Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 754 by cnet128 , Bleach 590 by cnet128 , Gintama 504 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: How did you come across Manhwa?

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity matzik1212's Avatar
    Country
    Romania
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: How did you come across Manhwa?

My 1st manhwa was The Breaker and i instantly feel in love with it . Then i started searching for more manhwas and discovered Noblesse , Ares , Shin Angyo Onshi, Tower of God etc
    I can say manhwas are my next favorites after One Piece and Naruto I'm really glad i found out about them . But still i think no matter what manhwa i read my favorite will always be The Breaker , the best manhwa of all times IMO

2. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Mexico
    Post Thanks / Like

For me it all began with Jack Frost thanks to Yen Press I started getting into Manwhas pretty quickly. Then, all of a sudden, my love for manwhas grew so much that I stopped reading manga. I think the only manga I truly enjoy is Durarara!! and Solanin, other than that, I'm more of a manwha fan now.

MH's Best Reviewer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Jammin's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

It's been a long time, so I can't even rememeber for sure which the first Manhwa I read was.

Either The Breaker or Veritas

Both of which I was only vaguely aware was Manhwa at the time but I didn't really make a note of it. I read some other manhwa along the way too (Ares, ID, Freezing, and Shin Angio Onshi ) but I didn't really get deep into manhwa until later.

As a rabid Naruto fan, at the time I was spent most of my time discussing that series but when it started becoming something I didn't like so much I started looking for somewhere else to shift my attention. At some point somebody mentioned Noblesse to me (pretty sure it was Charlie) and I was really pulled in.

After I started reading that various people recommended Tower of God, which I didn't want to read at first because I thought the premise sounded too..."weird" I guess. But eventually I caved in and found I really liked that too. From then on Manhwa had caught me. I started giving more and more manhwa a try and suddenly all my favorite series were manhwa.
    Last edited by Jammin; February 02, 2014 at 06:35 PM.
    Jammin's Recommended Reading
    The Gamer [Esp. for Everybody]
    I Don't Want This Kind of Hero [Esp. for Superhero/Comedy fans]
    Girls of the Wild's [Esp. for Romance/Martial Arts fans.]
    Ultimate Legend: Kang Hae Hyo [Esp. for Delinquent/Comedy fans]

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

My best friend and i loved vocalic and all things otaku. She came across black haze which to me a long time to get into but soon it became my favorite followed by tower of god, crepuscule, and kubera. Now I am an active manwha fangirl.

6. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Shader's Avatar
    Country
    Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like

Hello everyone, my name is Shader and im Manhwagolic.
    Veritas brought me here, it is realy a shame we are not gonna get second part, i realy liked it.
    After Veritas i tryed NoBless...and didnt realy liked it..it was kinda...meh... then i accidently read the first part of breaker (whole in a couple of days) and after that i found out mangahelpers got a manhwa section with breaker discussions in it, so i stick around, then i started tower of god (wich imo got more lightheaded as time passed) then Jammin's signature got in my sight...and well...yea...now amount of manga and manhws i read are equal.

8. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2