Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 14 of 78 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 64 ... LastLast

Thread: History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi by Matsuena Syun

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi Hangout

I believe Ma Kensei is the strongest master minus the elder though. Simply because, look at all his fights. You can see that whenever he becomes serious, he wins. But its also unfair, since he is the oldest. So the other can possibly suprass him later. Also, he has learned ALL the chinese kenpo, that has to mean something.. .

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, all ryozampaku masters win when they get serious.

To be honestly I have recently been thinking akisame is the strongest of the masters. For one thing he has the weirdest body. Considering the pink muscle stuff he probably has the greatest stamina and strength among them (safe for the elder). We also have a few other things to consider. For one thing, sakaki has admitted that he is the only one he wouldn't want to fight (no mention to ma here) and we actually have seen a few panels with flashbacks which show akisame beating sakaki. Akisame is basically perfect, he is intelligent to the point where it plainly does not make sense anymore (apparently being smart is enough to learn how to hack computers in 3 seconds) and everything about his style was made up by him. I don't think that what we have seen with ma is enough to suggest he is stronger than either akisame or sakaki at least. I would definitely put him above apachai or shigure though.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BASED Shinigami's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, Sakaki only said that because Kenichi asked if Akisame was stronger than him. What if Kenichi mentioned another master? Sakaki probably would of said the same thing about Ma, Shigure, or Apachai. Also, those panels were merely showing Akisame testing out a technique on Sakaki he was curious about ; you know the masters cant fight each other or spar seriously it's strictly prohibited at Ryonzanpaku. Still, it's hard to make a case that Akisame is not the strongest master at Ryonzanpaku after the Elder. It's been implied all the masters at Ryonzanpaku are generally on the same level of strength with minuscule differences between them. Akisame may be strongest, but the rest of the competition is very close behind him.
    Last edited by BASED Shinigami; August 27, 2012 at 02:12 PM.
    My comic suggestions: Ecchi, Martial Arts, Historical, Harem, Adventure!

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Drakno's Avatar
    Country
    Greece
    Post Thanks / Like

Ah the pink muscle argument again, been a while since I last heard it. Nowhere in hsdk has been said that pink muscle is stronger or has more stamina than it's counterparts, it's a combination of the two, the fact that it has the properties of both types doesn't mean that it's as good at each property as the specialized muscle of each kind, it could simply be ~ 70-80% of each type. Further more that is only advantagious to jiujutsu users like Akisame since his art requires both strength and stamina; karate's philosophy is OHKO so the maximum amount of strength is more important, kempo is based on a multitude of weaker blows so strength is irrelevant but stamina is gold, Shigure is using equipment so the amount of strength required is also far less to inflict a significant wound.
    many thanx to Danchou for always finding time to make me some avy and sigs
    28/11/10 A dark day for all of us... R.I.P. Leslie

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

There is no indication that pink muscle has less strength or stamina than either of the other types though, as far as the manga has told us about this fictional muscle it is just as strong. It is true that the muscle in itself is not stronger or has better stamina than the other however the fact that it combines the two is a huge advantage regardless of which martial art is used. Even if karate might have a OHKO philosophy (I don't think the manga has said that though) it would still benefit from the muscle significantly. Akisame has the possibility of having perfect strength and perfect stamina in a battle with that particular type of muscle. So as far as he is fighting a normal opponent he has the advantage. If the opponent has the normal muscle distribution then if he has physical strength to match akisame he will have a disadvantage in the stamina department and if the enemy has stamina to match akisame he will be inferior in the strength department to akisame. Even if styles would have different stamina or strength requirements there is no actual disadvantage to having all pink muscles as far as the manga has let us know. I would think all styles could benefit from this. Shigure for example does not need strength to inflict dangerous wounds but she would need strength in the part of the fight that involves weapons clashing so as to push back the enemy and not get pushed back.

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I was going through the wiki and found this:
    http://kenichi.wikia.com/wiki/Shio_Sakaki#Personality

One of the images directly below says sakaki and the other masters decided to fart on kenichi for one year. Did that actually happen? Or is that a joke by some idiot lol?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Drakno's Avatar
    Country
    Greece
    Post Thanks / Like

it's a joke obviously by some troll, I mean come on farting? what is that supposed to be? Training against tear gas or something? Further more I could see the elder and Ma do something this stupid but Akisame?
    many thanx to Danchou for always finding time to make me some avy and sigs
    28/11/10 A dark day for all of us... R.I.P. Leslie

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I would like to propose a moot question.

Was the Demon's Fist death really necessary?

Lets think about it for a second. We know that the OSNF didn't mind Akira Killing Jenezad because they feared he would probably hinder their plans for the eternal sunsetting or whatever in the future. Was it really imperative to kill off him in the last arc when he could of easily been kept alive? Why not of had Sakaki defeat (who believe in the living or life fist) the Demon Fist and incarcerate him at Big Lock prison? Keeping him alive not only means a chance to reappear in the future if he escaped, but also the possibility of a future battle with the Elder(that we all really want). Just a thought to think about it. I thought Matsuena made a dumb decision.
    Last edited by BASED Shinigami; October 19, 2012 at 07:10 PM.

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, yami is a large organization and as such I get the impression ryozampaku is meaningful to them only in principle however not in practical terms. The demon god fist was insane even by yami standards and had control of a nation. Junazad had no principles, no beliefs and he crossed a line which made his very existence incompatible with yami. We have seen ryozampaku defeat a few masters and destroy a few bases but does it matter? Yami is a huge well funded organization which controls a significant section of the world. In this regard the number of bases ryozampaku has destroyed or the two masters which they have locked away are irrelevant. I mean, what are 2 people to an organization made up by masters?

Boris asked a question earlier in the manga, why not just ignore ryozampaku, a simple group of 6 people. The answer? They must be defeated because they had to prove satsujinken to be superior. What does this tell us? It means that ryozampaku is at large plain irrelevant to yami as to their actual plans. In a large organization like that taking a few bases or losing a few people won't cause much damage, they have the masters and resources to deal with that situation. At some point yami will be at large defeated however it will only be because against all reason they chose to fight ryozampaku at all. Junazad was in a remarkable position of power and he was an important powerful part in the yami machine. He could from inside influence whatever grand scheme yami had. Ryozampaku in turn has locked up to masters and done absolutely nothing to stop the eternal setting sun plan, they don't even know what it is.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

*Kensei and Lugh Topic*

Does anyone know if joint locks and grappling is a intricate part of ancient martial arts?

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BASED Shinigami View Post
    *Kensei and Lugh Topic*

Does anyone know if joint locks and grappling is a intricate part of ancient martial arts?
    As far as I understand ancient martial arts is not a real life thingy. From what I gather it is just a loose term which IMO is meant for kensei to have a weird unpredictable fighting style. Perhaps it will be based on an amalgam of different extinct or fictional martial arts so it could or not include locks. Just look at the techniques rimi and lugh have used which can be linked to ancient martial arts, none of them can be linked to a single actual style. It does not seem as if locks are standard in what kensei normally uses though. Ryuto never used a lock and at least he did seem to be an actual disciple of ancient martial arts.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Buggy's Avatar
    Country
    Andorra
    Post Thanks / Like

Do you guys think there is a possibility that James Shiba will join in the war against Yami and fight one of the masters? Considering that he is a proven super master, somewhat Akisame's rival and that he fought One Shadow in the past and lived to tell the tale (no small feat) he should probably be on their level. Maybe even he can fight Kensei, taking into account their disciples' rivalry and that there is no clear opponent for Kensei in Ryozanpakou.

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I think you might be giving shiba too much credit based on what we know. Each OSNF has their own philosofy when it comes to killing their enemies so there is a strong possibility that saiga simply saw no reason to kill him. I do think shiba is a super master however there are plenty of reasons he could have survived. Even Hayato's description of saiga do not make him sound outright like a maniac, he is simply a guy who thinks there are special situations in which it is reasonable to kill someone (which is actually a perfectly normal world view in very general terms). Of course it could turn out saiga is actually a sociopath however he didn't kill any of the masters who served junazad so I doubt it.

I would argue kensei is an obvious rival for akisame though. Former master, leading kids to the darkness, wllingness to kill his disciples.... those are all things which would annoy akisame more than anyone.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

I really doubt Shiba will fight just now. Anyone from Ryozanpaku will be better to fight against Kensei. That much is obvious in terms of plot progresion and character development. He clearly has some unresolved things with different Masters and also has a good potential as an opponent for them as apart from Saiga he is the one who knows more about Ryozanpaku Masters.
    He is also the one who doesn't care much about his Disciples, compared to Ryozanpaku, thus there is a real reason for him to fight any of the Masters from Ryozanpaku.
    Still, I do believe Shiba will fight in the possible upcoming War if there will be something like this as the plot might suggest something like this, when all of the Yami Masters, no matter Weapon or bare-hand users will try to finish their plan of the Eternal Sunset... I also believe more Masters might join Ryozanpaku's side: Ma's uncle and Freya's grandpa and also maybe Taiki Yamamoto..
    They also seem to be damn powerful and enough to join Ryozanpaku in the upcoming War.

P.S. Has anyone ever thought about the possibility of Shinnosuke Tsuji coming back into action in order to join powers with Shimpaku Alliance. The guy actually has quite a potential. He managed to grow considerably stronger last time we've seen him. He has Master to teach him and also had quite some time to grow. I do believe he might be around current Takeda or even a bit stronger. So he might have been of use to help Shimpaku Alliance. What do you think about it?

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, if I recall tsujii seemed stronger than takeda the last time he appeared however what role could he possibly have? There are already too many shinaku guys and not quite enough yomi and even then finding an opponent for him among the yomi would be a tad awkward.

New Reply
Page 14 of 78 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 64 ... LastLast