Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by kewl0210 , One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2)

View Poll Results: Who wins?

Voters
168. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yamamoto

101 60.12%
  • Aizen

67 39.88%
Thread Closed
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Yamamoto Genryūsai Shigekuni vs Aizen Sōsuke

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Yamamoto Genryūsai Shigekuni vs Aizen Sōsuke

Because Yama had preparation time for Ennetsu Jigoku - he won't in this tournament.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

No Aizen pretty much stated that in any way Yama is stronger than him. He admitted it, that in pure one on one with their Zans Aizen will loose to Yama.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Takahashi's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jorge D. Dragon View Post
    No Aizen pretty much stated that in any way Yama is stronger than him. He admitted it, that in pure one on one with their Zans Aizen will loose to Yama.
    No, it's called preparations. Same reason he had a back of the neck protector, or did any of what he did. Aizen thinks things through, and as insanely hax as KS is, it DOES have a weakness, one Yama figured out, as well as Gin. Obviously he'd come ready for absolutely anything, and that's part of what made him so dangerous.

Not to mention that these guys will meet with no knowledge of each other. Aizen unsheathes his sword, Yama looks at it, and Aizen could stab him as much as he wants without Yama even understanding what's going on. Yama's only shot the first time around was his knowledge and prep time as a countermeasure, no such thing exists here.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm not denying Yama's Zan is more powerful - Aizen's isn't a power Zan at all, it relies on hypnosis to make up the difference between him and Yama in power. However, I was just saying that Aizen needed WW because Yama had preparation time in FKT, so he was able to use his suicide technique. In the tournament, this won't happen, so Yama won't have an ability which can instakill Aizen. Aizen won't be foolish enough to run Yama through, and if he uses KS intelligently, he will be able to secure a victory.

5. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

Yama is a tank that could tank his own Ennetsu Jigoku, so anyway he will endure several slices from Aizen to know how to counter such ability and then he will catch him a finish with Single Bone or his Shikai.
    He can also attack at all directions with his Shikai. He can also make a wall of flames around himself to prevent Aizen from comong.
    And Aizen really stated himself that Yama is stronger and has the strongest Zan. I won't doubt such statement.

ShootToKill

Aizen didn't say you were stronger, because you had time to prepare. He said you are stronger. That's all for it.

7. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Yama is a tank that could tank his own Ennetsu Jigoku, so anyway he will endure several slices from Aizen to know how to counter such ability and then he will catch him a finish with Single Bone or his Shikai.
    He can also attack at all directions with his Shikai. He can also make a wall of flames around himself to prevent Aizen from comong.
    And Aizen really stated himself that Yama is stronger and has the strongest Zan. I won't doubt such statement.
    He won't live from a head shot. Also, what does surrounding himself in flames do? It's purely defensive. Aizen could make Yama see and hear Aizen burning away, when in reality he's standing behind him, Yama drops his guard, and now he's dead.

9. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

ShootToKill[/B]
    Aizen didn't say you were stronger, because you had time to prepare. He said you are stronger. That's all for it.
    Stronger yes, but stronger =/= confirmed win. As I said, KS isn't about strength, it's about manipulation, and if Aizen can outwit Yama and use KS to his best advantage, he can overcome the power gap.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Costa Rica
    Post Thanks / Like

Totally don't care about this match-up.

Picked Aizen, just because.

Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

Takahashi
    Aizen won't one shot him. Yama managed to live after tanking an attack that should have killed Aizen, all the Gotei Captains, Vaizards, Vice Captains and the pillars thus destroying Karakura Town and all his residents.
    So of course he won't be dead after one or two hits. And after two hits he will understand Aizen's Zan flow and will react immediatly and trash him.
    Also I can repeat tha Yama's Shikai can attack in every direction at the same time, so it would be easy to understand where Aizen really is.
    Also Yama couldn't fight with all power of his Zan from the start, cause he didn't want to harm real Karakura Town, so in this fight he won't hold back.

And again if Aizen himself says that Yama is stronger than him it should be considered, especially cause it was confirmed by actual deeds from Yama.

Also Yama will just speedblitz Aizen, cause Yama is just faster and won't be under Kyoka Suigetsu.

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Takahashi
    Aizen won't one shot him. Yama managed to live after tanking an attack that should have killed Aizen, all the Gotei Captains, Vaizards, Vice Captains and the pillars thus destroying Karakura Town and all his residents.
    So of course he won't be dead after one or two hits. And after two hits he will understand Aizen's Zan flow and will react immediatly and trash him.
    Yamamoto cannot live from a head shot. Aizen is cautious, he won't be like he was when he had WW backing him up. Yamamoto had more than SIX months to figure out a way to beat KS, and you're telling me if he gets cut a few times he'll do the same and win? How?

Quote Quote:
    Also I can repeat tha Yama's Shikai can attack in every direction at the same time, so it would be easy to understand where Aizen really is.
    Also Yama couldn't fight with all power of his Zan from the start, cause he didn't want to harm real Karakura Town, so in this fight he won't hold back.
    He's just going to keep spinning in circles flinging fire around? Even if he did, KS controls all of your senses. Everything involved in your perception is due to your 5 senses. If someone can control them, they control your reality, unless you break the hypnosis, there can be no victory for you. If Yamamoto's solution is just to toss fire everywhere, he'll never know if he's hitting anything, Aizen could be anywhere, just waiting.

Quote Quote:
    And again if Aizen himself says that Yama is stronger than him it should be considered, especially cause it was confirmed by actual deeds from Yama.
    No one said otherwise. Yamamoto is stronger than Aizen in a straight up fight, we all know that. But it doesn't matter because this ISN'T a straight up fight, KS changes the field completely.

Quote Quote:
    Also Yama will just speedblitz Aizen, cause Yama is just faster and won't be under Kyoka Suigetsu.
    WW was able to interrupt Yamamoto's attack on Aizen. I see no reason to believe that Yama is fast enough to actually blitz Aizen, let alone one shot him. Aizen needs only to unsheathe his sword to win the fight.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted xXan's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Smit View Post
    http://www.mangareader.net/94-47594-...apter-393.html

First panel says it all. Yama wins.
    I can't belive you people think that Aizen can win this or even more that HE wins this ... How the hell can you guys know better then AIZEN himself?
    This dude already posted this link where Aizen states the answer to this topic but you guys think he will win when Aizen HIMSELF states Yama Ji is way above him in a direct fight ...

Meh keep arguing with the manga itself .. I am sure you will win.
    Last edited by xXan; April 07, 2011 at 05:17 AM.

15. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by xXan View Post
    I can't belive you people think that Aizen can win this or even more that HE CAN win this ... How the hell can you guys know better then AIZEN himself?
    This dude already posted this link where Aizen states the answer to this topic but you guys think he will win when Aizen HIMSELF states Yama Ji is way above him in a direct fight ...

Meh keep arguing with the manga itself .. I am sure you will win.
    Why does no one understand that "direct fight" is not the same as being hypnotized and trying to fight?

Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

Takahashi
    Quote Quote:
    Yamamoto cannot live from a head shot. Aizen is cautious, he won't be like he was when he had WW backing him up. Yamamoto had more than SIX months to figure out a way to beat KS, and you're telling me if he gets cut a few times he'll do the same and win? How?
    Noone can live from a headshot, but you need to land a hit on Yama. And it's rather difficult thing. If it would be that simple to land head-shots all the fights in Bleach were ended faster and the Bleach would be in less than 100 chapters.
    I do believe that Yama can enure several strikes from Aizen to decide how to counter Kyoka Suigetsu. Yama is a tank.

Quote Quote:
    He's just going to keep spinning in circles flinging fire around? Even if he did, KS controls all of your senses. Everything involved in your perception is due to your 5 senses. If someone can control them, they control your reality, unless you break the hypnosis, there can be no victory for you. If Yamamoto's solution is just to toss fire everywhere, he'll never know if he's hitting anything, Aizen could be anywhere, just waiting.
    If you engulf everything around you with strong flames you will hit Aizen for sure. There is no doubt, so this will solve everything for Aizen and Yama. Yama actually doesn't need to know, where Aizen is. He just needs to burn everything around him.

Quote Quote:
    No one said otherwise. Yamamoto is stronger than Aizen in a straight up fight, we all know that. But it doesn't matter because this ISN'T a straight up fight, KS changes the field completely.
    No, Aizen stated that even in a fight one on one even with their Zans Aizen will loose and that's why he got Wondy.

Quote Quote:
    WW was able to interrupt Yamamoto's attack on Aizen. I see no reason to believe that Yama is fast enough to actually blitz Aizen, let alone one shot him. Aizen needs only to unsheathe his sword to win the fight.
    Wondy was the strongest Arrancar and had insane HSR and Yama managed to desintegrate him with his bare hands and I do believe that Yama can finish everyone in this manga for now (with the exeption of Hougioku Aizen) with his Twin Bone. So I do believe that Yama will manage to spidblitz Aizen as he practically managed to do. If not for Wondy Aizen might have been dead.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted xXan's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Takahashi View Post
    Why does no one understand that "direct fight" is not the same as being hypnotized and trying to fight?
    Err you do know Yama Ji was hypnotized at the moment Aizen stated that right? Direct fight includes being hypnotized because at that moment Aizen felt the need to use WW. In a direct fight using all the skill a individual has is only normal, what its not normal is prep like WW.

Direct Fight = with all the skills a shinigami has but no prep. Makes sense to me.
    Are you also going to tell me a direct fight would mean Yama Ji not using his flames?
    Last edited by xXan; April 07, 2011 at 05:24 AM.

19. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Riverrun
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by xXan View Post
    Err you do know Yama Ji was hypnotized at the moment Aizen stated that right? Direct fight includes being hypnotized because at that moment Aizen felt the need to use WW. In a direct fight using all the skill a individual has is only normal, what its not normal is prep like WW.

Direct Fight = with all the skills a shinigami has but no prep. Makes sense to me.
    Are you also going to tell me a direct fight would mean Yama Ji not using his flames?
    - Aizen said his power was unrivaled by anyone from SS.

- who said Aizen felt the need to use WW? Since he had WW he could be careless with Yama, than let WW finish him.

Thread Closed
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast