Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 600 by BadKarma
New Reply
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Steins;Gate

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Crude's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Steins;Gate

@destiny4ever: I'm pretty sure Christina/Cristina isn't Kurisu's actually name, but I will admit that its a nice fit ! I kind of like her more because her name is basically how mine would be in romanji (my name's Chris ).

Anyway, I'm really liking this series! It maintains the illusion that this all could happen due it being so realistic! All the time theories, John Titor, the IBN 5100, SERN (or should I say CERN ), etc... Plus the characters, the atmosphere, everything blends together perfectly. Everytime I watch an episode I have an immense desire to buy and play the game, which I can't seeing as I can't read Japanese. Also, I agree with Smithla's theory. That, or it's Okarin (Houoin Kyouma!).
    Can't wait for the next episode, hoping to see what importance Ruka and Feiris will have to the plot.

2. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Asarii's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

We should never judge a series based solely on the premiere. There are 21 episodes left so I'm sure the questions that are presented so far will be answered by the end. The biggest mystery for me is Makise: who killed her and why is she alive?

I found the first episode confusing and chaotic, but things started to settle in the next episode. My favourite scene so far was when the gel banana returned to its bunch. It was a moment of discovery that innovators experience.

Rather than a story involving time travel, the series seems to focus on the theories of time travel instead. I hope John Titor will appear later on.

4. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    News Writer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zeltrax's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

my friend ruined it for me when he spoiled this episode.
    Shall stop discussing Steins;gate with him anymore..

Anyway, Okarin and "Chris" interaction is funny to watch and as destiny has mentioned, that perverted argument left me laughing for sometime.
    I wonder why the microwave oven exploded tho, was it because of the phone? Will it explode everytime it is used?
    I lol'd at haker and hacker and then surprised that he actually lived up to his reputation when he hacked into SERN.
    I don't think anyone of the characters is John titor but some of them are members of Sern, it's highly possible.
    And what if chris is part of sern? But she's brought back to life because of a time machine sern has.
    Too far-fetched I guess
    Anyone thinks that john and okarin have alot in common? Like they are both "fighting" against sern and people thinks that they are both delusional(the internet part got to me, lol "Dude,shut up already!") ? Also, that they are both into time travelling.
    Maybe they are related somehow or something.

6. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zeltrax View Post
    I wonder why the microwave oven exploded tho, was it because of the phone? Will it explode everytime it is used?
    I'm not a science person at all, but I'm assuming the explosion was because of radioactive energy/wavelength that the objects both emitted. The phone gave that microwave an extra jolt, and Mayuri pulled the trigger when she opened the door too soon.

Quote Quote:
    Anyone thinks that john and okarin have alot in common? Like they are both "fighting" against sern and people thinks that they are both delusional(the internet part got to me, lol "Dude,shut up already!") ? Also, that they are both into time travelling.
    Maybe they are related somehow or something.
    I'm wonder if John Titor and Okarin have a connection as well. They're both obsessively fascinated by time travel and going against the "organization" (SERN). John Titor could turn out to be an ally or an enemy; they may be similar on the surface but I have a feeling that the two are actually very different deep down.

8. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Crude's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

The microwave bit also confused me a little. The only thing that happens when I open my microwave when it's on is it stops. I do know that if I were to break it open it would probably do something similar to what happened in the episode, just no so big.

10. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

The microwave they had was fixed so it would spin the other way; if memory serves me right the direction was counterclockwise. I'm no electrician/radiologist, but I think that might be one of the reasons why the microwave reacted the way it did. Also, the anime is fiction so we have to suspend our disbelief a little.

Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

G-Back = Jibaku
    Really like this funny episode although the only development is finding the portable computer.
    Okarin and Christina make a great team
    Really like the laundry scene that had me laughing and the shrine part, "some things are pretty not knowing"

Anyway, for actual progress I think that the man 10 years ago is John Titor and he probably predicted alot/everything about what is going to happen in the future. I was hoping for more contact this episode between Okarin and John but oh well.
    Seems like Christina have a sad past and that his father was researching time travelling..and made a mistake.
    I wonder if that cost his life or something happened to his father for her to act like this.
    Anyway, I really like steins;gate now

MH's Funniest Member 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity digitaldude's Avatar
    Country
    Marine Headquarters
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't have much to say about steins gate as you have already said the most that could be said, I'd just like to say this series rocks! so far.

I am a little worried it might end up like chaos head though, chaos head started strongly but got worse and worse towards the end, still steins gate is better than chaos head in my opinion.

Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by digitaldude View Post
    I am a little worried it might end up like chaos head though, chaos head started strongly but got worse and worse towards the end, still steins gate is better than chaos head in my opinion.
    DD
    I agree with chaos;head, some parts near the end got really weird at least Okarin is a better main character than Chaos;head's one .
    And chaos;head is not as funny!

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I also love the humor sprinkled throughout the show. It might get more serious later on as we uncover the mystery bit by bit. What I like about Okarin is that he's crazy and tries his hardest to act like an evil scientist. Meanwhile Christina is a rational, cool-headed individual so she's a great contrast to his character.

Right now it seems as if they're testing out the time travel theory, but Okarin's dream seems indicative that actually apply those concepts themselves. Now that I think about it, it's actually very likely since there's still the mystery about Kurisu's "death" in the first episode. Perhaps Okarin will try to prevent that from happening.

I'm keeping an eye on Amane because she seems more central than she appears.
    Last edited by Asarii; May 15, 2011 at 11:42 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

16. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Koshi_Inaba's Avatar
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

Just read the entire the walkthrough of the VN, man if they adapted the ending well, it's going to be a tear jerker and heartwarming moment at the same time

18. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MH's Most Friendly Member 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity destiny4ever's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Koshi_Inaba View Post
    Just read the entire the walkthrough of the VN, man if they adapted the ending well, it's going to be a tear jerker and heartwarming moment at the same time
    I haven’t watched this series in a few weeks and I was just about to drop it, but thanks to your comment, I’m going to try to find a way to catch up with it. Your comment has sparked my interest in this series once again and I’m very curious about the ending of the series now. Thank you so very much for that comment about the VN!
    Thank you so much for my cute avy GenjiChan!

Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

In case you want to read it:
    http://naomi.thewafflehouse.net/sg/index.html
    http://www.teamliquid.net/blogs/view...opic_id=179456

Finally watch the VN thanks to a friend, the last dialogue between Makise and Okabe is really great, both funny and touching at the same time

21. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Now I'm getting really excited because Okarin finally managed to time travel and didn't turn into jelly! The little mishap about the lottery ticket was unfortunate, but I don't think Okarin minded about not winning since he still got the result he expected.

It still puzzles me as to why he still has the memory of the other time stream. Perhaps John Titor knows the reason why despite being ambiguous about it in the text.

Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

Okarin's ability will be elaborated later on the series, trust me on that one

New Reply
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast