Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/14/14 - 7/20/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi , Bleach 588 (2)
New Reply
Page 11 of 74 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 165 of 1101

Thread: History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi by Matsuena Syun

  1. #151
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BASED Shinigami's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Boston
    Country
    United States
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,196
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: HSDK 470 Discussion/ 471 Predictions

    Oops looks like I read that chapter wrong my mistake *just looked at it again*, but even so Kano was clearly stronger than Miu seeing as he had no difficulty taking her attacks and she couldn't even hit him once, so I stand by my opinion made in an earlier post.
    Last edited by BASED Shinigami; April 17, 2012 at 12:05 PM.
    My comic suggestions: Ecchi, Martial Arts, Historical, Harem, Adventure!

  2. #152
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Country
    Australia
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    105
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: HSDK 470 Discussion/ 471 Predictions

    kkck
    No you said she would of got an instant kill on ken which would basically mean she could get an instant kill on anyone hes faced so far and defeated its just a dumb theory dude theres no way miu could beat kokin with 4 kicks i'm sorry i refuse to believe that. As blackreaper said matsuena is a massive troller and imo a really bad story teller a good artist but yeah a bad story teller although he gets the basic plot right its always full of holes and flaws on fortuna island almost 6 months ago to the current chapters (assuming) ken was already bloody and beaten before he even fought kano took all of his most harmful attacks and even the "roar as one" and didnt die... matsuena is either a huge troller or just a shit writer im just saying i guess he might of done it for the shock factor like omg if ken even slips up once in this fight with miu hes going to die but thats always the case with everyone of his fights im sure even if like boris, ethan, kokin got in a killing move on ken it would obviously kill him because their objective is to kill him not just to defeat him, for example the knee attack kokin used (cant remember the name) technically killed ken instantly it didnt take 4 hits so take that miu you stupid bitch lol. the only difference was in kens other fights he wasn't just defending he was fighting back so obviously its a proper fight and not a retarded one.

    All that 4 kick statement made me think was yeah obviously someone that isnt holding back and is trying to kill you will do it in the most efficient way.

    It was also implied that kajima viewed kokin as a worthy rival so its incredibly unlikely miu could kill him that easily imo it would take everything she had to do so.

    Also renka defintely wouldnt be killed instantly by miu and she fought basically evenly with rachel stanley so it just goes to show you. I do believe miu could beat those 2 and kokin but like i said i think it would take her absolute all we've never seen a disciple easily pawn another disciple in a serious fight before aside from shou attacking shinpaku on fortuna island but imo shinpaku alliance are a few levels below yomi standard still so it makes sense (obviously with the exception of hermit)

    Blackreaper
    Yep i just take that as matsuena badly timing things shou should of been the very last opponent would of been alot cooler fighting for miu and all and by the end of the manga ken would of probably been able to match hisi strength. An 'ichigo vs aizen final battle' thing would of been rad, but yeah he just did that fight way to early and made it way to unrealistic even for a manga. It was like as soon as he wrote in that ken beat shou he was like "oh fuck, then that means hes stronger than miu and if hes stronger than miu tht means he can protect her already and his pretty much defining goal is a;ready completed... Scratch that ill write in the only reason he beat kano was because of some super secret strength that doesnt make any sense at all but i write this manga so who gives a fuck i can do what i want and make so sense at all." lol
    Last edited by blackmidnight; April 17, 2012 at 11:44 AM.

  3. #153
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BASED Shinigami's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Boston
    Country
    United States
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,196
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: HSDK 470 Discussion/ 471 Predictions

    @Zatono I agree you should move this discussion to the hangout thread we're going off on a tangent right now *sorry*
    My comic suggestions: Ecchi, Martial Arts, Historical, Harem, Adventure!

  4. #154
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Posts
    18,323
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: HSDK 470 Discussion/ 471 Predictions

    Quote Originally Posted by blackmidnight View Post
    kkck
    No you said she would of got an instant kill on ken which would basically mean she could get an instant kill on anyone hes faced so far and defeated its just a dumb theory dude theres no way miu could beat kokin with 4 kicks i'm sorry i refuse to believe that. As blackreaper said matsuena is a massive troller and imo a really bad story teller a good artist but yeah a bad story teller although he gets the basic plot right its always full of holes and flaws on fortuna island almost 6 months ago to the current chapters (assuming) ken was already bloody and beaten before he even fought kano took all of his most harmful attacks and even the "roar as one" and didnt die... matsuena is either a huge troller or just a shit writer im just saying i guess he might of done it for the shock factor like omg if ken even slips up once in this fight with miu hes going to die but thats always the case with everyone of his fights im sure even if like boris, ethan, kokin got in a killing move on ken it would obviously kill him because their objective is to kill him not just to defeat him, for example the knee attack kokin used (cant remember the name) technically killed ken instantly it didnt take 4 hits so take that miu you stupid bitch lol. the only difference was in kens other fights he wasn't just defending he was fighting back so obviously its a proper fight and not a retarded one.

    All that 4 kick statement made me think was yeah obviously someone that isnt holding back and is trying to kill you will do it in the most efficient way.

    It was also implied that kajima viewed kokin as a worthy rival so its incredibly unlikely miu could kill him that easily imo it would take everything she had to do so.

    Also renka defintely wouldnt be killed instantly by miu and she fought basically evenly with rachel stanley so it just goes to show you. I do believe miu could beat those 2 and kokin but like i said i think it would take her absolute all we've never seen a disciple easily pawn another disciple in a serious fight before aside from shou attacking shinpaku on fortuna island but imo shinpaku alliance are a few levels below yomi standard still so it makes sense (obviously with the exception of hermit)

    Blackreaper
    Yep i just take that as matsuena badly timing things shou should of been the very last opponent would of been alot cooler fighting for miu and all and by the end of the manga ken would of probably been able to match hisi strength. An 'ichigo vs aizen final battle' thing would of been rad, but yeah he just did that fight way to early and made it way to unrealistic even for a manga. It was like as soon as he wrote in that ken beat shou he was like "oh fuck, then that means hes stronger than miu and if hes stronger than miu tht means he can protect her already and his pretty much defining goal is a;ready completed... Scratch that ill write in the only reason he beat kano was because of some super secret strength that doesnt make any sense at all but i write this manga so who gives a fuck i can do what i want and make so sense at all." lol
    Well, you refusing to believe miu would do to other yomi what she just did to kenichi is kinda your problem lol. On the other hand if the author is plainly a troll and nothing more then there is no point in actually even discussing this. You do have to take into consideration how long ago the koukin bit was. He would have been weaker than now. Heck, when koukin defeated him kenichi did not have neither his tekkou nor his usual chain mail (surprisingly, most of his enemies don't have either, recently we even saw miu dodging weapons AND kicking their asses while kenichi had to do it the old fashion way by blocking and whatnot). Also, the fight between kenichi and koukin did last more than a few hits to say the least. And even then, koukin could have been that much stronger than kenichi at the time and miu could have been that much stronger than koukin, it wasn't until several yomi and 200 more chapters that kenichi finally defeated him(and of course, kenichi would have diminished the distance between himself and miu). Ultimately, I don't see why we shouldn't assume the difference between the guys kenichi has matched and miu is similar to the difference between miu and kenichi. After all, the manga is pretty much conclusively showing just how strong miu is.

  5. #155
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Deadbear's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    85
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi Hangout

    @blackmidnight: as I've stated so many times before its sort of wearying; just because he has ascended out of the disciple-class (which is a classification of his strength relative to other characters) this does not mean that his masters are ready to declare that he is no longer their disciple (which in this circumstance is a classification of a martial artist who is still in the process of actively learning, or once learned, from those he considers his masters).
    Kenichi will ALWAYS be the disciple of Akisame Koetsuji, Ma Kensei, Sakaki Shio, Apachai Hopachai, Kousaka Shigure, and Furinji Hayato even when he eventually ascends into the class of master himself because he learned from them. (Even the Invincible Superman himself is the disciple of the master who taught him... which is interesting to contemplate in and of itself.)
    But he will not always remain in the disciple-class because his masters are constantly training him to be stronger. Evidence from the last 150 chapters suggests that he has begun to enter the lower levels of the expert-class.

    @the Kenichi vs Miu strength debate
    First up: [insert previous statements about Kenichi's inability to fight seriously against Miu] You all know the arguments they've been going on for a while.
    Second: Again one of the running themes of this manga is how someone like Kenichi can defeat someone stronger than them with the strength of their convictions or whatnot. Miu is (likely) stronger than Kenichi. Kano Shou was stronger than Miu. Kenichi defeated Kano Shou. All these statements are true. He won that fight because of the strength of his heart along with the technique of Ryuusei Seikuken (which, the elder stated, is a technique one can use to defeat a much stronger opponent (duh)).
    Third: as the manga already stated ones strength itself is inconsistent and even if it was strength (like speed, power, or one's techniques) is not the same as victory.
    Fourth: Miu might very well be better as a martial artist than Kenichi in many ways. Like speed, utilization of her techniques, talent. And her abilities are continuing to grow. We don't specifically see her training other than her sparring with Kenichi. But then the point of this manga is Kenichi's growth (it is called History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi, after all). Her growth maybe is happening off-page.
    And by the way, where's the outcry when all of a sudden Takeda, Kisara, Freya, etc. got stronger with little-to-no explanation on-page as to how they got that way?

    People keep on talking about inconsistencies about the plot. Personally I've never seen any.
    Last edited by Deadbear; April 18, 2012 at 02:12 AM.
    Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder's eye on the Last Day. --Robert Jordan, The Wheel of Time
    I dare you to find a more badass quote.

  6. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  7. #156
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Lectro Volpi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Country
    Mexico
    Age
    25
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    366
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi Hangout

    Quote Originally Posted by Deadbear View Post
    And by the way, where's the outcry when all of a sudden Takeda, Kisara, Freya, etc. got stronger with little-to-no explanation on-page as to how they got that way?
    Takeda has James Shiba who fought none other than Saiga.
    Freya has Danki Kugatachi who is said to be on par with Ryozanpaku, applies to Thor as well.
    Do not know about Kisara, but Siegfried showed that isolated training helps a lot even without a master.

    Take into account that the Eight Fists are fighting geniuses picked by Kensei. Ukita on the other hand is pretty much stable and has no considerable power-ups.

    Quote Originally Posted by Deadbear View Post
    People keep on talking about inconsistencies about the plot. Personally I've never seen any.
    Is this the One Piece hangout?

  8. #157
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Deadbear's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Country
    United States
    Posts
    85
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi Hangout

    @Lectro Volpi: valid points except that aside from a brief mention every hundred chapters or so we never see them training. Maybe I should have used the word "elaboration" rather than "explanation". Miu on the other hand spars with Kenichi daily, has daily gymnastics practice (and if you don't think that helps her style just remember that she likes to jump, flip, twirl, etc while fighting), and finally she lives with SIX Super Masters. All of that combined may be all the regular training she needs.
    Besides keeping Ma Kensei from feeling you up 24/7 and Apachai away from all the food sounds to me like quite a workout; don't ya think?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lectro Volpi View Post
    Is this the One Piece hangout?
    Thankfully no...if it was then we'd be seeing a posting brawl with the Naruto fanboys about who's got the better story, chars, art, and most annoying character (its Naruto by the way)
    Last edited by Deadbear; April 18, 2012 at 02:15 AM.
    Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder's eye on the Last Day. --Robert Jordan, The Wheel of Time
    I dare you to find a more badass quote.

  9. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
  10. #158
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member OcasoEterno04's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Mars
    Country
    Costa Rica
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    153
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi Hangout

    Chapter is out people, thank god

  11. #159
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BASED Shinigami's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Boston
    Country
    United States
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,196
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi Hangout

    Quote Originally Posted by OcasoEterno04 View Post
    Chapter is out people, thank god
    I know right FINALLY!!...when we least expect it lol

    ---------- Post added at 01:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:09 AM ----------

    @kkck Well it makes no sense to only teach him half of seikuken when ryuusui seikuken is its complete form; if thats the case he's only learning half of the technique I see no reason why the Elder wouldn't teach him all of the technique unless it was around the time he got rejected from Ryozanpaku, in which case his training had to be stopped short.

    Also, I forgot Takeda learned how to use the technique too (although inferior to Kenichi's) through unknown means.
    Last edited by BASED Shinigami; May 09, 2012 at 12:30 PM.
    My comic suggestions: Ecchi, Martial Arts, Historical, Harem, Adventure!

  12. #160
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Posts
    18,323
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi Hangout

    Seikuken is not a technique unique to the elder as far as we know though. Haven't we seen a number of people using seikuken up to now? Perhaps it is more common with weapon users however seikuken itself has never been called one of the 108 techniques of the elder. If I recall kano said mikumo was also an user of the technique for that matter. Kenichi might have not finished his training that time however that does not mean seikuken is actually half a technique, it is a thing on its own which works intrinsically different from ryusui seikuken.

  13. #161
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BASED Shinigami's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Boston
    Country
    United States
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,196
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi Hangout

    Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    Seikuken is not a technique unique to the elder as far as we know though. Haven't we seen a number of people using seikuken up to now? Perhaps it is more common with weapon users however seikuken itself has never been called one of the 108 techniques of the elder. If I recall kano said mikumo was also an user of the technique for that matter. Kenichi might have not finished his training that time however that does not mean seikuken is actually half a technique, it is a thing on its own which works intrinsically different from ryusui seikuken.
    Its stated in the wikia that seikuken is in fact one of the Elders 108 secret techniques so what you say is false and ryusui seikuken is not entirely different its just an further application to seikuken itself.
    My comic suggestions: Ecchi, Martial Arts, Historical, Harem, Adventure!

  14. #162
    MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Posts
    18,323
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi Hangout

    I don't recall the manga actually saying that seikuken is one of the 108 techniques of the elder. For that matter, the seikuken article does not say seikuken is one of the 108 techniques. Seikuken creates an area which is basically under your control. Ultimately, seikuken has been used by at least 2 masters which we have no reason to believe were ever taught by the elder (shigure's dad and kagerou) and mikumo. Seikuken is plainly not one of the secret techniques, even if you read that in the fan edited wikia it is pretty much wrong about that.

  15. #163
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Country
    Riverrun
    Posts
    2,156
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi Hangout

    Who do you guys think the rest of the masters will fight?

  16. #164
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member haegar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Country
    Germany
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    250
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi Hangout

    I thought seikuken is the standard "sphere of absolute defense" many high level fighters have whereas ryusei seikuken is elder's special brand of it?

    think after however this fight ends there might come a short time of calm where no masters fight at all other than maybe in sparring with kenichi XD

    btw there should be a chap this weekend still or not?

    ---------- Post added May 27, 2012 at 12:21 PM ---------- Previous post was May 19, 2012 at 11:28 PM ----------

    hmpf. I had hoped to get at the least some spoiler pics to go with ma morning coffee :/ Common Hongo, HURRY

  17. #165
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member OcasoEterno04's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Mars
    Country
    Costa Rica
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    153
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi Hangout

    Seikuken isnt a technique from the elder however ryusuu (ryusui) seikuken is 1 of the 108 created by the elder and as kkck says fanboyhsdkwikia is very bad source of information, they've killed hongou twice and now they say jenazad is dead. Also shigure's dad knew ryusuu seikuken and I doubt a lot that the elder knows every god damn master in the world.

New Reply
Page 11 of 74 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts