Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (10/13/14 - 10/19/14).
Forum News: The nomination phase of the Community Awards 2014 is live! Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 515 (2)
Thread Closed
Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16

Thread: Volume 32 (Chapters 277-286) Discussion

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Absolutio's Avatar
    Country
    Israel
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Berserk 286 Discussion

I don't think that this episode is crappy or w/e. It's still untranslated. But from just looking at it I do feel a bit dissapointment. Not because the lack of battle, and not because it's a "calm" episode. It just frustrates me that I had to wait almost 2 months for 21 pages which doesnt show really a progress in the story, and although their art is excellent as always (Miura is a genious!), I just don't understand why it took him almost 2 months.
    Reading any manga, doesnt matter how good it is, with those huge time gaps between each chapter, like we had this year, is very frustrating and a real "turn off".

Luffy: Sanji, prepare the lunch-box!
    Sanji: Lunch-box?
    Luffy: Yes. A pirate's lunch-box!
    *Pirate's lunch-box is for increasing one's power, so there will be no vegetables.
    -One Piece Side-Stories Covers Coloring Project! OP Colorist? Check it out now!

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner ShinuZERO's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, that's why it sucks that the only manga's I keep up with are Berserk and Gantz cause the gaps between chapters are huge. It's kind of depressing waiting for the next chapter.

MH Senpai 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity The Boff's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

i cant believe what im reading here people.....
    how can you say these things?
    are we reading the same manga here?
    i mean i for one was freakin overjoyed from this chapter and so far ive only watched the pretty pictures cause i cant read japanese.
    and it had more than i thought! obviously farneze has become quite adept at her magic, staff knight is as cool as ever....

no i cant understand how you people say these things... you have to look at the bigger picture. i mean, we've just finished a huge battle here. i mean ofcourse the story has to take some playing now! otherwise i would stop reading this, if it was just slaughter after slaughter.
    the story is the most essential part in all kinds of manga/movie/comic/tv-series-whatever. we need the story!

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

decent ep imo. funny and interesting as usual. I realize I need patience with it, as I read all the back eps in a WEEK one time, so it's funny the waits now between eps. I almost think if you want satisfaction now from this manga... wait up until the end of a story arc is published and then read the arc in one sitting. otherwise, well all indications have been from the past year or so of rather unsatisfying release schedules so that might not be a bad idea. too bad I've read too much of the current stories to stop.

MH Senpai 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Toad Sage's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I thought this chapter was a great segue from the Griffith material into what Guts and co. are up to; after all tension in that arc, it was refreshing to see Guts' group have time to practice and heal. Including some material on Isidoro's and Farneses's progress was interesting, especially Farnese since they are on their way to Elfhelm were her magical talents will probably be upgraded. The last scene with Casca becoming excited about something on the horizon means to me either there is a huge sea monster battle coming, or they may be approaching Elfhelm at last. In either case, it promises that something exciting shall happen next chapter. And last, the art work was incredible, so overall great chapter imo.
    Last edited by Toad Sage; June 30, 2007 at 01:27 AM.
    Toad Demon of the mysterious Myouboku Mountain.

Registered User 中級員 / Chuukyuuin / Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Toad Sage View Post
    And last, the art work was incredible, so overall great chapter imo.
    I'd say the same, except art is top-notch first. ;]
    Great chapter for character development indeed.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner thegeekykitty's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Toad Sage View Post
    I thought this chapter was a great segue from the Griffith material into what Guts and co. are up to; after all tension in that arc, it was refreshing to see Guts' group have time to practice and heal. Including some material on Isidoro's and Farneses's progress was interesting, especially Farnese since they are on their way to Elfhelm were her magical talents will probably be upgraded. The last scene with Casca becoming excited about something on the horizon means to me either there is a huge sea monster battle coming, or they may be approaching Elfhelm at last. In either case, it promises that something exciting shall happen next chapter. And last, the art work was incredible, so overall great chapter imo.
    Agreed! This is a great opportunity to Farnese to finally become a character that I (as an addicted reader) can be proud of. Though considering Casca, she might just be excited because of a dolphin, not necessarily anything major.

Seeing Gatts though...awesome scars! More to add to the collection.

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member Patoz's Avatar
    Country
    Italy
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Berserk 285 Discussion

thanks for the raws!
    "Condoms aren't completely safe. A friend of mine was wearing one and got hit by a bus" ~ Bob Rubin

"Do infants enjoy infancy as much as adults enjoy adultery?" ~ Murray Banks

"Tell him I've been too fucking busy - or viceversa." ~ Dorothy Parker

"The pure and simple truth, is rarely pure and never simple." ~ Oscar Wilde

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner alicia's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Berserk 285 Discussion

yeah thankz

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Windmillblade's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Berserk 284 Discussion

maybe if the re-airings of the anime gets good ratings maybe here will be a equel. Oh and wht channel is animax?.

Thread Closed
Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16