Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (9/8/14 - 9/14/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 595 (2)
New Reply
Page 88 of 91 FirstFirst ... 38 78 86 87 88 89 90 ... LastLast
Results 1,306 to 1,320 of 1353

Thread: The Bravery

Chibi Onihime 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Iceiphoenix's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Mask.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeltrax View Post
    you two can go on and on and on.
    I can stand them but if I have to deal with them on a daily basis...
    Maybe you adore kids ?
    I know, right? Most people would back away from our threads after seeing our text walls.
    Ahh, yeah, you have a point.
    Hahaha, I've been told I'm great with kids, and I like being with them. If they behave.

Quote Quote:
    WHAAAAT 20 OVER DISHES
    Damn yooooou icei, making me jealous with the red packies and now the fooood.
    Bahahaha. How was your CNYE dinner? Lots of people? Or was it just an intimate gathering?

Quote Quote:
    best enjoy taking while we can
    like, a lot of taking.
    Indeed. We only have a few more years.

Quote Quote:
    I think I'm going to die of envy here.
    What's your next destination if any ? Where have you been to?
    Travelling around must be so much fun
    I was thinking of going to Singapore, you know.
    But anyway, I'll be staying in Shanghai until the 19th, and then I'm going back to Australia. When I was in Korea, I went to Seoul and Jeju Island.

Are you planning on doing any travelling soon?

MH Senpai 九千以上だ! / Kyuusen Ijou Da! / It's Over 9000! phio_chan's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Bravery

Too short, but not bad. PP's Namae no Kaibutsu's piano cover is more badass, though.

Light and Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Iceiphoenix View Post
    Hahaha, I've been told I'm great with kids, and I like being with them. If they behave.
    You should become an educator, just like me

Um.. I don't read the manga, only watch the anime.
    I'm planning to pick up the manga when the anime inevitably ends. I think you should do that too because A-1 has been doing a fantastic job so far.
    Anime-alone only...the plot is fantastic. And to compare, it's like Fairy Tail with the magic actually being magic. I...really don't like fairy tail now. But let's not have me comparing two different mangas.
    Give the anime a go, some parts may be a little draggy but overall it's great. Especially the end of the recent anime arc. I think there's only a few more episodes to go before the anime ends.
    No. As an avid manga reader I can tell that their adaption was good but in no way fantastic.

1. Pace is just too fast sometimes, especially before the Balbadd Arc. I understand they planned to cover as much as possible in one season but I disliked it.
    2. They changed some things. Usually nothing big and some were even appreciated by fans but to be honest, most weren't to my taste and I prefer the anime staying close to the original anyway. There's one big change two.

Spoiler show

3. Censorship. Together with the fast pacing the anime failed to convey the intensity the manga has at points. Granted the anime is better at some points but overall, it just lacks.
    So A-1 is definitely doing a good job but I hoped for more. If anything, I would recommend to read the first 10 chapters or so again + the last few from Balbadd to see what I'm talking about in the spoiler.

Hmm hard to put it to terms since the grading system works differently here.
    Let's just say that I scored 12, while the maximum score you can get is 6 or 5? and with the lowest(worst...) being 20-30. It's basically a compilation of the top 5 subjects, so basically :
    Adds 5 best subject's grades together => Total score.
    A1 + 4 B3s (13) was my score, but I got community service points so a deduction of one point.

=12 points.

Yep, the lower the better.

By my standards...I think I'm over satisfied.
    Sounds good, if I understand it correctly you have one 1 (our highest grade here) and four 2/2-? Just my guess, as it probably isn't exactly the same but close.

Googled Chuunibyou, a romance series
    So..is it good? I think this is the first time you are talking about a romcom in my thread IIRC
    Ah Jojo, watched 3 episodes, liked it for what it is(over-eccentric characters, manly uh...poses? and uh scenes?) and didn't go back to it. Maybe I should? It just didn't really keep my interest but that is completely understandable since the story was from such a long time ago. I'll go back to it someday(like when I did when I first started one piece) and yeah, it really felt like the first few episodes of OP when I watched JoJo, because it wasn't something I was used to.
    http://myanimelist.net/anime/14741/C..._Koi_ga_Shitai!

Of course it's good, otherwise I wouldn't recommend it It's mostly comedy for the first half but later turns quite serious. Love plays a part but is far from being the main aspect.
    The serious could have relied on it's good comedy but instead takes a serious approach on a difficult matter. Don't worry, it's far from being a harem and I'm pretty sure you will enjoy it

And I enjoyed the first part of Jojo, for all it's weirdness. The second part is way better though and the third part (not in the anime yet) is supposed to be most loved out of all the parts so I'm having high hopes that they will cover the third part too. If you enjoyed the first few episodes I'm pretty sure you will like it a lot more when the second part starts.

Grand Secretariat 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member goldb's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Ah the one with that korea drama adaption everyone have been crazy about a while ago?
    I doubt I'll be checking it out because of the artstyle and how long ago with so many chapters but it's really popular.
    I think so. I never checked out the korean adaptation but whilst googling for the images, I did see some screenshots from that. That's a shame, it's really worth checking out. It's got a really good balance of goofy entertainment, action and drama. Especially with the manga. I personally didn't check out the manga until I was quite older, having seen the anime as a little kid. The french dubbing of any anime were severely butchered, so reading the manga and then later seeing a few of the anime episodes, I appreciated the story a lot more.

Quote Quote:
    Um.. I don't read the manga, only watch the anime.
    I'm planning to pick up the manga when the anime inevitably ends. I think you should do that too because A-1 has been doing a fantastic job so far.
    Anime-alone only...the plot is fantastic. And to compare, it's like Fairy Tail with the magic actually being magic. I...really don't like fairy tail now. But let's not have me comparing two different mangas.
    Give the anime a go, some parts may be a little draggy but overall it's great. Especially the end of the recent anime arc. I think there's only a few more episodes to go before the anime ends.
    Sure I'll check out an episode or 2 tomorrow and see how I fair with it. I was randomly checking its wikia page last week out of curiosity, so it definitely got my attention with the inclusion of fictional characters such as Aladdin, Sinbad, Alibaba who I've seen from different adaptations; both films and cartoons. I never did get into Fairy Tail anime; just found the art to be quite sucky personally. The whole magic incantation circle that appeared everytime really got to me and put me off. So at most, I think I watched a dozen or so episodes here and there before completely dropping it.

Quote Quote:
    The pace in One Piece better pick itself up...I know we've been used to this pace for years but it would do the arc a lot of justice if it just hasten a little more
    Ah Eureka Seven and Madoka! Ghibli movies You watch so many quality stuff goldb. Hmm...was about to start SAO but then there were so many people saying how disappointing it was and how in the end it was turning into another harem with just plot. Maybe they are wrong but SAO winning most disappointing anime in MH kindda defer me from wanting to try it out
    So I saw your animelist...planning to watch Kara no Kyoukai
    Just watched it half a month ago in a single seating, yep everything, had day off on that day.
    One of the most interesting anime movies if you ask me. Although a lot of things were overly complicated and uh, magically incomprehensible(as if they expected me to have watched the fate series to understand), the action and overall plot/theme was still comprehensible and can I say, excellent.
    RED LINE IS AWESOME TOO.
    Very true, FI arc was quite meh but the outcome and ends of this Punk Hazard arc has justified the pace somewhat. Not that it was particularly slow, just felt that some chapters were dragged out unnecessarily imo. But since Caesar's defeat, I've been loving loving every subsequent chapter, the last one with Dofla's appearance on PH included.
    Since I only watch anime based on recommendation or positive hype, I guess the stuff I do see are quality. Ghibli is to be expected now, it's Disney/Pixar; you expect them to deliver a certain quality everytime. E7 was quite jarring to get going for me, I wasn't in any sort of run of episodes until 15+ episodes had been seen, but after that I just breezed through it. Madoka on the other hand was just a breeze and I really liked it. It's very different, yet similar to things I'd seen before. Not watched many dark fantasy animes, and didn't think Madoka would be dark or anything, so I was very impressed by it, the plot and logic/theory.

Kara no Kyoukai is now next. bene, darj, you and phio have all said how brilliant it is.
    Red Line I got interested in after hearing Kaiten speaking about it when it came out, I've actually got it and had it for well over a year now but just not gotten around to seeing it. . I will try and watch a few series this week coming, but I'm also quite hooked on Breaking Bad at the moment.

Quote Quote:
    About Valkyria... it's been 12 episodes and I can say as a standalone anime, it's not that good.
    I'm just watching it because of my love for the game and I wanted to see everything animated. Ofc, the anime studio took their own direction and the adaption isn't completely true to it's source but at least the overall plot seems to be there.

VC is loosely based on our industrial age, somewhere between ww1 and ww2, where tanks just appeared and started being widely used.
    It's a series about military and warfare, about how normal humans like me and you become soldiers, while implementing love and friendship in it, it also deals with some politics and deals with discrimination too.
    The plot while not anything fantastic is believable, and the characters are memorable and very human.
    Human is the word here, the realism in this series is done very well with only little fantasy elements.

The game is just fantastic, the anime is not that bad, but it could be much better.

K /end long anime rant.
    Ok, I will add this one to my list nonetheless for a future eventuality. Hopefully it'll be finished with not too many episodes then I can just watch it at my own pace or as a marathon.

News Writer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zeltrax's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

...and if they don't ?

Quote Quote:
    Bahahaha. How was your CNYE dinner? Lots of people? Or was it just an intimate gathering?
    It was just 4 people so yep, more of an intimate gathering. Yours? 20 dishes sounds like it would be a lot of people

Quote Quote:
    Indeed. We only have a few more years.
    That is if we are assuming we will get married soon

Quote Quote:
    I was thinking of going to Singapore, you know.
    But anyway, I'll be staying in Shanghai until the 19th, and then I'm going back to Australia.
    Wow, you'll be spending quite some time in china, have tons of fun
    COMECOMECOME TO SINGAPORE!!1
    but to be honest, it's pretty much like Shanghai with more nature in it.

Quote Quote:
    When I was in Korea, I went to Seoul and Jeju Island.
    Oh I never heard of Jeju island how was Seoul? The people?
    Quote Quote:
    Are you planning on doing any travelling soon?
    Checked my wallet and bank account...

Quote Originally Posted by phio_chan View Post

Too short, but not bad. PP's Namae no Kaibutsu's piano cover is more badass, though.
    I like PP's Namae way better but enjoying Bravery now because it's new and it's Supercell
    Go check out Magi, Phio..just because of the ending song
    but it's a pretty good anime like many have said!

...wait a second! You haven't told me what you think of valentine yet

Quote Originally Posted by naruto-niichan View Post
    You should become an educator, just like me
    I think the society will be better off if i'm not. Who knows what I'll do to em kids when I rage?

Quote Quote:
    No. As an avid manga reader I can tell that their adaption was good but in no way fantastic.

1. Pace is just too fast sometimes, especially before the Balbadd Arc. I understand they planned to cover as much as possible in one season but I disliked it.
    2. They changed some things. Usually nothing big and some were even appreciated by fans but to be honest, most weren't to my taste and I prefer the anime staying close to the original anyway. There's one big change two.

Spoiler show

3. Censorship. Together with the fast pacing the anime failed to convey the intensity the manga has at points. Granted the anime is better at some points but overall, it just lacks.
    So A-1 is definitely doing a good job but I hoped for more. If anything, I would recommend to read the first 10 chapters or so again + the last few from Balbadd to see what I'm talking about in the spoiler.
    Is it just me or was that guy KO'd too easily
    Anyway, I've read the first few chapters of the manga and it is different as compared to the anime(started off different, some parts were diff) , but it isn't that bad.
    Hmm...I think the anime made Alibaba looks like the MC?
    Aladdin is the mc if I'm not wrong am I?

I don't really mind the censorship because of the anime targeted audience and I think it's better than some anime already. I understand them changing some little things, since they only have idk, 24 or 26 eps to work with so they need the fast pace if they want to cover lots of stuff. As an anime watcher only, I didn't mind the fast pace at all because it really felt like FMA: Brotherhood. I really think Magi is the new FMA.
    In fact, I even felt that Aladdin being unconscious was a little bit draggy.
    But then the Solomon wisdom thing .

Quote Quote:
    Sounds good, if I understand it correctly you have one 1 (our highest grade here) and four 2/2-? Just my guess, as it probably isn't exactly the same but close.
    Something like that!

Quote Quote:
    http://myanimelist.net/anime/14741/C..._Koi_ga_Shitai!

Of course it's good, otherwise I wouldn't recommend it It's mostly comedy for the first half but later turns quite serious. Love plays a part but is far from being the main aspect.
    The serious could have relied on it's good comedy but instead takes a serious approach on a difficult matter. Don't worry, it's far from being a harem and I'm pretty sure you will enjoy it

And I enjoyed the first part of Jojo, for all it's weirdness. The second part is way better though and the third part (not in the anime yet) is supposed to be most loved out of all the parts so I'm having high hopes that they will cover the third part too. If you enjoyed the first few episodes I'm pretty sure you will like it a lot more when the second part starts.
    I think I found 2 new series to invest on Jojo is going to be a long ride but Chuunibyou seems to be a short and fun one.
    But first, I have to catch up on PP

Quote Originally Posted by goldb View Post
    I think so. I never checked out the korean adaptation but whilst googling for the images, I did see some screenshots from that. That's a shame, it's really worth checking out. It's got a really good balance of goofy entertainment, action and drama. Especially with the manga. I personally didn't check out the manga until I was quite older, having seen the anime as a little kid. The french dubbing of any anime were severely butchered, so reading the manga and then later seeing a few of the anime episodes, I appreciated the story a lot more.
    Actually, the korea drama deviated a lot from the original, and made up it's own plotlines too. So idk if it would be enjoyable as an adaption.
    Do you know where I can read it completed? It's still uh..ongoing in mangareader.

Quote Quote:
    Sure I'll check out an episode or 2 tomorrow and see how I fair with it. I was randomly checking its wikia page last week out of curiosity, so it definitely got my attention with the inclusion of fictional characters such as Aladdin, Sinbad, Alibaba who I've seen from different adaptations; both films and cartoons. I never did get into Fairy Tail anime; just found the art to be quite sucky personally. The whole magic incantation circle that appeared everytime really got to me and put me off. So at most, I think I watched a dozen or so episodes here and there before completely dropping it.
    Ah no, when I meant I can't stand FT, I meant the manga.
    The FT Anime is one of the better shounen adaptions if you toss aside the first few 20 episodes with the childish approach and magic circles. After that, it speeds up and gave many of its fight scenes justice.
    Only downside? The terrible censorship. Ah but I don't find them censoring the fanservice

Quote Quote:
    Very true, FI arc was quite meh but the outcome and ends of this Punk Hazard arc has justified the pace somewhat. Not that it was particularly slow, just felt that some chapters were dragged out unnecessarily imo. But since Caesar's defeat, I've been loving loving every subsequent chapter, the last one with Dofla's appearance on PH included.
    Once again...no one knows what Oda is going to do next

Quote Quote:
    Since I only watch anime based on recommendation or positive hype, I guess the stuff I do see are quality. Ghibli is to be expected now, it's Disney/Pixar; you expect them to deliver a certain quality everytime. E7 was quite jarring to get going for me, I wasn't in any sort of run of episodes until 15+ episodes had been seen, but after that I just breezed through it. Madoka on the other hand was just a breeze and I really liked it. It's very different, yet similar to things I'd seen before. Not watched many dark fantasy animes, and didn't think Madoka would be dark or anything, so I was very impressed by it, the plot and logic/theory.
    That's kindda like me
    I guess I'm not that kind that spends my time with mediocre stuffs where the anime is taking forever to get it's message across.
    I'm the kind that drops things easily...yep, everything from Ghibi is quality...which is incredible when you think about it.

Quote Quote:
    Kara no Kyoukai is now next. bene, darj, you and phio have all said how brilliant it is.
    it really is.
    Quote Quote:
    Red Line I got interested in after hearing Kaiten speaking about it when it came out, I've actually got it and had it for well over a year now but just not gotten around to seeing it. . I will try and watch a few series this week coming, but I'm also quite hooked on Breaking Bad at the moment.
    Oh, is it good? I think I've heard about it. It's been forever since I watched an American TV Series.

Quote Quote:
    Ok, I will add this one to my list nonetheless for a future eventuality. Hopefully it'll be finished with not too many episodes then I can just watch it at my own pace or as a marathon.
    Haha okay, you can always tell me your thoughts when you finished

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh I never heard of Jeju island
    When watching Korean dramas I think I hear people mentioning Jeju Island as tourism place or somewhere calm to visit in holidays.

I like PP's Namae way better but enjoying Bravery now because it's new and it's Supercell
    Go check out Magi, Phio..just because of the ending song
    but it's a pretty good anime like many have said!

...wait a second! You haven't told me what you think of valentine yet
    Me too! The piano cover for Namae was just.. gorgeous in every way possible. *__* Currently addicted to The Bravery now, listening to it few times a day. But I have to pass the anime, thank you, have too much going on already. XD

And I didn't tell you because I have no plan yet.

Actually, the korea drama deviated a lot from the original, and made up it's own plotlines too. So idk if it would be enjoyable as an adaption.
    Oh, didn't know this. I don't read the manga so wouldn't know how far it deviated or whether it's bad or not, but to me personally the drama was enjoyable.

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Do you know where I can read it completed? It's still uh..ongoing in mangareader.
    Nah I won't be checking that one out. Erm try Batoto; not sure about it there myself but they should have it complete..or well as complete as it got( the series never ended/ was never completed)

Quote Quote:
    Ah no, when I meant I can't stand FT, I meant the manga.
    The FT Anime is one of the better shounen adaptions if you toss aside the first few 20 episodes with the childish approach and magic circles. After that, it speeds up and gave many of its fight scenes justice.
    Only downside? The terrible censorship. Ah but I don't find them censoring the fanservice
    Ahh well the manga is some I read casually; not overly attached to it. As for the anime I've checked out some of those fights; Laxus vs Natsu/ Gildarts vs Bluenote/ FT vs Hades. You mean they censor the fanservice in the anime?

Quote Quote:
    Once again...no one knows what Oda is going to do next
    That's why it's epic shizz.

Quote Quote:
    That's kinda like me
    I guess I'm not that kind that spends my time with mediocre stuffs where the anime is taking forever to get it's message across.
    I'm the kind that drops things easily...yep, everything from Ghibli is quality...which is incredible when you think about it.
    Same reasons here. Yep its so amazing to think of the number of quality animes it's produced over the years; nearly all of them are known and are hits. Do you have a favourite or favourites?

Quote Quote:
    Oh, is it good? I think I've heard about it. It's been forever since I watched an American TV Series.
    Yep it's very good, you should check it out. It's quite long though; hour episodes and 5 seasons

Quote Quote:
    Haha okay, you can always tell me your thoughts when you finished
    Don't wait on it though lol.

Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

...and if they don't ?
    Then it'll be time to bring the pain.

I'll deal with them in a respectable way, obviously.

Quote Quote:
    It was just 4 people so yep, more of an intimate gathering. Yours? 20 dishes sounds like it would be a lot of people
    Ooh, I see. Just your immediate family?
    As for mine, it was with about 12 people or so. 20+ dishes was overkill. Delicious overkill.

Quote Quote:
    That is if we are assuming we will get married soon
    Ah, is that how it goes for you? My mum says that I stop getting red packets once I get a decent job.

Quote Quote:
    Wow, you'll be spending quite some time in china, have tons of fun
    COMECOMECOME TO SINGAPORE!!1
    but to be honest, it's pretty much like Shanghai with more nature in it.
    But the time feels so short. BUY ALL THE STUFF!!
    I will!!! I've been to Changi airport a couple of times when I flew with Singapore airlines, but that's pretty much it. I WANNA ACTUALLY GO TO THE CITY AND STUFF.
    Oooh, you've been to Shanghai?

Quote Quote:
    Oh I never heard of Jeju island how was Seoul? The people?
    What phio said. Yeah, it's very tourist-y. It would've been better if I went in Summer or any time warmer, though.
    Seoul... was cold. It was snowing!!! Had a couple of snowball fights, but then I ended up catching a cold. I went with a tour group, so we only went to the tourist shopping areas... It would be nice to go to where the locals go.

Quote Quote:
    Checked my wallet and bank account...

Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Anyone tried canoeing. IT'S SO EXHAUSTING.
    Felt like I took forever to reply. SOZ!
    When watching Korean dramas I think I hear people mentioning Jeju Island as tourism place or somewhere calm to visit in holidays.
    I generally avoid korea stuff because I am really childish not really, because everyone is into korea stuff and I am not interested and don't want to be a part of it.
    Even when I keep saying I'll read Noblesse I never actually did started(only read 2 chapts) because you know, it's korea.
    Now I realized that it is discriminating.
    Buuuut, still can't bring myself to do it. I know, it's pretty awful.
    This is a confession btw.

Quote Quote:
    Me too! The piano cover for Namae was just.. gorgeous in every way possible. *__* Currently addicted to The Bravery now, listening to it few times a day. But I have to pass the anime, thank you, have too much going on already. XD
    Haha okay! Do you like All Alone With You? I like Namae more

Quote Quote:
    And I didn't tell you because I have no plan yet.
    How was v-day? Heheh, I feel like I'm really badgering you about vday now. Even tho it was long over

Quote Quote:
    Oh, didn't know this. I don't read the manga so wouldn't know how far it deviated or whether it's bad or not, but to me personally the drama was enjoyable.
    Probably because of the main lead....

Nah I won't be checking that one out. Erm try Batoto; not sure about it there myself but they should have it complete..or well as complete as it got( the series never ended/ was never completed)
    Alright thanks! I'll be spending my train rides with this!

Quote Quote:
    Ahh well the manga is some I read casually; not overly attached to it. As for the anime I've checked out some of those fights; Laxus vs Natsu/ Gildarts vs Bluenote/ FT vs Hades. You mean they censor the fanservice in the anime?
    Was it you? I remember that you had some fairy tail avy/sigs(cats) sets so I always thought you were a fan.

Quote Quote:
    That's why it's epic shizz.

Quote Quote:
    Same reasons here. Yep its so amazing to think of the number of quality animes it's produced over the years; nearly all of them are known and are hits. Do you have a favourite or favourites?
    Grave of fireflies. Simply because it was a classic and believe me, it was the first animated movie that made me cry when I was a child.
    My chinese teacher, who was an anime freak(I knew after I graduated), had to show us that movie even when we were just kids and made a lot of us cry. Heck, I remember there was this girl(chinese) that hated the japanese because of world war 2. Well, that movie changed her view. I'm not sure about her now but she cried like heck during one of the memorable parts.
    Spirited Away was amazing too, with all the themes in it that I couldn't catch until the second watchthrough.

Quote Quote:
    Yep it's very good, you should check it out. It's quite long though; hour episodes and 5 seasons
    Alright, I'll give it a go when I'm in the mood for a marathon

Then it'll be time to bring the pain.

I'll deal with them in a respectable way, obviously.
    Okay I guess.

Quote Quote:
    Ooh, I see. Just your immediate family?
    As for mine, it was with about 12 people or so. 20+ dishes was overkill. Delicious overkill.
    15 days had passed since CNY! So are you finally home?

Quote Quote:
    But the time feels so short. BUY ALL THE STUFF!!
    I will!!! I've been to Changi airport a couple of times when I flew with Singapore airlines, but that's pretty much it. I WANNA ACTUALLY GO TO THE CITY AND STUFF.
    Oooh, you've been to Shanghai?
    Ugh, I want to shop too. Especially in places like shanghai.
    Nope, I see in a lot in dramas It's mostly...buildings everywhere right? It's beautiful at night. Are you coming to sg/planning to?

Quote Quote:
    What phio said. Yeah, it's very tourist-y. It would've been better if I went in Summer or any time warmer, though.
    Seoul... was cold. It was snowing!!! Had a couple of snowball fights, but then I ended up catching a cold. I went with a tour group, so we only went to the tourist shopping areas... It would be nice to go to where the locals go.
    Eh, it's pretty difficult to go into a country and just go into a place where the locals go.
    Tourists that come into sg rarely ever step foot into where I live and all they go is those places where the costs are RIDICULOSUSAIBAI
    yeah, if you ever come into sg I can tell you or bring you all the places that are fantastic!

Quote Quote:
    Thank you! But I will never give up on my dream of at least spending a month in Japan . ONE DAY I WILL SAVE/WORK SO MUCH and go there

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Alright thanks! I'll be spending my train rides with this!
    Oh? where are you going?

Quote Quote:
    Was it you? I remember that you had some fairy tail avy/sigs(cats) sets so I always thought you were a fan.
    I am, don't get me wrong. But those sets were more because of cuteness than trying to promote the manga or anything.

Quote Quote:
    Grave of fireflies. Simply because it was a classic and believe me, it was the first animated movie that made me cry when I was a child.
    My chinese teacher, who was an anime freak(I knew after I graduated), had to show us that movie even when we were just kids and made a lot of us cry. Heck, I remember there was this girl(chinese) that hated the japanese because of world war 2. Well, that movie changed her view. I'm not sure about her now but she cried like heck during one of the memorable parts.
    Spirited Away was amazing too, with all the themes in it that I couldn't catch until the second watchthrough.
    I never did finish watching Grave of the Fireflies Oh crap....

Quote Quote:
    Alright, I'll give it a go when I'm in the mood for a marathon

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I generally avoid korea stuff because I am really childish not really, because everyone is into korea stuff and I am not interested and don't want to be a part of it.
    Even when I keep saying I'll read Noblesse I never actually did started(only read 2 chapts) because you know, it's korea.
    Now I realized that it is discriminating.
    Buuuut, still can't bring myself to do it. I know, it's pretty awful.
    This is a confession btw.
    You have no idea how much I understand that. Exactly my case with BlackBerry.

Haha okay! Do you like All Alone With You? I like Namae more
    I have to say I prefer Namae no Nai Kaibutsu, and on top of it I like The Bravery better actually. But the way All Alone With You is combined with PP's ending lately is just way too awesome that I can't ignore the song. T_T

How was v-day? Heheh, I feel like I'm really badgering you about vday now. Even tho it was long over
    Nothing much, was just another normal day due to business. You?

Probably because of the main lead....
    LOL~ Look here, Lee Min Ho is indeed hot but even he wouldn't be able to make a series so awesome if the plot itself wasn't awesome in the beginning.

Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Okay I guess.
    Ya know it, bro.

Quote Quote:
    15 days had passed since CNY! So are you finally home?
    Yep, I've been home since the 19th. Orientation week for my uni started on the 26th, and classes start on the 4th. Goodbye, my three month holiday.

Quote Quote:
    Ugh, I want to shop too. Especially in places like shanghai.
    Nope, I see in a lot in dramas It's mostly...buildings everywhere right? It's beautiful at night. Are you coming to sg/planning to?
    Dem cheap(-er than usual) prices. Though since I went to Shanghai during CNY, most of the owners of the stores went back to their hometowns to celebrate, and didn't resume business until after I left. If you want to shop, don't go during CNY.

Haha, indeed. Pudong's skyline is so well known, though not so much Puxi...
    In the near future, hopefully. I should probably come during July instead of December/January, right?

Quote Quote:
    Eh, it's pretty difficult to go into a country and just go into a place where the locals go.
    Tourists that come into sg rarely ever step foot into where I live and all they go is those places where the costs are RIDICULOSUSAIBAI
    yeah, if you ever come into sg I can tell you or bring you all the places that are fantastic!
    I'll find myself a friend who's a local in the place I want to visit, then make them take me to all the awesome places. :muahaha
    Haha, even when I go to Shanghai, my friend and I just go to the well known high-end tourist shopping areas. When my cousin (who's a local) went back to Shanghai, she took me to so many nice and cheap places.
    You do that! I'll be counting on you.

Quote Quote:
    Thank you! But I will never give up on my dream of at least spending a month in Japan . ONE DAY I WILL SAVE/WORK SO MUCH and go there
    Start saving!! I should start saving too...
    What are you planning to do in Japan?

---------- Post added March 13, 2013 at 08:31 PM ---------- Previous post was February 28, 2013 at 11:13 PM ----------

So tell me... As a Singaporean, do you know who Michelle Chong is? (Without googling)

Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh? where are you going?
    Oh everywhere. I just meant that I love reading manga on the go all the time especially when I board the transit to other parts of the country.

Quote Quote:
    I am, don't get me wrong. But those sets were more because of cuteness than trying to promote the manga or anything.
    I dropped ft after last week's chapter I couldn't stand reading it anymore.

Quote Quote:
    I never did finish watching Grave of the Fireflies Oh crap....
    You should, it's a real..teary tale

You have no idea how much I understand that. Exactly my case with BlackBerry.
    That reminds me...I need a new phone

Quote Quote:
    I have to say I prefer Namae no Nai Kaibutsu, and on top of it I like The Bravery better actually. But the way All Alone With You is combined with PP's ending lately is just way too awesome that I can't ignore the song. T_T
    The full ver of The Bravery and All Alone is out! It was so nice to listen to them back to back and Out Of Control was out too

Quote Quote:
    Nothing much, was just another normal day due to business. You?
    Same actually. I just love to dramatize special days.

Quote Quote:
    LOL~ Look here, Lee Min Ho is indeed hot but even he wouldn't be able to make a series so awesome if the plot itself wasn't awesome in the beginning.
    Heheh, so the plot was primary? I always thought the reason City Hunter peaked was because of the beautiful mc

Yep, I've been home since the 19th. Orientation week for my uni started on the 26th, and classes start on the 4th. Goodbye, my three month holiday.

actually to mine too.
    classes start on the next 10th for me. WHEEEEE...

Quote Quote:
    Dem cheap(-er than usual) prices. Though since I went to Shanghai during CNY, most of the owners of the stores went back to their hometowns to celebrate, and didn't resume business until after I left. If you want to shop, don't go during CNY.
    All the shops here were closed during CNY too

Quote Quote:
    I'll find myself a friend who's a local in the place I want to visit, then make them take me to all the awesome places. :muahaha
    Haha, even when I go to Shanghai, my friend and I just go to the well known high-end tourist shopping areas. When my cousin (who's a local) went back to Shanghai, she took me to so many nice and cheap places.
    You do that! I'll be counting on you.
    Just drop me a message when you're coming over, I'm always at your service ma'am

Quote Quote:
    Start saving!! I should start saving too...
    What are you planning to do in Japan?
    SHOOOOOOP.
    and EAAAAAT
    and BULLEEEET TRAINS
    and SAKURA VIEWINGGGG
    and SHOOOOP AGAIN.
    Rinse and repeat

---------- Post added March 13, 2013 at 08:31 PM ---------- Previous post was February 28, 2013 at 11:13 PM ----------

Quote Quote:
    OW!

Quote Quote:
    So tell me... As a Singaporean, do you know who Michelle Chong is? (Without googling)
    yeah. I didn't google...for real!
    Spoiler show

What about her? She's that famous lady that always jumps around from our english series to our chinese dramas and she's hosting stuffs here and there.
    Never saw her in person tho.
    I know she's also a part-comedian .

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Oh everywhere. I just meant that I love reading manga on the go all the time especially when I board the transit to other parts of the country.
    I don't travel much within the country, so I can only read at home or if I take a walk somewhere and sit in the park but the weather right now doesn't allow the latter. I should really travel more around the UK.

Quote Quote:
    I dropped ft after last week's chapter I couldn't stand reading it anymore.
    I saw your post there. I don't blame you but I had since stopped taking FT seriously, it's just a manga I read for the lulz and to see where it could do. Nothing I see there can upset me or surprise me anymore.

Quote Quote:
    You should, it's a real..teary tale
    I'll try and get around to it very soon. In the middle of watching Minami-ke; I love this series

Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

That reminds me...I need a new phone
    My phone fell from table few days ago. Nowadays it doesn't let me receive messages properly, and it restarts itself once in a while.

I've already started nagging my mom for Samsung Galaxy S3, lol. Or is it a bad choice?

The full ver of The Bravery and All Alone is out! It was so nice to listen to them back to back and Out Of Control was out too
    Sooo good. I can listen to The Bravery at least three times a day. Become a big fan of supercell lately, listening to their songs non-stop, as well as checking some other singers too, haha.

Heheh, so the plot was primary? I always thought the reason City Hunter peaked was because of the beautiful mc
    I think I knew the plot first before knowing that LMH played there. Well, all the more reason for me to watch it.

New Reply
Page 88 of 91 FirstFirst ... 38 78 86 87 88 89 90 ... LastLast