Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by kewl0210 , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)

View Poll Results: What will be the outcome?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • Goomoonryong will win

12 57.14%
  • Kangsung will be victorious

3 14.29%
  • A draw...

6 28.57%
  • I am confused

0 0%
New Reply

Thread: Goomoonryong vs. Kangsung - The Rematch

Little tocs-Coming Soon 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member thornofcarrion's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Goomoonryong vs. Kangsung - The Rematch

The current chief of Martial Arts Alliance, Kangsung (Three Arts Dragon) is perhaps the only character in the series who hinted that he can trouble the Nine Arts Dragon aka Goomoonryong. He held his own against Goomoonryong, who had entered in the state of Black Origin Threshold. Although, it is debatable if Goomoonryong was at his full strength or not.

Moving on, lets assume Goomoonryong was fully healed for this particular match-up. Who do you think will come out as a winner?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Franckie's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Goomoonryong vs. Kangsung - The Rematch

If any gap in ability exists between Kangsung and GMR, the gap is miniscule. Kangsung forced GMR to tie with him in 3 different matches and his master mentioned that Kangsung would have gone farther if he had not opted out. Kangsung is also the only opponent GMR is very weary of fighting and has the "god hype" that GMR has. There's also thematic sharings such as the "Tiger vs Dragon" and "Chaos vs Order" between the two.

On a side note, I think the author stated even he has no idea on how a fight between the two would turn out, but I'm currently incapable of providing proof for said statement.

Edit: I finally found what I was looking for: http://www.mangafox.com/manga/the_br...8/c053/14.html

Spoiler show
    Last edited by Franckie; April 14, 2011 at 12:17 AM.

Corporate 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member blai's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm actually very unsure whether to vote for Goomonryong or Kangsung until we (hopefully) get to see Goomonryong again. I feel that one is as strong as the other and that the two of them are perfectly balanced. Yes, Kangsung could have gone further but so could Goomonryong and unless Goomonryong comes back and is stronger than before (and we assume Kangsung hasn't improved) then I can't decide a winner.
    You're not paid to think;
    A mindless worker is a happy worker,
    so shut up and do your job.

Little tocs-Coming Soon 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member thornofcarrion's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

My two cents:

They are closely matched but I think Goomoonryong has the edge. Kangsun mastered three arts--->Sammoonryong, whereas Goomoonryong was master of nine arts. Like Blai said we need to see more of them to exactly gauge their strength but 9 arts > 3 arts on the paper, no?

Goomoonryong and Sammoonryong fought each other on the rooftop of Koa Business Center. But the circumstances were different and can not an exact indicator of their strength. I think a fully healed Goomoonryong, especially not entered in the state of BOT, is more dangerous against an enemy like Kangsung.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity kidopitz27's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

GMR is in trance when he is fighting in the rooftop and also Kangsung knows the story behind GMR that he is the only one that has a know how on Black Heaven Tech and kangsung did not want to fight or kill GMR because if GMR die Black Heaven Tech will be gone forever (but GMR already made PLAN B if it is really a plan putting his teachings on Shioon's phone)

OMG TWO VILEPLUME

100% sure that Zoro already surpassed mihawk! 10/06/10

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by thornofcarrion View Post
    My two cents:

They are closely matched but I think Goomoonryong has the edge. Kangsun mastered three arts--->Sammoonryong, whereas Goomoonryong was master of nine arts. Like Blai said we need to see more of them to exactly gauge their strength but 9 arts > 3 arts on the paper, no?

Goomoonryong and Sammoonryong fought each other on the rooftop of Koa Business Center. But the circumstances were different and can not an exact indicator of their strength. I think a fully healed Goomoonryong, especially not entered in the state of BOT, is more dangerous against an enemy like Kangsung.
    Kansung was being modest, and only mastered 3. He could have mastered all 9 like GMR, but out of respect to those around him he stayed with three. So the number of arts isn't a clear factor in whether or not one is stronger than the other.

7. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by tehgrim View Post
    Kansung was being modest, and only mastered 3. He could have mastered all 9 like GMR, but out of respect to those around him he stayed with three. So the number of arts isn't a clear factor in whether or not one is stronger than the other.
    Nicely said, but in a battle don't you think its the entire repertoire that matters. I mean, if one of your technique isn't effective, you can resort to other. In the end, it depends on the timing and fatality of the technique used.

Moreover, its a fantasy battle that may or may not occur, Kangsun chose not to become a Goomoonryong does not directly effect the battle. However, one can use the fact to gauge his potential.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Otters11's Avatar
    Country
    Antarctica
    Post Thanks / Like

Voted for Kangsung. Pretty sure GMR wins in power. I remember when the story compared their stomping techniques. Big difference!!! However, Kangsung seems the more honorable and understanding of the two. So if they fought, hopefully he'd have cause to win.

New Reply