Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (8/18/14 - 8/24/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: Gintama 507 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: MangaHelpers Development Suggestion Thread

Harasho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: MangaHelpers Development Suggestion Thread

I'd agree, but it's not just series manga discussion that's effected. Most recent threads in Otaku Cafe were started by destiny, Asarii, or me. It's rare to see new threads started on the demographic main boards too. Not that I am complaining or mad or anything. I'm hoping to encourage anyone who is interested, and a little worried that members might feel discouraged.

2. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Translator 上級員 / Jyoukuuin / Sr. Member cmertb's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

It looks like there are simply less people here without the scanlations. Conversations drift to where scans are posted.

4. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Halfway 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Suggestion: How bout allowing larger avatar and and sig sizes? Doesn't have to be a massive update or change but other forums of this kind have members with larger signatures or avatars including the over all kb limit.

6. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Japan
    Post Thanks / Like

huge ava and sigs look ugly.

sorry to disagree.
    "[I]If you think I'm gonna sit here idly by and do nothing, then you're right, because that's what I do here.[/I]"

Steven Hyde

8. Thanks 5 Member(s) thanked this post
    Halfway 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member
    Country
    Fun Forum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by dark lord View Post
    huge ava and sigs look ugly.

sorry to disagree.
    no no thats fine dark lord if you don't like to see huge signatures. I wouldn't either. I did not mean having something that huge or ugly
    but comparing to other places, generally members like more room for their ava's and sigs to be displayed. It gives the members more room to express themselves through their signatures and avatars / work.

10. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MH Senpai MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted Bugzee's Avatar
    Country
    United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Signatures = Max overall image size is 550x170

So ugly = If they were increased by a small proportion!? If they were increased 2x the current sizes then yes. However, if they were increased by...I dunno say... 150x150 and 600x200 I don't think it would hurt too much.

I'm not too concerned about the dimensions of the avatars or signatures tbh. I would prefer to see the filesize limit changed/increased a bit then anything else really. =)
    Last edited by Bugzee; April 19, 2011 at 08:39 PM.

12. Thanks 4 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I think we can handle that.

We now allow avatars to be 125x125px. Sig pics can be 600x200. With text we allow up to 220px high. I'll add it to the rules in the morning, the system will allow larger avy and sigs now.

KB allowed will stay the same. I can look into an increase but would need to check into what effect it will have on our servers, how it could effect load times. I can't promise much though

Never mind, I should have promised more. We now allow up to 400kb for sigs. Previously 300kb, if anyone was wondering.
    Last edited by Kaiten; April 22, 2011 at 01:58 AM.

14. Thanks 8 Member(s) thanked this post
    英雄メンバー / Eiyuu Menbaa / Hero Member
    Country
    Japan
    Post Thanks / Like

can we have mangahelpers best thread awards ?
    Last edited by DLord.Van.Buuren; April 27, 2011 at 09:31 PM.
    "[I]If you think I'm gonna sit here idly by and do nothing, then you're right, because that's what I do here.[/I]"

Steven Hyde

16. Thanks 3 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

An interesting idea. We would have to work out the logistics of it, there are a lot of threads, but I'm sure it can be done. I'll alert people who are better at these type of things than me.

Registered User 下級員 / Kakyuuin / Jr. Member
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

what about youtube or video on forum?
    Spoiler show

in absentia 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity saladesu's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Sorry, not 100% sure what you mean Do you mean the ability to embed a video into a post? Like on the front page news post eg this one?

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiten View Post
    Double check the sports forum, threads for the 2006 and 2010 World Cup are there. As policy we do not delete out of date threads or move them anywhere members can not see them. We think that everyone should have the opportunity to read old convo's, no matter how out of date. Sometimes redundant threads will be merged; had someone started a thread for "World Cup 2014" and another started a "2014 FIFA World Cup" thread they would be merged. Otherwise we prefer leaving threads undisturbed.
    wrt deleted thread, I think there is a problem with the long ones which are divided. For example, the first link in the post of this one is a dead link . And I've noticed it for some others one too.

On some kosmetic aspect, I have some question about the subscription threads that one can see in our User control panel. Could it be possible to have a confirmation message when one unsubscribe to a thread (there is one for the subscription) ? With the tiny screens of the mobile phones, it's quite easy to click on them out of purpose. Also could we subscribe to forums ? Like to be aware when a new thread is created in this forum. There are some that I think I would be interested in. And maybe that would help in making people make more.

Speaking about visibility, I'm wondering on how the threads like the featured manga, the manga news,... are noticed by the community. They contains really useful contents but I'm afraid they are a bit too secretive

21. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm not sure if an email can be sent when you unsubscribe to a thread. I can look into but it might take a bit, I'd need to look through forum settings.

You can subscribe to forums. Go to the 'forum tools' drop down, next to 'search this forum'. There is an option to subscribe to a forum. You'll get an alert in your control panel whenever there is a new post in the forum or it's sub-forums. The display in control panel will look a bit like the forum index.

For notification of new posts I would either subscribe to our RSS feed, follow us on Twitter, or like us on Facebook. Any post made on the homepage is automatically Tweeted, there are updates on Facebook every time a post is made. There is not a subscription function, since the hompage is not part of the forum. I hope that answers your question.

Registered User MH中毒 / MH Chuudoku / MH Addicted k-dom's Avatar
    Country
    France
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiten View Post
    I'm not sure if an email can be sent when you unsubscribe to a thread. I can look into but it might take a bit, I'd need to look through forum settings.
    Not an email, just a question do you really want to unsubscribe yes/no? so that we can revert when one click on unsubscribe by mistake.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Ah, sorry about that. I will double check but I do not believe vBulletin has an option for that. They don't give an option of turning warnings on and off. The warnings associated delete/edit options are programmed in, not subject to admin/tech control.

25. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
New Reply
Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast