Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/22/14 - 9/28/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!

View Poll Results: Who wins?

Voters
71. You may not vote on this poll
  • Team Chocolate Love

35 49.30%
  • Team Magic Muscles

36 50.70%
Thread Closed
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Team Chocolate Love vs Team Magic Muscles

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Jackk's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Team Chocolate Love vs Team Magic Muscles

Quote Originally Posted by Takahashi View Post
    I'm not saying it was impossible for him to win. He has the tools to, but he would not only have to come to the same realization, but he'd be required to risk his life just for a shot. Hachi was lucky only his hand was touched, if it was a chest or head shot, he'd be toast. The posts in favor of Tessai were oversimplifying it to say the least.
    Actually, respira also got Hachi in the head; his mask saved him. But Tessai has no vizard Mask...

As for this match, I'm voting for Team Chocolate Love. They have two captain level opponents, and Tessai's hype has already taken him too far honestly...

2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Quote:
    He has the tools to, but he would not only have to come to the same realization, but he'd be required to risk his life just for a shot.
    No he wouldn't be. Teleport a hit building in him or something. Hachi only used his hand because it was convenient at the time as he got nailed already, if you teleport corroding debris it'd be the same deal. Best of all Tessai's teleportation is actually shown to work on inanimate objects already so he's got all the cards in his favor. Time, Ability to kill him, Ability to block, Barragon's Stupidity, inability to piss him off to the same degree, meaning he'd not be in a situation where a Pissed Barragon was not letting up on him that was required to even get Hachi hit in the first place.

All that it needed was enough time to come to a similar logic. Which not only isn't that hard, "Durr, use his own power against him" is hardly the most innovative thing evar, but all those cards help him stall for that time too.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Sevenheadedmirror's Avatar
    Country
    Mexico
    Post Thanks / Like

Zommari is less than useless against Tessai since a simple barrier was enough to block all his love shots, a Kido expert will take him down in half a heart beat.

If Chad takes love he'll stand some time, enough for tessai and him to double pound him, specially with the defence of braso derecho del gigante, may be he'll be taken quickly.

I guess it depends on the way they organize themselves to fight since Tessai will take long (or I would expect him to do so) to defeat Love, while Chad is utterly screwed if he were to fight against Zommari... and the situation will be upside down. (Zommari will still be taken down in a heart beat, which will remove control over Chad, but may be he could hide using Chad and simply use his super running)

Tessai is more of a strategist as he has shown plenty of brains during his secret ark so I guess that's why my vote would go for his team... I don't know. I guess I'm counting on you guys/gurls to convince me.

Quote Originally Posted by ShootToKill View Post
    Tessai's trolling has to end here and now - we know nothing of his speed, whereas Zommari and masked Love should both be regarded as on a pretty high level speed wise. He possesses immense Kido skills, but how much of this skill is directed towards battle prowess, and how much towards other possible functions? Is he THAT much better than a high level Shinigami Captain in offensive Hado? If Kido was as much of an auto win as some people seem to think, I would be sure that more Captain class Shinigami would use it more frequently than a binding spell here and there to catch an enemy off guard, and very occasionally a Hado spell.

Imo, the best gift Tessai has in this fight is that neither opponent knows that he is a Kido master beforehand, and so they might not feel the need to attack him quickly from the beginning, giving him the chance to use a high level binding spell on one of them. However, I don't think he'll trap both before they become aware of his power, by which time they will know to use their speed and attack hard and fast, not allowing him the time required to bind them.
    I disagree. Aizen's strongest move, yet, was a Hado: black coffin. Also in the fight against Barragan the fat guy (forgot his name) was much more helpful than Suì-Fēng, we can infer from this two things:

1.- His lieutenant is captain level.
    2.- The average difference between a Captain and his lieutenant.

Even if Tessai isn't that much stronger than the fat guy, despite he should be, he HAS to be stronger which makes him a pain to Love and Zommari. As well we have to take into account the several acts of power he has shown and the Kido covering his back.
    Last edited by Sevenheadedmirror; April 09, 2011 at 02:07 PM.
    To in infer something and pose it as implied in the source is to justify something.
    The justification that an arc or a story sucks because the author is as tired as us from it can't apply since it's the author's fault it sucks to begin with.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Takahashi's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Random101 View Post
    No he wouldn't be. Teleport a hit building in him or something. Hachi only used his hand because it was convenient at the time as he got nailed already, if you teleport corroding debris it'd be the same deal. Best of all Tessai's teleportation is actually shown to work on inanimate objects already so he's got all the cards in his favor. Time, Ability to kill him, Ability to block, Barragon's Stupidity, inability to piss him off to the same degree, meaning he'd not be in a situation where a Pissed Barragon was not letting up on him that was required to even get Hachi hit in the first place.

All that it needed was enough time to come to a similar logic. Which not only isn't that hard, "Durr, use his own power against him" is hardly the most innovative thing evar, but all those cards help him stall for that time too.
    Oh please no, we'll see the return of "Hachi beats everyone because he'll teleport rocks into people's hearts" logic

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Doubtful. That worked on Barragon for two reasons, dude stays completely still, and his inside is completely hollow. :P

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Kazu-Sama's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

To everybody wondering about Toxic Arrow vs Chocolate Love, I think Toxic Arrow were right to win.

Uryu vs Zommari: In unreleased Zommari might do well, but no matter how fast he moves 1200 homing arrows is a lot to dodge. So he releases, at which point he is royally screwed. He can't take control of Uryu due to the puppet thing, every single eye can be aimed at simultaneously, and he's shown no offence other than control.

Love vs Maryui: Maryui releases Bankai. Love either attacks the Bankai, get's poisoned when it gets destroyed, and possibly pounds Maryui but then dies, or attacks Maryui, the bankai breathes poison on him, Maryui dies, but so does love.

Uryu seems designed to take out Zommari, so Chocolate love losing isn't that big...

But as for this match, as much as I love Chad, I must say I see him and Tessai losing this. He may be one of my favourite characters, but chad is fodder here. Can't stand up to Love, can't keep up with Zommari. And Tessai I must say can't compete with the speed of Zommari and the power of Love at the same time...

Epic Brofist!

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member SaintSheik's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Loser round of the loser round of the loser rounds? This hurts my head. Chocolate Love seems like an obvious enough choice imho.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Crystal Black's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Team Chocolate Love takes this. Tessai might be stronger then what people realise but as far as I'm concerned he only specializes in kido, nothing else. Does he even have a Zanpakuto -which he should. Doesn't matter though Love proving himself somewhat, aswell as Zommari, even though he was no match for Byakuya. Basically Chad gets tooking out quite easily by either combatants of the opposing team. Not underestimating Chad here but he has not shown he could compete with captain leveled fighters of any type. People also need to realise it's hard casting kido on superbly fast people, so anyone with average or greater speed/shunpo.hoho won't get caught so easily imo. Tessai could probably catch Zommari while he's released, but that's ignoring the former position in where Zommari's speed simply outclasses anyone on the filed. Chocolate Love with mid difficulty.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Snake_Cowboy's Avatar
    Country
    Netherlands
    Post Thanks / Like

I didn't think Magic Muscles could beat Aqua Beauty last round and I don't think they can win this final match either.

I've always found Tessai to be overhyped: his skill in Kidou is undeniable, but unless he can use that time/space-manipulation all the time, in every fight, as an instant-win button as some people here seem to think, I doubt he'll be much better in battle than most captains. As support, he and Hachi are killer, but in a straight fight, they won't be as effective. Even if Tessai does have captain-level skill in the other areas of Shinigami combat, it still won't be enough to triumph over Love and Zommari at the same time - something he'll need because Chad is going to be dead weight in this fight. I like Chad and I'm glad he's finally getting a bigger role in Bleach again, but while his powers are growing, he's still useless in against most captain-level opponents.

Zommari and Love, on the other hand, have always been a lethal duo in this tournament: they're both quite powerful opponents in general, but with Love's raw strength and Zommari's Sonido and Amor, they're unstoppable in the matches they've had here. I'm afraid, this fight won't play out any differently.

The match-ups will matter little. If Tessai fights Zommari and Chad is paired with Love, Magic Muscles will be screwed in no time. Chad, even with Brazo Derecha De Gigante and Brazo Izquierda Del Diablo, is just dead meat once Love starts swinging Tengumaru around. Tessai may have a chance against Zommari, but while I believe he may be quick enough to activate any barriers to defend himself (or dodge his attacks by a hair's breadth), he won't be quick enough to bind Zommari or hit him with a high-level Kidou considering how quick Zommari's Sonido is. More importantly, even if Tessai may be capable of defeating him in the long run, Love will have finished with Chad long before then. Against both Zommari and Love at the same time, Tessai doesn't stand a chance.

If instead, Tessai fights Love and Chad Zommari, it won't make any difference. Chad isn't a complete slug, but there's no way he's fast enough to deal with Zommari. The minute he decides to get serious, Chad's a goner. And even if that were insufficient, if Byakuya couldn't dodge Amor, then Chad definitely can't. Either way, Zommari will win. Love may have some trouble handling Tessai on his own, but at the same time, he'll be pushing him hard with Tengumaru and his Hollow Mask.

In both scenarios, it will come down to Tessai against Love and Zommari, which I just can't see him winning. He may be able to block Amor with a Bakudou #81, but to keep doing that without getting clobbered by Tengumaru, let alone launching a counter-attack? No way. Either Love will wear Tessai down, hit after hit, or Zommari will eventually get a good shot at him. Even if he doesn't control his head, if he gets one of his arms, Tessai's Kidou abilities will be seriously crippled. No matter how you turn it, Tessai loses.

And Team Chocolate Love wins.
    Last edited by Snake_Cowboy; April 10, 2011 at 12:53 PM.
    "See you, Snake Cowboy..."

11. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

It's all over and decided!
    Third Place: Team Magic Muscles
    Fourth Place: Team Chocolate Love

I hope you enjoyed the match and tournament as a whole. Please stay tuned for a few special final things for the grand finale!

Thread Closed
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2