Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo , Bleach 595 by BadKarma
New Reply
Page 4 of 84 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... LastLast

Thread: History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi by Matsuena Syun

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi Hangout 2

I actually don't think that they will have another match. I believe Natsu entered Yomi to grow, but not to compete with his friends (Tsuna, Shinpaku Allience).
    Natsu might not be far behind from Kenichi, but he is still behind. Actually Kenichi never fights with all he has. He is always holding back like his Masters. He doesn't want to kill or even harm his opponents too much, so he only tries to make minimal damage and at best KO his opponent, while all his opponents try to kill him.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member ChikoSuave21's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

to: Jorge
    I have to disagree. Kenichi has always fought to his limit every single battle. His ceiling keeps raising after every match. If he didn't fight with all he had, he would've died long before meeting Ryuuto.
    He has shown to start slow, but still ends up using every ounce of energy he has to win. When Ryuuto was feeling the effects of Seidou Gaou, Kenichi wanted to beat him before any more damage was done. He was at his limit then.
    And because he won't kill his opponent, he actually uses more energy during endurance battles. It doesn't take much energy to 1-KO hit someone. So Kenichi has to struggle to get the win.
    Yo.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Drakno's Avatar
    Country
    Greece
    Post Thanks / Like

Going all out from the start isn't such a great thing to begin with, it takes time to gauge your opponent's rythm to be able to track openings in defences so you can attack effectively, the so-called incredibly important fast starter feat Ethan was characterized about was no more than a sutemi style that attacks with the strongest moves right off the bat before being able to get a feel on your opponent's rythm first and is very likely to end up in a dual exchange (like Agaard taught Kokin to attack when his opponents use their strongest attacks). That's also why Ryuuto had to wait to use Gungnir, getting the opponent's rythm down was important, Korui Nuki also is based on getting used to your opponent's rythm. HSDK is a manga about how hard work overcomes talent, Kenichi isn't talented in the slightest, if he was that would defeat the purpose.
    many thanx to Danchou for always finding time to make me some avy and sigs
    28/11/10 A dark day for all of us... R.I.P. Leslie

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think going all out was in itself a great feat ethan was characterized on. That was an issue in particular with kenichi because he is incapable of going all out at will. He simply cannot go all out unless external forces have pushed him that far. In this particular fight kenichi would not have been given a chance to adapt to Ethan's rhythm, he would not have been able to get an idea of how Ethan fights. Kenichi's case was borderline absurd as not going all out from the start also meant he would end up not being able to get his defense properly set up, he would not be able to attack with his full strength, he would not be able to use his real speed. Going all out was not a feat of Ethan's nor it characterized him, kenichi for whatever reason could simply not adapt on his own to his enemy trying to kill him from the start nor could he fight seriously from the start even if he wanted too.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jorge D. Dragon View Post
    I actually don't think that they will have another match. I believe Natsu entered Yomi to grow, but not to compete with his friends (Tsuna, Shinpaku Allience).
    Natsu might not be far behind from Kenichi, but he is still behind. Actually Kenichi never fights with all he has. He is always holding back like his Masters. He doesn't want to kill or even harm his opponents too much, so he only tries to make minimal damage and at best KO his opponent, while all his opponents try to kill him.
    Techniques of not killing but immobilizing and holding back are traits of Satsujinken, but that can't be reason for his long fights. He takes long to fight with Yomi members. And at the end wins with persistence and endurance and some techniques (the basic ones ). But he does not take time to take out weak opponents, WITHOUT HOLDING BACK?

So i think he always fights will all. May be he starts a bit late, but he is going for all in the last few fights. Weell, thats his way of fighting @ its best.

Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

Actually I disagree with people that believe that Kenichi is going all-out in his fights.
    1. The only time he really went all-out was against Kanou Shou and precisely when he was uncocious, cause in that state he wasn't holding back. It's really easy to see that he is holding back when he first fought against Tirawit Koukin and that's why he lost. He didn't go serious at him and didn't want to hurt him, hence Tirawit caught him off-guard and nearly killed him.
    2. It isn't right to say that Kenichi can't go all-out from the start. It's actually that he holds back and doesn't want to abuse power, hence he only gets closer to his limit, when he understands that he can't win without it.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

If kenichi could go all out when he pleased there would not have been a need for the elder to beat the crap out of him before fighting ethan though. Seriously, would it make sense at all for kenichi to have arrived to that fight exhausted otherwise? Kenichi for whatever reason is incapable of going all out right of the bat at will, he need to be pushed there. Heck, considering he did match kanow when he was unconscious then perhaps it is possible that for whatever reason even when pushed he does not go all out.

Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

I think it was stated that he doesn't go all-out, because of his carrying heart. He doesn't want to inflict more damage, than necesary even if his opponent wants to kill him.
    Actually that's why when he was unconcious his true power was released and Shou was really impressed, cause his hidden power is really great.

Country
    Greece
    Post Thanks / Like

When having a choice there's a difference between doing enough damage to knock out and going for a fatal blow, the fact that he doesn't use that much power that it would kill doesn't mean that his hits won't knock them out, regardless of how much power he uses he first needs to actually get a clean hit in anyway. We have already seen that he uses plenty of power in his blows when Koukin arranged for him to fight "normal" people, going for a blow at the stomach and not the heart means nothing about his strength since there is no guarantee that he wil hit anyway. The fight against Shou might not even have anything to do with his strength, he could just be reffering to the errors in Ken1's judgment seeing how while consious Kenichi couldn't hit him once while unconsious he was connecting brilliantly.
    Nonetheless I stick by my oppinion that Kenichi isn't much stronger than the yomi (if at all), the consept of the manga is: hard work > talent so Ken1 is obviously not talented and has to stuggle to win

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Riverrun
    Post Thanks / Like

What do you guys think makes a master class fighter?

Country
    Greece
    Post Thanks / Like

Didn't we have this discussion last page as well?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Franckie's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ki0 View Post
    What do you guys think makes a master class fighter?
    The main ingredients appear to be determination, training from hell, and possessing master-class potential.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

I kinda agree with Jorge, remember when Kenichi was fighting with Ethan, that he didn't want to use Korui Nuki, if he was going all out then he could have used his most powerful technique from the start no?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Riverrun
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Franckie View Post
    The main ingredients appear to be determination, training from hell, and possessing master-class potential.

Being a master class fighter, IMO, means being an amazingly strong person. All master class seem to have certain qualities. They always seek to improve and are constantly doing things they themselves consider to be very challenging. This is what's most amazing about masters to me, they do things they consider exceedingly difficult (hellish training regiments for instance) like their every days things and like their nothing special. IMO to keep that up all the time, they have to have extremely strong hearts, and determination.
    Last edited by En Yang Ji; May 14, 2011 at 03:06 AM.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Bhoot's Avatar
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Hmm I recently read the whole released series and have to say ask that why is this series rated as Shounen with all the boobies .

Part from that , What does everyone think about the little YUMI girl [forgot the name]?? I mean what do u think will happen to her and I wanna know how her master handles her decision and/or changes her ways and more importantly who will defeat her?? Part from Elder I just dont think anyone can match her .

New Reply
Page 4 of 84 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... LastLast