Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo
New Reply
Page 5 of 84 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 ... LastLast

Thread: History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi by Matsuena Syun

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi Hangout 2

Quote Originally Posted by ki0 View Post
    Being a master class fighter, IMO, means being an amazingly strong person. All master class seem to have certain qualities. They always seek to improve and are constantly doing things they themselves consider to be very challenging. This is what's most amazing about masters to me, they do things they consider exceedingly difficult (hellish training regiments for instance) like their every days things and like their nothing special. IMO to keep that up all the time, they have to have extremely strong hearts, and determination.
    I don't think that alone makes a master class. If that was the case then kenichi would make fodder out of the elder already. The impression I get is that master class is more of a ki quality than a specific amount of ki... That would explain why the difference seems to be so clear cut.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Bhoot's Avatar
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    I don't think that alone makes a master class. If that was the case then kenichi would make fodder out of the elder already. The impression I get is that master class is more of a ki quality than a specific amount of ki... That would explain why the difference seems to be so clear cut.
    Your forgetting the factor of "time" . You cannot compare masters who have been training for over 30+ years with a guy who no matter how well trained only trained for 1 yr .
    Your forgetting that to get Miu's hand Kenichi will have to defeat Elder and hence he will become stronger because of plot no jutsu .

P.S Does anyone else think that maybe the secret to unlocking the strongest skill in fist of life is to kill the most important person to you ?? Would explain why there is no grand ma or y Miu's Dad killed her mom .

Them again she just might be the selective breed thingy and hence dad meets mom on opposite sides and one kills other .

Another possibility is that Mom trys to run off with Miu ccoz she cant bear to see her used as experiment and dies .

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Drakno's Avatar
    Country
    Greece
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bhoot View Post
    Hmm I recently read the whole released series and have to say ask that why is this series rated as Shounen with all the boobies .
    To Love Ru is also shounen, high amounts of fanservise =/= seinen

Part from that , What does everyone think about the little YUMI girl [forgot the name]?? I mean what do u think will happen to her and I wanna know how her master handles her decision and/or changes her ways and more importantly who will defeat her?? Part from Elder I just dont think anyone can match her .
    Chikage is too awesome for anything to happen to her, in terms of awesomeness she is about at the level of Nijima Lucifer Haruo AKA God (sorta) so she will stick around no matter what. As for the fight against her it will probably be Miu

P.S Does anyone else think that maybe the secret to unlocking the strongest skill in fist of life is to kill the most important person to you ?? Would explain why there is no grand ma or y Miu's Dad killed her mom.
    Someone has been reading too much Naruto
    many thanx to Danchou for always finding time to make me some avy and sigs
    28/11/10 A dark day for all of us... R.I.P. Leslie

4. Thanks 4 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Franckie's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ki0 View Post
    Being a master class fighter, IMO, means being an amazingly strong person. All master class seem to have certain qualities. They always seek to improve and are constantly doing things they themselves consider to be very challenging. This is what's most amazing about masters to me, they do things they consider exceedingly difficult (hellish training regiments for instance) like their every days things and like their nothing special. IMO to keep that up all the time, they have to have extremely strong hearts, and determination.
    I agree too. The only thing I'd like to expand upon is that not all masters are noted to have the same potential. Most masters do not make it pass the level of crappy masters such as Fortuna and Christopher Eclair. Individuals with the potential of "true masters" are pretty rare.
    Last edited by Franckie; May 17, 2011 at 09:36 PM.

Country
    Greece
    Post Thanks / Like

HSDK 430 is out go read it do we can discuss the latest info we got on Miu's past
    Spoiler show

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Deadbear's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Drakno View Post
    P.S Does anyone else think that maybe the secret to unlocking the strongest skill in fist of life is to kill the most important person to you ?? Would explain why there is no grand ma or y Miu's Dad killed her mom .
    Someone has been reading too much Naruto
    Seconded.
    Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder's eye on the Last Day. --Robert Jordan, The Wheel of Time
    I dare you to find a more badass quote.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member crimsonlink310's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

lol I think becoming the strongest just involves hellish training non stop everyday which is what Kenichi goes through.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

hey I know this doesn't have anything to do with recent chapters but it occurred to me as I reread some old chapters (its summer and I got nothing to do).
    Why do y'all think that Matsuena decided to nerf Ukita the Thrower? He starts off as a pretty strong dude part of the "Technique Trio" but after DofD his role kinda sucks, he's really only for comic relief and the unofficial punching bag of the Shimpaku Alliance.
    In many ways he's like a taller version of what Kenichi would be without his masters. He practices martial arts but not to extremes; he takes part in the underworld battles (kinda) but gets the crap beaten out of him (when Chikage-chan isn't his puppeteer); he wants to do justice but has no power to enforce it; and he's in a love triangle (not that that makes any difference in a fight right now).
    Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder's eye on the Last Day. --Robert Jordan, The Wheel of Time

Country
    Greece
    Post Thanks / Like

He'll get there sooner or later, for now he is just a role model to help turning Chikage towards katsujin-ken (unknowingly ofc since he is about 70% clown) and after Chikage turns to katsujin-ken along with Mikumo the later might even become his master.
    All in all though Ukita is relatively weak (extremely so since we are at it) he knows how to man up and show guts when he has to, has a heart of gold and being weaker to the other fighters isn't that bad when a character has an interesting/fun personality (like Nijima Lucifer Haruo (aka GOD) for example)

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Deadbear: Someone had to be the weak point of the team and Ukita had the misfortune of being that person. He will probably become stronger at throwing people and other Judo moves but he is there as a secondary character.

Quote Quote:
    He'll get there sooner or later, for now he is just a role model to help turning Chikage towards katsujin-ken (unknowingly ofc since he is about 70% clown) and after Chikage turns to katsujin-ken along with Mikumo the later might even become his master.
    All in all though Ukita is relatively weak (extremely so since we are at it) he knows how to man up and show guts when he has to, has a heart of gold and being weaker to the other fighters isn't that bad when a character has an interesting/fun personality (like Nijima Lucifer Haruo (aka GOD) for example)
    Dude I love your sig, Shigure is awesome. Anyways I agree with you on Ukita's purpose but at the same time it is Kenichi who is changing her for the better. I find Ukita's love triangle funny because it is almost the same as Kenichi's triangle.

Freya <3 Ukita <3 Kisara <3 Cats

Renka <3 Kenichi <3 Miu <3 Cats and Kenichi as of chapter 423 and her usual jealousy.

Country
    Greece
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by crimsonlink310 View Post
    Anyways I agree with you on Ukita's purpose but at the same time it is Kenichi who is changing her for the better. I find Ukita's love triangle funny because it is almost the same as Kenichi's triangle.

Freya <3 Ukita <3 Kisara <3 Cats

Renka <3 Kenichi <3 Miu <3 Cats and Kenichi as of chapter 423 and her usual jealousy.
    Chikage is more conscious of Kenichi's attempts to change her personality since the Ethan fight while she is not paying much attention to Ukita's behaviour, things like the Ukita puppet fight she did instinctively and without as much as thinking about it afterwards.
    Ukita in a way to Chikage is probably like that impulsive brat that always messes up whatever he does and you feel like you have to be over his head and show him how to do something right all the time and before you even notice it you are acting like a big sibling to it and at the same time he is like the responsible cool older brother kind of guy at everything that has nothing to do with thinking or fighting.
    As for Ukita's love triangle I mostly saw it as character development for Kisara and Freya rather than Ukita, though it's funny how at the end the cats are always at the top of the love chain at the same time it makes perfect sense given how cute Matsuena-sensei is drawing them (hell I was a huge cat person even before Kenichi, it's only common sense to me)

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity elitefox's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Your forgetting the factor of "time" . You cannot compare masters who have been training for over 30+ years with a guy who no matter how well trained only trained for 1 yr .
    Your forgetting that to get Miu's hand Kenichi will have to defeat Elder and hence he will become stronger because of plot no jutsu .

Them again she just might be the selective breed thingy and hence dad meets mom on opposite sides and one kills other .

Another possibility is that Mom trys to run off with Miu ccoz she cant bear to see her used as experiment and dies .

Well, or the elder purposely be defeated in some way... cause I don't think he is gonna be defeated by anyone lols... he is superman afterall
    CLEANED

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Shader's Avatar
    Country
    Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    he is superman afterall
    And like with the superman case, thers must be a cryptonite(have no idea if i typed it right^^') wich pretty much can be Saiga,Miu or even Kenichi...the words of Masked Yami(forgot hes name..the grossone) about "show whos the bad guy" and the fact Miu tryed to find something about her past,and more of it Elder not telling her the whole truth..at this point it is plausible what Miu gonna join Yomi by beliving her Grandfather is the one who killed her mother(for the more drama it may even be true) and then,when Ryouzampaku will try to return her..Elder will die(oh and i just remembered,Elder already said he was havin "hard time" with this Masked Yami...meybe thats it?)

p.s.
    don't get me wrong,i like the manga how it is now,all happy and almost noone dies...but dam...the most powerfull person will surely die(or become useless in some way) before manga ends....dats a law...

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

In many ways tho this manga is somewhat stereo-typical. Maybe the Elder won't die or be defeated but Kenichi learns a techinique or does something that even the Elder couldn't and this qualifies as having "defeated" him. I've seen that in other martial arts/fighting stories/mangas/animes and HSDK might just fall under that same story-line. With lots of added ecchi of course.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Nahh I think Kenichi will beat Elder. It won't be easy but I think Kenichi can edge out a win.... in about 5 years lolz.

New Reply
Page 5 of 84 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 ... LastLast