Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply
Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast

Thread: Silver Spoon by Arakawa Hiromu

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Silver Spoon by Arakawa Hiromu

Insurance only works with cereals, crops or alike since it is for agriculture depending on the weather. It doesn't really work this way for dairy and stock farming. But the debts are mostly due to the fact that farmers need to constantly increase their surface or buy new costly equipment, have increasing charges because of cereals speculation or petrol while at the same time their products are bought cheaper and cheaper.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    Turkey
    Post Thanks / Like

well an interesting news from the RL. apperently the school (Hokkaido Obihiro Agricultural High School) that has been the basis of Yezo high has received 110% more applicants than last year in their Dairy Science Course.

MAL

3. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Wrecking Ball 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Doraku's Avatar
    Country
    Liberia
    Post Thanks / Like

^

That's a good news, so happy that a Manga could affect real life circumstances in one way or another. Hiromu knows how to make a simple story can be interesting, after all, albeit the existence of strong fanbase of FMA previously. On unrelated note, I think I'm going to buy the 6th volume of Gin no Saji soon, the cover has more charm than the previous tankobons, so I was hooked when I saw it. Hopefully there's any extras that I could share.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by k-dom View Post
    Insurance only works with cereals, crops or alike since it is for agriculture depending on the weather. It doesn't really work this way for dairy and stock farming. But the debts are mostly due to the fact that farmers need to constantly increase their surface or buy new costly equipment, have increasing charges because of cereals speculation or petrol while at the same time their products are bought cheaper and cheaper.
    Poor weather causes feed prices to increase which insurance helps mitigate. Insurance can also cover things like animal illness.

Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

What do you mean by animal illness insurance ? In case of epidemy maybe. But if a single cow dies because of a disease or when it gives birth, it's the farmer loss.
    But the point is that insurance is not what will help farmer not being in debt. Even if the weather is perfect, farmers makes debt because they have more charges than revenues.

Country
    Liberia
    Post Thanks / Like

Moderator message by: Doraku
    All right guys, knock it off with the OOT discussion. More about the manga, please.

Country
    Liberia
    Post Thanks / Like

I like where this is going, I didn't expect that Mikage eventually has to go to college instead of helping her family to manage the farm.. If Mikage successfully enter the college, who knows that Hachiken would enroll in the same uni as well.

Either way, I'd love to see more interaction between Mikage and Hachiken.

Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes it's nice to see the evolution of their relationship. They form a real couple now. It's nice to see how itwas made very simply and not with 100 developments that you would find in a traditional romance manga.

MH's Most High Quality Poster 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member earthforge's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Mikage reminds me so much of my friend in biomedical physics. Incredibly bad with expressing her feelings, fond of horses, but really dedicated to her field of study. (But Mikage doesn't have nearly the same problem with stalkers.)

Regardless: good job Hachiken! I initially wasn't too fond of the two together, Hachiken's motives being all together too obvious, but he got a lot of respect from me in this chapter.
    Avatar © Chelsea Gordon, author of Not Quite Normal.

Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

I wonder what was the funniest, Hachiken as Napoleon or Chestnut as the horse from David's painting :-)

Country
    Liberia
    Post Thanks / Like

Hachiken's face in that chapter cover is more hilarious. I didn't expect that Arakawa would create a cover like that, she's so creative.

MH's Best Artist 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Maaan, Hachiken's father is aweful, but I'm glad he was able to say his opinion clearly. He surely learned a lot. Not only that, he also improved as a human.

Country
    Liberia
    Post Thanks / Like

Finally catching up with the latest three chapters. I love the moments when Hachiken's mother visiting her son's school, I think in some ways that kinda remind me of my own experience. That man bath Yogurt scene is also very funny. But probably the biggest plot development is when Hachiken finally able to make a rebuttal of his father's opinion, not instantly getting mental breakdown as he used to be.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Newkerzy's Avatar
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

Anime PV released:

Have to say, it looks to be quite sharp-looking. And I think Aki looks much better than in the manga. And just asking, I know Bones were the one who did FMA, but if I recall, Aniplex also had a hand in it too, no??

The 7 Dragons Of Fiore

MH's Best Artist 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000!
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Looks quite cool. Quite solid animation. Wonder how they'll translate certain comedy elements into the anime.

Last chapter was great, too.

New Reply
Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 LastLast