Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Bleach 576 by cnet128
Thread Closed
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Bleach Tournament Discussion Thread - Part 2

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Bleach Tournament Discussion Thread - Part 2

He got hit as I recall. He even says to Yammi that after watching him for so long he studied the technique to the point that he won't get hit by another of those, which is a directly implication he got hit at some point there. Given I heavily doubt Yammi ever got a hit on him, and his back appeared to be smoking and frayed as if hit by something (Admittedly how he got hit in the back when he fired from the front is beyond me) Wonderwiess hitting is the only answer there.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Jackk's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

No. Wonderweiss didn't hit Kisuke with his bala...

Here, look: http://www.mangafox.com/manga/bleach/v27/c234/11.html ...As you can see, the smoke is coming from underneath Kisuke's feet. The middle panel of that page shows a lot of lines and smoke in the bottom portion of the same panel, which indicates that Kisuke is moving really fast as he's backing off to avoid getting hit by Wonderweiss's bala....and then the bottom panel clearly shows the smoke coming from underneath his feet. Also look at the distance that Kisuke traveled; we can barely see wonderweiss in the far distance in the bottom right panel of that page. Further, we can also see that there is no smoke coming from Kisuke's body in that particular page.

What we see in the upper right panel of the next page is that the smoke that Kisuke had created as he moved quickly to dodge the attack is now dispersing upwards in the air. Kisuke was not burnt at the right shoulder since the smoke is not coming from his shoulder...it's actually coming from underneath his feet and flowing upwards from behind his shoulder. Kisuke does not even look hurt at all; Wonderweiss failed to hit him with the bala.
    Last edited by Jackk; April 05, 2011 at 09:41 PM.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Tonix's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

If Starrk and Mayuri face each other again in the loss finals, do they get knowledge of each others abilities?

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

And yet look: http://www.mangafox.com/manga/bleach/v27/c234/12.html

The back of his right shoulder is frayed as if something hit it, and better still: http://www.mangafox.com/manga/bleach/v27/c235/6.html

"I won't... ...be hit again."

He was hit at some point between there. Either Yammi did it, which I give Urahara more cred than being hit by bloody Yammi, or Wonderwiess did, who not only is a one hit wonder but he has damage implications already from that hit and you can't argue he used a replacement there either.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Takahashi's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tonix View Post
    If Starrk and Mayuri face each other again in the loss finals, do they get knowledge of each others abilities?
    Nope.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Did you not read my previous post Random101? There was no smoke coming from Kisuke's body here: http://www.mangafox.com/manga/bleach/v27/c234/11.html ...Not to mention that WW attacked from the front and not from the back; WW didn't hit him. The smoke was created from Kisuke backing off really fast as he moved away to dodge the bala.

And if Kisuke was hit, then it was by Yami in the button panel here: http://www.mangafox.com/manga/bleach/v27/c234/12.html ...which actually makes sense considering that Kisuke was distracted talking to WW. Not to mention that balas are 20 times faster than ceros too. Though that Bala didn't even really hurt Kisuke anyway, so it's no big deal as he looked fine when he came back to toy with Yami.
    Last edited by Jackk; April 05, 2011 at 11:07 PM.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm talking about the frayed back, not the smoke. Though frankly arguing that there was no smoke previously doesn't work when we don't see high enough on his shoulder to be sure. Seriously, the thing cuts off too low, and given the way his back is frayed he was hit in the upper right of his shoulder just at the top (As the scope of bala is simply that small).

Seriously look at his shoulder. Just where the smoke is coming from you can see little juts out from his shoulder that shouldn't be there unless he was damaged. Dude was hit. Granted it didn't do much either way you slice it, but I'd hardly expect a bala to do jack given cero's are rarely worth crap.

Little tocs-Coming Soon 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member thornofcarrion's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tonix View Post
    That would be no. Contestants have no information about each other. Whether they face each other for the first time or its a rematch in loser tournament.

9. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

And yet the back of Kisuke's right shoulder shows no damage here: http://www.mangafox.com/manga/bleach/v27/c235/7.html

...Though you're probably going to say that he healed himself and brought an extra coat in case he needed to change and did so while he was down studying Yami's balas....

11. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Either he got hit by Wonderwiess or he got hit by Yammi. In either case? His cloak got torn up. Look at the one Yammi hit, you see his back tearing up worse, there should be a gigantic hole there as opposed to some little tearing near the top. So assuming he didn't do precisely that, there's an inconsistency either way.

Or more likely, Gigai. Dude's in a gigai, making more completely fine portable Gigai's, switching with them in an instant. So yeah, he brought an extra coat, it was right there, all he had to do was blow it up and change into it.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I thought Kisuke fought in his spiritual body and just used the portable gigai as a substitution tech. And how could WW hit Kisuke in the back with the bala if he actually attacked from the front and the panels show Kisuke backing off quickly? Yami was the one who attacked from the back, no?

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Hell if I know, Gigai are weird. However, given he's not in shinigami black robes, I'd assume he's always chillin in Gigai. Though frankly even the black robes are freaking variable as hell, on the one hand Ichigo's spirit goes from normal clothes he was wearing to Shinigami garb, implying the garb comes with the powers. Then Ishida and Orihime steal the garb off two mooks and wear them themselves like nothing. Yeah.

Hard to say for sure, but considering both options have inconsistencies entailed assuming he didn't do precisely that, arguing his back is fine later is either an inconsistency, or that's precisely what he did and it's reasonably explained. I go with the later in this case, though Kubo's wound continuity is pretty horrid either way.

Valid on the the back hit being thrown into question, however it's irrefutable that he's got some tearing going on after the Wonderwiess hit, and I'd assume Urahara's way better than to let freaking Yammi hit him regardless.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Well quite frankly I wouldn't be so quick to say he has a "tearing going on" ...it's actually too small to tell for certain that he was damaged, it could just been a drawing thing. I mean, Kisuke was shown backing off quickly and the smoke is shown to be created from the movement of his feet. And most importantly, WW attacking from the front and hitting Kisuke in the back doesn't make a whole lot of sense. WW doesn't have sakanade =/

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Unless it nailed him when he went with that weird S-shaped curving movement, or what have you. So long as even his side was facing him at any point he's good for that sort of thing. I however refuse to believe his pathetic enough to get hit by Yammi. Ever. Surprise attack or not.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Well either way, I'm sure we can both agree that Kisuke wasn't remotely injured; as in: he was in really good conditions...

Thread Closed
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast