Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/22/14 - 9/28/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
New Reply
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast
Results 121 to 135 of 163

Thread: Steins;Gate

  1. #121
    News Writer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zeltrax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    8th Day
    Country
    Singapore
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,111
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Steins;Gate

    Quote Originally Posted by phio_chan View Post
    Haha, you're right. So the one who killed Kurisu is probably someone who knows about SERN's domination in the future and ended up killing her so that it wouldn't happen. Again, I have a bad feeling about this person.
    I actually think that that very person is Okarin <_<
    I mean, maybe something happened to him at the very beginning of steins and he forgotten it since
    it was his first time jumping timelines.
    Quote Quote:
    This will tear him apart, and no doubt he'll try saving both.. I just don't see how with so little episodes left haha. Could we be in for a tragic ending?
    It's actually possible. SERN just have to know that she's dead to give up right, so if only she can fake her death or something, or disappear from the world, that way it won't implicate okarin and the rest.
    I don't think it will be a tragic ending, It'll probably end like chaos;head that gathers all the cast together for the finale.
    But if it doesn't..

    oh well.

  2. #122
    MH Senpai 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! phio_chan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Age
    21
    Posts
    9,080
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Steins;Gate

    There aren't many choices for the ending the way I see it, really. It could be a sad ending, or tragic, or something like that... Or a happy one about certain issues, but sad about other issues. No way we're gonna get a perfectly happy ending with Steins;Gate. But if we do... Miracle does exist then.

    Hmm, but doesn't Okarin has the skill of Reading Steiner? And before that, the phone microwave didn't work properly so I'm not sure if it's Okarin. Though that would be an interesting twist. :3 And is it possible to fake death? SERN seems to be a powerful community; they know how to pick the appropriate people for their dirty missions.

    ---------- Post added August 20, 2011 at 07:56 PM ---------- Previous post was August 19, 2011 at 05:50 PM ----------

    OMG.

    Spoiler: Steins;Gate OP Hacking to the Gate Full Version show


    Spoiler: Steins;Gate ED Tokitsukasadoru Jūni no Meiyaku Full Version show

  3. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
  4. #123
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Asarii's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Country
    Canada
    Age
    22
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    2,931
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Steins;Gate

    Oh yeah, we still need to know what makes Okarin so special with the Reading Steiner and a possible explanation about the dream/nightmare he had with Mayuri speaking to him. This is all on top of Kurisu's "murder" so there are still some unanswered questions left. (I put murder between quotation marks just to be safe.)

    Quote Originally Posted by Ush View Post
    Thing is, now after all that time leaping Okarin has formed a REALLY strong bond with Kurisu, and I think he regards her as a friend he can confide in just as much as Mayuri, somebody he wants to protect. This will tear him apart, and no doubt he'll try saving both.. I just don't see how with so little episodes left haha. Could we be in for a tragic ending?
    Damn, you're right. The only person he confided his plans to was Kurisu throughout all those different timelines. There's also the fact that he's spending less time with Mayuri as noted in the previous episode. It's really ironic now that we think about it.

  5. #124
    MH Senpai 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! phio_chan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Age
    21
    Posts
    9,080
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Steins;Gate

    Quote Originally Posted by Asarii View Post
    Oh yeah, we still need to know what makes Okarin so special with the Reading Steiner and a possible explanation about the dream/nightmare he had with Mayuri speaking to him. This is all on top of Kurisu's "murder" so there are still some unanswered questions left. (I put murder between quotation marks just to be safe.)
    Especially after what happened when Okarin undid Feyris and Ruka's D-mails, they were able to remember what happened before they sent the D-mail. That is also strange; it's like they have the skill Reading Steiner as well, though perhaps it's just Okarin triggered the right part of their brain so they remembered it. XD

    And the nightmare you're talking about was the one at desert? I kinda forget about it. ^^" But yeah, lots of answers to be given to viewers. These last 4 episodes should be awesome. :3

  6. #125
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Ush's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    British Columbia, Canada
    Country
    Canada
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    135
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Steins;Gate

    Shteins;gayt 21

    hmm not much development like I hoped.. although what was up with the ending? Kurisu was definitely at the spot where the time machine had previously been at, I just can't figure out what that thing was at the end?

  7. #126
    MH Senpai 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! phio_chan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Age
    21
    Posts
    9,080
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Steins;Gate

    Indeed, not much development, but still this episode is as interesting as the previous ones.

    So Mayuri remembered all that had happened to her, like in case of Feyris and Ruka? She didn't remember what happened before she died, I think, but she seemed to remember all her deaths, though she said it was dream, since she would always wake up again. What does this mean? I don't believe in coincidence (XD), and I don't believe that Okarin 'triggered' something in Mayuri as well. ...Or did he?

    At any rate, I was very sad when Mayuri expressed her feelings at the grave. She was really lonely; no one to talk to about what she felt. Poor Mayuri.

    About your question, Ush, that thing at the last scene... was a lift? Elevator? I think it's something like that, but I'm not sure either. So Kurisu visited the place where she was killed. Is it possible that even Kurisu would remember who stabbed her or remember any clues about that person, considering that she managed to get any ideas about that person before she died? :O

  8. #127
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Asarii's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Country
    Canada
    Age
    22
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    2,931
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Steins;Gate

    There was no development plot-wise, but we got plenty of character development in this episode. I loved that Okarin went to impulsive lengths to rescue Mayuri by jumping in front of the car; scientists use logic and deductive reasoning, but he reacted in an opposite way instead. There was also another moment where he lost his cool: the first time was when he confronted Moeka, and this time was towards Kurisu.

    The moment between him and Mayuri was sweet. They both care about each other deeply.

    Now that he told Kurisu about her fate, I wonder if there will be a time when he'll tell Mayuri too.

    Quote Originally Posted by phio_chan View Post
    And the nightmare you're talking about was the one at desert? I kinda forget about it. ^^" But yeah, lots of answers to be given to viewers. These last 4 episodes should be awesome. :3
    Yes, I was talking about the weird desert scene. I'm sure it's significant, but it sucks that I forgot what Mayuri was talking about there.

    Quote Originally Posted by phio_chan View Post
    So Mayuri remembered all that had happened to her, like in case of Feyris and Ruka? She didn't remember what happened before she died, I think, but she seemed to remember all her deaths, though she said it was dream, since she would always wake up again. What does this mean? I don't believe in coincidence (XD), and I don't believe that Okarin 'triggered' something in Mayuri as well. ...Or did he?

    At any rate, I was very sad when Mayuri expressed her feelings at the grave. She was really lonely; no one to talk to about what she felt. Poor Mayuri.
    Since Okarin has his special ability of time leaping, it wouldn't surprise me if Mayuri has some sort of ability as well. They're not an official couple and yet they share this really special bond.

    Me too. I wonder if her cheerfulness during the other time streams was a facade to cover up how she was really feeling.

  9. #128
    MH Senpai 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! phio_chan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Age
    21
    Posts
    9,080
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Steins;Gate

    Quote Originally Posted by Asarii View Post
    I loved that Okarin went to impulsive lengths to rescue Mayuri by jumping in front of the car; scientists use logic and deductive reasoning, but he reacted in an opposite way instead. There was also another moment where he lost his cool: the first time was when he confronted Moeka, and this time was towards Kurisu.

    The moment between him and Mayuri was sweet. They both care about each other deeply.

    Now that he told Kurisu about her fate, I wonder if there will be a time when he'll tell Mayuri too.
    That is so true. I really like how impulsive he became in order to protect those he loved. But it's also sad that he tried so desperately for a fate that is so hard to change. When he time leaped as he saw Kurisu's note about "I wanted to talk to you" it was just sad. >__< I wonder if he would ever tell Mayuri. With Kurisu he was just helpless and probably because he thought of 'sacrificing' Kurisu before so he could talk about it, but I don't think it would be the same towards Mayuri.

    Quote Originally Posted by Asarii View Post
    Yes, I was talking about the weird desert scene. I'm sure it's significant, but it sucks that I forgot what Mayuri was talking about there.
    Right, browsing through 20 episodes to search for that scene is annoying. XD Perhaps that nightmare is more like 'future'? That she would have to live alone or something like that? I think I remember something like that from that scene. :3

  10. #129
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Ush's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    British Columbia, Canada
    Country
    Canada
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    135
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Steins;Gate

    Kurisu looked kind of hurt when he told her, do you figure that's why? He told Kurisu because maybe he hoped somehow he could sacrifice her too just as he had to steal Ruka and Feyris's happiness? And she noticed this maybe?

    Or it could just be because she found out she's going to die and that's all :P

  11. #130
    MH Senpai 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! phio_chan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Age
    21
    Posts
    9,080
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Steins;Gate

    Hmm, maybe? I'm not sure; things are just too messed up right now. XD

    I thought perhaps Kurisu was just shocked. She knew how much Okarin care about Mayushii and that he would do anything to save her, but this time it involved Kurisu and her death. Kurisu maybe was in confusion whether to help Okarin and Mayushii or not. I mean, who wants to die? XD

    ...Or maybe there is a romance here? That Kurisu was hurt because someone she liked more or less asked her to die to save someone else?

  12. #131
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Ush's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    British Columbia, Canada
    Country
    Canada
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    135
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Steins;Gate

    I really getting anxious now that it's near the end. We haven't really been hinted at all as to how this could all end, right now I'm just predicting someone has to sacrifice their future in order for everyone to move on..

    I think Kurisu's father might get involved in the next episode or so, since pretty much every lab member has gotten episodes dedicated to them except Kurisu yet

  13. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  14. #132
    News Writer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zeltrax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    8th Day
    Country
    Singapore
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,111
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Steins;Gate

    I agree. Nice character development and another heavy episode.
    I think the reason why Kurisu went there at the end is...to die.
    I know it sounds weird but she might be thinking that she wants to sacrifice herself to save Mayushi.
    Since okarin and mayushi are heading over there to get a toy , everything is set up as the same situation in episode 1.
    Quote Quote:
    That Kurisu was hurt because someone she liked more or less asked her to die to save someone else?
    Nah. Okarin didn't say that, he just told her the truth. I'm glad that okarin decided to.. in other series that I watch the main character
    takes almost forever to trust others.
    I guess Kurisu was overwhelmed..and sad.

    Next 3 episodes is probably going to be them dealing with the murderer of Kurisu, to save both the heroines of the story

  15. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
  16. #133
    MH Senpai 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! phio_chan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Age
    21
    Posts
    9,080
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Steins;Gate

    Quote Originally Posted by Zeltrax View Post
    I agree. Nice character development and another heavy episode.
    I think the reason why Kurisu went there at the end is...to die.
    I know it sounds weird but she might be thinking that she wants to sacrifice herself to save Mayushi.
    Since okarin and mayushi are heading over there to get a toy , everything is set up as the same situation in episode 1.
    Hmm, right. But isn't the building where Suzuha's time capsule crashed is no longer used? So I don't think Okarin and Mayuri are going to that place, though they hadn't specifically mentioned their destination. ^^

  17. #134
    MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Asarii's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Country
    Canada
    Age
    22
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    2,931
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Steins;Gate

    Quote Originally Posted by phio_chan View Post
    That is so true. I really like how impulsive he became in order to protect those he loved. But it's also sad that he tried so desperately for a fate that is so hard to change. When he time leaped as he saw Kurisu's note about "I wanted to talk to you" it was just sad. >__< I wonder if he would ever tell Mayuri. With Kurisu he was just helpless and probably because he thought of 'sacrificing' Kurisu before so he could talk about it, but I don't think it would be the same towards Mayuri.
    I'm trying to think up of a scenario where Okarin would have the appropriate moment and words to tell Mayuri everything- it's actually hard to imagine. :S Mayuri won't be able to understand the dynamics of time travel as easily as Kurisu, and I don't know how she will react to the news.

    Quote Quote:
    Right, browsing through 20 episodes to search for that scene is annoying. XD Perhaps that nightmare is more like 'future'? That she would have to live alone or something like that? I think I remember something like that from that scene. :3
    It seems like Mayuri already knows about her fate in that desert scene and seems more aware about the circumstances than Okarin himself. Right now she still doesn't know that her dreams/nightmare are events that actually happened.

  18. #135
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Ush's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    British Columbia, Canada
    Country
    Canada
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    135
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Steins;Gate

    I dont think Okarin will give her an explanation, it would just be one of those out of body or moment of realization things where she just understands that it's fate her to die, and there's nothing she can do about it. I don't think Mayuri is really the character to be given explanations in this show :P

    ---------- Post added at 03:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:29 AM ----------

    Don't wanna double post but I will in this case... Wow, Steins;gate 22 had A LOT of stuff going on. Oh yeah, for anyone that watched it REMEMBER TO WATCH PAST THE ENDING! It's important!! I've already talked to a few people that didn't :P So before clicking the spoiler, make sure you do that.

    Spoiler show


    Edit: Oh never mind it combines posts, cool.

    Oh yeah I found the romance really nice, but it's also a bad thing.. (if you read the spoiler)
    Last edited by Ush; August 30, 2011 at 06:02 PM.

  19. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts