Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/11/14 - 8/17/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Bleach 592 by BadKarma , Gintama 506 (2)

View Poll Results: If you saw a person suddenly getting attacked/mugged what would you do?

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • Nothing it doesnt concern me

1 5.56%
  • Rush in to help

11 61.11%
  • Call the police

2 11.11%
  • Try and scare him away by shouting at him

4 22.22%
New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Would You Help A Stranger In Need

Registered User 初心者/ Shoshinsha / Beginner Joefish's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: Would You Help A Stranger In Need

I was more than once in that kinda situation. If you know how it feels being helpless and nobody does care about you or is too scared to take action you most likely will help others. My problem is that I don't think about what to do if I see somebody getting attacked. I just rush in to help and that was most of the time not a good idea. Especially if you're outnumbered.
    You really should think about the risks first and analyse the situation before risking your own life and get stabbed.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member Ochiru's Avatar
    Country
    Finland
    Post Thanks / Like

I would rush out to help.Why?My basic moral says so my heart and my pride couldnt just let me watch somebody getting attacked and such so I would rush out to help even if he had knife or anything I would most certainly go to help besides I like to help people besides in Finnish law there is article where it reads that we have duty to go help people if its possible so yeah besides I have my martial arts practice to back me up for example if he has a knife I can always unarm him

Light and Shadow 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member naruto-niichan's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by alphabeta View Post
    It all comes down to this. It's cool to step infront of a gangster protecting someone else like superman, and you'll be regarded as a hero, HOWEVER, it is definitely NOT COOL to be dead.

So, you choose to be a living looser, or a dead hero?

Of course this is over-exagaration, but if you change living looser, into living guy / girl, who thinks his own life costs more than others, and dead hero into half-alive / sevearly injured person, you'll have the description of egoism...

I think my own life is more important, than anyone else's here.
    Freid thinks his own life is more important than anyone else's here, including mine.
    Shaheer thinks his own life is more important... blah, blah, blah.

You can see what i mean. If you think, after reading this post, i'm an egoist... well, i am, and if you think you're not, then you're Mother Theresa, resurected... what i highly doubt.
    well it's not like I would rush in when an armored group of boys attack someone, that would just be some kind of suicide. Still if there are more people I would try to get them together or I would at least shout to try to scare them away. Sometimes you just need someone to step forward and then the rest will join you.

If I'm alone I would at least call the police, as I think it would be way too cruel to do nothing

and I knew you are an egoist

Registered User 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member faintsmile1992's Avatar
    Country
    Casterly Rock
    Post Thanks / Like

Me? I live by my own standards but I wouldn't get involved unless I had a reason to. I might live morally in that I follow my own standards but I'm not an altruist, either. Why would I take risks where I won't get anything out of it, and I can't assume they'd reciprocate? I'm not someone who hurts other people for no reason, but I'm not some hero who gets involved where its nothing to do with me and I don't understand why anyone would.

Halfway 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

I'd try to help the person in trouble / distress.

On Monday, whilst traveling on the road a motorist collided with another car right in-front of me as we were coming up to the intersection.

Since I was working in ambulance, my co-worker and I - had stopped to help the lady. We were heading-elsewhere at the time. We managed to put the fire out in the car using the fire extinguisher checked out the victims and left the rest of the case to the medics who came by shortly.

About a month ago, a girl came up to me asking for help. She was scantly dressed and wet. The rain had started as well, to me, the girl looked like she ran away from home. She asked if I knew a cab or cab's number. I said no, but being the nice guy I am - I looked up a local cab and called one for her. So in about 10 minutes or so - the cab comes, picks up the girl, takes her home.

Roughly 20 minutes after that - I get a call back from the cab driver saying, the girl and or her family, didnt pay the cab fee. The driver said to me something to the likes of "Never - help anyone out again". He also said he thought about calling the cops on the girl but chose not to. I didn't apologize to the cab driver for the girl not paying or wasting his time / fuel but that really tested my faith in humanity.

6. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
New Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2