Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 595 (2)
Thread Closed
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Shi-Woon Yi MegaConvo Thread

Hound of Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member benelori's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Shi-Woon Yi MegaConvo Thread

Spoiler show

The premise is typical for the high school/martial arts genre.
    Weak kid, who is bullied, and can feel the suffering of his fellow bullied comrades.
    When he meets his master, he gains strength, but not just physical, but emotional, mental strength as well.

His journey in the Murim world just began, and his evolution is something worth discussing about. The place for that is here in this thread, so anything related to Shioon's character can be posted here, whether it's comments on his personality, his evolution, relationships, whatever.

Enjoy, and hurray once more for this section!
    Last edited by benelori; March 30, 2011 at 11:40 AM.

2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    The Original 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member thornofcarrion's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Shioon Discussion thread

I have several question regarding Shioon, some of them may even deserve a separate thread to discuss. For the time being, lets discuss, how he has progressed so far.

1. Do you think his progress or growth was random?

2. Or was it gradual and factual?

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity kidopitz27's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

i have questions too about Shioon's personal life

1.is his dad alive? if not what happened to him (i hope he is a illegitimate child from Sunwoo clan Head or his dad is a famous murim)

OMG TWO VILEPLUME

100% sure that Zoro already surpassed mihawk! 10/06/10

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member revennge's Avatar
    Country
    Joker
    Post Thanks / Like

As far as i remember there hasn't been anyone who mentioned him, so he is unknown factor, at least for now.
    "In peace Vigilance. In war Victory. In death Sacrifice."

Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

It is quite interesting if Shioon's dad is involved in Murim, SUV or any other faction. It will be new twist in the story but I am not betting on it to be honest.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by thornofcarrion View Post
    It is quite interesting if Shioon's dad is involved in Murim, SUV or any other faction. It will be new twist in the story but I am not betting on it to be honest.
    The school is murim controlled it is my belief that this is a place to keep an eye on children of murim descent. So, if Shioon's father were murim it would explain how he got in. Although I'm also suspicious of Shioon's mother. I find it strange that she is almost never around.

Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Correct, I have the feeling that we may see Shioon mother or father or both having involvement with Murim world.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity kidopitz27's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

i don't really know what timeline Unwol and GMR met is it 5 or 10 years ago or more there will be a good possibility that Unwol is Shioon's dad

is Kang-Sung a Temporary MAA chief? if yes i think after Shioon's Ki- Center is fixed MAA will make arrangement to held another Shinmujengpe but this time they will show it publicly (i think the previous Shinmujengpe is for Murims only) so that all soon to be S.U.C are going to join MAA schools instead of S.U.C

i hope Shioon will become a dragon(nine arts or even greater) or even after Kang-Sung Trained Shioon he will propose to the MAA elders(i think there are Elders in MAA) to make Shioon Chief of MAA (i think Shioon will need all the resources he need to find GMR so he needs MAA )

OMG TWO VILEPLUME

100% sure that Zoro already surpassed mihawk! 10/06/10

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity kdowns's Avatar
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Hmm, Even though Shioon's Ki center is destroyed, I've been thinking, will he ever be able to use it again.... We only got to see him use his foot techniques once before Goomoonryong destroyed it..

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

meh my money is on shioon's father being a martial artist, but not part of murim. Like how the Sunwoo clan isn't part of murim right now.

Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Part of me doesn't think we will get to see his father.....

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member shaheer's Avatar
    Country
    Portugal
    Post Thanks / Like

well so far i dont think that his paters existence is important tbh.
    i mean if he dourns out to be some incredible Murim biggies then it would be a bad move from the author
    we are having enough of Kurosaki isshin, Namikaze Minato and Ging Freece in mangas
    hopefully the manhwas wont emulate it

14. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by shaheer View Post
    well so far i dont think that his paters existence is important tbh.
    i mean if he dourns out to be some incredible Murim biggies then it would be a bad move from the author
    we are having enough of Kurosaki isshin, Namikaze Minato and Ging Freece in mangas
    hopefully the manhwas wont emulate it
    Theres been no mention of his father, so far all we know the closest thing to a father for him has been GMR.

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Wowzers's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Like many people, I've been wondering how Shioon is going to get his ki center back. Everyone in the story keeps saying you can't fix a broken ki-center though... and Shioon's super regenerative ability doesn't seem to be fixing it either.

So, how is this going to work?

Well, in the modern world, if you have a damaged internal organ and it can't be fixed, you either live without it (if possible) or you get a replacement. That would either be artificial, or a transplant from a compatible donor.

I'm not sure what internal organ the ki-center is part of, but it seems to be necessary to live as Shioon almost died when his was damaged. This means that any 'compatible donor' is probably dead.

When I saw this page, I was thinking that it was either Saehee, or Shioon's mom in the hospital. The most likely candidate for a compatible donor for Shioon, would be his mom, (or his as yet unmentioned/unseen father). I think that if his mom died, Sara would conveniently find a compatible donor and the Doctor would be performing the surgery.

Aside:
    Sara doesn't seem to be inclined to tell Shioon about whoever it is in the hospital. I don't know about anyone else, but I'd be pretty upset if someone important to me was in the hospital and I was deliberately not told so this might backfire on Sara.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Bludvein's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Wowzers View Post
    Like many people, I've been wondering how Shioon is going to get his ki center back. Everyone in the story keeps saying you can't fix a broken ki-center though... and Shioon's super regenerative ability doesn't seem to be fixing it either.

So, how is this going to work?

Well, in the modern world, if you have a damaged internal organ and it can't be fixed, you either live without it (if possible) or you get a replacement. That would either be artificial, or a transplant from a compatible donor.

I'm not sure what internal organ the ki-center is part of, but it seems to be necessary to live as Shioon almost died when his was damaged. This means that any 'compatible donor' is probably dead.

When I saw this page, I was thinking that it was either Saehee, or Shioon's mom in the hospital. The most likely candidate for a compatible donor for Shioon, would be his mom, (or his as yet unmentioned/unseen father). I think that if his mom died, Sara would conveniently find a compatible donor and the Doctor would be performing the surgery.

Aside:
    Sara doesn't seem to be inclined to tell Shioon about whoever it is in the hospital. I don't know about anyone else, but I'd be pretty upset if someone important to me was in the hospital and I was deliberately not told so this might backfire on Sara.
    Shi-woon will probably be upset when it finally comes out, but I have to say I agree with Sera's thinking. Shi-woon is impulsive that way. If he found out someone he knew was attacked, he would go after whoever did it. As he is now, he would just get his ass kicked again or worse. So waiting for the doctor to come through before telling him is the best decision, although it won't make her any friends.

Thread Closed
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast