Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/14/14 - 4/20/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by kewl0210
New Reply
Page 90 of 91 FirstFirst ... 40 80 88 89 90 91 LastLast
Results 1,336 to 1,350 of 1352

Thread: The Bravery

News Writer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zeltrax's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: The Bravery

Quote Originally Posted by goldb View Post
    Hahaha exactly; you essentially wait for a "ZOOOM!" then they're gone, then you wait again. The only way I think I'd get my money's worth is to see a car crash in front of me

Quote Quote:
    Ahh good luck for tomorrow. I've skipped over everyone's posts but what year are you going back to and what are you studying again?
    It's my first year. What I'm studying at is what is called a polytechnic which the students take a course that specialize/targets a single industry.
    I'm in the tourism and resort management course and this will be my first year...
    It's...acompletely different life from my secondary school because I'll be experiencing all kinds of stuff. Alot of hands-on and practical in a polytechnic too.

Quote Originally Posted by naruto-niichan View Post
    Long answer tomorrow Zel, it's just too late over here and I seriously need to go to sleep I'm really glad I could help you though! I expect you to get better now
    Oi I'm still waiting

Quote Originally Posted by phio_chan View Post
    Yo, pal. Glad to see you at Twitter. Spam more!
    I think you are the only one here who has seen my face

Quote Quote:
    I see. Well, repairing old phone can be as expensive as buying new phone so that's your choice. Hopefully after being repaired it will stay sane for a loong time. XDD
    I hope it does. just being sane is enough for me .

Quote Quote:
    LOL~ More or less the same, right? How are you liking them?
    What songs should I check out? I only tried one of their songs, BYE BYE.
    It's a pretty nice song, reminds me alot of Yuzu. How do I put this...I like it!

Quote Quote:
    Tell you what, that happens to me too. I've just went through a religious retreat and been thinking about it there. But then again we've come this far so regretting things are just too late. So all we can do is to keep on going and do our best, haha. *pats* I think it's natural for people to feel like that once in a while as long as we can 'get back on track'. ^^
    Yeah, sometimes socializing and being someone you are not to people for a few moments here and there can be a bit tiring. And as it takes it toll on you(meeting people you are not used to, trying your best not to mess up), gets tiring too.
    I don't know why I sometimes feel so different from the person at home and the person outside. I'll work on i guess haha.

Bobbas Veltez 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member goldb's Avatar
    Country
    Joker
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zeltrax View Post
    A former work friend of mine is actually over in China for a year's work placement and went to the Grand Prix this weekend. As nice as it looked, I can't imagine just sitting and waiting .

Quote Quote:
    It's my first year. What I'm studying at is what is called a polytechnic which the students take a course that specialize/targets a single industry.
    I'm in the tourism and resort management course and this will be my first year...
    It's...acompletely different life from my secondary school because I'll be experiencing all kinds of stuff. Alot of hands-on and practical in a polytechnic too.
    Oh that's nice. I hope your year goes well and that you enjoy the course and new direction your life is taking. Depends on what sort of way is easier for you to learn, but I found practicals to be a lot easier to learn than theories or lectures. So what made you choose this course?

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted phio_chan's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

I think you are the only one here who has seen my face
    Ah, that's your photo? Nice.

What songs should I check out? I only tried one of their songs, BYE BYE.
    It's a pretty nice song, reminds me alot of Yuzu. How do I put this...I like it!
    I quite like BYE*BYE. It's so hard finding their albums for download, though. :|
    I'd recommend the songs for Chihayafuru: STAR and YOUTHFUL. If you go to YouTube, two members played for acoustic session, and they're good. That English <3

Yeah, sometimes socializing and being someone you are not to people for a few moments here and there can be a bit tiring. And as it takes it toll on you(meeting people you are not used to, trying your best not to mess up), gets tiring too.
    I don't know why I sometimes feel so different from the person at home and the person outside. I'll work on i guess haha.
    Yeah, it's always about balance. My parents sometimes complained that I only complained to them, lol. So I guess balancing things is the key, although it's in no way easy. ;__;

Uchuujin 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Argh, I really forgot to answer you Zel Gonna do it when I have some time on my hands, just wanted to say that I didn't completely forget you yet

Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by naruto-niichan View Post
    Argh, I really forgot to answer you Zel Gonna do it when I have some time on my hands, just wanted to say that I didn't completely forget you yet
    Haha okay.
    Anyone haz twitter ?

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted phio_chan's Avatar
    Country
    Holy Britannian Empire
    Post Thanks / Like

Looks like someone's enjoying Twitter a lot lately.

7. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Bobbas Veltez 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member goldb's Avatar
    Country
    Joker
    Post Thanks / Like

Haha okay.
    Anyone haz twitter ?
    @goldb3rry but I very rarely use it these days

---------- Post added at 08:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:00 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by phio_chan View Post
    Looks like someone's enjoying Twitter a lot lately.
    Is this your doing?

Uchuujin 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Finally I'm responding I'm very sorry for the late reply Zel =/

Firstly, thank you narunii. I want to say this and mean it, but I think you are a really wise guy and I'm glad that you're an educator. I mean, almost everything you say about me is pretty spot on and I needed this, and needed the amv too because I've been on a low this few days.
    While it is true that there are people that are good at certain things and being stronger at them than others which I think that I have too.

But when I go out there, there are people who are better than me and are especially proud of their strengths. I can't find myself being as good or as confident in myself sometimes even with what you said. It's a competitive world out there. You need to be worth something in order for people to notice you. I guess it would be alright if I am contented with what I have...but I'm just not, at this moment.
    I guess if I'm not as good...I need to get off my lazy ass.
    Aww, thanks a lot! I guess I'm not that stupid but you aren't either Sometimes it's way more easier to notice someone else's strengths (or weak points) than your own, that's why it's always the best choice to talk about your worries and thoughts. I really hope you're better now.

The thing is, aren't there always people who are better at some things than you? That's only natural and can't be changed, but it's nothing to feel bad about either. Maybe you are/were down because you felt their strengths are more appreciated by others? I know that I often felt envy when seeing people who can easily form a bond even to a random person, meaning that they are pretty much liked by everyone. This trait has it's ups and downs but can make your childhood a lot more easy. Now I did work on becoming more comfortable/friendly with people I barely know, until the point where I was comfortable with the change - that doesn't mean I changed to the point where I could easily befriend everyone but to a point where I felt it was okay. I still think I don't need to befriend everyone and heck, I will admit that I definitely won't become someone who's as open and kind to everyone as some of my friends are but that's okay. What matters to me is that you're happy with yourself and not trying to make others happy. Ofc making others happy shouldn't be ignored either, friends are a very important thing in life, but there's no point in trying to change forcefully only because of others. Change as much as you're comfortable with, otherwise people will notice you're not yourself sooner or later anyway.

Okay that turned out pretty long Anway, just like you said, it's a matter of will. If you really want to change, then go and do it as long as you're comfortable with it. I don't know you in person but you definitely should be more confident, honestly. From what I know, you're a great guy, so believe in your strenghts and work on your weaknesses. Easier said than done but I know you have the will Feeling down and depressed won't help anyone

Just not good enough. It's not enough for me to even convince myself that it's something that is a strong trait. Maybe it's about my expectations which might be too high for myself, but I'm not someone that can allow myself to get confident because of some things I have that when compared to the world, are very small achievements.
    Compared to the world? lol, isn't nearly everything small compared to the world? What do you expect from yourself? Make a great invention, become a popstar, travel to Mars? For all I care there's no reason why I should feel down because what I achieved or have is so much smaller compared to others. Sure, I wouldn't mind achieving something big. It's a man's/woman's dream to change the world XD Still most of us never achieve that. Is that a reason to feel inferior? If you ask me, absolutely not. Live your own life. Looking at others won't help you with anything, you have to follow your own dreams and beliefs. And if your dreams are too big to achieve than that's it. Sounds harsh but that's life, you can't get everything you want. What matters to me is that you're content with the things you have and that you give/gave it your all. Yes, if you try something as hard as you can it's harsh when you fail but I prefer to try and fail than to drown in sorrow because I feel like I'm just a worm compared to others. If you try and actually succeed that's great and if not, okay. Accept who you are, that's the first step to realize what you want and what you're good (and not so good) at, afterwards things will get a lot more easier.

Maybe others disagree with me but at least no one can tell me I didn't try and gave it my all. Doing nothing is the only thing one should regret, at least that's my opinion.

This really hits home and it's really true narunii. Thanks, it's a truth that I need.
    Glad I could help Zel. I wasn't sure how you would take it at first (like I was getting too personal) but that's just like what I mentioned above, some things can only be achieved through taking risks.

AWESOME SHITZ. I NEED TO WATCH NEW HXH NOW..SOON.
    I HOPE YOU WATCHED IT BY NOW. EPIC STUFF

10. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Chibi Onihime 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Iceiphoenix's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

^ DAT TEXT WALL.

I see you lurkin' thar.
    Are you alive??

Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

yes i just...lazy to post...such a ...lazy...ass now....
    i've..changed into a lazy ass.
    HOWRU

Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

I know dat feel, bro.

Hm, alright I suppose. Uni started this week, so it's back to less anime more "studying". How have you been doing?

Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Iceiphoenix View Post
    I know dat feel, bro.

Hm, alright I suppose. Uni started this week, so it's back to less anime more "studying". How have you been doing?
    you know when you feel alright its hard for me to keep the convo going, make up some drama or exaggerate stuff bro
    nah jk its alright im also alright.
    not really.
    so many late nights im dying so many projects
    Anime, what is that I don't even have time..i only watch like two series now.
    Oh sorry for the rant.

Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

you know when you feel alright its hard for me to keep the convo going, make up some drama or exaggerate stuff bro
    nah jk its alright im also alright.
    not really.
    so many late nights im dying so many projects
    Anime, what is that I don't even have time..i only watch like two series now.
    Oh sorry for the rant.
    You certainly don't sound alright.
    What kind of projects are you doing?
    Which series?
    RANT ALL YOU WANT!

Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Iceiphoenix View Post
    You certainly don't sound alright.
    What kind of projects are you doing?
    Which series?
    RANT ALL YOU WANT!

Yeah I feel zombie.
    General education, Management of Business...all those business stuff igh
    tomorrow is the deadline and it looks like late night today again .
    all projects deadlines end next wednesday but then I have to study for the upcoming sem exams
    but I have no idea where to start cos i think the lessons lost me at chapt 4 and they are now at chapt 10.
    Exams in 2 weeks, deadline in 1. omg.
    Quote Quote:
    RANT ALL YOU WANT!
    that felt good.
    thanksss
    Oh im watching toaru S and shingeki

MangaHelper 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member riki's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

What's up?