Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Celebrate MH's birthday and the RETURN OF MANGA!! Start downloading, translating and scanlating manga HERE - legally!
Like us on Facebook, Follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year of MH and check out our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga: (4/7/14 - 4/13/14).
Site News: Check out our new sections: Nisekoi and Kingdom
Events: Nominate and vote for the winners in the Seinen Awards!
Translations: Gintama 490 by Bomber D Rufi , One Piece 744 by cnet128 , Bleach 576 by cnet128
New Reply
Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: MangaHelpers Development Suggestion Thread

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つMOLLY༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member xi0's Avatar
    Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: MangaHelpers Development Suggestion Thread

Such a feature would probably require editing of code, or a plugin, which I can't say myself exists. It might though. A better question for our Techs

Moemin 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member 3c's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Such a feature would also have a small negative consequence. It's great in threads with low activity i.e. few posts, but imagine that feature applying in highly active threads such as the Big 3 chapter discussions. The threads would constantly be marked as unread due to posts constantly being edited. Looking through such a thread for edited posts, which I doubt the vast majority would bother with, would be an annoyance. This is only one small negative factor. I can see why it would be useful. I've heard this complaint several times before from both staff and members.

3. Like 2 Member(s) likes this post
    Reviewer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity alphabeta's Avatar
    Country
    Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by 3c View Post
    Such a feature would also have a small negative consequence. It's great in threads with low activity i.e. few posts, but imagine that feature applying in highly active threads such as the Big 3 chapter discussions. The threads would constantly be marked as unread due to posts constantly being edited. Looking through such a thread for edited posts, which I doubt the vast majority would bother with, would be an annoyance. This is only one small negative factor. I can see why it would be useful. I've heard this complaint several times before from both staff and members.
    Yeah, I had the same thought when posting my suggestion. Maybe it would be possible to apply this feature only for the last page of a thread, becuase I agree that it's stupid to re-check a post at page 4 when the whole thread has 35 pages.

Maybe only the last page or only posts which made in the last 24 hours?

Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member sabret00the's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiten View Post
    Tapatalk is not really a decision that can be made at the staff level. I can talk to njt, the owner, about it. MH traditionally does not use programs like tapatalk, I can't promise very much. If you don't here back from me, expect the worst. As a droid user, I agree that our mobile version leaves a lot to be desired.
    Did you ever get any feedback from njt regarding tapatalk?
    *Have you taken a look at Onepunch-Man? You should consider it, it's a great manga!

SQUEE x 9000 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I have not, I will poke him again soon though. We could use a workable mobile version, I'll see if they are interested in using tapatalk as our mobile platform.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Is it possible to get the yellow "new post" icons back? Since the board got updated, it harder to differenciate the new from the old posts... actually it's impossible.^^
    Firm but Fair

SQUEE x 9000 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I looked through the forum options today but could not find anything regarding new post settings. I will keep an eye out for forum mods that could make new posts easier to identify though I can not promise there is something available or compatible.

9. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Reviewer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity alphabeta's Avatar
    Country
    Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like

As good as the notification system is, I think it would be even better if there was an additional option to receive another type of notifications.

I'll just call them "STAR Notifications" for intentional purposes now. The principle is that people can "subscribe" to certain STAR members, and whenever they publish a new work, be that a piece of art, a translation or a review, that person receives a notification in his/her account.

I can almost see the answer, that this is possible, but requires coding, and hence I just want to say, that this would be a really useful feature and if it is possible, than I believe it should be done, even if it takes some time.

11. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by alphabeta View Post
    As good as the notification system is, I think it would be even better if there was an additional option to receive another type of notifications.

I'll just call them "STAR Notifications" for intentional purposes now. The principle is that people can "subscribe" to certain STAR members, and whenever they publish a new work, be that a piece of art, a translation or a review, that person receives a notification in his/her account.

I can almost see the answer, that this is possible, but requires coding, and hence I just want to say, that this would be a really useful feature and if it is possible, than I believe it should be done, even if it takes some time.
    Yup

Translations and Gallery updates would require linking the Front End to the forum software. New reviews are made aware of if you subscribe to the Reviews forum, but obviously aren't linked to notifications either. Notifications are currently only for PMs and Thanks/Likes, I have no idea with any plugins exist that extend the functionality of Notifications.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Could it be possible to be able to change our vote in polls when we make a mistake ?

Also the auto-merging of double post is nice, but is it possible not to do it when the posts have a certain amount of time between them ?

Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by k-dom View Post
    Could it be possible to be able to change our vote in polls when we make a mistake ?

Also the auto-merging of double post is nice, but is it possible not to do it when the posts have a certain amount of time between them ?
    I think that would require an edit of the code of some sort. Polls are a little stubborn as far as what can be changed after they're started or even closed. It takes an SQL query to just make a hidden poll public after the fact. It's a pain in the ass

The Doublepost Prevention is already set up to not auto-merge after 30 days

Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

OK it's not like the polls are that important :-)
    Can we decrease the 30 days a little ? I think a few days would be enough.

Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm not exactly sure why 30 days was chosen. It may have been arbitrary, like a well-rounded number. I'm not exactly sure why it would need to be decreased either though, people are still notified of a new post when the doublepost is merged.

Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Well because it's make it more readable, it's quite logical to have two separate posts when the topic is completely different don't you think ?
    take my selfish problem as example (after the image). My new post looks ridiculous, plus I wanted to change the title and it was not possible.

18. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Registered User 英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member Teubier's Avatar
    Country
    Reunion
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by xi0 View Post
    I'm not exactly sure why 30 days was chosen. It may have been arbitrary, like a well-rounded number. I'm not exactly sure why it would need to be decreased either though, people are still notified of a new post when the doublepost is merged.
    If I may add my own argument to k-dom's...
    I'd say that it's also because it can make some pages heavy to load. Take my thread for instance, if I wasn't using spoiler tags to lighten things up, with all the youtube links it would take an already pretty nice connection to load correctly and fast enough. I understand that it might seems like a petty request, but quite frankly, it bothers me a bit to resort to spoiler tags in this particular thread. Not that it's an absolute necessity, but if one could choose whether to apply this merging or not when one creates a thread, that could be useful for some members. Or even better, an option within the "Additional Options:" part of the advanced reply screen would be perfect.
    Also, I agree with k-dom, even if it goes against my pledge to randomness. But having two, or more, posts that have nothing in common in the same merged post is a tad pointless I think. It hinders the whole readability of the thread/posts indeed.

I believe that this post from page IV is a good example of what I'm writing.

Anyway ~~~> and

And don't forget to KILL THE FRENCH AMBASSADOR !
    Last edited by Teubier; February 12, 2012 at 11:04 AM.
    ~Oscar!http://mangahelpers.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic168684_18.gif!rascO~

20. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
New Reply
Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast