Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/6/14 - 10/12/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply
Page 2 of 85 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast

Thread: History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi by Matsuena Syun

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi Hangout 2

Are you kidding? Kenichi could be a mid-high level master as he would still have the crap beat out of him by the ryozampaku guys and a few yami members. Kenichi has only recently even begun to catch up to miu, I don't think he would win in a fight just yet. In the best case scenario for him he has the same skill as miu but I would think that is a bit of a stretch considering miu rarely gets a chance to fight seriously and keeps getting stronger.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity LoS's Avatar
    Country
    Isle of Man
    Post Thanks / Like

We have yet to see Miu go all out, keep that in mind.

Each time she gets "serious" she is even more impressive than the last time. We all knew she was fast, and then this last arc she just blew us away with just how fast she really is.

Plus this current arc should give us a good indication of just how strong she really is, since it is an arc about Miu's genetics and upbringing.
    The OG that ran Bleach for near a decade is no more.
    Cheers to a boss villain, I tip my hat to you Aizen

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

I do hope Miu will get all-out this arc. And thus we'll see the level that Kenichi need to surpass to be able to protect Miu from threats.
    Also I can see in the ned of the manga the birth of new Kuremisago.)

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Kenichi will possibly never get stronger than Miu.

BECAUSE one of the master said that while "you" are getting stronger "your enemy or rival" is also training to get stronger.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes, there is a posibility of it, but Kenichi is the main hero of this manga and his goal is to be abler to protect Miu and those dear to him, so I hope he will surpass Miu at some point.

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, its not like the difference between kenichi and miu is the same as it was at the beginning of the manga. Kano sho was actually equal or stronger than miu so it is not like kenichi would not have a chance in hell against miu. His kuroi nuki would most likely one shot miu( as it apparently would anyone else within the disciple class) and his ryusui seikuken would most likely allow him to fight on even terms with her (as it did when he fought kano). The manga has already stated that miu no longer holds back during sparing matches with kenichi, I really doubt she would be that significantly ahead, specially if we consider kenichi's full strength and insane endurance.

On another note, yami has divisions so far, the armed and the unarmed. So far it is the 9 fists or whatnot that seems to rule over yami at large but based on what we have seen of the relationship between both divisions it would not make sense. The armed and unarmed divisions don't actually get along at all as we have seen. I was wondering whether it is possible the armed division has an equivalent to the 9 fists one shadow. I doubt the unarmed division actually lacks leadership....
    Last edited by kkck; April 07, 2011 at 04:45 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Country
    Isle of Man
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    Kano sho was actually equal or stronger than miu so it is not like kenichi would not have a chance in hell against miu.

I was wondering whether it is possible the armed division has an equivalent to the 9 fists one shadow. I doubt the unarmed division actually lacks leadership....
    I always see Sho's name brought up and I always think it is a poor argument. To this day, yes you read that right, to this very chapter in the manga I still feel Sho would win 99 times out of 100 in a fight against Kenichi. Sho's body, and skills back when he died are all still greater than Kenichi's are currently. It was just plot purposes that Sho lost.

As for the hierarchy of the armed division, we know they have one, since back in the stealing of the man slayer swords arc the underlings were all ordered by the higher up's in the armed division. Any shounen with Sword users always has some epic powerful individuals, and thus far we have only seen one swordsman who is near Shigure's level in skill. I am positive there are some who surpass her. Plus, we haven't seen any "veteran" older weapons users. They have thus far all been on the young side of middle age. On the Yami side at least, since we have seen Freya's grandfather as an old weapon user. I am sure there are other verterans out there on the Yami side as well.

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I don' think sho as he was before would be stronger than what kenichi is currently. Kenichi has improved tremendously and has acquired stronger techniques. Heck, we know for a fact kenichi's kuroi nuki would take out kano if he does get a hit. If sho was alive though, he would have also increased his strength and most likely be above kenichi though. Not to mention sho kano was never said to be the strongest among yomi, he was just said to be the one with the most potential. Anyways, I do think miu is still stronger than kenichi however I don't think the difference is very large for the most part. At the very least the difference between them is nowhere near as much as what it was a couple hundred chapters ago.

9. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Isle of Man
    Post Thanks / Like

Sho was said to have the best body, and techniques, only he had a weak hear....

I think we will just have to agree to disagree. Sho was clear as day in a completely different class than Kenichi.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Riverrun
    Post Thanks / Like

Where was it said he had the best techniques amongst the disciple class?

Anyway he's right, the Sho back than wouldn't be stronger than the current Kenichi. When Kenichi went into the fight with Sho he was already severly injured, and it wasn't until the end of the fight Kenichi mastered Ryuusei Seikuken.

If Kenichi was fresh, and mastered Ryuusei Seikuken, at the beginning of the fight he would have a bigger advantage.

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Sho was trained by all the 9 fists one shadow guys. In that sense, I guess saying he had the best techniques of everyone there is perhaps a bit much but in turn it would seem a bit likely that he had most of the techniques the others had. I still doubt he would have had a significantly different time if he had been less wounded, his masters took care of him to the greatest extent possible and even with ryusui seikuken kenichi had a hard time and in many ways had the disadvantage. Kenichi actually showed he was much less skilled than kano IMO however his superior endurance and power packed attacks like myuboshi allowed him to outlast kano. If kenichi had a more conventional body and he had to rely more on skill he would have been murdered by kano 10 times over and perhaps by a few other yomi.

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zatono's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Shou would have one hit killed Kenichi if he didn't have his magical plot vest on.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Riverrun
    Post Thanks / Like

That's true, but Kenichi didn't know RS at that time.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Its strange that Kenichi won that time..... may be his endurance made kano freak out and lose his composure ... which cost him the match.

But still Kano training from a small age with the Yami masters should have been much ahead of Kenichi, a one-year student @ Ryozanpaku.

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, kenichi's endurance is by no means an accident though. The ryozampaku guys have engaged kenichi is this whole body modification thingy making his body have muscles with strength and endurances and increasing his inner strength. Heck, nowadays kenichi has even started to look as gross as akisame does (although miu seems to dig tumor-like and abnormally developed muscles). I was thinking that perhaps kenichi is untalented nor for being a slow learner as Japanese manga's usually go about it but rather because the effect any training he has appears much later than what it is supposed too even if the training itself progresses fast. We already know his kuroi nuki can esentially take out anyone within the disciple class for example which in turn suggests kenichi already has strength beyond the disciple class. If we also consider the bit about kenichi even surpassing kano while fighting unconsciously then what we get is that kenichi should be much stronger than what he regularly shows. It still makes no sense that he can defeat people who have dedicated their lives to martial arts while he himself has been at it for little over a year though.

New Reply
Page 2 of 85 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast