Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/14/14 - 7/20/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2) , Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi

View Poll Results: Which character should end up as Naruto's lover?

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sakura

6 19.35%
  • Hinata

20 64.52%
  • Sasuke

5 16.13%
  • Other (please state in the thread)

0 0%
  • No one

0 0%
New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Naruto's Lover: Who should it be and why?

Now Sentient! 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member MangaHelpers's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Naruto's Lover: Who should it be and why?

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Alterno's Avatar
    Country
    Dominican Republic
    Post Thanks / Like

Naruto's Lover: Who should it be and why?

Hi Guys...

I would like to remind that the poll of this thread have been reconstructed several times by our friends the moderators as way to keep up the poll with romantic events related with Naruto, while if you look forward into my posts in this thread you might find my complaints about doing such action, these days I fully understand the actions of the moderators.

Since we are in the third reconstruction, I've voted three times for Hinata, Three years have passed since the creation of this thread and still going which is impressive and I belive if not the most read topic in the naruto forum, maybe one of them, many of my impressions about Hinata as Naruto's love outcome for this manga, are based maybe on how much I like each character individually, these reasons can be found in the words written in Manifestos, essays live veil of dream and other defenses ..

I voted for Hinata because she shares something in common that is not actually related directly with third person, this is the goal of being acknowledged, but at the same this happen in different ways, with two different persona and different personalities, then comes other goals like being Hokage, changing, etc.

We all have reasons to support the character we would like to see in a love relation with Naruto, let's share them and be respectful of them, we don't have to diminish the reasons of others to show support to our favorites, let's have fun and show moderators that we can have a heated but friendly discussion

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Naruto's Lover: Who should it be and why? - Part 1

Yo xXan/jdw, if kishi does have naruto end up with sakura, I will help you guy in killing kishi.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member RezzieThaRapper's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Naruto's Lover: Who should it be and why?

Quote Originally Posted by jdw View Post
    You won't have a chance unless you are standing next to him when the chapter comes out because I won't lose when it comes to killing Kishi if he puts Naruto with Sakura.
    Have you ever seen Misery by Stephen King... Yea, what I'll do if that happens is at least 17 times worse, lol just joking... not really though
    I have an opinionDon't hate me for it...

MH's Best Reviewer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Jammin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Well for the sake of putting something in this thread other than dark slightly creepy fan humor...

I think it should be Ino(but i'd settle for Sakura or Karin).

Why? Naruto is the main character and a core belief of mine is that a main characters love interest should be interesting independently of the pairing. Because pairing up with a main character means that they are going to get a ton of extra screen time, so they need to be fun enough as a character to grant entertainment value to their scenes together. Like Kushina did for Minato in the short times we saw them together.

Here's what i think about what Sakura, Ino, or Karin could bring to the series.

Sakura
    I'm fond of the Jiriaya/Tsunade dynamic she and Naruto have. I think she could infuse humor and drama quite well. Also they have a long history which could be a source of a lot of drama and humor. Not to mention she's the only character i can remember Naruto actively showing romantic interest in from his side of things.

Unfortunately, her value supporting him in combat has dwindled to the point of being next to nothing He doesn't really need healing or close quarters combat backup. So unless she somehow learns something quick she'd just be stuck cheerleader from afar, or getting in the way.

Ino
    Ino is basically a better looking version of Sakura with less emotional baggage and abilities better suited to supporting Naruto in combat(and by that i mean longer range abilities).

Problem is they really don't have much history together...pity.

Karin
    Likable and funny character who possess the analytical sense that Naruto lacks.

Naruto's interactions with her would be fun but it's hard to imagine her being able to contribute to the drama. Also her sensory ability and healing ability are both fairly useless in trying to support Naruto, since he can pretty much do both by himself.

-----------------

I'm not a huge Naruto/Hinata fan. It's not that i dislike Hinata it's just that she is the cute shy girl. Which makes her adorable....and boring.

A bunch of scenes of her getting embarrassed and passing out are only entertaining for so long. And i'm just not sure Hinata has much more to provide entertainment value with.

Though if Naruto/Hinata happened i wouldn't think it was the end of the world. Unlike if Naruto started making out with Killer Bee.......now THAT would be the end of the world.
    Last edited by Jammin; April 04, 2011 at 08:01 PM.
    Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for Everybody]
    I Don't Want This Kind of Hero [Esp. for Superhero/Comedy fans]
    Girls of the Wild's [Esp. for Romance/Martial Arts fans.]
    Ultimate Legend: Kang Hae Hyo [Esp. for Delinquent/Comedy fans]

6. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

@jammin
    dude it seem like you like to pair naruto up with girls who are/were in love with sasuke for some reason man. Sakura, Ino, and Karin all three of them were in love with sasuke at one point, and they might still be, and you actually think naruto should end up with any of them? What kind of main character end up with a girl who don't love him the most? Look at kushina and kurenai all of them only love one person, and they were minato and asuma, and for each of those pair the couple's personality different quite a bit, yet they still make a great couple, so in my opinion naruto and hinata work out perfect for she only love naruto, and her personality is like minato while naruto is like kushina, so them being a couple would almost be like minato and kushina.

8. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Merge-chan

Since the thread restarted, I thought I would restart the poll as well. Feel free to vote again as your views may have changed since you last voted.

The old vote results are still preserved in the previous incarnation of this thread. Check out that thread to see how everyone voted.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member feisu-chan's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

i actually liked Hinata for Naruto since i started watching Part I marathons. They have this "I want to grow strong with you" chemistry, and it's nice to see Naruto pushing Hinata to do her best. In turn, despite having Sasuke to be Naruto's drive most of the time, it was also Hinata's fight with Neji that somehow encouraged Naruto with his fight with Neji in the exams.... not to mention his great battle with Pein after Hinata's confession. I just wish Naruto could react to that soon... But I'd be so fluffy if in time, they'd be canon!

11. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted ninjabot's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Honestly, any of us out here who has fallen in love knows the difference between true love and settling.

Naruto hooking up with Hinata would be settling. We know who he really loves, and if we want it to mean anything at all outside of a little timeskip at the ending to show his son, then for all intents and purposes he should be with Sakura. You don't just hook up with the one that shows you attention. You pursue the one that you know you really want to be with, not the one that opens their legs first.

For him to all of a sudden want to marry this chick that's never been more than an aquaintance, that doesn't hold a hell of a lot of significance story wise. That said, I like Hinata alot, and it'd kill me to see her give up on Naruto.

13. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jammin View Post
    Karin
    Likable and funny character who possess the analytical sense that Naruto lacks.

Naruto's interactions with her would be fun but it's hard to imagine her being able to contribute to the drama. Also her sensory ability and healing ability are both fairly useless in trying to support Naruto, since he can pretty much do both by himself.
    HEY, Naruto does possess analytical skills, he just doesn't like to use it often!

er

I support Naruto x Karin and Naruto x Hinata. Karin would be good for drama as she could vie for Naruto against Hinata and Sakura. She also lusted for Sasuke, and was Akatsuki and thus, a criminal.

Naruto can't sense anything until he draws on the Kyuubi chakra, whereas Karin can actively sense. So far, Naruto can only sense maliciousness; can he actually sense chakra? I'm hoping Naruto's control over the Kyuubi takes away his ability to heal quicker so Karin can heal him in a kinky way. :> Plus, unlike Hinata Karin would actually be aggressive in getting Naruto.

I still support Hinata because she actually liked Naruto for who he was, not what he became or did for her. Naruto deserves to be with someone who saw him for what he was and liked him for that, someone who saw the positive in him long before anyone did. She recognized Naruto's true worth and was even inspired by him to change herself (same with Sakura too, I guess, but Sasuke played a major part in this).

I thought he and Sakura would be good together because they had chemistry and history, but yeah... Sakura is just undeserving of Naruto. Hmph.

15. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member jdw's Avatar
    It is impossible to troll Yondaime. Get over it.
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Naruto War Tracker: 2 days of combat, 63 chapters, 40,000 alliance soldiers lost (50%). Significant alliance characters lost: 0

17. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh, right. Thank you!

Doesn't help though since he has to get into Sage Mode, which takes a while. Karin can instantly sense chakra.

Plus, I'd like to see Naruto take Karin's kicks. Would have broken Suigetsu's head (probably not) if he wasn't water.

MH's Best Reviewer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Jammin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

@M3J
    Naruto is clever. But emotion tends to color his judgment and he has plenty of "moron" moments. Karin is a lot more dispassionate and practical than he is and, if her advice to Sasuke was any indication, she is consistently very analytically intelligent. She was constantly giving him good advice....which that jerk always ignored.

As for Sage mode, i don't think it takes that long relatively. I mean, he did it in a few seconds when one of Pain's bodies had him in that full nelson.

The problem with all the love interests right now is that they all have redundant abilities with Naruto's. If his love interest was someone who was good with genjutsu or long range homing type stuff they we could get some of that "girl of fights by his side stuff" going. Which where they really can shine.

It just seems like everything Hinata, Sakura, and Karin are good at Naruto can already do for himself. Close range combat, chakra detection, healing. He can do all that stuff for himself so there really is no incentive for him to rely on somebody else.

The only area's he really lacks are long range combat and genjutsu. Which is why i truly wish Ino was an option for him because she can actually do stuff that he can't do for himself. How much better would it be if Naruto's girlfriend was able to do something other than just cheer-leading?
    Last edited by Jammin; April 12, 2011 at 12:42 PM.
    Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for Everybody]
    I Don't Want This Kind of Hero [Esp. for Superhero/Comedy fans]
    Girls of the Wild's [Esp. for Romance/Martial Arts fans.]
    Ultimate Legend: Kang Hae Hyo [Esp. for Delinquent/Comedy fans]

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

wow some of you seem to want naruto together with karin, that will be freaky, the girl get bite mark all over her body, who know how many people have bute her, and where, if naruto were to end up with her, man that suck for him for when they sleep together it will be freaky seeing your wife's body cover in bite mark, unless naruto is into that stuff or something.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Jessie's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

It's funny that many want Naruto with Karin, cause Karui was the one who beat him up and then worried about if he was okay. You can argue she started a crush on him. Karin just dug his chakra.

I think there is an element to some Naruto fans wanting to see Naruto steal away Sasuke's main fangirl. Karin going from Sasuke to Naruto would be humorous. The odds of it happening though are zero. Remember what manga we are reading. Romance barely moves with the main pairings. Never mind crack.

It all comes down to Hinata and Sakura. Hinata is the favorite with the fans and should be gearing up for her big fight. But I think fans will feel more positive about Sakura after the war.
    Last edited by Jessie; April 14, 2011 at 01:15 AM.

New Reply
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast