Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/14/14 - 7/20/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi , Bleach 588 by BadKarma
New Reply
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Does anybody like Sasuke anymore

Registered User 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity jaymizzo's Avatar
    I had a smaller one but i guess i left it at home
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Does anybody like Sasuke anymore

Suprisingly i initially liked Sasukes character, but just like Aizen, Fanboys make you despise and hate the character.

Both Sasuke and Aizen were in my top 5 Favs, but the Fans drove them down to the hate pitch.
    "Man hands misery onto man" - Philip Larkin

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

Does Sasuke even have any fans? Looks more like he has more haters than fans, like 5,000:1 haters to fans. Like, everywhere I see, there are tons of people complaining about him and his character, bashing him and stuff.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Takahashi's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I like Sasuke. I'd imagine his popularity drop has to do with the fact that he has less of a believable purpose and is more on the insane side. Still, I think he serves as a good antagonist for Naruto, and he's got some amazing abilities. He's far from my favorite, but I like him.

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Rikudou Sennin's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

I dont like any fanboy things but I like Sasuke. With every character, it depends on the situation. I do not like crybaby sasuke or so. But the fighting Sasuke is cool.

News Writer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zeltrax's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Well...the fangirls japanese does, he's ranked second (if I remember correctly) at the recent popularity poll.

I'm not..very fond of him.
    I don't find his actions justifiable at all. He used to have a conscience but now he totally lost it, from that moment he did that to karin.
    I like bad guys, bad guys that goes totally bad and insanely wicked, it makes me cheer for characters like this.
    But not sasuke, I see him as someone that uses revenge as an excuse to be totally bad and insane
    He is evil now, not because of revenge, but because of who he is.
    Maybe revenge turned him into what he is and has fulfilled its role into turning him into an villain.
    I stopped giving reasons for his actions, "he is after danzo because of revenge, he is after this because of revenge or he is doing this because of revenge" No, now it is only "he is doing it because he's evil".

Oh and he isn't strong enough to overcome it, unlike Naruto.
    Naruto is mentally and emotionally stronger, that guy have much more reason to hate konoha, or maybe even the world, than sasuke.

Banned 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    "Quiapo" = one of the most notorious black market in the world.
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

sasuke is one of my favorite character in this series... together with naruto, they will become a badass team mate..

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

He is a cookie-cut character. If he doesn't shake off this puppet usage role and have significant time for real character development, he will have been a complete waste of time.
    Chapter 500 Review <--- My third Naruto chapter review!
    Spoiler show

MangaHelper MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Rikudou King's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

How is Sasuke a cookie cutter character? He has had arguably the most development of any character, barring perhaps Naruto and Gaara.

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jdw View Post
    Sasuke has plenty of fans, just like he has plenty of haters. If Kishi intended for Sasuke to be well liked by the majority, he would make him do fewer detestable things, like abandoning his village, abandoning his teammates, trying to kill his own selected teammates (Karin), etc.
    Judging from the amount of hate I've seen on this forum, he doesn't have plenty fans here. Maybe in Japan he does, but out of it, not much. I see majority of the people complain about Sasuke getting stuff on silver platter (when that's not really the case) or deny manga facts just to put him down, like saying he's not a genius and thus using that as a way to support the silver platter accusation. It isn't just Sasuke the new personality that's hated, but Sasuke as a whole, as seen by the bashing he receives.

Hell, some even try to make him look bad by saying killing 1000 shinobi is less than Minato killing 50 Iwa shinobi and even back it up by saying the Sound shinobi aren't real shinobi even though Minato had teleportation to protect him and so few enemies. Certainly shows how much the person himself is hated rather than his evil personality/character.

10. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Rarhyx's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

in part I he was my fav character, but then i disliked him a bit till he "killed" Oro, then i liked him again a lot but since he is just spamming MS jutsus he has become lame :/

I hope with EMS he uses more his head again instead of pure spamming

Registered User 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member jdw's Avatar
    It is impossible to troll Yondaime. Get over it.
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    Judging from the amount of hate I've seen on this forum, he doesn't have plenty fans here. Maybe in Japan he does, but out of it, not much. I see majority of the people complain about Sasuke getting stuff on silver platter (when that's not really the case) or deny manga facts just to put him down, like saying he's not a genius and thus using that as a way to support the silver platter accusation. It isn't just Sasuke the new personality that's hated, but Sasuke as a whole, as seen by the bashing he receives.

Hell, some even try to make him look bad by saying killing 1000 shinobi is less than Minato killing 50 Iwa shinobi and even back it up by saying the Sound shinobi aren't real shinobi even though Minato had teleportation to protect him and so few enemies. Certainly shows how much the person himself is hated rather than his evil personality/character.
    Just complaints doesn't mean people are not fans. Even people who love Naruto complain about strange things. For me, I think Sasuke is a genius, but when it comes to MS, his mastery was cheaper than a $5 suit. He used Amaterasu for a total of 10 seconds before he became the enton king, and Susanoo for like 3 minutes before reaching the top level. Cheap is cheap. People can dislike more than one thing. I dislike the evil shit he does and I dislike the cheapness associated with his sharingan based level-ups. In terms of thinking and actual combat ability, he is still a genius though.
    Last edited by jdw; May 09, 2011 at 10:07 AM.

Naruto War Tracker: 2 days of combat, 63 chapters, 40,000 alliance soldiers lost (50%). Significant alliance characters lost: 0

13. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Delbi's Avatar
    Country
    The Wall
    Post Thanks / Like

Just complaints doesn't mean people are not fans. Even people who love Naruto complain about strange things. For me, I think Sasuke is a genius, but when it comes to MS, his mastery was cheaper than a $5 suit. He used Amaterasu for a total of 10 seconds before he became the enton king, and Susanoo for like 3 minutes before reaching the top level. Cheap is cheap. People can dislike more than one thing. I dislike the evil shit he does and I dislike the cheapness associated with his sharingan based level-ups. In terms of thinking and actual combat ability, he is still a genius though.
    Sasuke's "cheapness" is at least explainable.

He is a genius, so that explains his fast growth.

He gets better in battle, something even Killerbee talks about shinobi doing.

His sharigan is supposed to be rather powerful, and his chakra is similar to Madara's, the most powerful Uchiha ever.

Now, when we look at someone like Chouji whos sucked the enitre manga and then all of a sudden can solo an entire battlefield, that should be considered cheap.

As for disliking Sasuke because he is a dick, well yea that's understandable lol. Personally I appreciate his character because he's different from everyone in the manga, and its enjoyable how his quest for revenge has made him insane. Either he's going to redeem himself or die trying, so for me I'm interested in his overall growth much more than any other characters in the manga. Granted, thats becasue Kishi has taken the most time with Sasuke, although recently Naruto's growth has begun to catch up.
    "The line dividing good and evil cuts through the heart of every human being. And who is willing to destroy a piece of his own heart?” - Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Country
    The Wall
    Post Thanks / Like

Getting better in battle is fine, but it shouldn't go from zero to lord of the technique in 10 seconds of use, especially when no training was required to obtain the technique.
    Well MS isn't exactly something you can train due to the fact all three of it's ability destroy your eyesight and Sussano basically slowly kills you lol.

Saying that, Sasuke is a genius with a powerful Sharigan. It took Sasuke three fights to master Sussano and Ameratsu. He is a great ninjutsu user hence why Ameratsu was so easy for him to use, and his immense hatred seemed to make Sussano better not to mention it's also a ninjutsu more or less.

As we have seen though, his Tsukuyomi is still something to be desired. Sasuke only became good at techniques he was basically born to be good at, that's his whole mantra, he's the genius born to be great.
    "The line dividing good and evil cuts through the heart of every human being. And who is willing to destroy a piece of his own heart?” - Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

GOT MILLKKK? 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member 3c's Avatar
    Country
    Norway
    Post Thanks / Like

Personally I'm conflicted. I'm going to confess, not many know this but Sasuke was actually my favorite character in Naruto for a long time, however that quickly went down the drain when I gave up the belief of his actions with Akatsuki not being fake. Originally I thought he was carrying out Itachi's will by playing his "keep your friends close, and your enemies even closer" methods, but that was just wrong. It didn't help that he became reckless (attacking all the Kages) and started spamming MS techniques instead of relying on clever tactics either. At the point when he attacked Karin he was no longer my favorite character, but that was rather disturbing nonetheless.

Sasuke had potential to be like Itachi, but ruined it, and that still annoys me. Itachi is a freaking awesome character. I LOVE his fighting style. The problem? Susano'o. The worst technique that Kishi ever introduced in my opinion. Tsukuyomi and Amaterasu are such awesome and cool techniques, but the Susano'o "invincibe mode" feels so out of place. It's just too convenient and imbalanced. No wonder Sasuke lost his previous fighting style, because he can simply stand inside a fortress and spam super fast arrows and punch around with his mecha. I really wish that Susano'o would have died with Itachi, while it was still new and "wtf-awesome!".

To me Sasuke has just kept on disappointing me. He lost the majority of his fighting style. What happened to the awesome Sasuke against Deidara and Itachi? He is pretty much gone. What's left is a Sasuke that mainly relies on MS (no wonder, because it's so freaking good). What's worse is that it's likely not getting any better. However Sasuke is not completely lost, against Danzou I enjoyed his tactical display, even though it couldn't measure up to his previous self. I don't blame him for being reckless there either, I would have gone all out myself if I met one of the responsible persons, I would surely go Susano'o and Amaterasu on his sorry face.

I was also pleasantly surprised by Sasuke's "wait." to Madara when Naruto wished to speak to him. That was a huge hint that Sasuke is not completely gone yet, despite his predictable replies. It shows that he is at the very least interested in Naruto so he's not completely blind yet.

Do I like Sasuke? I'm okay with him. Like Naruto I can understand him, but I can't agree with him. His personality change has disappointed me but that's not the major factor, the major factor is his change in fighting style, which to me was highly appealing and attractive. Maybe his style will change, but I doubt that. I will welcome change with open arms if it happens.
    Don't. Be. A. Steph.

17. Thanks 5 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    The Wall
    Post Thanks / Like

Well if it wasn't for Sussano, Sasuke wouldn't be able to hang with half the characters in the manga anymore.

Kishi was in a sense forced to give Sasuke Sussano due to the fact that all the characters in the manga fight like they belong in Bleach or Dragon Ball lol.

Wasn't Amaterasu mastered in two fights over like 10 seconds of use? Bee and Raikage? I don't have access to the manga.
    He used Ameratsu vs. Bee and exstinguished the flames against him as well after he saw how Itachi did it. Vs. the Raikage he shaped the flames and began using Enton.
    Last edited by Delbi; May 09, 2011 at 01:25 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

New Reply
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast