Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 600 (2)
New Reply
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11

Thread: Steins;Gate

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Asarii's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Steins;Gate

Le fin! It's been a fun six months.

The plan that 33 year old Okarin set up was ingenious, and it took courage for the present self to use his OWN blood. I'm glad the injury didn't get the best of him because even though Kurisu would have lived, it would still be really sad. (When she spoke about her father earlier, I didn't expect him to be such an asshole. )

I thought the series would end where only one (Mayuri or Kurisu) would survive, but I'm glad the writers chose the happiest of all happy endings. I wish we got a chance to see Daru's wife and Suzuha's mother though!

2. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    MH Senpai 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! phio_chan's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ush View Post
    What? I'm confused, it had a pretty definitive ending lol. Did you not watch past the credits? The credits roll while its still going on you know.
    I know. XD I said 'open' because Okarin and Kurisu are back to stage one of their relationship, though not necessarily like that since Kurisu has the memories of her past life, lol~ It is kinda an open ending for their relationship for me. Guess I used the wrong term. Sorry~ XD

Daru's wife, huh... Perhaps Feyris? Couldn't be Mayuri, right? Suzuha looks like no one, it's hard to guess. XD

News Writer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zeltrax's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

So its over but its a blissful ending.
    Nobody knows what the future holds, it has infinite possibilities.

I kindda predicted the end will be when they meet again. Reminds me of this one show that I watched back when I was young..
    and Okarin...ouch..I bet at that moment he would even die for her.
    I'll do a review on SG(I just realized the initials is the same as my nation's) some time over at my otaku finder thread..if anyone cares <_<

Anyway, I'm surprised nobody posted this yet:

Steins;gate movie is confirmed.

I'm not really looking forward to it.
    I mean, it will be good if its an original story but I'm not sure I would like to rewatch the entire thing in the best animation but a fast pacing of 1.5 hours or so.
    However, if they are going to do something like what Key did for clannad, animating a movie that shows the bad ending or alternate ending.
    I would love to watch that.
    Anyway, I'll catch it for sure but I'm pretty sure when I can watch it, it will be 2 years from now.

While we're at it:

Nitroplus, 5pb.'s Robotics;Notes TGS Promo Posted

5pb and nitro who created Chaos;head and Steins;gate is releasing their third game, Robotics;Notes.
    Ofc, it'll be a visual novel. I'm really really looking forward to this and trust me when I say that I'll learn japanese so hard and play it in japanese form.

EDITED:

Quote Quote:
    The .5pb president confirmed that the movie is not a summary of the series and since it is a serious world line, it is not an adaptation of Darling either.
    Source
    Last edited by Zeltrax; September 16, 2011 at 02:59 AM.

5. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Great, Zelx! I was planning to add this series to my recommendation thread too. I'm still gathering series to add to my soon-gonna-be-posted thread, lol~

A movie? I agree with you. I don't think a movie would be enough to capture all the emotions shown in the series. Not that I know how it looks like with the visual novel, but the anime did a great job and 24 episodes couldn't possible be shoved into such a short movie. Even for alternate endings, they would have to go through quite a lot to arrive at the alternate ending. Unless that ending appears sooner in the original work? Not sure.

News Writer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zeltrax's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Now that's something to look forward to, your reviews

I guess we both agree that the pacing needs to be handled well.

There are guesses tho, that it will be the arc about suzuha fighting sern but it's still not
    clear at all at this point. I also heard that there will be a special episode, a fanservice one maybe? Not sure.

And I saw robotics teaser, looks good in 3d.
    Definitely gonna be a tear jerker, considering how great chaos and Steins was.
    Heh if robotics;notes is ever getting an anime, it will be years from now.
    I wonder if I will then have the pleasure of enjoying and discussing it with all of you again
    but maybe it's not that far away.

8. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member Ush's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

There will probably be a special I would think.

I'm curious as to what the movie will be about, when it was first announced I figured they were just going to make a recap movie or something of the entire series. It appears not, so it should be interesting.

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Hopefully the movie will have a completely different story. I doubt it'll be the whole rehash of the TV show; not only would that be a waste of money, it'd be tedious to watch as well.

What I really enjoyed about Steins; Gate was the fact that there's an absence of action. I do like good fight scenes, but I like it even more when the characters "fight" using their intellect as a weapon. I find that much cooler than things blowing up!

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I wonder if this is the special or movie we had been talking about..

Today I visited the place where I usually go to to catch new series... when I saw an update of Steins;Gate episode 25. Yes, there is one new episode, continuing the ending. I don't think the time gap is that long, since it doesn't look like Okabe and Kurisu's reunion we saw before took that long in the past. So maybe few months? Crazy as usual, nothing much can be seen except reunions, and (re-)confession. <333

12. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by phio_chan View Post
    I wonder if this is the special or movie we had been talking about..

Today I visited the place where I usually go to to catch new series... when I saw an update of Steins;Gate episode 25. Yes, there is one new episode, continuing the ending. I don't think the time gap is that long, since it doesn't look like Okabe and Kurisu's reunion we saw before took that long in the past. So maybe few months? Crazy as usual, nothing much can be seen except reunions, and (re-)confession. <333
    Ooh, I have a feeling that this Episode 25 is a special of some sort. Steins; Gate has been pretty successful in Japan (at least going by the Internet fandom) so it's possible that fans wanted to see more! I'll be sure to check it out sometime.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner In Flames's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like
    So, I guess I'm late to all the discussion but I'd still like to post here anyway. As long as that's all right, of course.

I finished Steins;Gate a few days ago, and I simply loved every moment of the series, including the OVA! The soundtrack is also very wonderful, especially the ending theme.

Although, I think it would be interesting to view the future world line in 2036. Actually seeing the world in a dystopia, witnessing the rebellions, and how SERN cruelly controls the world- Definitely fascinates me. Only seeing those few scenes of the future really makes me want to experience that world more, in order to further appreciate the desire to enter the Steins;Gate world line.

The series of course already makes you long for the ideal world line, but some how I guess I just want more Steins;Gate, haha. I apologize if this has maybe already been mentioned, I just really wanted to share this idea.

15. Like 3 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: [Featured] Steins;Gate

I'm glad you enjoyed the series!

Quote Originally Posted by In Flames View Post
    Although, I think it would be interesting to view the future world line in 2036. Actually seeing the world in a dystopia, witnessing the rebellions, and how SERN cruelly controls the world- Definitely fascinates me. Only seeing those few scenes of the future really makes me want to experience that world more, in order to further appreciate the desire to enter the Steins;Gate world line.
    Yes, it would have been nice to know exactly how SERN was controlling the world. We know that it's a terrible future for Okarin & co., but we never really understood just how bad it really was. The series has become immensely popular both in and out of Japan so maybe there will be another series of the same world that deals with the future.

17. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: [Featured] Steins;Gate

Welcome, welcome! It is never too late to watch anime, LOL~ Nice to hear you enjoyed it, In Flames. I do like the soundtracks too, like you said the ED (Toki Tsukasadoru Juuni no Meiyaku) is the best from both.

I think in a point of comparing crazy world ruled by SERN to the 'normal' world they currently have, the series do lack some kind of tension to make us 'scared' and supported the final changes of the world lines so it wouldn't turn that way. I would say the series didn't truly want to give that impression so far; it wanted to present the idea of time travel more. In fact when I watched it I didn't think much about exactly how bad everything is in that world SERN controls so nice point there. ^^

19. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Artists of MH 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity FaustXIII's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

Included in My Top 5 Best Anime!

New Reply
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11