Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo

View Poll Results: Who wins?

Voters
168. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yamamoto

101 60.12%
  • Aizen

67 39.88%
Thread Closed
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Yamamoto Genryūsai Shigekuni vs Aizen Sōsuke

The Giggs MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted igotthegoods's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Yamamoto Genryūsai Shigekuni vs Aizen Sōsuke

Yamamoto vs. Aizen

this keeps the others ones nicely aligned
    Yamamoto

Yamamoto Genryūsai Shigekuni is the captain of the 1st division and also the Captain-Commander of the whole Gotei 13. The oldest captain, Yamamoto is a loyal and serious man who is well-respected almost universally among shinigami. He follows the laws of Soul Society to the letter and does not tolerate insubordination. As the founder of the Shinō Academy along with over two millennia of combat experience, Yamamoto is revered as the most powerful combatant in Soul Society. His zanpakutō, Ryūjin Jakka, is the oldest and the most powerful fire-type zanpakutō. When released in shikai, Ryūjin Jakka's blade is engulfed into fire. The aura of this weapon can disintegrate everything and anything that Yamamoto waves the sword at, being capable of incinerating an area even greater than that of Karakura Town. He is also able to use the powerful special shikai abilities Jōkaku Enjō and Ennetsu Jigoku.
    Aizen

Aizen Sōsuke, an evil-supergenius megalomaniac and former 5th division captain, is a master of machinations and manipulation. His virtual mastery of all facets of shinigami combat fuels his superiority complex and set him on a quest to become the most supreme being in existence. His zanpakutō, Kyouka Suigetsu, allows him in shikai to manipulate the five senses of any person that has ever seen his initial release. The only method to avoid being trapped in Aizen's illusions is to touch Kyōka Suigetsu's blade before complete hypnosis is activated.

Cast your vote and discuss (logically) why you voted for who you voted for. Have fun, but keep it clean!
    Last edited by Tsukisama; April 07, 2011 at 12:00 AM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Yamamoto Genryūsai Shigekuni vs Aizen Sōsuke

Yamamoto takes it with Massive AoE with shikai alone. Aizen definitely has a chance with Illusions, but ultimately without Wonderwiess the dude is rather screwed even when he does get him under KS.

3. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

This one is kind of tricky. It is true that Yamamoto was able catch Aizen in SS due to the latter having WW as backup, which leads me to believe that an in-character Aizen (without WW) would be extremely careful otherwise when going up against an opponent such as Yamamoto.

Aizen simply needs to put Yamamoto under hypnosis, and he'll have a pretty decent shot at winning this one.

Since Yamamoto is limited to Shikai, Aizen should have no problem standing up and facing the flames of Ryūjin Jakka. Moreover, Yamamoto will also not have the time to set up dangerous techniques such as Ennetsu Jigoku (Flames of Hell).

It all comes down to whether Yamamoto falls under Aizen's illusions or not.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I have to lean towards yamamoto here. I do believe the two of them are roughly even but even then the manga points towards yamamoto a bit. I don't think the situation is like what some people think and yamamoto's mere release (let alone a technique) would obliterate aizen. Aizen still has his smarts (more so than yamamoto), his insane speed (there is a chance aizen is actually faster than yama IMO) and his sheer skill in every other shinigami art. Yamamoto might have a the edge in terms of firepower but I really do doubt yamamoto has more skill or technique than aizen except perhaps hand to hand combat but that would not be a factor here).

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

Yama is ultimate Shinigami. So in every field of Shinigami Art he is the best. He is the fastest, physically strongest, has the biggest reiatsu and has the strongest Zan. Also he has so wast experience...
    Even though this fight won't be easy for Yama, but still he wins this with his Shikai.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Buzz Killington's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Yamamoto destroys Aizen..

Aizen admitted as much would happen, hence he created WW. WW isn't here. Good luck Aizen

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Smit's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

http://www.mangareader.net/94-47594-...apter-393.html

First panel says it all. Yama wins.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

In my opinion, Aizen's genius leans more towards the preparation side of things. He is a manipulator. He has every angle worked out long before the fight even happens.

As opposed to ... Say Urahara who is brilliant because he is able to watch and react intelligently to what is happening.

My point being, as Aizen in this case has no prior knowledge of Yama and is unable to prepare for the fight, he will be at a disadvantage as possibly his greatest strength will be negated.

As for raw attributes, I do not think there is horrible much difference between Aizen and Yama in their respectve shikai states. But I would definetly lean towards Yama. He is the peak of Shinigami power.

The only thing that would lend this fight in, possibly, Aizen's favor is his hax ability. But you have to remember that Yama is a very no-nonsense fighter and is unlikely to wait and stare at Aizen's sword.

Even if he is put under Hypnosis, I can definetly see him taking it until he works things out. Yama may not be hailed as a genius of Urahara's level but as the most senior warrior shinigami he likely has 'battle-smarts'. I can imagine him tanking a hit that has him impaled with Aizen's sword and realising that while he is touching the sword he is able to hit Aizen. (Think of Kenpachi vrs Tousen)

In other words, Aizen's edge in the fight relied on him disregarding everything for a strategy that could take Yama on. 'The mightiest warrior can be slain by a single unlucky arrow' philosophy. Which is to say, I'll give this one to Yama.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member emanresu's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Aizen should win this with ease as long as he doesnt opt to stab Yama lol.

The Original 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member thornofcarrion's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

One vs. One, even with KS, I don't think Aizen can win. Yama already showed what he can do even effected by KS.

~ Forum Fixer ~ 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Miyagi's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree with other people, I think Yamamoto wins. Aizen is no slouch but Yamamoto is ultimately better.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Aizen has used KS extremely sparingly in his fights, even if we include the times when he "might" have used it. What is he truly capable of with KS? Can he cause Yama such incredible pain that he is forced to drop his sword? Can he remove all Yama's senses as in Tousen's Bankai? Can he cause Yama to believe he has killed him and therefore let his guard down? If any of these are possible with KS, then I think that Aizen wins this. I believe it is implied that Yama's strongest techniques need some preparation, so if Aizen acts quickly and uses KS creatively, he should win this.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Buzz Killington's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Aizen's abilities aren't that great. KS is about perception, it doesn't literally have control over all your senses. Its more object based, in other words

He can create something that fools all of your senses in the way he wants it to. For example, like he says here. He can make you see something and perceive it on different levels how he wants you to, which is how he's been shown using it everytime.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Takahashi's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Aizen.

Yamamoto risked getting stabbed just to have one sure fire shot to kill Aizen. He knows how dangerous KS is really is, there's a reason he was going to suicide. But when you throw them in a situation where Yama doesn't have months to figure out a workaround, and flat out doesn't even know what KS does unless Aizen monologues about it, he can't win.

KS beats everything. There's a reason Kubo made Aizen a cocky dumbass that believed in the Hogokyu's power more than his sword. Because if he had used KS on Dangai Ichigo, the manga would be over.

16. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

Takahashi
    So why Aizen made Wondy and said that Yama is stronger than him even with Kyoka Suigetsu?

18. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
Thread Closed
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast