Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Bleach 576 by cnet128
New Reply
Page 3 of 60 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast

Thread: History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi by Matsuena Syun

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Riverrun
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi Hangout 2

IMO there's a couple reasons why Kenichi can take on more experienced Yomi fighters:

- Ryouzanpaku and Yami masters have different training methods: http://www.mangafox.com/manga/histor...3/c302/15.html, http://www.mangafox.com/manga/histor...29/c261/9.html, http://www.mangafox.com/manga/histor...6/c135/19.html, http://www.mangafox.com/manga/histor...29/c261/8.html, http://www.mangafox.com/manga/histor...37/c348/4.html

The masters at Ryouzanpakou are crazy . Even to Shou and Ryuuto the training Kenichi went through seemed to be extreme. I think Akisame was the one to came up with the method to remodel Kenichi's body. The masters remodeled Kenichi's body so his muscles have explosive strength, extreme endurance and worked a lot on developing his legs and hips. Kenichi can have an even better body than Yomi members thanks to Akisame.

With more endurance he can take more extreme training than he could before and the extreme training in turn gives more endurance. So that might explain why Kenichi's body became so powerful so fast. He learned Seikuken, and Ryuusei Seikuken pretty quickly to thanks to elder's crazy training, when it would normally take longer.

- Match ups is a big reason why Kenichi wins. His master almost always prepare him before he has to fight a Yomi member.

- Seikuken and Ryuusei Seikuken were pretty much huge power ups. Before he learned Seikuken Ryuuto could beat Kenichi easily, afterwards Kenichi was a bit stronger. It's the same with RS. Before Ryuusei Sho was beating Kenichi without even taking him seriously, after he mastered it Sho was on the losing end.
    Last edited by En Yang Ji; April 10, 2011 at 05:23 PM.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

I'd actually say that Kenichi is rather decent fighter now. Even though people say that he isn't talented he still managed to learn pretty complex moves like Seikuken and Ruysui Seikuken in a damn short perioud of time and could perform it even better than Ruyto who had rather long experience in using it and was called as a talented martial artist.
    I don't think that Kenichi's only fit is his super body (for deciple class).
    I'd say that after defeating 2 or 3 opponents in his expert class (higher than disciple, but not yet a Master) and getting three or more new moves from the Elder he can get a decent chance against the lowest Master as Fortuna.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Ace4's Avatar
    Country
    Switzerland
    Post Thanks / Like

Still wish there was some anime again. This manga just doesn't get the credit it deserves.

It would be strange if Kenichi was suddenly a Kuremisago as well, his mom has imo a ninja look. But this would kill the whole plot where the pure hearted fragile boy wins by hard work against the talented.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Drakno's Avatar
    Country
    Greece
    Post Thanks / Like

The only thing Kenichi could be a kuremisago at would be trembling and being weak... I mean seeing how both his parents are epic in their own ways Kenichi is really the worst of both, the physical strenght of his father and the fighting disposition of his mother. His dad has already been shown to be weak physically (tomato sause) and skillfull in techniques (his visit to Ryouzampaku with his shotgun were he pulled off one handed reloads etc) while his mother has been able to break bricks with just her hand strength (when the dad was giving Kenichi advice about relationships and got the parts a bit reversed)
    many thanx to Danchou for always finding time to make me some avy and sigs
    28/11/10 A dark day for all of us... R.I.P. Leslie

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ace4 View Post
    Still wish there was some anime again. This manga just doesn't get the credit it deserves.

It would be strange if Kenichi was suddenly a Kuremisago as well, his mom has imo a ninja look. But this would kill the whole plot where the pure hearted fragile boy wins by hard work against the talented.
    Lol, it would be naruto all over again.

Then again, we have no reason to believe kenichi really is that untalented. Their masters dedicate a great deal of time to prepare him for incoming battles and he has shown a much greater growth rate than kids who have dedicated 100% of their time to training since they were born.

6. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

kkck
    I totally agree about Kenichi not being that untalented. I was always thinking that it was just a method to make him progress better. It's actually rather popular among parents.

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

To be honest I think he is overall referred to as untalented because the results of any training he does always show up much later than what one would expect under normal circumstances. Basically a sort of slow learner (even if all logic would suggest the exact most extreme opposite considering he has been learning for a year). Wonder how strong someone who the ryozampaku guys can consider talented would get under their training in a year? Miu is a genius but nowadays it really does not seem kenichi is that far away from her. So.... would someone talented by their standards go from 0 to master class garbage in a week and after a year of training be super master class(like the ryozampaku guys)??

Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

I actually think that it's imposible to learn faster and progress faster than Kenichi. At leasty we never saw anyone who got about the same level of progress overall.

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

^Well, takeda is not doing THAT bad either. He actually gave kenichi a good run for his money. I guess that if kenichi could actually go all out from the start he would have won with a larger margin though. Takeda does not have akisame's genius behind his training though, perhaps that accounts for a difference too.

Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

Actually Takeda was looking so good only because Kenichi was holding back pretty much. If Kenichi went all out from the start he would not trash Takeda, but he would have won pretty easily.
    And the thing is that Kenichi is only training and fighting several opponents (even though they are strong), while Takeda is reffered as talented and he is not only training under Master, but he is also fighting continiously in the Underground Arena, so he should progress even better than Kenichi, but still it looks more like Kenichi is going more and more away from all his friends.
    I'd say the only decent opponent for Kenichi is Natsu-chan.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Natsu is on par with Kenichi if not better at the moment. While kenichi is fighting several opponents, so is Natsu that also against some very dangerous ones. After some gap he is again trained directly by Ba.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Ukraine
    Post Thanks / Like

just saw new ch in raw
    new mysteries are coming...
    >the moon picture is pretty cool<
    remebered Shou ... 1 of my favorite discipl
    ahhh ..... why he had to die so soon
    Life and Death are two side's of one person

Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

Gourab
    I actually can't agree that Natsu is in any way better than Kenichi. The only thing with which he can take Kenichi is to go all-out from the start.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Thats why I said if not better. They are genuine rivals. They are both progressing rapidly. They would surely have one more match. We will see how they have progressed by then. I am looking forward to that.

16. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I also doubt there is that much difference between kenichi and tanimoto. The only time when kenichi was stronger than tanimoto was when tanimoto did not have a master which held his growth back. Right now tanimoto has his master and even took out a yomi seemingly stronger than him (which is what kenichi regularly does).

New Reply
Page 3 of 60 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast