Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/7/14 - 7/13/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 502 by kewl0210 , Bleach 588 (2)
New Reply
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: Steins;Gate

News Writer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zeltrax's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Steins;Gate

A funny yet very sad and romantic episode for me
    This is what I've been saying from the start! Don't mess with time Okarin!
    What hurts the most must have been when he heard ruka said that if this is the way how things goes, he would
    have never wished to be a girl. So basically, he did more harm than good although he never intended to.
    I'm too lazy sad and deprived now to actually speculate on the next episode but if I have to say,
    Moeka's dmail will probably be the hardest to undo since I'm guessing she's with SERN since the start of Steins;gate
    and joining might be her motive from the start.
    Other than that sad part in this episode, the rest was very funny, really good comedy
    VIRGIN!
    AMERICAN VIRGIN!

ok..I should probably stop.

I hope feyris and ruka's role in the story are not over yet and I'm sure that they'll do something later in the story.
    Oh and Okarin is a really sweet guy, he could had just sent that dmail and change her back to a guy
    but before that he gave her a nice memory.
    and Kurisu is jealous

Global Moderator 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! phio_chan's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

LOL~ So true. That joke about a virgin asking another virgin is just too much.
    Hmm, Feyris and Ruka since the beginning have only been some kind of side characters to brighten things up a bit, right? I imagine that their role from now on would mostly try to cheer Okarin a bit, but looking at them would make him sad, I guess. And Kurisu is jealous. Sitting like that in the cafe, asking for a consultation, she might have asked for a short date herself. XD

Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by phio_chan View Post
    LOL~ So true. That joke about a virgin asking another virgin is just too much.
    This is the first anime that I've watched that a girl admitted that she's a virgin...and I watched quite alot of animes..
    Quote Quote:
    Hmm, Feyris and Ruka since the beginning have only been some kind of side characters to brighten things up a bit, right? I imagine that their role from now on would mostly try to cheer Okarin a bit, but looking at them would make him sad, I guess.
    To sidetrack a little. Actually, in the visual novel they play pretty important roles and have their own "routes" and own "endings" if I'm not wrong unless Steins;gate is a linear visual novel. I'm not sure but I really hope they do something in the future too
    But I guess I'm more interested in Okarin, Kurisu and Mayushi than them
    Quote Quote:
    And Kurisu is jealous. Sitting like that in the cafe, asking for a consultation, she might have asked for a short date herself. XD
    Well....
    she's in love

4. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Asarii's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

That is true. But I think so far only Kurisu would know right away that Mayuri would die in each time line. Well, because compared to everyone else Kurisu might be the wisest person and the member Okarin can talk to about jumping from one time line to another to save her.
    Yeah, you're right. Okarin connects with Kurisu really well on a mental level so he feels most comfortable confiding in her about their situation. Daru can probably understand, but he's more of a technical rather than a theoretical guy.

Quote Quote:
    Yes, it's similar to what had happened with Feyris. Again, Okarin 'triggered' them to remember the memory of their previous life. Doesn't it sound like this time line after they sent the D-mail doesn't actually exist, given that they can still remember who they are or how they live before? It's weird how everyone can suddenly remembered what happened before D-mails were sent. :/
    They may remember the other timeline in great detail OR it may be kept unconsciously. Now that I think about it, I'm sure Feyris and Ruka having knowledge about what happened in a different timeline will affect the time-space continuum... thing. Okarin himself being aware is enough. XD

Quote Originally Posted by Ush View Post
    Well since the dmail had been sent back actually, the Male Ruka does not remember anything a tall. Okabe could trigger his memories like he did with the Female one, and Feyris but he chose not to, just as he chose not to trigger Feyris's memories after he undid her dmail saving her father. Why? Because he doesn't want them to remember the changed future in which they were happier. It would just make living in the new one more painful. So no, they don't remember their alternate lives now.
    What about the alternative that they remember those events unconsciously? It's sort of like people who block out a traumatic memory (although in this case, the memories are a happy one): they may not remember much in great detail, but their unconscious mind still does.

Quote Quote:
    Looking forward to the Moeka episode though, as she is shrouded in the biggest mystery. Not to mention she works for SERN, so the dmail she sent could be interesting, and hard for Okabe to revert (she's their enemy after all). I want to know the identity of FB too haha.
    I can't wait for the final showdown (?) between Okarin and Moeka. It's interesting how even though SERN is the antagonist, they're never actually shown as characters. Moeka is the exception, but even so, we don't know what her role is in the organization apart from giving orders.

6. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Ush's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow Steins Gate 19 was too good. Turns out Moeka isn't as important as we thought she might be, so I don't know what she was talking about the pictures to prove she had been there...

But wow it's getting pretty exciting now. Looks like Okabe is nearing a direct confrontation with SERN and the guys behind it. I think there's only about 4 episodes more though isn't there? I think I read it's slated for 24-25 episodes.. I'm not sure if that's what they estimated early and now they'll extend it a little, or if that's the final total count.

Then again it does look like pretty much all the loose ends are being wrapped up and such.. so it ending in 4 episodes seems plausible.

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes, Steins;Gate was planned to end in 24 episodes. Looking at how it's going at the moment, I also think that it is very possible that 4 episodes would be enough to conclude the story. Hopefully they would do it without leaving plot holes, or else I'll be mad. XD

I've just seen episode 19. I'd say Moeka's role in stealing IBN 5100 is important. She is asked to befriend Okarin and be part of the lab member, then lead him in a way to another until they can secure IBN 5100 which would prevent Okarin from knowing what SERN had done and shape the future the way SERN wanted it to be.

I'm confused about something. After Okarin undo the first D-mail about Moeka changing her phone, it didn't work at first, right? Moeka still changed her phone. But when Okarin undo the second D-mail about stealing IBN 5100, the phone was different; she didn't change the phone. What actually happened there? Okarin said himself that Reading Steiner was not activated. Was it my imagination? O__o

At any rate, it's getting closer to the end. I so can't wait to see the real identity of FB and SERN. I have a bad feeling that FB might be someone close to Okarin, or someone he knows... But anyway, I'm expecting the best final plot twist. XD

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes, Steins;Gate was planned to end in 24 episodes. Looking at how it's going at the moment, I also think that it is very possible that 4 episodes would be enough to conclude the story. Hopefully they would do it without leaving plot holes, or else I'll be mad. XD

I've just seen episode 19. I'd say Moeka's role in stealing IBN 5100 is important. She is asked to befriend Okarin and be part of the lab member, then lead him in a way to another until they can secure IBN 5100 which would prevent Okarin from knowing what SERN had done and shape the future the way SERN wanted it to be.

I'm confused about something. After Okarin undo the first D-mail about Moeka changing her phone, it didn't work at first, right? Moeka still changed her phone. But when Okarin undo the second D-mail about stealing IBN 5100, the phone was different; she didn't change the phone. What actually happened there? Okarin said himself that Reading Steiner was not activated. Was it my imagination? O__o

At any rate, it's getting closer to the end. I so can't wait to see the real identity of FB and SERN. I have a bad feeling that FB might be someone close to Okarin, or someone he knows... But anyway, I'm expecting the best final plot twist. XD
    You must have missed the part right after that, they said something like the past Moeka was told/told herself not to listen to any d-mails from the future or something, so she didn't believe the d-mail that was sent and only listened to FB. That bit was kind of confusing for me too.

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

So at first she didn't believe in strange future e-mails because she listened to FB, but when Okarin sent the second D-mail about stealing IBN 5100 she somehow changed her mind and the phone changed? I still didn't understand this part. XD

Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Ok...steins;gate just went from emotional to dramatic and..punching face..

Anyway, I like this episode. Had me at the screen the entire time.
    That scene with moeka and all that fighting was awkward..and I'm not surprised at Okarin's rage.
    Moeka is not..mentally stable..but I can understand her, loneliness and having someone to rely on..and you
    start to always rely on that person emotionally . For her case, its obsessive.

More kurisu and okarin scenes, "you're not alone"
    Okarin (and us) probably already got used to the time leaping.
    I'm pretty sure in order for the twist to work, fb have to be someone completely unexpected..that will wow me
    so I'm looking forward to it.
    I enjoyed the pacing of steins;gate so far although others might beg to differ. It really feels like we are near
    the end and all the loose ends will be tied up, including the biggest one of all, kurisu's death in episode 1.

Man, this anime have came a long way

12. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I totally agree with you!

Moeka's obsessiveness is somehow scary for me, and also sad. Because she doesn't seem to have someone else who actually appreciate her existence (even though FB ditched her at the end as well). She would do anything to protect that only thing she has, even desperate for it. Poor Moeka. I hated her for killing Mayuri just because Mayuri had nothing to do with the time travel stuffs, but I think I could understand why she is like that.

Okarin and Kurisu. Okarin called Kurisu "Kurisu" more often lately, don't you think? He is very depressed with all these things. Poor Okarin. Do you think Kurisu acted like that because somehow she had the memories of what happened before Okarin did the time leap? *hopeful thinking for a tiny bit of romance* Anyhow, I don't think their story would go well, though.

Haha, from almost dropping this anime at the beginning to grow this attached to this series now, I sure have gone a long way with this. XD

Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Moeka's obsessiveness is somehow scary for me, and also sad. Because she doesn't seem to have someone else who actually appreciate her existence (even though FB ditched her at the end as well). She would do anything to protect that only thing she has, even desperate for it. Poor Moeka. I hated her for killing Mayuri just because Mayuri had nothing to do with the time travel stuffs, but I think I could understand why she is like that
    I wonder if that time when she became a lab member and if Okarin spent more time talking to her...will the outcome be the same? I mean if only they interacted more.. and when I saw that flashback of her joining the lab in the other timeline the first thing
    that came to my mind was "FB is one of the lab members!!!1" but then, Moeka killed Mayuri in that similar timeline and captured the other members so that's not possible unless after she capture them she realized that one of them is fb.
    So that means even after joining the lab and interacting with okabe and the rest..she still have no feelings towards them when she killed them..or that her feelings towards fb are stronger.
    That's pretty sad.

Quote Quote:
    Okarin and Kurisu. Okarin called Kurisu "Kurisu" more often lately, don't you think? He is very depressed with all these things. Poor Okarin. Do you think Kurisu acted like that because somehow she had the memories of what happened before Okarin did the time leap? *hopeful thinking for a tiny bit of romance* Anyhow, I don't think their story would go well, though.
    Pretty sure things are set up this way for a bawl fest or maybe not, I'm not sure anymore.
    I do find it weird that kurisu have no memories of the other timelines when the others have..

Quote Quote:
    Haha, from almost dropping this anime at the beginning to grow this attached to this series now, I sure have gone a long way with this. XD
    Yeah, the beginning of steins started off rather weak but it gradually gets better. First time watchers might drop it because of that but there's no doubt about how good it is for me.
    You are attached to steins;gate and I thought I was the only mad fanboy

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zeltrax View Post
    I wonder if that time when she became a lab member and if Okarin spent more time talking to her...will the outcome be the same? I mean if only they interacted more.. and when I saw that flashback of her joining the lab in the other timeline the first thing
    that came to my mind was "FB is one of the lab members!!!1" but then, Moeka killed Mayuri in that similar timeline and captured the other members so that's not possible unless after she capture them she realized that one of them is fb.
    So that means even after joining the lab and interacting with okabe and the rest..she still have no feelings towards them when she killed them..or that her feelings towards fb are stronger.
    That's pretty sad.
    I don't think it would change too much, really. Her loyalty and devotion towards FB is awesome, but it's killing her too. She actually had the chance to extend her world (shown from the flashbacks, I think she actually enjoyed the time she spent with another lab members as well) but she didn't take that chance. Which now leads to the fact that she is all alone. Maybe she is ditched by FB because she's no longer useful?

I couldn't imagine one of the lab members as FB. I couldn't imagine the mess it would have created if that is true. XD

Pretty sure things are set up this way for a bawl fest or maybe not, I'm not sure anymore.
    I do find it weird that kurisu have no memories of the other timelines when the others have..
    Others, you mean Feyris and Ruka? I think she has them, but like what happened to others, she needs to be triggered. Perhaps her conversation with Okarin is not strong enough to trigger another memories. ...Or could it be that Kurisu had a special skill totally opposite to Okarin? XD

Yeah, the beginning of steins started off rather weak but it gradually gets better. First time watchers might drop it because of that but there's no doubt about how good it is for me.
    You are attached to steins;gate and I thought I was the only mad fanboy
    I am attached to the series, and even more attached to the soundtracks. And don't worry, you have a partner of fangirl here, though I'm not sure if I'm mad or not.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Asarii's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

First impression: woah there, Okarin. I understand his anger, but I never expected him to go to physical lengths. I was happy when he managed to get the cellphone and send the message. However, the jubilation was short-lived when it turns out that the D-mail didn't work... twice.

Moeka is clearly a psychologically broken person, and it's clear that all she wants is acceptance. Even though she was in contact with FB before meeting the lab members, what were her emotions when Okarin invited her into his group?

Another thing I'm wondering about is what FB stands for. Is it someone's initial or is it an acronym of an organization? My first thought went to Facebook.

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

What I'm curious about is how FB could know so much and tell Moeka to go act around Okarin to get a position as one of the lab members. This FB couldn't possible receive a message from the future as well, right?

FB, FaceBook, yeah. Sometimes I think of that. Or, in other situations, it reminds me of "Future Gadget". Quite similar to what Daru did to name his works. I'm not accusing Daru of anything, lol, but that thought sometimes comes to me.

I'm really confused about the time line now. Which is the trigger and which is the cause can't be distinguished easily again. XD

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

What I'm curious about is how FB could know so much and tell Moeka to go act around Okarin to get a position as one of the lab members. This FB couldn't possible receive a message from the future as well, right?

FB, FaceBook, yeah. Sometimes I think of that. Or, in other situations, it reminds me of "Future Gadget". Quite similar to what Daru did to name his works. I'm not accusing Daru of anything, lol, but that thought sometimes comes to me.

I'm really confused about the time line now. Which is the trigger and which is the cause can't be distinguished easily again. XD
    Well it seems the trigger this time couldn't be distinguished as easily because somehow Moeka planned all of this and only took orders from FB or something.. I'm still a bit confused on the part about telling herself where to find the IBN 5100 she listened to that, but she wouldn't listen to any other directions? Didn't the episode tell something about only taking orders from FB, so perhaps she only followed that text message because FB told her to, and not to follow the one saying it was a trap? I'll have to rewatch that because that was certainly confusing..

New Reply
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast