Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi

View Poll Results: Who wins?

Voters
73. You may not vote on this poll
  • Team Big Gunz

53 72.60%
  • Team Toxic Arrow

20 27.40%
Thread Closed
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Team Big Gunz vs Team Toxic Arrow

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Takahashi's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Team Big Gunz vs Team Toxic Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by Jorge D. Dragon View Post
    Takahashi
    I'd say Ishida is way slower than Starrk even in Final Quincy form.
    Maybe, but there's no way to tell. My point was that you simply saying that speed and long range beats poison isn't necessarily true. Personally, I've always assumed Ishida was high captain level in his FQF form. After all, it's the Quincy equivalent of the FGT, it's obviously very powerful.

Quote Quote:
    And also Ishida was under effect of the poison even before his FQF when he was pierced by Shikai.
    Mayuri's paralysis Shikai is not at all the same as his Bankai poison.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

Takahashi
    Quote Quote:
    Maybe, but there's no way to tell. My point was that you simply saying that speed and long range beats poison isn't necessarily true. Personally, I've always assumed Ishida was high captain level in his FQF form. After all, it's the Quincy equivalent of the FGT, it's obviously very powerful.
    While I do agree that long range and speed aren't nesesary the key to the total victory against Mayuri, but still Starrk is the one that will easily win against Mayuri and Ishida combined.
    Also I do believe that it's a strech to say the least to say that Ishida in his FQF was at the level of high tier Captains. I'd say he was lower than Byakuya. It's all the question of impresion.

Quote Quote:
    Mayuri's paralysis Shikai is not at all the same as his Bankai poison.
    But still he was under its effect even before he went in his FQF and he got drawbacks from the poison during all his fight. Starrk on the other hand won't let Mayuri such luxuriosy and he has far more combat experience to counter everything that Mayuri throws to him.
    Also we should assume that opponents want to kill each other and won't seat down, so Starrk will stomp all the fight.

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Takahashi
    While I do agree that long range and speed aren't nesesary the key to the total victory against Mayuri, but still Starrk is the one that will easily win against Mayuri and Ishida combined.
    Also I do believe that it's a strech to say the least to say that Ishida in his FQF was at the level of high tier Captains. I'd say he was lower than Byakuya. It's all the question of impresion.
    We saw the boost the FGT gave, I don't think it's unreasonable to say the FQF is similar.

Quote Quote:
    But still he was under its effect even before he went in his FQF and he got drawbacks from the poison during all his fight. Starrk on the other hand won't let Mayuri such luxuriosy and he has far more combat experience to counter everything that Mayuri throws to him.
    Also we should assume that opponents want to kill each other and won't seat down, so Starrk will stomp all the fight.
    No, he was using the puppet technique. It was allowing him to move himself and avoid the paralysis, it was not the same poison that the Bankai uses either.

Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

Takahashi
    Quote Quote:
    We saw the boost the FGT gave, I don't think it's unreasonable to say the FQF is similar.
    Of course it gave him a boost. I'm not denying it. Even though I don't believe that it was so considerable to get him up to the high tier or Middle tier Captains. I always though that with such tool he can temporary match a low Captain Level opponent.

Quote Quote:
    No, he was using the puppet technique. It was allowing him to move himself and avoid the paralysis, it was not the same poison that the Bankai uses either.
    I was just trying to say that he was under poison already anyway. It might be different, but it's still a poison.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Astray's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Takahashi

Of course it gave him a boost. I'm not denying it. Even though I don't believe that it was so considerable to get him up to the high tier or Middle tier Captains. I always though that with such tool he can temporary match a low Captain Level opponent.

I was just trying to say that he was under poison already anyway. It might be different, but it's still a poison.
    Just like to point out that in FQF Ishida straight up wrecked Mayuri and he was a low Captain Level opponent. I think it's fair to say he was at high captain level to have been able to do that. I personally think he might have been a bit higher, but that's just cause I liked the character.

Regardless, Takashi is making some good points about Stark's behavior. Chances are Mayuri would have poisoned him before he got serious, especially since he doesn't know his abilities.

Ignorance is bliss.

Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

You know also every ability is as strong as its weilder, so Starrk in terms of Reiatsu is way stronger than Mayuri. I think it's obvious, cause two Vaizard Captains in Shikai were quite an easy game for Starrk, so I do believe that weake Captain will be nothing even if Starrk doesn't know his ability and is very lazy.

I won't argue about FQF, cause I think it's a question of opinion and I hope we won't see it again.

Country
    Mariejoa
    Post Thanks / Like

Mayuri isn't immortal...
    There are many opponents that will desintegrate him with ease.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member cracker's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Stark, sorry I mean Team Big Gunz take this more often than not, like 99 out 100...the one being the scenario where Mayuri gets to bankai ( before being killed) and poisons everyone and retreats in that liquid state

LOL at the people who thinks Ishida is more useless than Mats

9. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Banned 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Belgium
    Post Thanks / Like

going off starrks personality..he would leave matsumoto to take care of uryu but uryu owns matsumoto so fast it stupid.

here is something everybody forgetting about starrk

HE STARTS OFF SEALED. ie. he has lilynette near by.

if uryu and mayuri take out lilynette fast starrk would be heavily reduced in strength. he wont be able to release. which gives toxic at least a chance to win this round

(im happy at least a team with all my fanart is in final )

11. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Starrk Doesn't get hit by the poison for a simple reason, it's entirely too obvious and he's entirely too fast and ranged.

Unlike things like Shinji's shikai, which beyond the spinning the thing around leaves no noticeable traits, or Aizen's shikai, which does the same only is instant, you see a giant purple fog, you know something like going near that is probably a bad idea. In some cases this can't be avoided, after all it spreads FAST and worse still CQC opponents can't do crap to it without getting close, but Starrk has the power, and more important range to take that down before it gets really dangerous. Frankly even if he does get hit by it, make some wolves and Mayuri's dead anyway, those can't be affected by poison.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member kamakazi_1996's Avatar
    Country
    England
    Post Thanks / Like

its funny how mats isn't even included in these discussions

i think mats will be taken down by uryu, then stark solos

stark fires a couple ceros at uryu and takes him down, uryu relies on keeping distance between his oppenent but stark is a long range fighter and doesn't need to close the gap,

mayuri can go bankai but stark could avoid the poison with his speed by moving off to a faraway location then he can cero blitz him, stark was able to fire countless cero at shunsui that even he had trouble dodging, shunsui was about to be forced into going bankai until ukitake intervened, do you think mayuri is gonna just stand there and tank the ceros NO WAY in hell would he be able to survive either as a liquid or not he couldn't

i dont know why everyone is thinking mayuri is some sort of god or even a immortal because there are plenty of characters who can take him down easily.

chocolate love would of been more interesting and even magic muscles had more of a chance

lilynette is important to stark so obviously he would always make sure she is safe, during his battle with shunsui when he was being laid back, shunsui noticed that he wasn't really paying attention to the fight between them and that his focus was at lilynette's fight with ukitake, so shunsui relieved him by telling him ukitake wont hurt lilynette but then pissed off stark by saying "will you fight serious if i killed the girl and stopped your worrying", stark then acted serious for once and speed blitzed him and fired a cero right from under him,

if by a possible chance lilynette did get taken out, they will have pissed off stark and he will get serious which would be the last thing they would want to do
    Last edited by kamakazi_1996; April 07, 2011 at 10:29 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    "This is a weird feeling... You, who once asked me why I distanced myself from you, have now gone and distanced yourself from me. Should I do the questioning this time? Just now, why did you distance yourself from me?" -ichigo kurosaki

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Lunatic Scream's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Stark outclasses Mayuri combat-wise by so much, it's not even funny. On that basis, this is a win for Big Gunz pretty easily.
    (Seriously, Matsumoto has been painting her nails through all these matches)

There is SOME merit in saying that Stark won't take things seriously at first, which may give Mayuri a chance to kill Lilynette and maybe poison Stark.

But you also have to remember that Mayuri isn't going to go bankai off the bat either. He has been shown as a character who will try to either immobilize the opponent first. More IMPORTANTLY, he's the kind of character who wants to examine his opponent to see the full extent of their abilities. Chances are he will make the mistake of goading Stark to release (hell, it wouldn't be that uncharacteristic of him to wonder why Lilynette is around in a 2v2 tournament). Face it, he'd WANT to see Stark's release because of its unique circumstances. And then it's whampowdeath for him.

So while there is a rare chance that Mayuri COULD win, it's rare, and Stark'll win this the vast majority of the time... so I vote for him and his "teammate".

Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Takahashi

Like has been noted, he ran through Mayuri's entire Bankai, Mayuri himself, and it was still going. That was ONE shot, his best shot sure, but still just a single attack. Correct me if I'm wrong, but we've never seen a Bankai get completely destroyed like that since. KTM got a hole in it's chest and lost an arm, that's about as close as it's come.

Quote Quote:
    It's not just different, it's vastly different, and is in no way comparable when one stops movement and the other flat out kills you.

Like Hystzen has also mentioned, Lilinette is seperated from Stark. Ishida could wreck her and Matsumoto. Stark's lazy enough that he won't be blitzing, and he'd worry enough about Lillinette enough to protect her if necessary, that's all the time Mayuri needs really.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Raizen's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

While mayuri is dangerous, I think starks easily handles this fight.
    His cero spam is too much. And even if he is not serious at the beginning, hsi reflexes and speed is more than enough to help him dodge mayuri's hits.

Once mayrui uses bankai, starks releases and spams cero.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Stark simply rapes.

Not much more needs to be said

Thread Closed
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast