Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/22/14 - 9/28/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 761 by cnet128 , Bleach 597 (2) , Gintama 511 by kewl0210
New Reply
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: Steins;Gate

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Asarii's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Steins;Gate

Quote Originally Posted by phio_chan View Post
    What I'm curious about is how FB could know so much and tell Moeka to go act around Okarin to get a position as one of the lab members. This FB couldn't possible receive a message from the future as well, right?
    Way back in the earlier episodes, Moeka was stalking taking pictures of Okarin. It's still too soon to say whether it was a mere coincidence (Moeka just felt like it) or FB ordered her to keep watch. I'm not sure about whether FB received the future messages, but it seems as if s/he knows about time travel and Okarin to a certain extent.

I'm confusing myself.

2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! phio_chan's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I think we are all confused and in return confusing each other.
    It feels as if we have forgotten the base where we should stand; everything becomes unclear to me which happens first. It's like a cycle, and some points of the cycle is missing that it doesn't make sense. This series has to pay that for me for the remaining episodes. :3

About Moeka, I have a hunch that she actually knew what she was doing when she started to stalk Okarin back then. Judging from the characteristic who didn't like to interact with people unless it was truly needed (which we found out lately), I think it would be pretty strange for her to be so hooked to Okarin. Of course none of them or us knew about this at that time. I guess. *shrugs*

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Ush's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

We'll probably find the answers in the next few episodes, as it'll explain how FB was controlling everything from behind the scenes. So that will shed a little light on how all these situations occurred..

The episode could not come out fast enough! ><

5. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner zc1995's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Tu-duruuu!!it's quite a sad anime....

Moderator message by: Asarii
    Welcome to Mangaheplers and the Steins;Gate thread! Be careful with one-liners in the future though.
    Last edited by Asarii; August 17, 2011 at 10:41 PM.
    Don't confuse yourself between Fantasy and Reality...

7. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    News Writer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zeltrax's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by zc1995 View Post
    HEY! Someone from my sunny island
    Hi there! Welcome to this thread(and mh), I look forward to your replies.
    and yes its sad..

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by zc1995 View Post
    Welcome to MH and to Steins;Gate thread, zc1995!
    I agree that it's a sad anime. It started off mysterious and confusing; I thought that was how this series going to be until the end. I didn't expect all this sadness. But that only makes the series even better, as it adds up more sides of the plot. >__<

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Steins;gate 20 was pretty amazing, I don't even know what to say. Pretty much wrapped together a lot of loose ends and confirmed some predictions (I had a feeling FB was Mr. Braun, all the people so far have been close to them). And I like how Okabe just realized Kurisu will die in the beta timeline just now, I mean people were wondering that like 8-10 episodes ago :P

But his explanation did refresh my memory as to why the beta timeline Mayuri and everybody is safe... it makes so much sense. Because Kurisu is dead, the time machine is never made and she never works for SERN, so they never dominate the world. It's all so simple!

Oh and here's a post I read about what happened in the Visual Novel part of the episode, too bad they left out what would of been really shocking lol. Sounds really interesting (it's mainly the 2nd paragraph)

Spoiler show
    Last edited by Ush; August 16, 2011 at 10:44 PM.

11. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Wait, so am I to believe that Kurisu is currently spying for sern ?
    But that won't make sense.
    Anyway guess we're up to the climax with 4 episodes left.. I look forward to the solution that
    Okabe can come up with to solve the situation that saves both Kurisu and Mayuri .

I actually know somewhere inside me that its Mr.Braun.
    If we minus the obvious, the ones that are predictable, the only side character is him.
    So its not that surprising. What took me was the suicide
    Finally, the IBN5100 and now...!

more sadness.

@ Ush
    I think there's a lot of paths and timelines in the VN and the anime is only adapting the "true story" with the true ending.
    I'm pretty sure other timelines involving other characters are also pretty..gruesome and surprising.
    So I'm really glad you posted that. Really sad to hear.

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Dang this episode. I had suspected that it would be someone close to them, but I hadn't thought that it could be Mr. Braun. I was surprised when I saw him first taking that IBN 5100 and sent it to France, but for him being that FB himself, and to put such a tragic end to both himself and Moeka... Argh~ So depressing~ SERN is a pathetic and a cunning organization. To make use of people who is desperate and need a reason to live, heh.

And that face Okarin made when he realized what it means to undo the first D-mail. Is he stupiiiiddd for not realizing it beforeee? I think he's just too occupied to find a way to save Mayuri that he forgot about that. *sigh* Okarin is dead in his life. Unable to choose between those two. He now enters the eternal torture world. XD

Quote Originally Posted by Ush View Post
    But his explanation did refresh my memory as to why the beta timeline Mayuri and everybody is safe... it makes so much sense. Because Kurisu is dead, the time machine is never made and she never works for SERN, so they never dominate the world. It's all so simple!
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeltrax View Post
    Wait, so am I to believe that Kurisu is currently spying for sern ?
    But that won't make sense.
    I can't think of Kurisu working for SERN as well. I couldn't push myself to find a reason why Kurisu would turn her back like that. But I remember something about her issues with her father, about not wanting to make the same mistake like her father. Would this be related? At any rate, it would at least be clear that the time machine wouldn't be created so SERN wouldn't be able to dominate the world.

So much sadness.

And Ush, that thing inside the spoiler... Too many deaths. O.o Now I wish I could see the VN as well, as I wonder just how many plot branch we could have. I'm somehow glad that the anime didn't take that path; I think it would be too hard for the viewers.

---------- Post added at 04:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:01 PM ----------

Spoiler show
    I'm confused.

Spoiler show

14. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Well we don't know under the circumstances Kurisu could be working for SERN in the future, but its pretty plausible she's a good guy for the moment. But it seems no matter what happens either she has to die or live for the world to be either dominated or not by SERN.

And about that Nae thing:
    Spoiler show

And about the plot branches, the anime does a pretty good job of sticking to the MAIN story which happens through the VN, but skips the detail sub plot things you can do (ex. When he was getting Feyris to change the dmail, in the VN they looked for alternatives to save her father etc.)

Yea Zeltrax I think there's a few other instances in the VN like that, but apparently that's the most awesome one.

But I mean, reading it again it's totally understandable as to why they couldn't include that huh.. :P

Spoiler show
    Last edited by Ush; August 17, 2011 at 01:01 PM.

16. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Asarii's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

The visual novel part of the episode is surprising. I guess the producers left out that detail because it would be hard to develop that many characters within the number of episodes they have.

I didn't expect Mr. Braun to be FB, but it makes sense. He was always called by his last name, and his first name was never mentioned (to the best of my knowledge). It's sad that a man who was disguising himself as a "caring mother" would turn around and get rid of Moeka like that. Especially when he would never abandon Nae as a father... on second thought, he sort of did with the suicide. I wonder if Suzuha knew anything about his involvement with SERN during the time she spent working at his shop.

Quote Originally Posted by phio_chan View Post
    And that face Okarin made when he realized what it means to undo the first D-mail. Is he stupiiiiddd for not realizing it beforeee? I think he's just too occupied to find a way to save Mayuri that he forgot about that. *sigh* Okarin is dead in his life. Unable to choose between those two. He now enters the eternal torture world. XD
    Oh, yes... It loops around in a circle now. He was desperately trying to save Mayuri and momentarily forgot about the subject of his first D-mail. Who would he save: Mayuri or Kurisu? That is the question for the next episode.

Personally I don't think Kurisu is allied with SERN because of her strong ties to Okarin and the lab members. If she was somehow involved with the organization (like she was in the future), it's probably to act as a mole. It's also important to find out WHO killed her as well as WHY.

18. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Spoiler show
    Spoiler show

Quote Originally Posted by Asarii View Post
    Oh, yes... It loops around in a circle now. He was desperately trying to save Mayuri and momentarily forgot about the subject of his first D-mail. Who would he save: Mayuri or Kurisu? That is the question for the next episode.

Personally I don't think Kurisu is allied with SERN because of her strong ties to Okarin and the lab members. If she was somehow involved with the organization (like she was in the future), it's probably to act as a mole. It's also important to find out WHO killed her as well as WHY.
    Or so we wish. It would be too cruel if the Kurisu we know is a fake one after all this time. Even what happened to Moeka surprised us quite much. Maybe, just maybe, SERN sent someone to the past to kill Kurisu because one way or another she would endanger SERN's plan of domination? :O

Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think so. Kurisu is kept alive because it helps sern.
    Only when Kurisu is dead, sern will not be able to achieve world domination.
    I can understand why okarin didn't realize, he was going through alot plus he kind of discounted the entire thing.

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Haha, you're right. So the one who killed Kurisu is probably someone who knows about SERN's domination in the future and ended up killing her so that it wouldn't happen. Again, I have a bad feeling about this person.

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Thing is, now after all that time leaping Okarin has formed a REALLY strong bond with Kurisu, and I think he regards her as a friend he can confide in just as much as Mayuri, somebody he wants to protect. This will tear him apart, and no doubt he'll try saving both.. I just don't see how with so little episodes left haha. Could we be in for a tragic ending?

New Reply
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast