Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by kewl0210 , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)

View Poll Results: Who wins?

Voters
70. You may not vote on this poll
  • Team Chocolate Love

32 45.71%
  • Team Toxic Arrow

38 54.29%
Thread Closed
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Team Chocolate Love vs Team Toxic Arrow

The Giggs MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted igotthegoods's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Team Chocolate Love vs Team Toxic Arrow

Team Chocolate Love vs. Team Toxic Arrow

this keeps the others ones nicely aligned
    Love

Aikawa Love is a Visored and former Captain of the 7th Division. Love is a laid-back and easy-going man, usually reading Shōnen Jump or some of Lisa's erotic manga in his spare time, more often than not, spoiling a piece of the story by quoting lines and explaining what the character meant by it in a dramatic, tough-guy demeanor, almost as if he was an actor rehearsing movie lines.

Love's zanpakutō is named Tengumaru. His shikai transforms it into a large kanabō reminiscent of a black cactus, twice the size of Love. Tengumaru has the ability to project fire from its tip.
    Zommari

Zommari Rureaux, the Seventh (Septima) Espada and the self proclaimed “fastest espada,” moves so fast that he is able to make image clones of himself. His Resurrección, Brujería, gives him an odd appearance in which from the waste down he becomes pumpkin-shaped and develops several eyes all over this body. In this state, he is not only able to defend himself in a spherical ball but can also use Amor in which he can take control over something for each corresponding eye on his body. His deadly combination of speed and control makes him a tricky opponent to face.

vs.

Mayuri

Kurotsuchi Mayuri is the 12th division captain and 2nd president of Shinigami Research and Development Institute. He is an amoral genius with a penchant for poisons and body modifications of his subjects, subordinates, and even himself. His shikai, Ashisogi Jizō, can, after stabbing of the opponent, induce paralysis of the limbs that does not inhibit pain reception. His bankai, Konjiki Ashisogi Jizō, produces a large, autonomous creature that exhales deadly, incurable poison, can extend and retract numerous blades, devour and crush opponents, and self-destruct at Kurotsuchi's command.
    Ishida

Ishida Uryū, a Quincy living in Karakura Town, is generally quiet and solitary, but also cares about being seen as 'cool.' He has a genius intellect as well as a very strong sense of justice, operating on a moral ethic known as the "Pride of the Quincy." Uryū, as a Quincy, primarily absorbs spiritual energy from the atmosphere, and combines it with his own spiritual energy to form weapons. A bow and arrow is his weapon of choice, but he has also shown aptitude with other weapons, such as the sword Seele Schneider. In addition, he is able to use several high-level Quincy techniques such as Hirenkyaku and Ransōtengai.

Cast your vote and discuss (logically) why you voted for who you voted for. Have fun, but keep it clean!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Team Chocolate Love vs Team Toxic Arrow

Ishida is literally one of the few who could reasonably be argued to take Zommari. He's quick got good reactions, and has two valid ways to take on/negate amor, the puppet trick and those platform things he can create. No matter what body part he takes control of it can be restrained and manipulated regardless by his will, and blocking is a simple matter of getting one up in time.

Mayuri however has massive issues with Love, the Caterpillar's freaking going DOWN to that Hammer, blunt force being worthless or not, it's got nothing on that thign. However once the poison's out a feat that pretty much happens the moment releases and more importantly lends it self much more to close range, Love's boned anyway. Probably Toxic Arrow for this one.

3. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Kazu-Sama's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Toxic Arrow. Uryu vs Zommari should be a good fight, but the speed thing is irrelavent since Uryu's arrows home (or are supposed to) and Uryu's body control thing negates Zommari's control thing.
    Maryui's bankai may get smashed by love, but not before the poison kicks into effect. And even if it didn't, Maryui and Uryu I'd rank in the top 5 for intelligence and cool-headedness, so they could potentially find a way past love anyway

Epic Brofist!

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

If they switched from the expected match up, and had Uryu vs Love and Mayuri vs Zommari, I believe it could work out well for Chocolate Love. Love could block all of Uryu's arrows with his cactus, and has far greater speed and power, so could finish the fight in seconds imo. I would imagine Zommari to have similar base Reiatsu to Mayuri, and superior speed, to the extent that he could possibly blitz him before he went Shikai or Bankai. If Mayuri went Bankai quickly it might be a problem, but I wouldn't expect this to happen.

My vote goes to Chocolate Love for the moment.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member SaintSheik's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I could see many things going down in this fight, all going in Love and Zommari's favor. Whether its Love ripping Mayuri's bankai in half the same way he did the gillian or Zommari possessing either member of the opposing team..What I'm really interested in is who the fastest person is among the four. I'm leaning towards Ishida and an unreleased Zommari.

Anyway, Chocolate Love GMV.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Doesn't he manipulate the arrow vectors? Granted I can't quite recall since it's been ages, but the things freaking swerve as per his will from what I can remember. Blocking's not happening.

Tanking's laughably easy though, save the chainsaw arrow, of which he can only shoot one, the arrows he shoots are frankly chump change for captain levels. It's the sheer ungodly number that actually makes him somewhat dangerous.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Random101 View Post
    Doesn't he manipulate the arrow vectors? Granted I can't quite recall since it's been ages, but the things freaking swerve as per his will from what I can remember. Blocking's not happening.

Tanking's laughably easy though, save the chainsaw arrow, of which he can only shoot one, the arrows he shoots are frankly chump change for captain levels. It's the sheer ungodly number that actually makes him somewhat dangerous.
    Have you seen the size of Love's cactus? It can block his entire body - I don't know how many simultaneous arrows Uryu can control while they go in different directions, but in my recollection their movement is somewhat uniform, as in they all swerve in the same direction. And let's not underestimate Love's speed - he is a Vizard Captain after all, he can probably wield his cactus pretty swiftly to counter arrows from any direction. Anyway, my scenario is more that Love will charge Uryu head on, Uryu will panic and fire a huge volley of arrows, Love will absorb them as easily (in fact much more so) as Starrk's ceros, and bring the full force of his cactus down on Uryu's head - I don't expect a more complicated interaction than this

9. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member leshrak's Avatar
    Country
    Brazil
    Post Thanks / Like

Sinse Mayuri's bankai seems to be an living being, couldn't Zommari be able to take controll of it?
    "There are some qualities, some incorporate things,/ That have a double life, which thus is made/ A type os twin entity which springs/ From matter and light, evinced in solid and shade"
    - Edgar Allan Poe, "Silence"

http://pandatoryu.wordpress.com/ Brazilian blog about anime, manga and games

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ShootToKill View Post
    Have you seen the size of Love's cactus? It can block his entire body - I don't know how many simultaneous arrows Uryu can control while they go in different directions, but in my recollection their movement is somewhat uniform, as in they all swerve in the same direction. And let's not underestimate Love's speed - he is a Vizard Captain after all, he can probably wield his cactus pretty swiftly to counter arrows from any direction. Anyway, my scenario is more that Love will charge Uryu head on, Uryu will panic and fire a huge volley of arrows, Love will absorb them as easily (in fact much more so) as Starrk's ceros, and bring the full force of his cactus down on Uryu's head - I don't expect a more complicated interaction than this
    It could block his entire body, from one direction only at any given instant, which naturally lowers his own visibility. That only makes them more likely to hit. He can literally swerve those things around entire pillars and turn them around, that thing's nothing on that.

He'll tank the ones that do get through though, no question. They aren't quite potent enough to do much to captains.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

It could block his entire body, from one direction only at any given instant, which naturally lowers his own visibility. That only makes them more likely to hit. He can literally swerve those things around entire pillars and turn them around, that thing's nothing on that.

He'll tank the ones that do get through though, no question. They aren't quite potent enough to do much to captains.
    What I'm saying is, I don't believe he can fire a wave of arrows straight on, and another wave which curves and doubles back, and another which attacks from the side etc. - I think that he, while being able to control the path of the arrows mid flight, would find it difficult to manipulate multiple waves coming from multiple directions, in which case Love can block each wave as it comes. But I could be wrong - as you say, Love will tank them regardless

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member El Samurai Guapo's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Chocolate Love wins this. Uryuu is cool, but come on, he gets fodderized here by either of his opponents. Mayuri is tricky, but he's on the lower end of the captain totem pole, whereas I'd say Love is near the top. Love will be in his face with Tengumaru and (literally) turn Mayuri into goop before he has a chance to even think about using his bankai or it's poison. Even being hit with the poison though, Love will still win in the short-term. He may die later, but as long as Zommari is still alive that's a win for chocolate love. That's the worst case scenario though.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I hold he has everything in his arsenal to defeat Zommari. The only thing he has to worry about is a head shot, and so long as he doesn't get that first thing, which he didn't do against Byakuya anyway, he's got enough logic to know that would be a bad thing. Best of all he can even overpower the dude by shooting each and every one of those eyes with 1200 arrows at once.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I hold he has everything in his arsenal to defeat Zommari. The only thing he has to worry about is a head shot, and so long as he doesn't get that first thing, which he didn't do against Byakuya anyway, he's got enough logic to know that would be a bad thing. Best of all he can even overpower the dude by shooting each and every one of those eyes with 1200 arrows at once.
    Whether "fastest Sonido" is a boast or not (I personally believe it was), Zommari is still damn fast - fast enough to dodge Uryu's arrows and move in to attack him at close range imo. The strongest opponent Uryu has defeated with his arrows anyhow (excluding Mayuri due to FQF) was a low level Arrancar - I don't believe a few arrows will do much to Zommari, and he'll be able to dodge the majority. The guy can create 5 clones after all, he can make a couple to confuse Uryu and Sonido behind him without a problem.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

His reactions are good and chainsword is chainsword. Zommari's speed is undoubtedly rough, but we're talking a wide out spread of 1200 arrows in a pretty massive cone, and the dude's Hierro is crap. He's taking hits. Not enough to take him down sure, but enough that releasing is going to look like a REALLY good idea to end this before poison screws Love and him over. Assuming Mayuri does the smart thing and releases immediately, which is a pretty good bet.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

Chocolate Love wins this easily.
    Mayuri is the weakest Captain and Ishida is so weak without his Final Quinsy form that he obviously can't take down any Espada, even Yamy in his sealed form when he is number 10. So it's pretty obvious that he can't compete with number 8 who is obviously way faster than the majority of participants of this tournament. I'm pretty sure that Ishida isn't as fast as normal Captain and Byakuya is one of the fastest and even he needed a special Yoruichi's move to overcome Zomari's Gemelos Sonido.

Not even talking about Love. He will rape Mayuri without leaving him any chance to react.

Thread Closed
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast