Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: How did you come across Manhwa?

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity matzik1212's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: How did you come across Manhwa?

My 1st manhwa was The Breaker and i instantly feel in love with it . Then i started searching for more manhwas and discovered Noblesse , Ares , Shin Angyo Onshi, Tower of God etc
    I can say manhwas are my next favorites after One Piece and Naruto I'm really glad i found out about them . But still i think no matter what manhwa i read my favorite will always be The Breaker , the best manhwa of all times IMO

2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Mexico
    Post Thanks / Like

For me it all began with Jack Frost thanks to Yen Press I started getting into Manwhas pretty quickly. Then, all of a sudden, my love for manwhas grew so much that I stopped reading manga. I think the only manga I truly enjoy is Durarara!! and Solanin, other than that, I'm more of a manwha fan now.

MH's Best Reviewer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Jammin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

It's been a long time, so I can't even rememeber for sure which the first Manhwa I read was.

Either The Breaker or Veritas

Both of which I was only vaguely aware was Manhwa at the time but I didn't really make a note of it. I read some other manhwa along the way too (Ares, ID, Freezing, and Shin Angio Onshi ) but I didn't really get deep into manhwa until later.

As a rabid Naruto fan, at the time I was spent most of my time discussing that series but when it started becoming something I didn't like so much I started looking for somewhere else to shift my attention. At some point somebody mentioned Noblesse to me (pretty sure it was Charlie) and I was really pulled in.

After I started reading that various people recommended Tower of God, which I didn't want to read at first because I thought the premise sounded too..."weird" I guess. But eventually I caved in and found I really liked that too. From then on Manhwa had caught me. I started giving more and more manhwa a try and suddenly all my favorite series were manhwa.
    Last edited by Jammin; February 02, 2014 at 06:35 PM.
    Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for RPG fans]
    Black Haze [Esp. for Fairy Tail fans]
    Geukji High [Esp. for Kenichi fans.]
    Divine Bells [Esp. for Action/Comedy fans]
    Dragons Rioting [Esp. for Ecchi fans]

New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2