Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/7/14 - 7/13/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 502 by kewl0210 , Bleach 588 (2)

View Poll Results: Who wins?

Voters
168. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yamamoto

101 60.12%
  • Aizen

67 39.88%
Thread Closed
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Yamamoto Genryūsai Shigekuni vs Aizen Sōsuke

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Yamamoto Genryūsai Shigekuni vs Aizen Sōsuke

ki0
    No, he actually saif that Yama was stronger than him and it's pretty much a fact, but other Captains are of course individually weaker than Aizen.

Of course Aizen felt the need to use Wondi, unless he wouldn't have made it in the first place. Also he felt the need and thus he brought him to FKT.

Little tocs-Coming Soon 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member thornofcarrion's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Is KS really that hax? Everyone in SS was under KS, he could have just walked there, oneshot everyone to death, while they could not even see him. But it did not happen in the manga, right. It can be argued he was cautious and didn't want to take any risk. Risk of what? If his ability was absolute, he had nothing to fear. A guy like him wont stay down for years and years, for not taking any risk.

I see it the other way around, Aizen, like HIMSELF acknowledged the power of Yama, would not able to defeat him one on one. Even if Yama does not know about KS, a man of his experience and stature will realize soon of what is happening. He was willing to die, got himself stabbed to catch Aizen.

KS may control senses but I cannot see how it can control the use of shikai or bankai. If I am not mistaken, KS has made people see and feel what was not there. Like Aizen did to Shinji back in TBTP or like he made captains to stab each other while they were seeing Aizen. Was there any instance in the manga, when Aizen controlled others' abilities or how they are executed? I don't recall any.

Anyway, its just my point of view. I don't expect anyone to agree but to me Yama clearly stands above Aizen in 1 vs. 1.

Quote Originally Posted by ki0 View Post
    - who said Aizen felt the need to use WW? Since he had WW he could be careless with Yama, than let WW finish him.
    WW was solely created to absorb/seal the flames. I don't suppose he was just happened to be there and Aizen used him.
    Last edited by thornofcarrion; April 07, 2011 at 05:50 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

3. Thanks 6 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Riverrun
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jorge D. Dragon View Post
    ki0
    No, he actually saif that Yama was stronger than him and it's pretty much a fact, but other Captains are of course individually weaker than Aizen.

Of course Aizen felt the need to use Wondi, unless he wouldn't have made it in the first place. Also he felt the need and thus he brought him to FKT.
    - Aizen did say his own power was unrivaled, after he said, Yama would likely beat him in a direct fight.

- WW was created for insurance of victory, not because Aizen needed him.

Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

ki0
    Quote Quote:
    Aizen did say his own power was unrivaled, after he said, Yama would likely beat him in a direct fight.
    I don't recall it, but I won't argue about this, cause I really don't recall if he said this.

Quote Quote:
    WW was created for insurance of victory, not because Aizen needed him.
    Aizen stated that Yama is stronger than him in a direct fight even with KS and thus he made Wondy to absorb Yama's flames, so he did need him to make a handicap to Yama.

~ Forum Fixer ~ 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Miyagi's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree with thornofcarrion, Aizen himself admitted that Yamamoto is stronger, and he made an arrancar for the sole reason that he could take out Yamamoto. If Aizen could end Yamamoto by stabbing him in the head, we wouldn't have WW at all, actually Aizen would have killed Yamamoto before he left SS. IMHO the only reasonable explanation of the events that happened in the manga is that Yamamoto was stronger than Aizen and Aizen waited until he stole hogyoku to make a modded arrancar to handle the only man that could overpower him in a fight.

7. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted xXan's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

- Aizen said his power was unrivaled by anyone from SS.

- who said Aizen felt the need to use WW? Since he had WW he could be careless with Yama, than let WW finish him.
    So you know better then Aizen what he can do?
    http://www.mangareader.net/94-47594-...apter-393.html

This is all the evidence one needs for this fight. Aizen not only states that Yama Ji is above him but the fact that he is WAY above him.

9. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Riverrun
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jorge D. Dragon View Post
    ki0

I don't recall it, but I won't argue about this, cause I really don't recall if he said this.

Aizen stated that Yama is stronger than him in a direct fight even with KS and thus he made Wondy to absorb Yama's flames, so he did need him to make a handicap to Yama.
    I guess we interpret things differently. Aizen only said he would lose in a direct fight (he didn't mention KS)

Quote Originally Posted by xXan View Post
    So you know better then Aizen what he can do?
    http://www.mangareader.net/94-47594-...apter-393.html

This is all the evidence one needs for this fight. Aizen not only states that Yama Ji is above him but the fact that he is WAY above him.

I didn't say I know better than Aizen n.I using a statement Aizen himself said as evidence.
    Last edited by En Yang Ji; April 07, 2011 at 06:16 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

ki0
    Quote Quote:
    I guess we interpret things differently. Aizen only said he would lose in a direct fight (he didn't mention KS)
    I thought it's given, otherwise why he even needed Wondy.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Astray's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

If this is a direct fight with no knowledge of the other's abilities, meaning Yama hasn't seen the release for KS, which by the way we have no idea how long takes, then Yama has this easy. Even under KS Yama is still most likely the winner because he's just that powerful.

Ignorance is bliss.

Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

<hr noshade size="1">

I didn't say I know better than Aizen n.I using a statement Aizen himself said as evidence.
    I was addresing this part:
    Quote Quote:
    who said Aizen felt the need to use WW? Since he had WW he could be careless with Yama, than let WW finish him.
    Then i posted that link showing Aizen stating he is way below Yama Ji in a direct fight.

The first part was irrelevant to me as Aizen's action proved that to be nothing more then bragging.

Country
    Riverrun
    Post Thanks / Like

I was addresing this part:

Then i posted that link showing Aizen stating he is way below Yama Ji in a direct fight.

The first part was irrelevant to me as Aizen's action proved that to be nothing more then bragging.
    How ddid Aizen's actions prove it as bragging?

Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

How ddid Aizen's actions prove it as bragging?

If Aizen's power was soooo unrivaled in SS there would be no point for Aizen to:

Create WW.
    Yama Ji having the posibility to blow him up.
    Stating Urahara was about his level.
    Aizen stating that if not for his hogyoku infused self Urahara would have killed him.

The following action and statemants completly contradic that. So you can chose, that was a lie or he was bragging. To me it was bragging as that is in his caracter ...Remember after he got hogyoku all the bragging he made? That is how he is.

He probably left Urahara and Yama Ji out of this equation.

16. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Riverrun
    Post Thanks / Like

If Aizen's power was soooo unrivaled in SS there would be no point for Aizen to:

Create WW.
    Yama Ji having the posibility to blow him up.
    Stating Urahara was about his level.
    Aizen stating that if not for his hogyoku infused self Urahara would have killed him.

The following action and statemants completly contradic that. So you can chose, that was a lie or he was bragging. To me it was bragging as that is in his caracter ...Remember after he got hogyoku all the bragging he made? That is how he is.

He probably left Urahara and Yama Ji out of this equation.
    - he could have created WW as a back up plan. If Aizen would have won 6/10 times WW would make that 10/10.
    - if Yama could just blow Aizen up whenever he wanted to he wouldn't have had to take such a long time to prepare EJ.
    - Aizen could have just stabbed Yama in the head.

18. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

Aizen himself stated that Yama is considerably stronger than himself, so I can't see how Aizen can win 6/10 without Wondy.
    Even with Wondy Aizen would have lost if Yama didn't protect everyone with his own body from the explosion of Ennetsu Jigoku.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member kamakazi_1996's Avatar
    Country
    England
    Post Thanks / Like

yama wins this

aizen created ww just to beat yama and said himself that he is not in comparison to him, without ww sealing his zan yama can beat him easily
    "This is a weird feeling... You, who once asked me why I distanced myself from you, have now gone and distanced yourself from me. Should I do the questioning this time? Just now, why did you distance yourself from me?" -ichigo kurosaki

Thread Closed
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast