Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/7/14 - 7/13/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 502 by kewl0210 , Bleach 588 (2)
New Reply
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Steins;Gate

News Writer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zeltrax's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Steins;Gate

Anyway, just watched episode 6 and 7, that girl with the spectacles..is..suspicious, there must be some reason for her persistence for wanting to get IBN 5100.
    then, there's girl in the tv shop, I'm pretty sure now that she is related to time travelling and etc...
    There's a chance that okarin might create a paradox in the future, I mean, this power is cool and all but it is very dangerous when put to use.

Anyway, we get to see Okarin's sweet sight during the phone part and I have to say that they chose the right VA for his kind of character

Oh and I bet that John titor is either one of the cast or okarin from the future.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Asarii's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Koshi_Inaba View Post
    Okarin's ability will be elaborated later on the series, trust me on that one
    I can't wait! I'm trying to avoid spoilers at all costs so I have no clue what that may be.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeltrax View Post
    There's a chance that okarin might create a paradox in the future, I mean, this power is cool and all but it is very dangerous when put to use.
    I agree. There are still the unanswered questions such as Kurisu appearing dead in the beginning of the series. I'm sure there was some kind of paradox involved.

Quote Quote:
    Anyway, we get to see Okarin's sweet sight during the phone part and I have to say that they chose the right VA for his kind of character
    It was adorable when he was talking to Mayuri. The VA manages to pull off a soft tone and a maniacal one very well.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Koshi_Inaba's Avatar
    Country
    Indonesia
    Post Thanks / Like

Reading Steiner revealed. Things just got better from here.

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Koshi_Inaba View Post
    Reading Steiner revealed. Things just got better from here.
    Since you seem to know the entire story: don't say too much! Things got a lot interesting now.

It was adorable how the miko wanted Okarin to use the time travel in order to be a girl. The cross-dressing scene seemed a bit fanservice-y, but I didn't mind.

Obviously the mother eating vegetables won't make him a girl since it's the role of the father to determine the sex. However, I think Okarin's intuition is right and that there was perhaps a drastic change when the text was changed. After all he "changed" the timeline quite far back in the past- nearly two decades encompasses a lot more time than a week for example.

Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Honestly, I don't think doing such experiments is such a good idea..You'll have to bear the responsibilities for what happen and only you have the memories and the chances of creating a paradox, IMO, is very very high.

But its hard to resist if I'm in his shoes...

Quote Quote:
    The cross-dressing scene seemed a bit fanservice-y, but I didn't mind.
    I-If he wasn't a she..

Quote Quote:
    Obviously the mother eating vegetables won't make him a girl since it's the role of the father to determine the sex. However, I think Okarin's intuition is right and that there was perhaps a drastic change when the text was changed. After all he "changed" the timeline quite far back in the past- nearly two decades encompasses a lot more time than a week for example.
    Actually we're not sure if his sex really changed or not, all we are seeing is Okarin's perspective so he might be wrong and she may just be flat-chested/small chest.
    Yeah, I agree about the drastic change.
    Something small usually spark something bigger and bigger..

Oh that aside, my fav scene was when Kurisu touched his chest...
    and then after that, "depression mode"

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I-If he wasn't a she..
    Even as a boy I'm sure there were some people who squee'd at that scene, ha ha.

Quote Quote:
    Actually we're not sure if his sex really changed or not, all we are seeing is Okarin's perspective so he might be wrong and she may just be flat-chested/small chest.
    Yeah, I agree about the drastic change.
    Something small usually spark something bigger and bigger..
    My guess it that Ruka is still a boy BUT something else changed. That change might not be related to the lab members like it did with Moeka or the lottery ticket, but society as a whole might be different now. For example there might be a vegetables outage.

Quote Quote:
    Oh that aside, my fav scene was when Kurisu touched his chest...
    and then after that, "depression mode"
    That scene was funny too. Kurisu is a genius, but she couldn't deduce this "mystery".

Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Creepy episode..well at least at the end it was creepy.
    So now things start to get messed up
    The message ferris sent to the pass should be something like "telling his father not to go out on a specific day" or something? So that he won't end up in an accident, anyway we know that his father is the main cause of MOE culture.
    That's why I said its no good to change the past..but I bet okarin is going to use it again anyway.

Oh and I really laugh hard at the phone conversation between him and christina, the two of them together is always so funny
    and Daru is annoying me
    But I'm still curious about something, the IBN-5100..the reason it was given to the shrine was because his father died or know he was going to die in an accident and gave it to the shrine? Either way his father had to be dead in order for it to end up in the shrine, but right now and even before his father is "revived" it isn't there..maybe also because of the "veggies" message from the previous episode somehow the IBN didn't end up there? ..

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I co-sign that the end of the episode was creepy. I never knew one thing could change something so much, but it did! It probably has something to do with the father being present when he (presumably) was dead. His occupation counts too. I still wonder how "eating vegetables" caused the IBN 5100 to disappear from the shrine.

So far Okarin has been through four timelines that we know of: A (where the lottery e-mail was sent by Moeka), B (Ruka's wish was sent) and C (Rumika's wish was sent) and D (current). I think there's one more. :S It might be a good idea to keep track whenever he jumps through time.

---------- Post added June 08, 2011 at 08:46 PM ---------- Previous post was June 06, 2011 at 01:32 AM ----------

So... Ruka is a girl. I'd rather know how the IBN 5100 disappeared though.

After the shock of all moe culture disappearing, I found it odd that Okarin decided to send a D-mail just for the sake of bringing Amane back. It was nice of him to do that, but I wonder if that affected anything considering how "John Titor" is her father. There were nice Okarin/Mayushii and Okarin/Kurisu moments in this episode. XD It surprised me that Okarin is underage and that Mayushii knew him since elementary school.

Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Am I the only one that think that there is the possibility of Okarin being amane's father..?
    Quote Quote:
    There were nice Okarin/Mayushii and Okarin/Kurisu moments in this episode. XD It surprised me that Okarin is underage and that Mayushii knew him since elementary school.
    And they were all erased because of the message he sent back to the past all of those moments were erased
    and the memory of those moments only exist in okarin's mind.
    Well actually Okarin is not that old and I'm really starting to like his character. If only he knows when to stop sending those d-mails.
    Okarin said that even if past events changed, their bonds won't. But I don't think he's even sure of that, he was wrong about Ruka's gender
    so I think in the future something will happen that cause their separation. Esp christina since she looks like she'll pay an important role.

Still..who was that who sent "I'm watching you"

---------- Post added at 09:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:09 PM ----------

I think the biggest pain for Okarin will be when Mayushi forgets all about him.
    She is very important to him.

---------- Post added June 23, 2011 at 12:38 AM ---------- Previous post was June 10, 2011 at 09:10 PM ----------

Episode 12
    Wow..I never expected the ending.
    Poor Okarin
    It just came so suddenly and I was right about Moeka..I hope I'm not going to be right about Kurisu
    I think Okarin is obviously going to use the time machine in the future to get mayuri back, that is if he managed to get away from Sern.

---------- Post added July 01, 2011 at 05:16 AM ---------- Previous post was June 23, 2011 at 12:38 AM ----------

Am I the only one talking to myself here?
    Episode 13 was really hard for me to watch, I can't even imagine what Okarin
    was going through. I don't think I can mentally or emotionally take that and I believe
    that this process will keep repeating.."a time loop" , like some kind of eternal torture.

Poor Mayushii
    It's sad but it seems that its destined for her to die on that day..
    and the probability to survive is 1 is to 100 or something..

Steins;gate got really good this past episodes as expected and I'm glad I'm following it.

Global Moderator 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! phio_chan's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Steins;gate got really good this past episodes as expected and I'm glad I'm following it.
    Really? I've just seen the first episode and to be honest, I was completely confused. I read the summary of the whole series, but the first episode barely show anything related to the series. So I wonder if I should continue it or not. ^^"

Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Ohmywhataconcidencetoseeyouhere
    I just posted too
    You should, it gets boring or really confusing sometimes
    but I can tell you this for sure, the 13 episodes are worth it.
    Uh..but you know..
    you just got spoiled by reading this thread

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

You seem to be surprised to see me here, mwahaha~ :3

Nope, I didn't read any previous pages or posts. I didn't actually read your post; I only skimmed through it very quickly and saw that last sentence you put there.

Hmmm, if you say so then, I suppose I'll try to give this series a try. Wish me luck. :cry

Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

You don't have to force yourself
    But it's not bad at all so maybe you'll end up loving it after all.
    Do give it a few episodes
    I hope someone comes and discuss it with me soon tho..thread seems so..

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Haha, no, I'm not forcing myself. I'm curious, really. Turning a microwave into a communication device? And being chased for that? I wonder what actually happens behind it. XD

Wait for me, Zelx, I'll come discuss it with you soon enough!

15. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Translator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member BakaHaze's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Hm. Steiner's gate huh? How many eps is it, Zeltrax?

Also, is it like some sorta half-dodgy ending, like Chaos; Head?

I mean, Steiner's Gate also came from a visual novel, there's no way they could possibly cover all the story properly in like 12 episodes, like they tried with C;H.
    ~Haze - 羡慕嫉妒恨! ^^ ~嶺上開花!!~

New Reply
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast