Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Who is the most suitable female character for Shioon?

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity matzik1212's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Who is the most suitable female character for Shioon?

Yeah right

Well if it can't be me then i guess Sosul is the only one i'm willing to give that place to I bet when she returns she will look amazing and make Shioon fall in love with her

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member nanoclarkology's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I will admit I have a soft spot for Sera. However Sosul is the fully ' functioning' woman for Shioon.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Franckie's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Shioon still has 0 developments with Saehee, a character who doesn't fit well with the series' setting. Unfortunately, I imagine the author will bring her back when Chang-Ho makes his return, does something stupid like attacking Saehee, and ticking Shioon off...Again. Anyway, it's clear by now the author is more interested in developing Shion's relationships with Sera and Jinie than he is with her. Even Sosul has more developments than Saehee, despite being physically present only in a few chapters. She also happens to be the most important female character in the series, and will be a major player in Part III.

Jinie and Sera are also distinct possibilities, but Jinie has no guarantee in making it past Part II (she's below fodder master-class for pete's sake). Sera is the darkhorse candidate, however. She's already an elite for her age and she has room for improvement. She fits well in the powerscaling for Part II and Part III. What also helps is her relationship with Shioon finally starting to receive big-time developments. Shioon is now starting to actually work with her, starting to trust her, and it probably helps they've shared a "kiss". Finally, Sera is Shioon's unofficial advisor. She provides sound advice when dealing with the politics of the Murim. Besides providing frank (and accurate) advice on the Sunwoo Clan's activities, she also provides sound advice when dealing with other groups, such as the Martial Arts Alliance. That is a facet of her relationship with Shioon that no other gal can replicate. On a side note, her striking similarities to Shiho could work out for her (her dying is about as probable as Shioon's at this point: 0).

I'm still of the opinion though that Sosul is the leading candidate, with Jinie in second, with Sera in third, and Saehee in fourth. As for my personal preference, it's Jinie > Sera > Sosul > Saehee. We'll see how things change once Sosul reappears and what developments ensue.

Quote Originally Posted by kidopitz27 View Post
    It will be Sosul!!!! and i think that when she returned he will look like a normal girl (not loli anymore :P)
    If Sosul comes back she'll have hooters in the same league as Shiho, Jinie, and Sera. That's not normal. At least though she'll look

Then again she may come back flat-chested...
    Last edited by Franckie; June 08, 2012 at 12:52 AM.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I think Sae-Hee is the best match for him.
    Now I don't say this because I think Sae-Hee is the best girl
    I say this because Shi-Woon doesn't deserve any of the other girls.
    All he ever does is get in the way and cause problems for the others.
    If you think back on Breaker part 1 all Sae-Hee ever did was cause even more problems.
    Last edited by Hokoga; June 12, 2012 at 05:07 PM.

5. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member nanoclarkology's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

So the only other character more destructive to someone else than Shioon is Sahee and that is why you pick her? I don't dislike Sahee. But to me she doesn't fit anywhere into Shioons life. Here he is this big wig guy and He is fully immersed into the Murim world now. Whether he likes it or not.

I look forward to all of the for shadowing made by the author and artist about Sosul being cured from her issues. Then with the amusement park. I remember that ack like it was yesterday. The beach with some color pages of Shiho. Then on the way back the medallion was given to Shioon. I wouldn't doubt that something like this is symbolic of marriage in the Murim world.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member haegar's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

^ I have nothing against Sossul and would like her to return and get cured and thus become a more serious option for him.

Dunno if I said this here or elswhere before (sry to lazy to scroll back ) but Sahee has the plot behind her strongly in one possible outcome:
    If Shioon were to become a figurehead and leader of the anti-Suc countermovement and gains so much influence amongst the murinim in the process that overtime he becomes "the better breaker" and changes the world of murinim into something more 'humane', bringing some more normalcy and a reduced distance to the world of normal people, Sahee would be the perfect match for him.
    He wouldn't have to tear down the walls to the normal world completely like the SUC and 9AD currently do in a negative way - but suppose with his rising influence over the clans a new kind of order is gradually established that is more lenient and allows for "grey existences" like himself "to walk between both worlds" ... Sahee would fit into that nicely.
    Consider also that in a way exactly such a relationship has been tentatively foreshadowed with the former Sun-Woo clanhead or rather Kwon's daughter - Kwon for one already learned that his insisting on the tradition cost his daughter happiness /caused grief to many folks and also accnowledge he unduely looked down on Jinnie due to her "normal" father ...

In other words, where people argue that Sahee does not fit into Shioon's murin life, I would like to stress that changeing the murinim into a better society via the idealism to try and strife for such was both 9AD's initial and still is Shioon's current motivation - we certainly can assume that Shioon will at least try to do differently from his master, hence I wouldn't rule Sahee out all to quickly - the fact that for the time being she got off-panelled doesn't amount to much, so it happened to Sossul and she will be back, too ...

just a thought
    Last edited by haegar; June 14, 2012 at 11:15 AM.

8. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Bludvein's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

With all the recent developments it seems Sera is even more of a dark-horse than we thought. I liked her before, but it didn't really seem like she had a shot there for a while. Then all of a sudden she gets important scenes one after another.

As for the others...

Sosul is going to be important, but with the pace things are developing at shes either going to be too late or at even more of a disadvantage then she already was.

Jinie was my fav for a while, but that hasn't really developed at all from Shioon's end. Besides, pairing two hotheads together is just begging for disaster.

Lastly, Saehee is just useless and not worth considering at this point. Its obvious that hes grateful to her, but hes trying to keep her away because shes even more naive and weak than Shioon is.
    Last edited by Bludvein; June 15, 2012 at 09:18 PM.

MH's Best Reviewer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Jammin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Sera is a definitely a dark horse no longer. She's making a run at the triple crown

----------------------------------

@Bludvein
    There is enough love in Shioon's heart for all those girls, don't you think? If Sera hooks him first she just might really set it all up too because she's a bit...odd.(In an awesome kind of way)
    Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for RPG fans]
    Black Haze [Esp. for Fairy Tail fans]
    Geukji High [Esp. for Kenichi fans.]
    Divine Bells [Esp. for Action/Comedy fans]
    Dragons Rioting [Esp. for Ecchi fans]

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

So far Shioon has shown ZERO romantic feelings towards any of the women. He has only let himself be obsessed with strength (GMR and Hyuk up to this point, hehe). So I think Sosul is the ticket because once she attains that godly state I doubt he'll even be able to match her even with BOT...

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

The story so far have followed almost every formula for the Wuxia genre of literature. Something the author doesn't try to hide and even pays homage to.

1. Protagonist is refused into a school (9 Arts refuses to train him)
    2. Protagonist masters, or has it passed onto him through transfusion, a powerful qi gathering technique (Black Heaven and Earth, One Moon Dan)
    3. Protagonist follows the code of honor of Wuxia (evident most through cool guy and Sera when they talk about being a Murim for protagonist)
    4. Wulin Mengzhu or the leader of the Wuxia community is ambitious with selfish motives (previous alliance chief wants the Black Heaven and Earth tech)
    5. Protagonist becomes the Wulin Mengzhu (protagonist doesn't become the alliance leader, but Sun Woo's head which is pretty much equivalent in terms of power)

For those reason I believe the love interest will probably follow that which is prevalent in Wuxia Literature; a tragedy with the first girl and ends up with the second girl.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Razh's Avatar
    Country
    Croatia
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm rooting for Jinie. I like that kind of girl and I think she's the only one Shinwoo complimented so far (about how good she looks in school uniform).

Sosul melts people...

Heh
    Prediction: Dragon will appear on Fishman Island!
    Challenge Gilferbeast!!!

(thank you pupil "fuck you razh" -> made me lol)

Artists of MH 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner diesirea~'s Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

It would be Sera Noona.

IMO, she's the hottest, prettiest, and somewhat the best person suitable as his partner. (Intelligence + Power combo)

Also, she's one of the girls who shows great interest into Shioon.

I'm kinda confused on Jinie's situation as she clearly does not even imply if she likes him or not. Yes, she gets flustered a lot, but not enough to say that she likes him.

Sera Noona shows to have a more intimate attraction to Shioon.
    Sosul also have this. Jinie does not have.

Saehee is oblivious to all things, very unlikely.
    Last edited by diesirea~; January 16, 2013 at 05:24 PM.

View My

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member alisdfd's Avatar
    Country
    England
    Post Thanks / Like

shiwoon should have all of the women who adore him

MH's Best Reviewer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Jammin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I've been rereading some chapters of Breaker: New Waves lately and it got me thinking. These two really need to be added to Shioon's mega-Harem.

While I realize they are both evil and at least one of them is crazy(and a murderer of kittens), it's such a waste to leave them as villains.

With the Goth Girl, I think it's pretty easy. The S.U.C. are using some kind of weird drug with terrible side effects right? So with it wouldn't surprise if she's using something similar. So Shioon saves her, see's her real face, does his puppy dog eyes thing, and shows her how she's just being used; her heart grows 3 sizes and *bing* party member acquired.

The tricky one is going to be the voluptuous seductive whip wielding girl. She's pretty evil. Setting off the bomb that killed the bearded guy and all. So she should really be beyond redemption. So, as hot as she is, she's probably a lost cause. She's REALLY hot though....

Your thoughts?
    Last edited by Jammin; February 02, 2014 at 03:26 PM.
    Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for RPG fans]
    Black Haze [Esp. for Fairy Tail fans]
    Geukji High [Esp. for Kenichi fans.]
    Divine Bells [Esp. for Action/Comedy fans]
    Dragons Rioting [Esp. for Ecchi fans]

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member syx's Avatar
    Country
    Turkey
    Post Thanks / Like

The Goth Girl still took part at the school incident, which lead to Elder Jeong's death. She is as much responsible for his death as all the other SUC members present there. Unless I forgot that she didn't know about the bomb, she is beyond redemption, just like Ha-Ru (the voluptuous seductive whip wielding girl, lol Jammin) in my book.

I'm also not a big fan of adding more and more people to the protagonist's harem. Shioon already has a good set of admirers. Rather than adding more people to his harem, I would prefer more development between him and So-Chun Hyuk Sera Kang or any other girl for that matter. But the author won't go that route I suppose.

New Reply
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast