Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 754 by cnet128 , Bleach 590 by cnet128 , Gintama 504 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Thread: MangaHelpers Development Suggestion Thread

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Schabrak's Avatar
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: MangaHelpers Development Suggestion Thread

Are you an attention whore wanting more than one thanks per person per post? Oo You can thank somebody for posting a single info or a hundred, you are still thankful for that the info.

I don't really see the problem though, are some posts so important that each need it's own header? You can always change it the title to make it fit for all the "topics" by using semicolons, commas , + or the & sign.

Don't know about the search function thouigh, it worked for me earlier today, but I have problems clicking the right options to optimize the search sometimes.
    Last edited by Schabrak; March 02, 2012 at 09:15 AM.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Schabrak View Post
    Are you an attention whore wanting more than one thanks per person per post? Oo You can thank somebody for posting a single info or a hundred, you are still thankful for that the info.
    Yeah everybody knows that I want to be the member who has the most thank on this forum and that's why I made this topic for.
    When your second post is merged, the thank/like of the previous post are also merged so I just want to notify that some informations are lost whereas that can easily be changed by modifying a threshold. And it's not me wanting thanks rather than respecting what the members are thanking.
    Quote Quote:
    I don't really see the problem though, are some posts so important that each need it's own header? You can always change it the title to make it fit for all the "topics" by using semicolons, commas , + or the & sign.
    I think being able to change the title of his own user thread is not asking much. And I don't want to use dumb method when it can easily be changed by modifying a threshold.
    And again if it is not a problem for you, I don't see why people for which it is a problem should live with it. I'm not asking to recode Mangahelpers here.

Quote Quote:
    Don't know about the search function thouigh, it worked for me earlier today, but I have problems clicking the right options to optimize the search sometimes.
    If the example i gave previously works, then that is cool for you cause it doesn't work for me.
    Last edited by k-dom; March 02, 2012 at 10:24 AM.

3. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

True, had my anger with that too, don't know why it's not working.

Why isn't it working! Kaiten, xi0!?

If it can be made available in the Member forum only, good, but I somehow doubt that it would work that way. I can see people abuse it somehow and it doesn't take longer than half minute to send word to a supermod wishing for a change. It's not like our lives gonna end, if it takes a bit of time to change the name, but that only my opinion.

edit: I meant the name/title changing, not the double posts.
    Last edited by Schabrak; March 03, 2012 at 05:24 AM.
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

I honestly don't see how someone can abuse from it. Making one post every 3 days won't make your post count rockets. It would be easier to spam in the active forums.
    For information Batoto has set the limit to 1 hour recently. If it was that dangerous and negative, I think they would have revert it back now.
    Life won't end but this is a suggestion thread. And I'm sorry I don't want to ask mod for that, it's not their job.
    Plus this is not limited to the user threads but to all threads with low activities. There are plenty in the manga sections too.
    Last edited by k-dom; March 03, 2012 at 04:12 AM.

6. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つMOLLY༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member xi0's Avatar
    Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

On another topic, Fuzzy has tweaked the Advance Search page so that all Additional Search options appear by default.

Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, It's a good idea. But maybe it is the source of the problem comes from this panel, now the advance search doesn't give any results whatever the search is. The search bar from the menu works but the results are in thread

Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

I just searched this forum for posts by k-dom including the word "search" and it works fine.

Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Yes it was the same last time, it doesn't seem to not work for you. Maybe the fact that you are admin changes something. Anyway schabrack confirmed that I'm not the only one

Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by k-dom View Post
    Yes it was the same last time, it doesn't seem to not work for you. Maybe the fact that you are admin changes something. Anyway schabrack confirmed that I'm not the only one
    I tried it with a few test accounts that have the same permissions that you would have and it still worked. Maybe you should try clearing your search preferences in the drop down menu at the bottom of the Advanced Search page. Clear your cache and cookies too and see if that helps anything.

Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

I wonder if it is not navigator dependant them. For me it does not work with Firefox (10.0), but it seems it works with chrome.
    Last edited by k-dom; March 05, 2012 at 04:13 AM.

Country
    Germany
    Post Thanks / Like

Is there a way to not allow people to retake their likes/thanks after 24hrs, make them definitive? Because I see no reason to take it away if that's what one person was thankful for, kneejerk[why do english translations sound so negative XD] reactions could be changed with the next couple of posts/hours.

Just an idea.^^
    Twitter - Firm but Fair

Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Schabrak View Post
    Is there a way to not allow people to retake their likes/thanks after 24hrs, make them definitive? Because I see no reason to take it away if that's what one person was thankful for, kneejerk[why do english translations sound so negative XD] reactions could be changed with the next couple of posts/hours.

Just an idea.^^
    No default way of doing something like that. People are free to do what they want with their likes/thanks, but I'll admit that I'm not sure why someone would remove it unless it was a mistake.

Reviewer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity alphabeta's Avatar
    Country
    Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like

Just a small idea this time. Nothing big. The first one is to add a "Top Posters" tab near the Hottest Thanks/Likes and the Thanks/Likes Statistics. It could feature not only the overall big-time posters, but also those who posted the most in a day/week/month.

The other thing is to add another entry to the FAQ which would show how many posts are needed to receive what status(?). You know, those Jr. Members, Sr. Members, Hero Members, etc.

Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by alphabeta View Post
    Just a small idea this time. Nothing big. The first one is to add a "Top Posters" tab near the Hottest Thanks/Likes and the Thanks/Likes Statistics. It could feature not only the overall big-time posters, but also those who posted the most in a day/week/month.

The other thing is to add another entry to the FAQ which would show how many posts are needed to receive what status(?). You know, those Jr. Members, Sr. Members, Hero Members, etc.
    Displaying top poster statistics for everyone to see would require a plugin.

Is that information really that important? Most people realize a change in user rank.

Horosho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

All time top posters can be displayed by doing a member search:

memberlist --> search members ---> advanced search ---> order results by (at bottom of the advanced search page) ---> set to 'post count' in 'descending order' --->search now. Do not fill in any fields. The resulting member list will be ordered starting with the top poster and counting down. Not even admin can access top poster for the day (or week, month, year, etc.), it is not an option vB gives us, so it is not an option we can give to members.
    Last edited by Kaiten; March 08, 2012 at 11:54 PM.

18. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
New Reply
Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast