. And they all did. I would say that is more than enough reason to believe he is the strongest, like Elder for Ryozanpaku.
    I mean he is the offspring of Elder. He must have taught Saiga most of the the 108 techniques. I would then put Mikumo and Jenazad as the other top Yami.
    Last edited by ChikoSuave21; April 01, 2011 at 12:39 AM.
    Yo.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

kkck
    I can agree on Chikage beeing next. It would be logical if they don't find anyone else.
    But I can't agree that all the Yami members are not on the level of Ryozanpaku Masters. God Hand from Yami was said to be the strongest Karate Master and Demon Hand (I can't remember his name) was praised by the Elder for his strength and said to put a difficult fight against Elder. Also I didn't get any impresion of him actually fighting against Sakaki in the helicopter. He was just striken by severalshots, cause it was too little space for Sakaki and that other Yami Master to fight.
    I agree on Kushinada being taken by the Elder, but I do believe that you downgrade Saiga. He isn't One Shadow for nothing. His position is above and he is the one who keeps Nine Fists together. That's why he must be the strongest among them. Even Kushinada should be weaker. He isn't the son of Invinsible Superhuman for nothing.

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Dunno, the elder so far has not randomly taught the 108 techniques, I doubt even saiga would know more than a few of them. I do think it is too much of an assumption that just because he is the son of the elder we should expect a similar level to the elder. He should be around akisame's age and used to be friends with him, I just think we should expect him to be at around the level of the other ryozampaku masters. It's not like the ryozampaku masters have not been at the very least a level above most masters, including yami members, so far. I also have my doubts about how much control saiga has over them. They have no feelings of camaraderie between them to begin with, if they do something it is merely because they choose too. It's not as much as me downgrading saiga, I just don't think there is a plot requirement for him to be as strong as the elder. It'd be like expecting kajima to be the strongest of yomi just because he is the leader or expecting kano was the strongest of them(kano simply had the most potential however he was not necessarily the strongest). Kajima even admitted to have lost to tirawit and even then it was kajima who was made the leader of yomi.

Country
    Isle of Man
    Post Thanks / Like

Lol, this is exactly why I created that matchup thread, so you could discuss the reasoning for potential fights, since this thread was already getting derailed yesterday.

Quote Quote:
    Kajima even admitted to have lost to tirawit and even then it was kajima who was made the leader of yomi.
    You are very misleading here. He lost in the qualities of the heart, not a battle. The heart makes up 1/3 of the components of a martial artist as per Natsu and Kajima.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Ace4's Avatar
    Country
    Switzerland
    Post Thanks / Like

@kkck

It was never said that he never won against him. In fact I recall him beating him in the chess game and saying that his last move was halfhearted. Since the game is a analogy for the martial arts I really suspect that when they sparred Tirawit lost often but was able to beat him occasionaly, while Chikage always lost.

About the chapter: it was nice to see some members of his harem and to calm down everything a little bit. But now it's time for some new imba technique for Kenichi

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I thought the manga said kajima lost to koukin in battle. I could be mistaken about that though. Anyways, my point about yomi and yami's leader being required to be the strongest stands.

New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast