Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 592 by BadKarma , Gintama 506 (2)

View Poll Results: Who wins?

Voters
118. You may not vote on this poll
  • Aizen

90 76.27%
  • Shinji

28 23.73%
Thread Closed
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Aizen Sōsuke vs Hirako Shinji

The Giggs MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted igotthegoods's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Aizen Sōsuke vs Hirako Shinji

Aizen vs. Shinji

this keeps the others ones nicely aligned
    Aizen

Aizen Sōsuke, an evil-supergenius megalomaniac and former 5th division captain, is a master of machinations and manipulation. His virtual mastery of all facets of shinigami combat fuels his superiority complex and set him on a quest to become the most supreme being in existence. His zanpakutō, Kyouka Suigetsu, allows him in shikai to manipulate the five senses of any person that has ever seen his initial release. The only method to avoid being trapped in Aizen's illusions is to touch Kyōka Suigetsu's blade before complete hypnosis is activated.
    Shinji

Hirako Shinji is a recruiter and the de facto leader of the Visored, and was previously the captain of the 5th Division in the Gotei 13. Shinji is somewhat comical, adding a bit of levity to situations that are otherwise serious. Shinji's zanpakutō is named Sakanade. The blade releases a scent that inverts and reverses the enemy's visual perception. Shinji claims that it is impossible to comprehend the attack directions, as the more experienced one is, the more one relies on instinct to fight, causing one to inevitably fall prey to Sakanade.

Cast your vote and discuss (logically) why you voted for who you voted for. Have fun, but keep it clean!

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Aizen Sōsuke vs Hirako Shinji

Hint: we've already seen this battle in the manga

Aizen has this one in the bag:

Speed: Aizen
    Reiatsu: Aizen
    Kido: Aizen
    Swordsmanship: Aizen
    Abilities: Aizen
    Intellect: Aizen
    Strength: Aizen

Also, Aizen DID NOT lolKS-troll Shinji in the manga; the cut inflicted on Aizen's arm can be seen later on throughout the chapter. We did not see it 10 chapters later because the author simply neglected it.
    Last edited by LucyBenard; April 02, 2011 at 12:12 AM.

3. Thanks 5 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Unfortunately there isn't much to say here - Shinji is overpowered and outhaxed, and I would guess his release isn't any quicker than Aizen's, so he doesn't have what is necessary to gain the upper hand here.

Looking forward to Shinji vs Shunsui (or Yama - ha) though, should incite some good arguments

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member El Samurai Guapo's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I think that one would come down to who uses their shikai on who first. While Aizen has the advantage of having a clearly superior hypnosis ability, Shinji's is easier for him to use on his opponents, and once Aizen is in the inverted world he may have a hard time getting Shinji to watch his release. Moreover, Shinji does not trust Aizen so he'll be naturally suspicious of Aizen telling him to look at his zanpakutou.

I voted for Kisuke over Aizen, and I consider Shinji around Kisuke's level (maybe lil' bit higher) so Shinji for me. Definitely more on this later.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by El Samurai Guapo View Post
    I think that one would come down to who uses their shikai on who first. While Aizen has the advantage of having a clearly superior hypnosis ability, Shinji's is easier for him to use on his opponents, and once Aizen is in the inverted world he may have a hard time getting Shinji to watch his release. Moreover, Shinji does not trust Aizen so he'll be naturally suspicious of Aizen telling him to look at his zanpakutou.

I voted for Kisuke over Aizen, and I consider Shinji around Kisuke's level (maybe lil' bit higher) so Shinji for me. Definitely more on this later.
    Assuming that Shinji is the first to release his shikai, Aizen already had labeled it as nothing more than "Child's Play" in the manga, as he was able to deduce its effects and counter them with ease without even relying on KS.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Aizen, zero question. Lack of knowledge does work for both sides here, but Aizen's takes less time and is overall superior in every department. He actually managed to counter the thing too, though that was a crock of stupid let me tell you.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Deepak5191's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by El Samurai Guapo View Post
    Moreover, Shinji does not trust Aizen so he'll be naturally suspicious of Aizen telling him to look at his zanpakutou.
    Not exactly sure what the rules are for the opponents knowing each others abilities straight of the bat in this tournament, but I'm going to assume that don't know the others abilities and would have to figure out during battle.

If I was fighting someone without previous knowledge about their abilities, I'd actually focus extra hard on their zanpaktou, trying to figure it out as soon as possible. Averting your eyes to what would normally be a physical attack or at least one you can see seems like a bad battle tactic.
    As such I don't see Aizen having too much trouble setting up the release against Shinji.

Once it comes down to it, both combatants have their shikai's on, but Aizen's is just far more hax comparatively.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Sumoka Kimono's Avatar
    Country
    Japan
    Post Thanks / Like

No call Aizen stupid! He very smart, very smart! He do things no one does! very smart, controlled everything and does now also! I voted Aizen! AIZEN RULE ALL!

10. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Katz's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Poor shinji....he already had to push his way past Ichigo....but now he gets 1 of the two superpowers in this tournament (other ofc being yama).....Aizen wins, unless shinji can somehow get his shikai off before Aizen uses KS

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sumoka Kimono View Post
    No call Aizen stupid! He very smart, very smart! He do things no one does! very smart, controlled everything and does now also! I voted Aizen! AIZEN RULE ALL!
    Yup

Sealed Aizen vs. Shikai Shinji was already demonstrated in the manga. Aizen already demonstrated that he possesses the intelligence to deduce Shinji's ability and the skills to counter it with ease.

I see Aizen winning this one without even releasing.

13. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member El Samurai Guapo's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LucyBenard View Post
    Assuming that Shinji is the first to release his shikai, Aizen already had labeled it as nothing more than "Child's Play" in the manga, as he was able to deduce its effects and counter them with ease without even relying on KS.
    No he didn't. That wound literally disappeared. And not 10 chapters later like you said, the very next time we see Aizen's shoulder, in the very next chapter or two it's gone. You can argue it was an art fail, but I'll just say it wasn't. Moreover, even if he did land that hit, who's the say Aizen didn't use KS before Shinji rushed him the second time? Obviously it's impossible to tell, just like when he cut down Shinji and the three others later on. With Aizen you never know, which is why to say Sakanade can definitely be countered when the possibility that KS was used is very goddamn real is dumb.

Even moreover, their fight never finished; let's say Aizen did magically become adjusted to fighting with everything backwards in 10 goddamn seconds and was still quicker than Shinji. Hello, mask? Hello, the fact that he can start switching up which directions he has reversed? So the next time Aizen comes in expecting everything backwards it turns out only left/right is and he gets cut. etc. etc.

Yeah, Aizen's not beating Shinji sealed that's for damn sure. Shikai is a bloody given; he beats everyone with his shikai.
    Last edited by El Samurai Guapo; April 02, 2011 at 02:11 AM.

15. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by LucyBenard View Post
    Yup

Sealed Aizen vs. Shikai Shinji was already demonstrated in the manga. Aizen already demonstrated that he possesses the intelligence to deduce Shinji's ability and the skills to counter it with ease.

I see Aizen winning this one without even releasing.
    Just because he deduced the ability (which Shinji told him the majority of), doesn't mean he can take Shinji down easily. Granted, Shinji was surprised when Aizen figured it out - he underestimated Aizen and was caught off guard. Still though, I believe that if he Shunpo'd around Aizen attacking him from various angles, Aizen would screw up eventually - having to process all of the information required to invert his movements every time would be too much even for Aizen. Also, while I believe Aizen is above Shinji in base, I don't believe it's by much.

So I think Shinji could probably take Aizen sealed, but doesn't stand a chance vs KS.

17. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Sumoka Kimono's Avatar
    Country
    Japan
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ShootToKill View Post
    Just because he deduced the ability (which Shinji told him the majority of), doesn't mean he can take Shinji down easily. Granted, Shinji was surprised when Aizen figured it out - he underestimated Aizen and was caught off guard. Still though, I believe that if he Shunpo'd around Aizen attacking him from various angles, Aizen would screw up eventually - having to process all of the information required to invert his movements every time would be too much even for Aizen. Also, while I believe Aizen is above Shinji in base, I don't believe it's by much.

So I think Shinji could probably take Aizen sealed, but doesn't stand a chance vs KS.
    No you silly nut! Aizen no caught off guard, he know what happen, he let Shinji do. Then he go bam and kill Shinji when he no expect! Aizen no never screw up or down, he too good. He know everything.

Read manga, no make up facts.

19. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member emanresu's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sumoka Kimono View Post
    No you silly nut! Aizen no caught off guard, he know what happen, he let Shinji do. Then he go bam and kill Shinji when he no expect! Aizen no never screw up or down, he too good. He know everything.

Read manga, no make up facts.
    woah... someone from Japan backing up for Aizen sama. Welcome to MH.

21. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Lol, Aizen wins this one. I thought Base Aizen already beat Shikai Shinji?

Especially if they're IC; then Shinji's in for a world of hurt.

23. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
Thread Closed
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast