Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 by Bomber D Rufi
Thread Closed
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Volume 31 (Chapters 274-275) Discussion

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

Volume 31 (Chapters 274-275) Discussion

Go here for all Berserk 273 goodies!

Damn, now Guts is wielding a blazing sword? This manga just keeps getting better and better!

Discuss here what you think's gonna happen in the next chapter!

EDIT: Chapter's out!
    Last edited by Drmke; January 30, 2010 at 12:21 AM. Reason: merged threads

Translator 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Berserk 274 Predictions

Old guy.. gets... owned?
    [size=12pt]<br />Want to give back to the community? Visit The Academy.[/size]

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Wow, an amazing chapter. As I thought, Shierke used her powers in conjunction with Guts. In reguards to next chapter, I don't think the old sorceror will be killed, he is just not bad enough. While, indeed, he is a suspected apostle, he is clearly not as corrupted and has not shown any past misdeeds (such as eating and torturing people) that have distinguished the other apostles. I think he will accept defeat, flee, or perhaps, even join the group as an offsider ally (like Skull Knight). Guts, having shown to have regained his humanity with his companions and progressed, will not simply slaughter the old man. Nor will his companions let him (unless, I have missed something and Serpico has already cut the sorceror along with the snake).
    no way to way, no limitation to limitation..<br />

MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Dragonzair's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm wishing the old guy gets killed. T_T

And nah, Serpico didn't cut the old guy coz he went underwater, and was missed. Unless I missed something as well. >_>;;

The old guy, if defeated, may (as bboyjo said) would accept defeat, or even flee. But I really can't see him wnting to join sides with Gutts. XD

But yeah,I agree that Gutts wouldn't harm him at all. I can't remember, but is there still a ship waiting for the group? If there is, then I think the next chapter would be something like: first half - old guy and group, next half - group travelling at sea?

Dunno. I'm not really expecting any action. Maybe a few talking here and there, and maybe Gutts asking Puck mroe about his homeland (hopefully )

"Growing older is mandatory, growing up is optional."

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Silhouette's Avatar
    Country
    New Zealand
    Post Thanks / Like

mmm I really can't see why Daiba is not evil or Guts won't kill him,do remember few chapters back when Serpico killed the Kushan priests who sent tiger familiars to the ball? I mean after all the distruction Daiba brought, he deserves to be killed.

Their might be few tricks up Daiba's sleeve, he might escape death by running away. I predict Daiba will run away and won't be killed. Guts and company will set sail and that Azan (the mostach knight) will be joining them. how? he will be sleeping on one of them ships or fighting in the harbour area, recognizes Farnese and join in. elfhelm here we come!!

CLICK SIGNATURE ABOVE FOR BLEACH & OP COLOURED PAGES

Scanlator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bboyjo
    Wow, an amazing chapter.  As I thought, Shierke used her powers in conjunction with Guts.  In reguards to next chapter, I don't think the old sorceror will be killed, he is just not bad enough.  While, indeed, he is a suspected apostle, he is clearly not as corrupted and has not shown any past misdeeds (such as eating and torturing people) that have distinguished the other apostles.  I think he will accept defeat, flee, or perhaps, even join the group as an offsider ally (like Skull Knight).  Guts, having shown to have regained his humanity with his companions and progressed, will not simply slaughter the old man.  Nor will his companions let him (unless, I have missed something and Serpico has already cut the sorceror along with the snake).
    i share your opinions. If he is an apostle, i expect this fight to continue.ie Drag on. And get super duper. Because if this is the guy standing in their way to the sea, he reall will be one of the sub-powerful/weaker enemies guts has faced so far, even though he seems quite powerful. i guess what i am saying is, i am expecting more. Even if calling the fire of the wheel to merge with guts sword makes the schierke and guts duo superb- this sorcerer may have something else up his sleeve. I remember guts fight with the roman catholic apostle(forgotten his name)- it started just like this until it got even more subalashi and ridiculously powerful.
    if that doesnt happen, Then i expect something else to come up (ie supposing the old sorcerer gets killed in the next strike by the sword and the crimson fire) we are sure to find a worse challenge upfield.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Slyman's Avatar
    Country
    Chile
    Post Thanks / Like

he'll flee, I guess. he's supposed to be one of the most powerful Kushan sorcerers or whatever, so, he should flee.. I kinda like the guy.. he's got time to make jokes in the middle of a pinch and he's really strong.. and if he works for the Kushan Emperor, whatever his name is, then he would end up fighting against the new Taka no Dan eventually, so, that's good, having such a badass wizzard kicking Griffith's minions asses... so... he should run and let Gatts and the party get to the elves, hopefully with Azan, as somebody already said.. it would be awesome if he joins too.... that guy rocks and is fun.. *O*

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

the snake was only cut the old guy was not....both were OUT of the water snake...the old guy...well I am not really sure as to what to say about him...he is stoic like...doesn't have no real hatred....a old man who was told to fight and had to for his abilities....The wierd predicition is he joins them as to teach both girls magic and examines caska and makes some assumptions of his own...I never seen a kushan fight with guts befor ( as a priest) and determine what the outcome would be vs him fighting a warrior like dude...death or life if he is not strong enough. mmm yoruichi hotness....

Scanlator 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity
    Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

if the old guy does join guts, it will be the first time i have seen such in guts since the fights with the apostles began. I hope my memory serves me right. if he dies, so soon, this would have been one of the less challenging fights guts has fought in a long while against a powerful enemy. of course he is been fighting crocs and monsters for quite a while- but i expected this sorcerer to be way stronger than he is now. Otherwise there will be a catch to him suddenly losing.

Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

Berserk 275 Discussion

Go here for Berserk 274!

Predict what happens next here!

Country
    New Zealand
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Berserk 275 Predictions

I have wondered if the Kushan King would appear after the defeat of his army, what do you know!! I was right for once

the situation is really bad, Gutts-Shierke combo was broken by force, they both are in a bad shape, and Gutts is not in Berserker mode, the king is about to fry him...and the rest after he is done with Gutts..I really can't see any one helping them and saving Gutt's behind other than:
    1-Skull Knight who is extremely powerful that he can take on the five apostle kings and he can take on the Kushan King..may be use his special sword to cut throw dimentions and transfer Gutts and company to another place (like he did with Gutts in the trolls cave), but it still wouldn't be safe to travel on a ship
    2-the attention of the Kushan King will be diverted by Griffith's army attacking his palace, thus giving Gutts and company a chance to escape
    3- A new powerful character entering the fight
    the only reason I excluded Flora (Sheirke's teacher who became a spirit) is because of the absence of spirits in the city.
    I kinda think the second possibility is the highest, but after all they all could be wrong!
    Any other ideas?

Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

Kushan King was majorly cool, it was like Guts was fighting Zeus for a while there!

Yeah, I'm left wondering how they'll get out of this one. Quite a formidable enemy. No idea what will happen next, to be honest, but I'm doubtful the Skull Knight will come to the rescue again. Do that too much and the author will get accused of leaning on him as a plot device..

I like the idea of Griffith's army arriving though.

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner
    Country
    Australia
    Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, I was inclined to say Skull Knight like you Silhouette, but as Gold Knight explained, he is getting a bit old ;D. Knowing Mimuira I would guess that something much more unexpected will happen, a twist. My guess (like Silhouette's) is that Griffith will come to the rescue, his instinct, borne from his reincarnation from Gut's devil child, to protect his parents will possibly arise. But I doubt that even ol' Fog/Mist King will be able to wtihdrawl a lighting bolt already deployed (its mere miliseconds away from hitting Guts right?), in order to rescue his palace from attack. A remote possibility could even be Daiba intervening to save Guts (though I highly doubt it), maybe even that "circus fighter" Kushan Prince guy (the guy the wields the whips and rings...?). Thoughts, feelings?
    no way to way, no limitation to limitation..<br />

Country
    New Zealand
    Post Thanks / Like

I have to say I really want all my predictions to be wrong this time, I want Miura to surprise us all
    Just like you bboyjo, I highly doubt that Silat ("the circus fighter") will try to save Gutts, after all Silat is serving the Kushan King to revive his clan and I don't see him sacrificing this goal to save a former rival like Gutts, plus what can Silat do ? Gutts will need a stronger fighter than he is to help out. What if Gutts jumps in the water? would that save him? man it will be a bumer if he does and finds himself facing one of them whale like familiars.
    I just love it, Gutts' struggle and fights in desperate situations is what makes him a hero...my favourite manga my favourite hero.

Country
    Abu Dhabi
    Post Thanks / Like

Who is Daiba again?

And yeah, Miura's known for doing the unexpected. I'm starting to wonder if Schierke won't get killed actually...

Thread Closed
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast