Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: Steins;Gate

MH Senpai 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! phio_chan's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Steins;Gate

This episode 22, dang it. XD
    I cried for Kurisu, a bit. I meant, it was very painful for her. She was going to be ripped off of everyone's world; with only Okarin remembered her, more or less it's almost like it never existed. Even the sewing didn't exist. That was just harsh. The romantic scenes were not only romantic but also painful, knowing that there is no way for them to be together. When she mentioned Okabe's name with such feeling, both longing and hurting... I just couldn't hold it. >__<

And my eyes widened on the ending! I thought the video was error because suddenly Daru-kun is talking.
    Let's see, where did that scene would occur? If we take it that your speculation inside the spoiler box is true, Ush, so Okarin-tachi went back in time a bit when they returned to the original world line because of the last D-mail undo? I couldn't believe it if he would kill Kurisu... though it is very possible given the situations. =___=

2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Ush's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Well that's what I'm assuming that he killed her, since Suzuha is telling him to prevent the future World War, and we can imagine with everything we've known to this point Kurisu is no doubt a major player in the terrible future SERN controls. Although I think in the first episode (this is confusing as hell) we hear FUTURE (current) Okabe screams as Kurisu dies, and the Okabe that sent the d-mail and changed the world lines run back and see who it was.. I'm not sure how there's 2 Okabes, but it's a possibility, that and the possibility someone else killed her.. Because at this point you have got to admit, it's hard to imagine Okabe would kill her. She's the one he loves and is romantically involved with.. he cares for Mayushii, but romantically I wouldn't say so.

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Yep. What Okarin felt for Mayuri was friendship love, but what Okarin felt for Kurisu was a truly romantic one. And I just couldn't imagine why he would go through such action, even if he did want to save the world from SERN's domination. *pokes Zeltrax and anyone else who is following Umineko series* I'm feeling like Battler now; I couldn't accept it's Okarin, but then it's hard to suspect someone else. XD But maybe it's Suzuha? Only Okarin and Suzuha have the biggest motivation to destroy SERN, so I really can't think of anyone else now.

I also couldn't imagine if there are two Okarin. The 'future' Okarin would be the one who made the 'past' Okarin, right? I really hate time travel exactly because of this. It becomes unclear which one happens first, like an egg and a chick. XD

5. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by phio_chan View Post
    Yep. What Okarin felt for Mayuri was friendship love, but what Okarin felt for Kurisu was a truly romantic one. And I just couldn't imagine why he would go through such action, even if he did want to save the world from SERN's domination. *pokes Zeltrax and anyone else who is following Umineko series* I'm feeling like Battler now; I couldn't accept it's Okarin, but then it's hard to suspect someone else. XD But maybe it's Suzuha? Only Okarin and Suzuha have the biggest motivation to destroy SERN, so I really can't think of anyone else now.

I also couldn't imagine if there are two Okarin. The 'future' Okarin would be the one who made the 'past' Okarin, right? I really hate time travel exactly because of this. It becomes unclear which one happens first, like an egg and a chick. XD
    Yeah but I just rewatched the first episode and somehow there is definitely two Okarins. If you recall when Kurisu first meets Okabe, she takes him out of the room saying 'you wanted to say something to me before, you looked very sad' but this Okabe had no idea what she was talking about.. He hadn't met her yet. Then after she was stabbed Okabe heard himself scream. I think from this we can infer Okabe (one we know right now) was trying to warn and save Kurisu, but by the time had he approached the murder scene she had already been killed.. or something. So I might take back what I said earlier, I don't think he killed her at all..

Can't wait to see next weeks episode now.
    Last edited by Ush; August 31, 2011 at 12:37 PM.

7. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Asarii's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

This episode was so heartbreaking in so many ways. Let me list a few Tearjerker moments:
    1. Okarin admitting that he's broken.
    2. Kurisu saying that even though she won't be in one timeline, she will still exist in another.
    3. The kiss: it's bittersweet because when Okarin goes back to the original timeline, he won't be able to share it with her again.
    4. Kurisu telling Okarin in her thoughts not to forget about her.
    5. Okarin giving Kurisu a gadget, and Kurisu giving Okarin a Dr. Pepper bottle.
    6. The stitch in the lab coat plus Daru and Mayuri's memories of Kurisu being gone.

I admire the fact that even though Okarin has feelings for Kurisu, he's still trying to protect Mayuri as much as he can. Something about the fact that he's able to express two different forms of love is what I like about him.

I knew that there are 24 episodes, but the last scene before the credits scared me. He's saying goodbye to the phone microwave and IBN 5100 while saying some concluding remarks typical of a finale. Then the scene after the ED reassured me that it's not over yet.

9. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ush View Post
    Yeah but I just rewatched the first episode and somehow there is definitely two Okarins. If you recall when Kurisu first meets Okabe, she takes him out of the room saying 'you wanted to say something to me before, you looked very sad' but this Okabe had no idea what she was talking about.. He hadn't met her yet. Then after she was stabbed Okabe heard himself scream. I think from this we can infer Okabe (one we know right now) was trying to warn and save Kurisu, but by the time had he approached the murder scene she had already been killed.. or something. So I might take back what I said earlier, I don't think he killed her at all..
    Whoa, such a detailed explanation. You even go back to watch the first episode? XD
    Hmm, okay, it makes sense for the sad-faced Okarin because he had known what would happen. But the question would be... Didn't they time leap? Time leap means that you transfer your memories to the past, right? So the idea of there were two Okarin there just didn't make sense. Or maybe this last time leap was different?

Quote Originally Posted by Asarii View Post
    I admire the fact that even though Okarin has feelings for Kurisu, he's still trying to protect Mayuri as much as he can. Something about the fact that he's able to express two different forms of love is what I like about him.

I knew that there are 24 episodes, but the last scene before the credits scared me. He's saying goodbye to the phone microwave and IBN 5100 while saying some concluding remarks typical of a finale. Then the scene after the ED reassured me that it's not over yet.
    Yep, even though he was completely broken and tortured because of that. XD
    I frowned as well, thinking about what we are going to have for the remaining two episodes if it had ended here. Then that scene. I was like, 'OMG, no more sadness please.'.~ XD

11. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Whoa, such a detailed explanation. You even go back to watch the first episode? XD
    Hmm, okay, it makes sense for the sad-faced Okarin because he had known what would happen. But the question would be... Didn't they time leap? Time leap means that you transfer your memories to the past, right? So the idea of there were two Okarin there just didn't make sense. Or maybe this last time leap was different?

I frowned as well, thinking about what we are going to have for the remaining two episodes if it had ended here. Then that scene. I was like, 'OMG, no more sadness please.'.~ XD
    Yeah he time leaped so I'm not really sure of the situation myself, I'm just making predictions as to what we seem to know right now.. Of course there are other questions raised by these predictions, but it's only a little longer till we'll get answers anyways!

I'm not sure at this point whether I'll be completely pleased with a happy ending.. I mean considering all the sacrifices a long the way, it'd be a slap in the face for it to end merrily. But I wouldn't mind it either..

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Asarii's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Hopefully things might look better for Okarin now that we're approaching the conclusion. That is, if the anime follows "good ending" route of the game. *crosses fingers*

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Looks like I was wrong. Haha the future Okarin thing was so funny. Looks like the anime is heading towards the true, perfect ending of the VN (or so I was told), so everyone will be happy in the theoretical 'Steins;gate' world line or something. Guess I was right about Okabe killing her, just not for the reasons I thought..

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Aww, such episode! One more to go before the final ending! I am getting quite optimistic here. Seems like the ending won't be as bad as what I thought.

At first I was surprised. Suzuha? With that clothes and that hairstyle? What happened? Then I remembered that we are now in a completely new world line, so of course she would still be alive. XD Mayuri stood out to do something, that's cool. Though she didn't really understand the pain of what Okarin had been gone through. The circumstances with Kurisu was different with Mayuri before, so I didn't really support her action, to be honest. XD When he stabbed Kurisu... I was like, 'Wow, our theory is almost correct!'. Cool, Ush. :3 The future Okarin is so awesome, hahaha~ I so love Okarin's twisted expression to once again return to his face. He was empty all of this time.

El Psy Congroo! <3

News Writer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zeltrax's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Aww..this 2 episodes were tear-breaking and epic.
    I really want to get hold of that epic song playing near the end.
    What can I say...
    Poor kurisu..and poor okarin.
    22 had packed so many emotions in one punch
    Sadness, sweetness, happiness..

and that ending part..it felt awesome, its like the story is saying
    "I won't accept this ending! I can't let it end like this! I will create a happy ending!"
    and whoa! Here comes the final battle.
    I might..be exaggerating a little tho.

I'm glad that I'm right about mayuri and okarin's relationship and I'm glad that everything is going the way it is..a happy ending.
    Now for the mad scientist final act!

I actually have a lot more to say in this post but..I'll leave everything for the final episode and I really can't find the words to describe my feelings so .. <_<

---------- Post added September 09, 2011 at 01:47 AM ---------- Previous post was September 08, 2011 at 11:17 PM ----------

Okay, i found it.
    the song that was being played at the end is actually the opening to the VN..awesome song.
    Here:

if anyone is interested in getting the song or want a link, feel free to pm me.
    Last edited by Zeltrax; September 09, 2011 at 02:55 AM.

17. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

It is, right? I was "awwwwwwwaaaa~~" when Okarin said that he could be careless about 5.7 billion people died in the future yet he couldn't let it go if he could save Kurisu. That was just sweet. He was torn completely; knowing what would happen if he tried to change it like he did with Mayuri (or so he thought at the beginning). I was sad looking at Okarin lately, but now that he had one more chance to hold on, he regained another power to fight.

That end song is quite awesome, though I still like Toki Tsukasadoru Juuni no Meiyaku, the first ending song better. I noticed that the opening (Hacking to the Gate) lyrics changed, singing the second verse and second chorus from the original song. So much for the final. XD

19. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I have no hesitation in saying Steins;gate will be the anime of the year, no doubt. I almost feel sad to see it end soon, as this is the first time I've bothered following an anime on a weekly basis and not dropped it, I've become attached

Once the VN is finished translation, I will definitely be picking up that!

Well it's all over, episode 24 is out. I actually felt really empty when it finished, but it was a ending that sufficed. Didn't make me feel unsatisfied at all. I loved every minute of this show. Anime show of the year.
    Last edited by Ush; September 13, 2011 at 09:00 PM.

21. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

It ended. Awww~
    I was dead surprised when Okarin... sacrificed himself. I honestly thought he was going to die in that situation. Who could survive? How much blood he had to take out? Whatever, this series doesn't make sense from the beginning. XD I'm glad it ended the way it is~ Quite an open ending, but at least it ended happily with an infinite possibility!

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

It ended. Awww~
    I was dead surprised when Okarin... sacrificed himself. I honestly thought he was going to die in that situation. Who could survive? How much blood he had to take out? Whatever, this series doesn't make sense from the beginning. XD I'm glad it ended the way it is~ Quite an open ending, but at least it ended happily with an infinite possibility!
    What? I'm confused, it had a pretty definitive ending lol. Did you not watch past the credits? The credits roll while its still going on you know. If you haven't then don't read the spoiler

Spoiler show

so wasn't really open :P

New Reply
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 LastLast