Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 504 by Bomber D Rufi , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)
New Reply
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Signature & Avatar Guidelines

Post Hijacker 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Fuzzy's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Signature & Avatar Guidelines

Mangahelpers is now putting into effect a signature size rule.

For Signatures
    • Max overall image size is 600x200
      (600x200 is the size for a single image or for all combined images in your signature)
    • Max overall signature height is 220px for all elements together.
      All elements refer to text, smilies, and pictures etc.
    • 500 characters maximum for use in signature.
    • 5 images maximum in signature.
    • 5 smilies maximum in signature.
    • 500KB filesize max
    • No images that are too sexually suggestive, or graphic in nature
    • Nothing obscene or anything that can be considered as insulting/bashing to other members.
    • No spoiler pictures for at least 24 hours after the new chapter is released.
    • No money-making links allowed in sigs or avatars.
    • Spoiler Tags - Only 1 spoilertag is allowed in your signature, and only text is allowed in the spoilertags.

(Max Width: 600px | Max Height: 200px)

For Avatars
    • Max size is 180x180
    • Max file size is 75KB
    • No images that are too sexually suggestive, or graphic in nature
    • Nothing obscene or anything that can be considered as insulting/bashing to other members.
    • No spoiler pictures for at least 1 day after the new chapter is released.

What will happen if you break the Rule?
    • You will receive a PM from one of the moderators asking you to please modify your signature according to the rules, we'll give you three days to change it. If you don't, by the end of that three-day period, we will remove your signature.
    • The exception to the above rule is spoiler pictures, unreasonably large signatures, obscene images and/or comments. If any of those are present, we will remove your avatar/signature first and send you a notice as to why it was deleted.
    Last edited by Kaiten; March 28, 2014 at 08:43 AM.
    this is my signature....

"If God exists and created mankind then he must be a sadist."

2. Thanks 27 Member(s) thanked this post
    MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Signature Sizes

Just a note here:

Here's how we'll be enforcing the rule here. If you get a PM from one of the moderators asking you to please modify your signature according to the rules set by this thread, we'll give you three days to change it. If you don't, by the end of that three-day period, we will wipe out your signature ourselves.

4. Thanks 4 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Last Boss ♪~( ̄。 ̄) 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity njt's Avatar
    Country
    Japan
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gold Knight
    we will wipe out your signature ourselves.
    In a kind and gentle manner .....
    Serizawa: But it's really heartwarming to see such good guys - perhaps not as good as we wanted, translation-wise, but their hearts are already grade A
    If you see a mistake in my translations, let me know! Thanks Click a frog to see my Resume!!

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

.... i wanna be an ass about it

fine ill just replace their sigs with the blue image in the first post >.>
    this is my signature....

7. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

wait your telling me that my sig image is just to wide....that's kind of bull because my sig is 400 by 320 yeah I can understand that it's almost double the limit of height but beside that I don't have like all "the Kakashi Fan Club" thing icon and 3 links or Quotes just my simple image and one line of text under it but really which is just like having all that but since it is this or problay get booted I'll size it down

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Never said anything about your signature being to wide, it was never to wide, it was the height rule that it broke (170px), i guess you got the numbers confused in my PM, even tho you replaced your signature it still breaks the height rule, please fix it.
    this is my signature....

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member RaZe's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

ehh. suggestion: have a tracking thread in your team section where the moderator puts the name and link to the offending user's profile and Sig. That way your administrators and global moderators dont have to be barraged by pm's all the time, when the three day limit passes with no change.

I personally found it easier then having my mods report minor things like sigs via email/pm or irc.

guess ill have to drop one of my two images though *heads to user cp*

Banned 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Post Thanks / Like

just replace the image with the red x image windows gives for missing image then ppl will think their signature is borked and have to change it

also FYI, there is a signature limit addon for vB which i have found very useful for my forum, assuming this is a vB forum, which i think it is. When ppl attempt to change their signature, they have to change it according to the rules and permissions you set, which can be group based also. This way when a moderator is forced to remove someone signature, or someone is told to change their sig, any future signatures can't break the rules.

It doesn't restrict existing signatures in the database, but it'll make less work for moderators in the long run.

This can be found at vbulletin.org though if your admin has trouble finding it, just PM me and i'll sort you out

Last Boss ♪~( ̄。 ̄) 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity njt's Avatar
    Country
    Japan
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nagash
    just replace the image with the red x image windows gives for missing image then ppl will think their signature is borked and have to change it

also FYI, there is a signature limit addon for vB which i have found very useful for my forum, assuming this is a vB forum, which i think it is. When ppl attempt to change their signature, they have to change it according to the rules and permissions you set, which can be group based also. This way when a moderator is forced to remove someone signature, or someone is told to change their sig, any future signatures can't break the rules.

It doesn't restrict existing signatures in the database, but it'll make less work for moderators in the long run.

This can be found at vbulletin.org though if your admin has trouble finding it, just PM me and i'll sort you out
    haha sadly...(?) this is a smf forum . I prefer it a lot more over VB because of how well the search engine works. (amongst other things )

Thanks for the suggestion though
    Serizawa: But it's really heartwarming to see such good guys - perhaps not as good as we wanted, translation-wise, but their hearts are already grade A
    If you see a mistake in my translations, let me know! Thanks Click a frog to see my Resume!!

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Philippine
    Post Thanks / Like

can you please make it 550x200? my sig falls in to that place.

the good thing is my sig size is only 75KB! so it is not a problem even for dial up users.

I'm just asking btw. Its ok if u don't want. I'll just change it.
    [img width=425 height=170]http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b324/chidomaru/rbsig.gif[/img]

Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Ah, crap. My sig is too wide by 300~ pix. Oh well ~

Scanlator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member manu's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

My old sig met your new regulations but I lol'd when i saw the pic you were thinking of punishing people with so I'm keeping it for now.

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks to everybody who's willingly changing their sigs. We do appreciate it.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Signature Guidelines

Is this good? I made all my images myself so it might not work[again]. Hey first post!

Ah @#$% it. If you wanna see my sig. then just click on it alright!!?? Ill work on it in a few days when im less stressed out from working on this @#$%ing image for 2 hours straight. GRRRRRRRRR..... I just cant get it to resize correctly for some reason. HMPHHH.
    &quot;Those who insult my threads obtain a view into hell and a verbal reaming unlike any before in all known existence.&quot; <br /> - Nothing<br />&quot;Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.&quot;<br /> - Confucius<br />&quot;My life is my message&quot;<br /> - Mahatma Gandhi<br />&quot;When you were born, you cried and the world rejoiced. Live your life so that when you die, the world cries and you rejoice.&quot;<br /> - Indian saying<br />&quot;Man who waits for roast duck to fly into mouth must wait very, very long time.&quot;<br /> - Chinese proverb<br />&quot;Life is a whim of several billion cells to be you for a while.&quot;<br /> - Groucho Marx<br />&quot;The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you&#039;ve got it made.&quot;<br /> - Groucho Marx

MH's Socialworker 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member eni's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Signature Guidelines

Quote Originally Posted by Nothing
    I just cant get it to resize correctly for some reason. HMPHHH.
    Why don't you just cut out the NOTHING to use as a sig? That should give you a size within the rules.

♥ Sorry, I'm Late. But I Got Lost On The Road Of Life. ♥

New Reply
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast