Not a member? Register now!
Announcements
Manga returns! Catch up with the details. Enjoy downloading, translating, and scanlating manga HERE legally!
Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter! Celebrate another year with MH and read our yearbook.
Manga News: Check out this week's new manga (7/21/14 - 7/27/14).
Forum News: Visit new sections for Nisekoi and Kingdom!
Translations: One Piece 754 by cnet128 , Bleach 590 by cnet128 , Gintama 504 by Bomber D Rufi
New Reply
Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread: MangaHelpers Development Suggestion Thread

Horosho 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member Kaiten's Avatar
    Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Re: MangaHelpers Development Suggestion Thread

lol. I don't think a thread is necessary. If you find a smiley that really captures the personality of a member or mod, PM it to an admin. Chances are it will be rejected. It would have to be a truly epic smiley to be accepted, in addition to really representing the member. We will also reject anyone trying to name a smiley after themselves. Remember, none of the admin have smileys named after them and we can add then them. The standards are very high.

2. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

Also, some smilies like mine were added without permission. Admins have bad sense of epic smilies since mine isn't epic at all nor does it describe me well; I don't lick monitors.

Though, it'd be better to post it in public so it can be critiqued and to see how people would react to it.

4. Like 1 Member(s) likes this post
    Reviewer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity alphabeta's Avatar
    Country
    Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by M3J View Post
    Also, some smilies like mine were added without permission. Admins have bad sense of epic smilies since mine isn't epic at all nor does it describe me well; I don't lick monitors.

Though, it'd be better to post it in public so it can be critiqued and to see how people would react to it.
    That's what i meant. If there's a tread where people can post it, then there's a room where people can troll discuss each other's smileys and whether they should be added or not.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Creating a smiley thread won't be necessary as adding smiley is not a regular occurrence. If anyone finds one they want added, PM and admin, even if it is not named after a member. I can't promise it will be added but it never hurts to ask. And chances are there will never be a smiley named after a member again, doing things like that would be fun, but it is becoming clear it would be a source of strife, not fun. Shame, because things like that are fun. Thank you for the suggestion but creating a smiley recommendation thread is out of the question
    Last edited by Kaiten; June 07, 2011 at 04:47 PM.

7. Thanks 1 Member(s) thanked this post
    Country
    Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like

wow, i'm in a suggestion mood right now.

I just saw, that if i visit a persons profile there's the function "Add to ignore list". Sure, 2 days ago, i just made use of it for the first time here on MH, but i think, there should be a "Add to contact list", which is used more often than the ignore list.

MH Senpai 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member M3J's Avatar
    Country
    Vatican City State
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think we really need a thread for it. I mean, most smilies added recently were posted by users in threads like Kait's. Posting the smilies without worrying about it being added is good enough. I'm not saying smiley thread is a bad idea, but it just seems redundant as opposed to just making posts that include the smilies. Better yet, you can even post the smilies in xi0's thread or Kait's thread. \o/ Their threads can be considered smiley thread.

Don't volunteer my thread /Kaiten
    Last edited by Kaiten; June 07, 2011 at 05:00 PM.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by alphabeta View Post
    wow, i'm in a suggestion mood right now.

I just saw, that if i visit a persons profile there's the function "Add to ignore list". Sure, 2 days ago, i just made use of it for the first time here on MH, but i think, there should be a "Add to contact list", which is used more often than the ignore list.
    You can make a contacts list. Community -> Contacts. Older versions of vB have contacts as part of the profile, vB4 has it in the top panel.

Country
    Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiten View Post
    You can make a contacts list. Community -> Contacts. Older versions of vB have contacts as part of the profile, vB4 has it on the top panel.
    That's through copy/paste or writing the username. What i meant, is include in the profile itself such a function, which would shorten this process, since it's easier for me to click on a person's profile, than remember their username and writing it down.

Thanks tho, for the tip, with the contact list being in the top panel. Didn't notice it earlier

---------- Post added at 12:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:02 AM ----------

Alpha "The Suggestor" is back. I recently came up with the idea of adding a poll in the volume cover discussion thread in the bakuman section. The Thing is that if a Poll will be added now, and then in 1/2 months comes out another volume, this poll will be forced to be stripped, in order to make a new one, what would result in the loss of all the votes for that poll.

Now what i think should be added as a function, is the ability to modify your polls, meaning adding/removing possible answers.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つMOLLY༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member xi0's Avatar
    Country
    Pyke
    Post Thanks / Like

Only staff members are allowed to edit polls. Adding/Removing...tampering with results...it's not that we assume the worse, it's just better off if it's handled by us. That way, no nonsense is involved.

Oh, and putting all that aside, the only way to be able to edit polls is to be given the ability to edit ALL polls, not just the ones you started.

News Writer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zeltrax's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

Do you think it is possible to get MH up on tapatalk? , its just a suggestion and I understand that there is already a mobile version of MH.
    But Tapatalk is a lot easier to use and better.
    Of course this suggestion most likely will only make it easier for android phones user and there's the license price to consider

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

Tapatalk is not really a decision that can be made at the staff level. I can talk to njt, the owner, about it. MH traditionally does not use programs like tapatalk, I can't promise very much. If you don't here back from me, expect the worst. As a droid user, I agree that our mobile version leaves a lot to be desired.

15. Thanks 2 Member(s) thanked this post
    Corporate 伝説メンバー / Densetsu / Legendary Member blai's Avatar
    Country
    Sweden
    Post Thanks / Like

As a fellow droid user I agree MH could use something like it's own app but it's not as simple as just to add a thumbnail and a link, unfortunately. I use the intergrated web-browser and with my 15mb/s net it works flawlessly but I'm using the normal inet version for it then.
    You're not paid to think;
    A mindless worker is a happy worker,
    so shut up and do your job.

Country
    United States
    Post Thanks / Like

We wouldn't need an ap, necessarily. We had a mobile version before the upgrade, it looked a bit like a blackberry curve interface, but worked pretty well. My problem was that MH did not default to mobile when accessed from a phone, like other sites do. Not sure if it would be doable, but that is what I would want from a new mobile theme.

News Writer 有名人 / Yuumeijin / Celebrity Zeltrax's Avatar
    Country
    Singapore
    Post Thanks / Like

I was wondering about that and I have to always remember to add "m." in front of the url.
    The current one works well on most phones and tapatalk was just a suggestion that can improve MH on mobile.
    Quote Quote:
    Not sure if it would be doable, but that is what I would want from a new mobile theme
    I'm sorry that I'm not sure how it works but I would love to see that as well.

Country
    Russian Federation
    Post Thanks / Like

Another review accentric suggestion.

All reviews that become outdated are moved into the archive section of their respective manga sections, and they start lying there like dust on the bookshell, which i find rather a waste, since they still can be used.

Now what i suggest is doing a big list with all reviews that have been done on MH, with subpoints for every manga. Basically, something like this.

List of all Reviews done on MH

Naruto

xxx's review of Naruto chapter xx1: aaa
    xxx's review of Naruto chapter xx2: aaa
    xxx's review of Naruto chapter xx3: aaa

Bleach

bbb's review of Bleach chapter ccc1: ttt

blah, blah, blah, you see what i mean.

New Reply
Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast