Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/14/14 - 7/20/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 753 by cnet128 , Bleach 589 (2) , Gintama 503 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Han Chan-Woo (Goomoonryong) Discussion thread

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member nanoclarkology's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Han Chan-Woo (Goomoonryong) Discussion thread

I think of GMR as more of a guy that is out for himself and no others. He changed drastically when Shioon came into the picture. Plus Shiho always calling him and saying funny stuff. Like what if I fed him this. I often wonder how I would respond if everything that I hold dear (my family) was ripped from me. I think of GMR as Kaiser Soze. Kill anyone and everyone that ever had to do with the death of Shiho and his own sacrifice to Shioon because of what he had done to him.

I think after everything is said and done if GMR had his way and all the culprits were taken care of he would kill himself for what he did to Shioon. Because although he is putting on an front for everyone. He is dieing inside and nobody's knows it. But he is pretty wicked at the moment. Man that whole scene where he killed people.

The million dollar question is how is he going to react when Shiho is revived (from Shioon's blood) and Shioon get's his ki back? Cha-Ching

2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    MH's Best Reviewer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Jammin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Breaker: New Waves Q/A Thread

Quote Originally Posted by S-H-I-G-U-R-E View Post
    I don't understand what GMR is doing though. From my interpretation of what I saw, the guy seen talking to GMR (the same guy who order the sniper to shot Shiho in the first part) is the leader of Black Forest Defence, so why letting GMR kill the executive members of BFD? (IF they were of BFD). I'm not understanding shit about the plot! The authors are keeping it too mysterious! Also, was the leader of BFD asking GMR if he wanted to meet the leaders of SUC? What the heck is going on?!
    I think GMR is getting played, plain and simple.

By framing the Murim for killing Shiho, Black Forest took GMR's hatred of the martial arts world up to a whole other level. Before he seemed to want to just forget about the Murim more than anything else but now he lives to destroy it. Where before he was always a wildcard, now his anger and loathing has turned him into stalwart ally. They used his character flaws to turn him into their weapon against the Murim.

I suspect when he destroyed Shioon's ki center GMR really thought he was doing his pupil a favor. By ripping his students ability to do martial arts away, he thought he was insuring that his student wouldn't get caught up in the martial arts world and all the suffering that comes with it. His mistake was in failing to understand that Shioon would rather suffer than be powerless to do the right thing.
    Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for Everybody]
    I Don't Want This Kind of Hero [Esp. for Superhero/Comedy fans]
    Girls of the Wild's [Esp. for Romance/Martial Arts fans.]
    Ultimate Legend: Kang Hae Hyo [Esp. for Delinquent/Comedy fans]

4. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member nanoclarkology's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Recently we had several chapters that showed GMR. The one where Shioon is watching on the phone and this last chapter where GMR had the sword. I think the BFD guy is again using GMR. Filming him at some point to use as a recruiting mechanism for the SUC.

It is sad the guy was really starting to become cool (end of part one) and now he is just a total badass set on revenge njot caring who gets hurt in the aftermath. If Shioon gets his ki center back then I hope his leaning accelerates ten, twenty, a hundred fold. If he was able to master the black heaven and earth techniques left by GMR. There will be a show down between master and student.

The question I pose to all is will Vader(GMR) come back from the dark side?

MH's Best Reviewer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Jammin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't really know(which, I admit, is kind of a wussy answer)

I feel like I need to know a little more about what's driving GMR now. As his student, Shioon meant a lot to him; but by the time they cross paths Shioon may not be his student any longer. He could be a martial artist in his own right. If they meet as equals, and GMR is really the wild dog that he seems to be, I think they'll probably have to settle it the old fashioned way.
    Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for Everybody]
    I Don't Want This Kind of Hero [Esp. for Superhero/Comedy fans]
    Girls of the Wild's [Esp. for Romance/Martial Arts fans.]
    Ultimate Legend: Kang Hae Hyo [Esp. for Delinquent/Comedy fans]

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member dominicanboy100's Avatar
    Country
    Dominican Republic
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by scav View Post
    aw i miss GMR we didn't saw GMR since the beginning of new waves so there is not much to say about him yet. But im pretty sure at one point of the story either he will die and shioon will become the next GMR or he will stay alive and he won't get along with shioon and they will become enemies.
    My friend that what I start to feel... they are both dragons so I guess is going to be like what you said enemy

---------- Post added at 04:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:43 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Jammin View Post
    I don't really know(which, I admit, is kind of a wussy answer)

I feel like I need to know a little more about what's driving GMR now. As his student, Shioon meant a lot to him; but by the time they cross paths Shioon may not be his student any longer. He could be a martial artist in his own right. If they meet as equals, and GMR is really the wild dog that he seems to be, I think they'll probably have to settle it the old fashioned way.
    I am patient but we all going to enjoy when that day come two Dragons fighting like badasses.. GMR vs Shiwoon.. awesome if that happem

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity kidopitz27's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

if Shioon becomes a master (i think it will happen he is like Hyuk So-Chun but even better) and GMR fight either GMR will be beaten or die and i don't want it to become another Naruto-ish talking jutsu that will make GMR stop or die in peace kind of thing

OMG TWO VILEPLUME

100% sure that Zoro already surpassed mihawk! 10/06/10

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member alisdfd's Avatar
    Country
    England
    Post Thanks / Like

i think he would be angry if Shiwoon is killed by SUC
    personally i think he will fight against his disciple Shiwoon in the end

New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2