Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 515 (2)

View Poll Results: Who wins?

Voters
70. You may not vote on this poll
  • Team Chocolate Love

32 45.71%
  • Team Toxic Arrow

38 54.29%
Thread Closed
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Team Chocolate Love vs Team Toxic Arrow

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Broken_Wing's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Team Chocolate Love vs Team Toxic Arrow

Team Toxic Arrow always seem to be underated in all of its matches but manages to pull through with a victory in the end anyway.

2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member AlB's Avatar
    Country
    Georgia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Broken_Wing View Post
    Team Toxic Arrow always seem to be underated in all of its matches but manages to pull through with a victory in the end anyway.
    True, still... I believe that either member of Chocolate Love would win this fight alone.

Ishida is fast, but is he as fast as Zommari who kept on par with Byakuya? Is he as fast as Love who kept up with Stark? + I believe Love's shikai to be able to shrug off Ishida's arrows.
    Mayuri is completely out of his league as a fighter: Zommari will slash him faster than the psycho says "experiment" while Love will simply squash him like a bug.

4. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The only Starrk Love was keeping up with was the unresolved one. Before and after his loss of resolve, Love wasn't landing any hits at all, instead opting to be knocked around into rubble or straight up losing sight of him even with mask.

Granted, it is indeed Starrk we're talking about making it not that bad an issue, but the comparison is off.

Country
    Georgia
    Post Thanks / Like

^pardon? Everybody loses sight of everybody once in a while
    http://www.mangafox.com/manga/bleach/v42/c363/11.html
    So thanks, but comparison stands

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member El Samurai Guapo's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I thought it was only Rose that got knocked into the rubble.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

No, Rose got buried in it. Love had it easier, in that he only back flipped off of it.

Quote Quote:
    ^pardon? Everybody loses sight of everybody once in a while
    Ukitake just fired a massive Cero at him, which Starrk dodged. For Love, Starrk was right in front of him, going for a CQC strike no less and he didn't see him move.

Mind, Starrk's ungodly fast anyway, just keeping up with him would be a huge merit so losing sight of him isn't a strike against you, but Love's speed isn't exactly tested to say the least.

9. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member vizardichigo's Avatar
    Country
    Trinidad and Tobago
    Post Thanks / Like

People seem to forget that Mayuri was also pretty damn fast when he fought Ishida...He isnt a slouch. Also his shikai is deadlier than his bankai IMO...If he nails either love or Zommari with it, there done for. Love is very powerful and Zommari's ability is fearsome but Ishida's wild puppet thingy should negate that. So he's pretty useless in this battle. Heck Mayuri could even stab himself in any area that Zommari took over paralyzing that part of his body similar to what Byakuya did. His bankai's poision is a instant death any way so i cant see Love and Zommari winning this. Love may be stronger that the other 3 guys combined, but in this tag team battle i cant see his power being enough and both Ishida and Mayuri have abilities to negate Zommari's amor, Ishida raining down 1200 arrows a second continuously would be more than enough to do some serious damage because its not a 1 time thing He could release 1200 now, then release 1200 5 minutes later continuously as he has shown no limit to the amount of arrows he is capable of making, its like an immeasurable barrage of arrows coming at you in sequences of 1200, cant see Love or Zommari being able to deal with that... Poison arrow for the win...
    Last edited by vizardichigo; March 31, 2011 at 03:32 PM.
    Thank You Kubo...You have proven once and for all, that Yamamoto Genryuusai is STRONGER THAN AIZEN SOUSUKE despite what the fanboys think

Country
    Georgia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Random101 View Post
    Ukitake just fired a massive Cero at him, which Starrk dodged. For Love, Starrk was right in front of him, going for a CQC strike no less and he didn't see him move.
    Right after hitting him with his massive flame-attack.
    That is why I posted that link, the situations were similar.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

His mallet's on fire, that's not a fire attack. A concussive force attack sure, but nothing's fired in front of him bar force. He can see perfectly fine.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

Of course Mayuri isn't Captain for nothing, but he is fighting against two opponents who are both individually stronger than him. His only chance to stop them is using Bankai from the start. Also I do believe that either Love or Zomari will win against him pretty eaily. Love only needs to put on his Mask and use Shikai and both opponents will be down. Zomari can actually make the same without using his Resureccion.
    Ishida is fodder in this match. He won't keep up in speed with either of his opponents in this fight. And obviously his attacking power isn't enough to infict any damage to either of these chocolate guys.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Takahashi's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Ehh, too tough to tell right now. Mayuri's poison is basically the most dangerous ability in the team matches now that Barragan's been booted. I'm not sure whether or not Love or Zommari would blitz him right off the bat either, if they do, Chocolate Love wins, if not, Mayuri wins, I mean, Team Toxic Arrow :P

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Tonix's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by vizardichigo View Post
    Heck Mayuri could even stab himself in any area that Zommari took over paralyzing that part of his body similar to what Byakuya did.
    I'm pretty sure that when Mayuri stabs himself, he turns into goo Plus the poison effects the entire body, not just the wounded area.

Country
    Georgia
    Post Thanks / Like

And no, in case of poison only Mayuri will win also, I do not think that he will even have enough time to either go Bankai (if he is attacked by Zommari) or if he does, it will be obliterated in a moment's notice (if he is attacked by Love). Mayuri Is dangerous, but here... he is outclassed as a fighter: both in strength and speed.
    Last edited by Tsukisama; April 01, 2011 at 11:55 PM. Reason: No discussing bans

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Mayuri carries antidotes on him, so if Ishida gets hit he's not particularly screwed. Granted dude's a dick though so he might take a while to give it to him, however he did do so after the fight with #8.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Takahashi's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    And no, in case of poison only Mayuri will win also, I do not think that he will even have enough time to either go Bankai (if he is attacked by Zommari) or if he does, it will be obliterated in a moment's notice (if he is attacked by Love). Mayuri Is dangerous, but here... he is outclassed as a fighter: both in strength and speed.
    Mayuri is most certainly not so fragile that he'll be one shotted in a straight up fight. He's not the best close up fighter, but he's still a captain, a modified one at that, and even if he doesn't excel in that area, he's not VC level either.

I also think his Shikai could be viable against Love, considering he has no Hierro and could be cut just as easily as anyone else. In terms of speed, I don't really buy that Ishida can keep up with any of the guys here. I'd imagine that his only use would be buying time for Mayuri, and if he pulls out that attack that he did against Ulq, I'd figure it'd do okay.

If Zommari and Love go all out from the beginning, they'll win. Problem is, I don't really think either of them take enough of an initiative to stop Mayuri before he goes Bankai. Zommari's pretty respectful, he'll probably introduce himself first.

It all comes down to poison though. I'm gonna throw my support to Mayuri on this one, but by a marginal degree. The great thing about his Bankai is that even IF you destroy it, the poison comes out anyway, it's an unavoidable loss to his opponents if Mayuri uses it quickly enough.
    Last edited by Tsukisama; April 01, 2011 at 11:55 PM. Reason: No discussing bans

Thread Closed
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast