Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by kewl0210 , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)
New Reply

Thread: One piece x Toriko crossover

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

One piece x Toriko crossover

The RAW is out on watchop.com, subbed should be up soon. Anybody watch this yet? I know nothing about Toriko so im not sure what to think as of now

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member meepers4982's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: One piece x Toriko crossover

i saw some of it but decided to stop because i would prefer to see the subbed version even though i can somewhat understand what they are saying, subbed will most likely be out later tonight of tomorrow for sure. Toriko is basically a 'food hunter' who looks for dangerous/difficult/ and rare ingredients of food so it fits since both luffy and toriko eat insane amounts of food.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Nonlife's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I never read/watched Toriko in my life; and, my taste in anime is starting to wane. I just hope there's a growing possbility of an actual DBZ/One Piece special. (Not that commercial promoting One Piece & DBZ Kai; or the collaborative special at Japan's "Comic Con where Goku&Luffy faced off against Enel.)

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by meepers4982 View Post
    i saw some of it but decided to stop because i would prefer to see the subbed version even though i can somewhat understand what they are saying, subbed will most likely be out later tonight of tomorrow for sure. Toriko is basically a 'food hunter' who looks for dangerous/difficult/ and rare ingredients of food so it fits since both luffy and toriko eat insane amounts of food.

Sounds.......strange to say the least lol but then again one piece is pretty strange. I might check it out when the subs get up

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Razh's Avatar
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Nonlife View Post
    I never read/watched Toriko in my life; and, my taste in anime is starting to wane. I just hope there's a growing possbility of an actual DBZ/One Piece special. (Not that commercial promoting One Piece & DBZ Kai; or the collaborative special at Japan's "Comic Con where Goku&Luffy faced off against Enel.)
    Well, I'm gonna put this link out, in case you didn't know about it. I got that impression anyway. Have fun

Dragonall X One Piece Cross Epoch
    Last edited by Razh; April 05, 2011 at 12:23 PM.

Heh
    Prediction: Dragon will appear on Fishman Island!
    Challenge Gilferbeast!!!

(thank you pupil "fuck you razh" -> made me lol)

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member zelllogan's Avatar
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

I didn't know Toriko at all. So, this crossover gave me the envy to read it and I don't regret it. A refreshing manga that have one big issue ... I want to eat each time I read it.

Note that toriko is not the only one with a big appetite, the mangaka paid a teenager for sex .
    Last edited by zelllogan; April 05, 2011 at 01:52 PM.

7. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Ratatosk's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

That was pretty fun to watch, I kinda miss the strawhats having fun on random islands (or at all), and and island full of ridiculous monsters and dudes with 80s biceps and their immensely camp/annoying friends almost fits in the One Piece world anyway.

The mangaka being a dirty old man makes sense for how oldskool the drawing style looks.. but wait a minute, I have no idea now young said teenager was, but I thought Jump were majorly paranoid about anything remotely offensive, didn't Oda's ideal voice-actor for Iva get fired just for posting an innocent picture of his new arse-tattoo on facebook?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member zelllogan's Avatar
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ratatosk View Post
    That was pretty fun to watch, I kinda miss the strawhats having fun on random islands (or at all), and and island full of ridiculous monsters and dudes with 80s biceps and their immensely camp/annoying friends almost fits in the One Piece world anyway.

The mangaka being a dirty old man makes sense for how oldskool the drawing style looks.. but wait a minute, I have no idea now young said teenager was, but I thought Jump were majorly paranoid about anything remotely offensive, didn't Oda's ideal voice-actor for Iva get fired just for posting an innocent picture of his new arse-tattoo on facebook?
    Apparently, she was 16 years old but it was almost 10 years ago. And he was at the time excluded from WSJ.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mitsutoshi_Shimabukuro

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I started reading Toriko because of the manga crossover. I like it. It's not surprising there were weeks when it surpass Naruto on the Shonen Jump poll. I can't stop reading after the first chapter, and it keeps getting better and better. Like One Piece, it is very energetic. Think One Piece, but with less crew members per arc and a lot more focus on the environment and the sea kings.

Has anyone noticed how beautifully the Toriko vs One Piece crossover were animated? I mean, I know they can't animate this beautifully every episode. But my god, if the Enies' Lobby were animated half this good I would be very happy. With the exception of when Luffy fights with the admiral, the entire Whitebeard vs Marinefort arc were also badly animated.

NOTE: Even Sanji is blushing for Komatsu. I guess that guy is really charming.
    Last edited by panasit; April 07, 2011 at 02:20 AM.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Drago's Avatar
    Country
    India
    Post Thanks / Like

Subbed Version is out

Click here to Watch Online ===>http://www.animefans.tv/downloads/stream/9222.html

Download Link -->http://www.animefans.tv/f318/one-pie...223/#post48445

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Or use a torrent: http://www.nyaa.eu/?page=home&page=s...+Piece&cat=0_0

I had thought that it would be like the like the manga, with the second part being a OP episode, but what a nice suprise.^^ I wonder if those beasts were also created by fans or again partly created by the duo. Damn koala with his swing kick haha. The island was really tasty looking.

Let's hope that Toriko will get the same quality of animation as the special.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I hope One Piece will get the same quality of animation as the special -_-

14. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Celestial Belgian 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Koen's Avatar
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

Never been a fan of crossovers because it somehow feels more artificial and fictional than an anime or a manga already is. BUT this crossover was well done because it focused more on the world of Toriko. It is a good introduction to people who didn't know about Toriko because it explains a lot about Toriko (bishoku-ya, capture level, course menu,...). If I wouldn't read or watch Toriko then this crossover would have triggered an interest for sure

People should read (and watch) Toriko because it is a world with a great imagination
    The biggest virtue is to support these Seven Deadly Sins in their fight!!!
    Read Nanatsu no Taizai

New Reply