Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/25/14 - 8/31/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 (2)
New Reply
Page 46 of 79 FirstFirst ... 36 44 45 46 47 48 56 ... LastLast

Thread: History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi by Matsuena Syun

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member rampeg's Avatar
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi by Matsuena Syun

i smell some cliche, like miu that kidnapped and brainwashed by hmmm who was he again.... jenazard or something like that.

this time shigure will be "the one" that got brainwashed.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member KingOfNight's Avatar
    Country
    Fire Nation
    Post Thanks / Like

Maybe I'm misunderstanding something, but isn't seeing the "shadow" of Shigure's next move disadvantageous? I really don't get that whole technique. But Shigure was impressive nonetheless.

At first, I was wondering why the Armored Knight's armor change...turned out there was two armored dudes.

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity LoS's Avatar
    Country
    Isle of Man
    Post Thanks / Like

Im not a fan of a rescue arc, like others have commented it is entirely too cliche. But oh well, we will have the Ryoz masters facing off against the Executioner Blade group, while Miu and Kenichi(possibly Shinpaku) fight the disciples of the Executioner Blade members.
    The OG that ran Bleach for near a decade is no more.
    Cheers to a boss villain, I tip my hat to you Aizen

4. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member bighawke5's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rampeg View Post
    i smell some cliche, like miu that kidnapped and brainwashed by hmmm who was he again.... jenazard or something like that.

this time shigure will be "the one" that got brainwashed.
    I can see how you can liken her situation to miu's kidnapping, but the BRAINWASH? you're pushing it..

Jenazad is the only one who knows "amnesia fist" and the trouble he took to mind control her was because of her unstableness with her ki not being released and her not being in control of it, thus the possibility of her losing control. She was the perfect kidnap subject for him and his technique.

--------------On to another point unrelated to your post,

When are they going to stop using kenichi as some kind of maladroit character, always useless. Heck I bet Ryuto would have been 100times more useful in this situation were he there. And kenichi's supposed to be a match for him? how the heck are we supposed to swallow that concentrated BS?

My annoyance is somehow lessened due to the fact that MIU as well was useless here, so its not all that bad. but if the author is going for a more realistic timeframe to when Ken and Miu will be able to at least defend themselves against masters, then my grandchildren's children will be the only ones to witness that..

---------- Post added at 01:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:14 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by LoS View Post
    Im not a fan of a rescue arc, like others have commented it is entirely too cliche. But oh well, we will have the Ryoz masters facing off against the Executioner Blade group, while Miu and Kenichi(possibly Shinpaku) fight the disciples of the Executioner Blade members.
    if kenichi doesn't release his ki in that upcoming battle with the disciples, im done lol

Hopefully we hear about Elder soon and his ordeal. I'm guessing he's gonna be held up where these guys are taking Shigure.

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member kkck's Avatar
    wherever cookies can't get to me...(as if such a place existed...)
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Nice chapter although I am kinda surprised at how things turn out. Capturing shigure should be a must for the weapons division however if she was that important why not make an actual move on her earlier? They did try but their efforts seemed to be a tad half assed so far. I mean, she has the secret to making good enough weapons consistently so why not mobilize the hachio danzaiba earlier to capture her? They knew her alligiance, they knew her secret and origin so what in fucks sake would ever deter them?

Anyways, with this ryozampaku is in an ever more dire situation than earlier. The elder got caught up in a battle and now one of the remaining masters has been captured. Shigure obviously won't share her secrets but she is still an important member of the dojo and the situation the masters are in is extremely dire with that many people being unavailable to them. When exactly are the masters calling for backup? They have friends, they need them to take on the hachio danzaiba....Or perhaps they will aim to release the elder? They don't know where he went though...

As for kenichi, I am kinda surprised no mention has been made of him releasing his ki. He was miu's inferior before the she released her ki and now she should be more than several steps ahead of her.... In a bad situation what could he possibly do for her? He might even be weak enough to hamper her at this point. With all the stuff about ki with the last arc and takeda releasing and controlling it on his own I would have thought kenichi awakening his ki would be the next sure step to make him stronger. At least with one of the masters gone the remaining ones should seriously consider pushing kenichi in this direction.... I hope we don't get something like them preparing kenichi to suddenly release his ki and him doing so randomly in battle "when he is ready". Ki needs a few more explanations IMO so I don't even mind a training arc here....

---------- Post added October 18, 2013 at 03:54 PM ---------- Previous post was October 15, 2013 at 11:52 AM ----------

Well, this was a rather slow chapter but it was still worth a read. Sakaki beating christopher for no reason was fun... It makes sense he would be like that. I am somewhat disappointed that ma said so little though. Akisame was awesome though, first time we see him so angry. It makes sense he would be the angriest of all considering his long backstory with good old shigure. His should be an almost fatherly rage so to speak.

So the elder has been at it for 5 days? The whole situation is kinda gross though, they are eating raw animals.... In a fair world both of them would have already died from rabies considering the idiocy of the idea of eating a raw animal. There is something I don't get though. Why is the elder still there? We have seen him fly and walk on water a number of times.... Are they so far from land that just running away is not an option? The other guy could follow him but that would also imply him catching the elder.... Unless there is a trap awaiting the elder. One thing I am disappointed about is that the elder seems to be the one on the defensive. Wish we would actually see what the other guy is thinking.... Or at least his face, its about time the shadow thingy stops being used.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member serpico's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

Since the beginning of the manga the elder as being referred as strong and flattered about being which out equal , and now we see his not even able to brake two alf ass it swords, pathetic ..*+*

Country
    Fire Nation
    Post Thanks / Like

Is that Cyril Rahman with swords? I can't be the only one who thought of that.

Christopher is becoming more and more likable.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Lectro Volpi's Avatar
    Country
    Mexico
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KingOfNight View Post
    Is that Cyril Rahman with swords? I can't be the only one who thought of that.
    http://readms.com/r/hsdk/543/2109/13

He even has the slit eyes and you can see a shiny thing in his forehead and his style involves weapons but not katanas. He was present during the OSNF announce so as much as he looks like it, he can't be... But it can be his twin older brother who trained in Japan.

Shigure's situation gives Ryo a reason to fight the blades. They should not have much trouble, I mean Shigure may be the weakest master in Ryozanpaku and gave them hell.

Country
    Fire Nation
    Post Thanks / Like

^ I was just kidding. But they do look ridiculously similar.

Quote Originally Posted by kkck View Post
    So the elder has been at it for 5 days? The whole situation is kinda gross though, they are eating raw animals.... In a fair world both of them would have already died from rabies considering the idiocy of the idea of eating a raw animal.
    How so? I was sure that in the Military, they teach you how to kill and eat raw animals. You can't just start a campfire and joyfully cook in desperate times.

---------- Post added at 05:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:55 PM ----------

Forgot to mention this before, but isn't the Elder an overly vicious person for a Katsujin Ken? I mean, he just told the Weapon user that impatient people will leave this world prematurely (implying that he's gonna kill him), in the OVA he was willing to shoot that poor pirate in the head(because he believed there's no redemption for him), and then, we have Mikumo stating that had he found Jenazard he would've likely killed him.

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, dunno about the ova however at least mikumo's comment can be taken as a grain of salt. Satsujinken don't really understand katsujinken nor their conviction. Mikumo as a katsujinken would kill for far less than having a grandchild stolen. As a satsujinken there are people she would kill just on general principle. As far as she is concerned she submitted the elder and ryozampaku to a extreme situation. There was an actual risk of miu dying merely from training with junazad and given the unstable circumstances of the country she was at risk at all times. As far as the satsujinken is concerned any man will kill another if pushed enough. It would seem foolish to die when living is simply a matter of killing your enemy. Right now what we will see is just how deep the elders conviction runs.

Worth noting though earlier in the manga the elder did imply that in his younger days he was rather vicious. He mentioned how he used to fight recklessly and how suddenly he was an old man... perhaps before being a katsujinken he was actually a satsujinken.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member jimtors's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

I just hope that the author doesn't pull the rag below and suddenly make the Elder say "now im done using my 0.0000001% for five days, i need to go now) and one shot the double blade master down into smithereens. Cause if this guy can stop the elder in his 100% then we can already see this manga facing their inevitable doom..^__^

Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by KingOfNight View Post
    How so? I was sure that in the Military, they teach you how to kill and eat raw animals. You can't just start a campfire and joyfully cook in desperate times.
    Really? I have never heard of that but it would be interesting if that was true. I can't imagine how that would work though.... I mean, a raw animal is a raw animal... Its full of bacteria, parasites, worms and god knows what else. I don't see how training can help you kill an animal to deal with those things without cooking it. From what I know about the subject some animals are so foul, parasite infested and dirty that even cooking them is not enough. For me the explanation about what we are seeing now is that they planned on surviving via being superhuman and akisame/ma style magic medicine.... I mean, you can't even eat the stuff you'd buy at a supermarket raw without taking a multitude of risks (except for things that are meant to be eaten raw). Even medium well cooked steak can have risks. Besides, its not like the elder or the other guy are doing stuff to prevent diseases or anything. Ganousuke just ate an eagle straight out of his sword and presumably the elder was not doing to have time to even skin the fox he was about to eat. Basically one of the ate a poop filled disgusting parasite infested bird of prey and the other almost ate a poop filled rabies carrying baby fox whole. By now both of them should have plenty of parasites in them from eating fruits without actually cleaning them (even eating strawberries from the supermarket can be a risk if you don't clean them beforehand somehow).

Country
    Fire Nation
    Post Thanks / Like

^ It is actually quit strange that they just straight up ate it without at least skinning it. I had friend who was in the Military, and among many ridiculous things they would do (swimming in sewers, getting tortured), they would teach them to eat raw animals as part of their "survival training." He specifically mentioned rabbits though. I remember that one Tv show (I forgot the name), where the host would try to survive by doing the stupidest things. Eating turd, drinking piss, eating insects, it was just plain disgusting.
    Last edited by KingOfNight; October 21, 2013 at 12:58 PM.

15. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Galactic Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Raw rabbits? That sounds like the perfect cocktail of parasites, worms and rabies... I took a few minutes to read online about this sort of thing but it does not seem like there are many things which you can eat raw. A few mollusks, saltwater fish (because salt kills stuff that could harm you), bunch of plants and roots, insects without an exoskeleton (basically worms after washing them in clean water) because hard insects have parasites inside and perhaps a couple other things. Reptiles to some degree too... but mammals generally required to be cooked. Well, I can't say I am any sort of survival expert or survivalist of any kind for that matter but the whole idea is damn strange even by manga standards.

That said, I can't imagine the show you mention being serious. Piss is poison, literally. Insects are kinda doable but you are still taking your chances.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member world is wide's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Bear Grylls is the one who drank his own piss. Piss isn't just poison, it is actually mostly water.

Raw rabbits is fine if eaten right after being killed. Every living thing has small healthy amounts of bacteria, but a very short time after death, with no immune system to curtail the bacteria, the meat quickly turns

New Reply
Page 46 of 79 FirstFirst ... 36 44 45 46 47 48 56 ... LastLast