Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/15/14 - 9/21/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 510 (2) , Naruto 692 by aegon-rokudo
New Reply
Page 1 of 26 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Bakuman Vol 14 (ch116-ch124) Discussion

Celestial Belgian 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Koen's Avatar
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

Bakuman Bakuman Vol 14 (ch116-ch124) Discussion

NOTE: SINCE THREE YEARS, RAW PROVIDERS GOT THE DOUBLE ISSUES IN THEIR HANDS A WEEK EARLIER. NO SHOUNEN JUMP UPCOMING WEEK (5th of January), SO NO BAKUMAN EITHER. ISSUE #7 SHOULD LAND ON THE 12th of JANUARY. EXPECT THE NEXT BAKUMAN ON AROUND THOSE DAYS (aka spoilers should be out around earlier)

This is where you can post all the spoilers for the next chapter of Bakuman!

And remember: NO SPAM, NO FLAME, AND NO SPOILERS OUTSIDE THE SPOILER THREADS. Please respect those that don't want to be spoiled. Thanks.

* Please do not post babelfish/google translations.
    For the most part they are just confusing and wrong. So feel free to do them for your own benefit, but don't post them here.

* Please post your spoilers in a synoptic manner.

Spoiler: Making a spoiler post synoptic show

* Please do not image tag the complete chapter
    It is okay to image tag some pages of the chapter. Keep it at a minimum (3 or so), as soon as you have more: direct link it. The spoiler thread isn't meant to host a scanlation.

* Please discuss the spoilers in this thread and post here when a chapter is out
    Please do not create a new thread for discussion of the chapter - continue the discussion/predictions in this thread itself.

You can discuss the current chapter here and find translations here.
    Last edited by Koen; December 30, 2010 at 06:07 AM.
    The biggest virtue is to support these Seven Deadly Sins in their fight!!!
    Read Nanatsu no Taizai

2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    in absentia 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity saladesu's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bakuman 116 Spoiler Thread

Spoiler & translationVerification: Pending
    Source: 2ch, MH
    Credits: WYADH1nMP, saladesu

Quote Quote:
    323 :名無しさんの次レスにご期待下さい:2011/01/13(木) 23:05:41 ID:WYADH1nMP
    バクマン。はサイコーは主人公のキャラ立て、名前すら出ていないジャンプ否定漫画だと言う。設定は唐突と言うが、
    シュージンは科学的根拠はいらないと言う。ほとんどが「シンジツの教室」の漫画の内容。主人公がしゃべらないほうが
    いいと言ったため、神による質問タイムになる。学級委員に立候補した理由を成績が良くなるから、人の上に立ちたい
    からなど本当のことを言わせて本性をあばかせて楽しんでいる。副学級委員の佐伯さんは良いクラスにしたいと思った
    からと正直に答え生き延びる。この人がヒロインっぽい。番号順にクラスの女子の体操服を盗んだか質問をしていき、
    7番目の人が犯人で、死のうと思って質問の前に嘘を言ったが、教室から消えたいという本心からの発言なので認められ
    なかった。29人になったところでペアを作り、残った一人が死ぬとどんどんルールを追加・変更していく。主人公の高橋は
    佐伯さんとペアになった。ペアの片方が死ぬとペアも死ぬ。ペアになろうとしたが体力がないからペアにならない、
    最後は殺し合いになると発言したものが他の人たちに縛り付けられてペアになれずに破裂したところでとりあえず漫画終了。

その後はサイコーたちの台詞のみで、主人公含む8人が脱出に成功したが、結局全員殺された。1stよりも2nd、3rdのほうが
    面白い内容だったらしい。応募者の名前は七峰透という18歳の少年だが、サイコーはこの名前を見たことがあると言う。
    「シンジツの教室」を描いた人物は、「TRAP」を連載していたときに毎週ファンレターをくれていた中学生だった というところで終了。
    Saikou is creating his protagonist, and says that it is a manga that goes against the conventions of Jump and doesnt even have a name/names are not even mentioned (TN: I am about as confused as you are, this sentence is weird and without enough context, I can't decide what would be the best translation). The setting is said to be very abrupt, but Shuujin says that there doesn't need to be any scientific basis to it.

Most of this chapter was depicting the contents of "Shinjitsu no Kyoushitsu". Since the protagonist said that it was better not to speak, it became a time for questions from god. He is having fun uncovering people's true natures, such as making them say things like they improved their grades because they wanted to run for class rep, or they wanted to stand/rule over others hence they ran for class rep etc. The vice-class rep, Saiki-san (TN: no yomigana/reading given, so I'm guessing what the kanji should be read as) thinks to herself that she wants to get into a good class, so she answers truthfully and lives. This person looks like the heroine of the story. The question "Did you steal the gym clothes of the class girls?" is asked to everyone in the class in register order, and the 7th person is the culprit. He thinks he wants to die, so he tells a lie, but because his heart's true desire was to disappear from the classroom when he gave his answer, it was not accepted. When they are left with 29 people, they form into pairs, and the last person remaining dies. And like this, they add rules and change rules as they go along. The protagonist Takahashi is paired with Saiki-san. If one of the pair dies, his/her partner dies too. The manga ends where there are some people who try to form pairs with others, but because they are physically weak, they are unable to find a partner because in the end, it is said that eventually they will have to kill each other and these people will be tied to others and without having formed pairs, will be exploded. (TN: this sentence is excessively long and confusing, I don't quite get it myself...)

After that, it's all just lines from Saikou and the rest, and they say that 8 people including the protagonist make it out, but in the end all of them are killed. More so than the 1st and 2nd, the 3rd was the most interesting. The contestant's name is Shichimine Tooru (TN: no yomigana/reading given, so I'm guessing what the kanji should be read as), an 18 year old boy, and Saikou says that he's seen this name before. The chapter ends with them realising that the person who drew "Shinjitsu no Kyoushitsu" is a middle schooler who had written fanletters every week to Ashirogi when they had been doing "TRAP".

4. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Newkerzy's Avatar
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

Whoa, what a huge turn of irony...... their fan is now competing with them?? wow, just when you think this couldn't get even more awesome.

Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, at the same time, it's also something to be happy about, that they inspired someone!

I wonder where this will go from here though. I wonder if this guy will serve as anything more than yet another rival. I hope he's more than just that

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The chapter is out.
    Last edited by Reclaimer; January 14, 2011 at 06:56 PM. Reason: Deleting stuff since the chapter came out and invalidated it

Banned 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    British Virgin Islands
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bakuman 116 Discussion / 117 Prediction

yeah chapter 116 is out by Sleepyfans

on page 1 he said i...i think this is just a short of a thing i wanted to do!!

huh...!? oh ,right .... physiological battle.....!

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rajin View Post
    yeah chapter 116 is out by Sleepyfans
    I know this probably isn't the place to discuss this, but that website is awful. I immediately get linked to a million different ads. I'd suggest people to just go to sleepyfans website (which I linked) and downloading it rather than trying to use this website.

---
    As for the chapter, am I the only one who didn't get it when Takagi said the series they were reading was almost like serious humor? My understanding of serious humor has always been nebulous (because it is not something that one can plan, especially not a series around), but this makes even less sense than the PCP things we've seen that probably weren't serious humor either.
    Last edited by Reclaimer; January 14, 2011 at 10:03 PM. Reason: Adding stuff to make my post more on topic

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Newkerzy's Avatar
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

I do think a dark series like "Classroom of truth" would be awesome to see in Jump. Except, like Mashiro said, some of the story leaves a bad taste in my mouth. I'm all for a dark series in Jump but I wouldn't like it if the author kills off all the character in the series. That's way too overboard for a dark series.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Santuv592's Avatar
    Country
    Latvia
    Post Thanks / Like

Well,I think that the author submitted "The classroom of truth" in the treasure award,because he wanted that Ashirogi would rank his work,no?

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Santuv592 View Post
    Well,I think that the author submitted "The classroom of truth" in the treasure award,because he wanted that Ashirogi would rank his work,no?
    Yeah, he is their Trap fan who sends fan letters every week. He probably waited Ashirogi Muto to become the judge. I'm disappointed though, another kid in Jump. I guess it's fine that their rival are likely the same age coz it's kinda weird if it's older than them and Ashirogi Muto beat that old one.

Again, can't wait what Ashirogi Muto will create. Ohba for sure have the story already laid out that is better than the 'Classroom of Truth'.

Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Well for me creating a new rival that is like a junior for them is not that great I think something that they introduce some veteran that is way better than them and Eiji to make things more interesting... Or having a rival against another company other than Jump..

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member SHINOBI-03's Avatar
    Country
    Dubai
    Post Thanks / Like

The story was awesome. I wish I could read the whole thing beginning to end like them. I really was into it while reading it.

Quote Originally Posted by Newkerzy View Post
    I do think a dark series like "Classroom of truth" would be awesome to see in Jump. Except, like Mashiro said, some of the story leaves a bad taste in my mouth. I'm all for a dark series in Jump but I wouldn't like it if the author kills off all the character in the series. That's way too overboard for a dark series.
    For me, I admire those authors who have the guts to kill off their main characters every now and then like Yoshiyuki Tomino in his Gundam franchise. Those authors go to the non-cliched ways and they manage to make good unexpected plot twists like making their main characters fail in some big event that everyone thought they'd win it for sure. Plus it gives you the sense of danger. This main character dies? That means no one is safe!

Sadly, JUMP is guilty with following the whole "Don't kill this character because fans don't want him dead" or "Don't worry, this dead character will come back to life in any kind of way" or any reason that makes any character illogically alive no matter what kind of deadly injury they get.

And by making your main characters invincible or "unkillable" all the time, the readers will never take a fight seriously anymore. It'll be like "Oh, this villain will kill this character! Never mind, he will survive in the end like the first twentieth time."

---

And speaking of plot twists, I totally did not expect that manga to be from their "Number 1 fan". Totally did not expect it! Although I'm worried he would be yet another rival like they don't have enough already.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I think the problem with killing off all your characters at once is that it is almost impossible to continue the series. (If you do it one at a time and have been working in new characters, it can be done) In this case: how does this series continue beyond the 10 chapters written? (We obviously don't know because we haven't read it) Wouldn't it just be better to publish the 10 chapters, then put out a volume than attempt to continue? (not every story needs to be hundreds of chapters long. I've enjoyed 1 volume works) Would Jump do that?

16. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member SHINOBI-03's Avatar
    Country
    Dubai
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Reclaimer View Post
    I think the problem with killing off all your characters at once is that it is almost impossible to continue the series. (If you do it one at a time and have been working in new characters, it can be done) In this case: how does this series continue beyond the 10 chapters written? (We obviously don't know because we haven't read it) Wouldn't it just be better to publish the 10 chapters, then put out a volume than attempt to continue? (not every story needs to be hundreds of chapters long. I've enjoyed 1 volume works) Would Jump do that?
    You don't have to kill them all at one shot. You can do it one by one and save the big main characters to the last episode, or pull an EOE and kill everyone in the finale.

Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

The costumes in Shinjitsu no Kyoushitsu remind me too much of D.Gray-Man (not to mention Saeki looks like Lenalee). In a way, it's also looking quite like Enigma, to which a similarity was drawn in the manga itself by Saikou, and Saeki also looks like Shigeru.

I wonder if Ashirogi will meet this "Ashirogi Jr" in real life. Might be interesting, and I wonder what kind of guy he is. I'm thinking he might be like that guy, Shizuka Ryuu (was that his name).

New Reply
Page 1 of 26 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast