Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 506 (2)
New Reply
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 54

Thread: Berserk 319 Discussion

  1. #31
    ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つMOLLY༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member xi0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Piltover
    Country
    Pyke
    Age
    28
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    47,239
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Berserk 319 Discussion

    Schierke was saying they were descending into "The First Ring of Hell". Whether that was figurative or literal...slaying a beast that lives in that realm would no doubt make the Dragon Slayer more powerful. Powerful enough to physically harm a Godhand?...I'm not so sure.

  2. #32
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Country
    United States
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    22
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Berserk 319 Discussion

    I'm against convenient "power ups"; I'd rather see more plot development gained by slaying the sea god then a sword power up; doesn't seem as corny, but then again, something substantial has to happen eventually (see: Berserker's Armor; personally I prefer the pre-Berserk's chapters/volumes. It seemed much more "real" I guess. But that's just me).

  3. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
  4. #33
    ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つMOLLY༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member xi0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Piltover
    Country
    Pyke
    Age
    28
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    47,239
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Berserk 319 Discussion

    The Dragon Slayer being imbued with the spiritual power of those it slays has always existed. Guts just hasn't encountered anything close to this (save Ganishka) yet, so I'd expect the "power up" to be substantial. All series have some convenient power ups....Behelit anyone?

  5. #34
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Aazholh's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Country
    United States
    Age
    39
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    277
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Berserk 319 Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Fourier View Post
    I'm against convenient "power ups"; I'd rather see more plot development gained by slaying the sea god then a sword power up; doesn't seem as corny, but then again, something substantial has to happen eventually (see: Berserker's Armor; personally I prefer the pre-Berserk's chapters/volumes. It seemed much more "real" I guess. But that's just me).
    Whether or not the DS becomes "powered up" from killing the sea god, I still think there is somthing to be gained from all of this. Remember when Miura made those episodes full of two page spreads of Ganishka. A lot of people thought he was just being over-indulgent. Then we got Skullknight coming out of nowhere attempting to strike at Femto! I have a feeling something big and unexpected is going to happen.

  6. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
  7. #35
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Moie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Country
    Singapore
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    56
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Berserk 319 Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by Asahina View Post
    Is it me, or did Gatts look like a total nut-job on the last page?
    He looked liked some dark armored idiot who is on a random adventure.
    That last page wasn't well done. But I think it was made like that on purpose.
    It just appeared a kinda shounen-comedy for me.
    UGH! His pose reminded me of QWOP!!! (google it if you don't know it!)

    OH THE NIGHTMARES!

    Anyway, aside from his... positioning, I think his plan was honestly the best one.
    1) Running is useless as annoying pirate will annoy.
    2) Bottling the monsters was explained by Guts as a faulty plan and honestly, everyone knows that when the boss dies, the subordinates soon follow.
    3) Dammit who doesn't want to see Guts jump into the mouth of a Ganishka-class monster and just wreck it from the inside!?

    Besides this, I really do believe this signifies that their arrival to the Elven land will power them up. I mean GEEZUS! That sea god is on a whole new level (kinda?).

    Besides even that!!! Anyone noticed the Inferno(Dante Alighieri) refrences for like 2 or so pages straight ?! This... marks the beginnings of something amazing or something vastly revealing... the latter making very little sense.

    Soil. Can you dig it?

  8. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
  9. #36
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity llamapie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    =[地獄]=
    Country
    United States
    Age
    29
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,991
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Berserk 319 Discussion

    I don't see the issue with that pic. He leaped, as shown. What do you expect him to look like? Superman?

    Just look again and take the perspective into mind.
    Give the best manga of all time some attention!

    # of "Miura will die before Berserk is finished" comments(since Nov. 1st 2008): 96

  10. #37
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Country
    Slovakia
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    30
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Berserk 319 Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by llamapie View Post
    I don't see the issue with that pic. He leaped, as shown. What do you expect him to look like? Superman?

    Just look again and take the perspective into mind.
    i agree, personally i dont find his pose the least bit strange. he is afterall jumping right into a mouth filled with som big old teeth. if anyone of you played assassins creed, youll probably agree that one of the first positions during a jump is similar (though not every jump). anyway im quite tired of reading only about his leap, but on the other hand, theres not much we can talk about in this chapter.
    does anyone know when will the next chapter come out?

  11. #38
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Country
    Spain
    Age
    25
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    8
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Berserk 319 Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by nerothos View Post
    i agree, personally i dont find his pose the least bit strange. he is afterall jumping right into a mouth filled with som big old teeth. if anyone of you played assassins creed, youll probably agree that one of the first positions during a jump is similar (though not every jump). anyway im quite tired of reading only about his leap, but on the other hand, theres not much we can talk about in this chapter.
    does anyone know when will the next chapter come out?
    april 22

    you guys think thats a monster from the begining or a similar case like ganishka: a human ->converted apostle ->converted monster?

  12. #39
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Country
    Slovakia
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    30
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Berserk 319 Discussion

    i doubt that, i think that the seagod was nonexistant before dreams, fears, hopes, etc. (just like in that special chapter in volume 13) that were contained inside ganishka were unintentionally released from his "monster" form by skull knight. i think that the sea god looks exactly like the statue that the people living on the island believed in and prayed to. after the "strange wind" passed them, their prayers turned to reality, thus creating the sea god himself.

  13. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
  14. #40
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Aazholh's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Country
    United States
    Age
    39
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    277
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Berserk 319 Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by nerothos View Post
    i doubt that, i think that the seagod was nonexistant before dreams, fears, hopes, etc. (just like in that special chapter in volume 13) that were contained inside ganishka were unintentionally released from his "monster" form by skull knight. i think that the sea god looks exactly like the statue that the people living on the island believed in and prayed to. after the "strange wind" passed them, their prayers turned to reality, thus creating the sea god himself.
    The sea god was there the whole time. The only reason why it was terrorizing the island was because the astral and physical layers merged. I'm not saying that the sea god wasn't created by man's imagination, just that it existed long ago when people started to believe that it existed.

    Puck is an astral creature and he's been there with Guts since becoming the black swordsman. These creatures (such as unicorns,elves, hydras and the sea god) which exist in a realm of their own and wouldn't normally be seen and interacting with humans now coexist with humanity.

  15. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
  16. #41
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Country
    Slovakia
    Age
    20
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    30
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Berserk 319 Discussion

    yeah, i reread a couple of chapters and youre right, he was there the whole time. its just that the breaks are so long, that i often forget some things. i guess i should reread the whole berserk anew. the point is that the sea god isnt a monster created through some strange mechanics like ganishka.

  17. #42
    MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Roflkopt3r's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Country
    Germany
    Age
    23
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,470
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Berserk 319 Discussion

    Got caught up with old Berserk chapters again, read a lot, then read 319 and useless to say, current Berserk is so disappointing in that direct comparison.
    I mean, I started reading some random points between chapters 20 and 23 (which were so captivating that I basically read a lot more than just that completely) and was just blown away by how good Berserk is and how cool it is, and then check back to 319 and see Gatsu as a bunny hopping batman...

  18. #43
    Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity llamapie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    =[地獄]=
    Country
    United States
    Age
    29
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,991
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Berserk 319 Discussion

    @roflcopter you need to realize that this manga is meant to display that. Whats going on is so different because Miura wants it that way. Ya I happen to find his current look odd, but thats the point.

    The reality as you see it has changed and its because of this Miura wins at mangaka. Not only did he merge the planes in the manga he so effectively captured it that the story itself seems so different now that it merged the planes inside your head. But you have to read it as a whole. Even from the beginning this kind of shit has been going on. Its just progressively gotten worse. Gutz needed his crazy armor to keep himself alive. And even though he prevailed against the apostles he never did so without being injured to some great degree. Granted his armor injures him in a similar degree if not worse but when he is in control it doesn't seem as bad on his body.
    Last edited by saladesu; April 18, 2011 at 01:07 PM.
    Give the best manga of all time some attention!

    # of "Miura will die before Berserk is finished" comments(since Nov. 1st 2008): 96

  19. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
  20. #44
    Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Moie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Country
    Singapore
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    56
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Berserk 319 Discussion

    Quote Originally Posted by llamapie View Post
    @roflcopter you need to realize that this manga is meant to display that. Whats going on is so different because Miura wants it that way. Ya I happen to find his current look odd, but thats the point.

    The reality as you see it has changed and its because of this Miura wins at mangaka. Not only did he merge the planes in the manga he so effectively captured it that the story itself seems so different now that it merged the planes inside your head. But you have to read it as a whole. Even from the beginning this kind of shit has been going on. Its just progressively gotten worse. Gutz needed his crazy armor to keep himself alive. And even though he prevailed against the apostles he never did so without being injured to some great degree. Granted his armor injures him in a similar degree if not worse but when he is in control it doesn't seem as bad on his body.
    And i thought i was the only one who thought this way (planes).

    I think we should all remember that from the skull horseman and the witch in the forest, this seems like deja vu. From what i've read (hoping i didn't misinterpret or am totally wrong), the skull knight and Schierke's master were comrades like Guts and Schierke AND the skull knight was once human, donning the berserk armor. I think it's safe to say that he once was in Guts' situation.

    I find this interesting and likely that it will play a major part in Berserk's future.

    Also, does anyone fear that the merging of planes may bring about enemies stronger than apostles? (or maybe i'm just thinking too far ahead )

    Soil. Can you dig it?

  21. #45
    Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Country
    United States
    Age
    27
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    135
    Post Thanks / Like

    Re: Berserk 319 Discussion

    I would think the apostles are the strongest, but since the planes have merged they should be able to fight in their real bodies now. Before the most they could muster up were using other living objects as a catalyst to bring them into the "real world". With the merge I'd believe that if the apostles were a force to be dealt with when they just used other living objects as a catalyst, now that they are able to fight with their real bodies the won't need to hold back.

    Speaking of the changes with the manga, it does make perfect sense in terms of how the story has progressed, before it was a dark realm where fantasy was in bits and pieces. Now that everything has become one the manga itself does have a different feel to it. Though some of it may be to the mangakas own sanity of keeping humor in a tense situation.
    I do kinda wish more happened in this chapter though but odds are something interesting is going to happen. I kinda wonder how he's going to draw the inside of the beast that'll definitely be a blast to look through. That pirate though, he's totally like ultros from FF6 he just won't die, even though I think he's dead now, the way he's draw seems to be like a ghost specter lol.

  22. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
New Reply
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts