Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/25/14 - 8/31/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 757 by cnet128 , Bleach 593 by cnet128 , Gintama 507 by kewl0210
New Reply
Page 10 of 79 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 60 ... LastLast

Thread: History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi by Matsuena Syun

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Shader's Avatar
    Country
    Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: HSD Kenichi 464 Discussion / 465 Predictions

Sooo, on this week we will get HSDK chapter+spinoff chapter or only HSDK chapter...or only spinoff chapter?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member TemplateR's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: HSD Kenichi 464 Discussion / 465 Predictions

Quote Originally Posted by Shader View Post
    Sooo, on this week we will get HSDK chapter+spinoff chapter or only HSDK chapter...or only spinoff chapter?
    This week a Spin-off chapter, but with a new hsdk-chapter.

3. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member OcasoEterno04's Avatar
    Country
    Costa Rica
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi Hangout

And where is the spinoff?

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United Arab Emirates
    Post Thanks / Like

this is from aegon rokudo translation

Text below the title: Sunday Super’s April issue is on sales now with the “hybrid” gaiden that depicts the encounter between sparna (shou) and hermit (tanimoto). Plus miu’s “can’t I get in the way?” clear file is also included!!\\

side text: the monster has been crushed… but even more shocks await them!! Next issue, there will be a pause in order to write the gaiden that will be on Sunday-super’s 5th issue\\
    bottom: to be continued the 14th March(we get the raw 5 days prior to the publication so the chapter(and my translation) will be probably out Friday 9th of March)\\

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BASED Shinigami's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The state of Kenichi's current strength is he still in the disciple class level or has he ascended into the lower levels of the expert class? what do you guys think?
    My comic suggestions: Ecchi, Martial Arts, Historical, Harem, Adventure!

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

I think it's obvious that he is already in an expert class. And I believe that at some point his masters made a remark about it, but not that directly, but still.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

When this arc is finally over, and we get back to Kenichi development, i wonder which disciple he'll fight next??? I'm interested to see if Matsuena will finally make him fight a girl disciple of Yomi seeing as he's more susceptible to fighting girls at full strength now as a result of losing to Miu and breaking his fire&brimstone policy of not hitting females during that fight. I doubt Kenichi wants to take another L in his next fight even if it is against an girl.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner g0i5y's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Did he break his principle of hitting women? I can't remember whether he hit Miu.
    If it is the case then I doubt it will result in him fully disregarding that principle as it is very emphasised and it is the basis for characters like Kisara's respect for him.
    A cheezy smile lights up everyone's day!

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by g0i5y View Post
    Did he break his principle of hitting women? I can't remember whether he hit Miu.
    If it is the case then I doubt it will result in him fully disregarding that principle as it is very emphasised and it is the basis for characters like Kisara's respect for him.
    Don't you remember when he broke her mask with his punch that would be technically hitting her.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Deadbear's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jorge D. Dragon View Post
    I think it's obvious that he is already in an expert class. And I believe that at some point his masters made a remark about it, but not that directly, but still.
    See the Tsutomu Tanaka sparring match. Koetsuji basically says that Kenichi has begun to enter the expert class. But just barely. Koetsuji says something like: "In your case it just makes you something like a better disciple." So he's no longer in the disciple class but not nearly skilled or experienced enough to go out on his own like Tanaka.
    Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder's eye on the Last Day. --Robert Jordan, The Wheel of Time
    I dare you to find a more badass quote.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Deadbear View Post
    See the Tsutomu Tanaka sparring match. Koetsuji basically says that Kenichi has begun to enter the expert class. But just barely. Koetsuji says something like: "In your case it just makes you something like a better disciple." So he's no longer in the disciple class but not nearly skilled or experienced enough to go out on his own like Tanaka.
    How does that mean hes leaving the disciple class? lol it just means hes improving hes still a disciple and will be till hes an expert thats how it works muchacho

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: HSDK 470 Discussion/ 471 Predictions

KKCK
    Wow and everyone says i have a Miu problem by the sounds of it you have a ken problem dude lol. Ok for starters i find it incredibly unlikely that miu is strong enough to basically get an instant kill on ken considering that would mean she can basically defeat every yomi member in under 10 seconds which is retarded and if that were the case and matsuena came out and said that i would literally stop reading this manga. I used to agree with your theory about ken being helpless against mius strength but lets tke a look at this from another perspective. The dude beat shou kano who i can gaurentee you was stronger than miu as we saw in earlier chapters before you act like everyone else and say oh yeah but thts because he unlocked super strength to win exactly but the fact that he did that proves he can do it. The second he used ryusei seikuken on miu he matched her moves perfectly and was already at the peak of the 2 stage it was only because of him seeing mius "blank heart" that he stopped basically matsuena is trolling us mega imo and wanted ken to seem inferior compared to her as it was supposed to be like a 'desperation' fight of the hero trying to bring back the heroine think about all other series when the heroine or whatever character on the good guy team gets brain washed the MC Always gets his ss kicked cause his heart isnt in the fight hes not trying to defeat the opponent hes trying to save them that is the case with this manga, choose to agree with me or not i dont really care but yeah.

Blackreaper
    Completely agree with you on Miu Although instead of renka i think the flower girl (cant remember her name) would be a good development character shes the onyl one that really loved ken from the start, miu only strted to like him after she discovered his newly found beliefs and courage i mean those are good reasons to fall for someone i guess but imo flower girl deserves it more than anyone like hina off naruto.

All in all mius strong but shes not invincible thats what iv taken from all the evidence we've seen but obviously ken will never fight her so we'll never know whos truly stronger lol.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

So kenichi admitting he was about to get killed in 3 or 4 attacks before resorting boob fuu means nothing lol? And where did this kano being stronger than miu thing came from? As we saw during the time miu went apeshit and got in on the inner darkness thing they seemed pretty much equal at least. And whats wrong with miu being stronger than the yomi kenichi has defeated so far?

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

@kkck well Miu admitted she couldn't defeat Sho sometime after she went ape shit and Kenichi saved her. I'll post you a link of the chapter later because right now I'm using my phone.

---------- Post added at 09:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:14 AM ----------

Here we are this is where Miu states she can't beat him even at full power http://www.mangareader.net/337-23729...apter-223.html

This is where I get pissed off because Kenichi was able to defeat an opponent a lot stronger than her; she even admitted it herself that she couldn't beat him, but soon as the arc ends Kenichi's right back to square 1 and still a fews steps behind her it makes no sense any way you think about it...Matsuena was SERIOUSLY TROLLING if there was a set point in time where Kenichi was supposed to surpass Miu it would of been the moment he defeated Kano, but everyone knows how the story goes afterward. This is also a big reason why I don't believe Kenichi will surpass Miu in part of Matsuena's indecisive mind & inconsistencies.
    Last edited by BASED Shinigami; April 17, 2012 at 08:43 AM.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, matsusena did not just make kenichi go a few steps back lol. Not long after kenichi won against kano sho we actually see the guy during a sparring match and miu being happy that she actually has to finally try during sparring matches. Plotwise it does not make sense for kenichi to surpass miu though, that should be more of an end of manga thing IMO (along with kenichi breaking out of the disciple class for good). Kenichi's goal is to become stronger than miu so as to protect her. kenichi has been able to protect her to some limited extent however it is only because the plot made her unable (or sometimes of the sake of trolling apparently unwilling) to fight for herself at the moment. To be fair though, there is no guarantee ryusui seikuken would have allowed kenichi to fight on the level. Miu has her own little alternative to that and we have no idea if she was actually using that.

New Reply
Page 10 of 79 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 60 ... LastLast