Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 600 (2)
New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: How did you come across Manhwa?

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity matzik1212's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: How did you come across Manhwa?

My 1st manhwa was The Breaker and i instantly feel in love with it . Then i started searching for more manhwas and discovered Noblesse , Ares , Shin Angyo Onshi, Tower of God etc
    I can say manhwas are my next favorites after One Piece and Naruto I'm really glad i found out about them . But still i think no matter what manhwa i read my favorite will always be The Breaker , the best manhwa of all times IMO

2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Mexico
    Post Thanks / Like

For me it all began with Jack Frost thanks to Yen Press I started getting into Manwhas pretty quickly. Then, all of a sudden, my love for manwhas grew so much that I stopped reading manga. I think the only manga I truly enjoy is Durarara!! and Solanin, other than that, I'm more of a manwha fan now.

MH's Best Reviewer MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Jammin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

It's been a long time, so I can't even rememeber for sure which the first Manhwa I read was.

Either The Breaker or Veritas

Both of which I was only vaguely aware was Manhwa at the time but I didn't really make a note of it. I read some other manhwa along the way too (Ares, ID, Freezing, and Shin Angio Onshi ) but I didn't really get deep into manhwa until later.

As a rabid Naruto fan, at the time I was spent most of my time discussing that series but when it started becoming something I didn't like so much I started looking for somewhere else to shift my attention. At some point somebody mentioned Noblesse to me (pretty sure it was Charlie) and I was really pulled in.

After I started reading that various people recommended Tower of God, which I didn't want to read at first because I thought the premise sounded too..."weird" I guess. But eventually I caved in and found I really liked that too. From then on Manhwa had caught me. I started giving more and more manhwa a try and suddenly all my favorite series were manhwa.
    Last edited by Jammin; February 02, 2014 at 06:35 PM.
    Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for Everybody]
    I Don't Want This Kind of Hero [Esp. for Superhero/Comedy fans]
    Girls of the Wild's [Esp. for Romance/Martial Arts fans.]
    Ultimate Legend: Kang Hae Hyo [Esp. for Delinquent/Comedy fans]
    Otogi Taisen Fantasma [Esp. for Harem Fans]

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

My best friend and i loved vocalic and all things otaku. She came across black haze which to me a long time to get into but soon it became my favorite followed by tower of god, crepuscule, and kubera. Now I am an active manwha fangirl.

6. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Shader's Avatar
    Country
    Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like

Hello everyone, my name is Shader and im Manhwagolic.
    Veritas brought me here, it is realy a shame we are not gonna get second part, i realy liked it.
    After Veritas i tryed NoBless...and didnt realy liked it..it was kinda...meh... then i accidently read the first part of breaker (whole in a couple of days) and after that i found out mangahelpers got a manhwa section with breaker discussions in it, so i stick around, then i started tower of god (wich imo got more lightheaded as time passed) then Jammin's signature got in my sight...and well...yea...now amount of manga and manhws i read are equal.

8. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    The Original 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member thornofcarrion's Avatar
    Country
    Pakistan
    Post Thanks / Like

Veritas was what made me fall in love with manhwaverse. More than couple of years, I prefer to read manhwa over manga. And I have found some very interesting series. It wouldn't surprise you if I told you my most favorite series are manhwa, rather than manga.

Shader, its sad you couldn't get into Noblesse. I suggest you to give it a try. It becomes so so better afterwards.
    Last edited by thornofcarrion; August 13, 2014 at 11:37 AM.

MangaHelper 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity kidopitz27's Avatar
    Country
    Philippines
    Post Thanks / Like

my first Manhwa was PING then Veritas , ID , Aflame Inferno , Breaker , Shin Angyo forgot the other ones but i thought that Manhwa and Manga are the same so i didn't even bother researching

but then i noticed something when i read manhwa is like reading an english comics (reading from right) and i read those manhwa by reading left (got me confused except for breaker)

most of my favorites are now on HIATUS damn you Dall-Young Lim for putting Legend of Maian , Aflame Inferno on hiatus and focus on your nonsense named Freezing

i will look forward for the Manhwa adaptation of LEGENDARY MOONLIGHT SCULPTOR in the future (they already announced it)

OMG TWO VILEPLUME

100% sure that Zoro already surpassed mihawk! 10/06/10

11. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner leneq's Avatar
    Country
    Winterfell
    Post Thanks / Like

I saw "Goong" drama and since I had no idea what drama even is as I only knew soap operas and long ass series I googled it and learnt that the story is based on a manhwa. I was so fascinated by Korean culture and found "Goong" so amazing that I just had to read the manhwa.

13. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2